Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gia727
Yeah......7 days off narcs!
    girl80902 is offline Member

Default Yeah......7 days off narcs!

Now for the love of Pete, if I could only sleep tonight it would be a bleesing! Supplements and vitamins are the key for setting yourself up for an easier physical WB time! Still have no idea how to combat the mental issues tho, without perscription meds anyway...but I keep drinking my Chamomile/green tea by the soup bowls and pray I don't gain water weight.....hmmm could be why my mind won't stop racing at night, so I can sleep....stupid female complexes! Anyway, I'm off for a day of keeping freedom free, so we can all be a support to one another as we all continue on with our trials of everyday life.....large or small as they may be at least you are free to make your own choice as how to deal with them!

Luv to all.....practice will make perfect.....if you remember that perfect is how you preceive it. I'm not perfect but i'm perfect for someone.

Izzn & nobby I'm so proud of you both....you are a wonderful support to each other and I wish I could be on more often throughout the day but duty calls.

Nobby work on getting this communication tactic secure....oh for the love of pete I need to go to work....lol...I forget how to use "people words" to get my point across.

Izzn....use that RLS to burn calories sweets, you got a summer goal now!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-07-2012 at 09:20 PM.

nobby02 is offline Member

GIRL. my Girl. EXCELLENTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 days for me at 10:07. Getting rid of at least a 6 year habit. Luckily for me it only progressed from 5's, to 7.5,s. to 10,s over those years but the potential was there to get worse and I was abusing.

Quote Originally Posted by nobby02 View Post
    GIRL. my Girl. EXCELLENTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 days for me at 10:07. Getting rid of at least a 6 year habit. Luckily for me it only progressed from 5's, to 7.5,s. to 10,s over those years but the potential was there to get worse and I was abusing.
    Nobby I didn't realize you were that close behind me in our goal to get off these meds.....so awesome! I'm tired today now that my day has started....mostly from the lack of sleep but I keep coffee running strog through my veins .....now I'm tired AND jittery.....lol....Grrrr. Are you sleeping okay? Do you have any lingering physical symptoms? How's the family? Be back on in a lil while.

AlmostHome is offline Junior Member

Only time can solve the sleep problems. I have read posts from ppl who say it took 5 to 6 weeks for sleep to go normal again. Hang in there, try to focus on gettig to sleep, like counting backwards or other 'tricks' to get to sleep. I think its an underlying anxiety, ones brain is learning how to slow itself down without drugs.

When i was going through it I would hop out of bed to do this, or grab that, or charge the cell phone, but i shouldnt have even been thinking about those things at bed time.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostHome View Post
    Only time can solve the sleep problems. I have read posts from ppl who say it took 5 to 6 weeks for sleep to go normal again. Hang in there, try to focus on gettig to sleep, like counting backwards or other 'tricks' to get to sleep. I think its an underlying anxiety, ones brain is learning how to slow itself down without drugs.

When i was going through it I would hop out of bed to do this, or grab that, or charge the cell phone, but i shouldnt have even been thinking about those things at bed time.
    In 5-6 weeks I'll be on a whole nother sleep cycle that will have nothing to do with my body adjusting. Its fine for me....at some time I know I'll crash .....48hrs on then 2-3 hrs off and repeat ....it happens often. Thank You.

Gia727 is offline New Member

hey girl, experienced sleep problems with a failed attempt to get off Suboxone which is also a opiate, I had major sleep issues cuz I came off of Subs too fast, but one thing I learned is while coming off a opiate a lot of people are very sensitive to caffine, if I drank a half of coke I was up all night so try one day without the greentea and see if that will help you sleep at all. If that doesnt improve the sleep, it will come with time.

Also-when worrying about sleep and it constantly being on your mind, that will generate anxiety which is one of the main causes of insomnia. Insomnia is only a symptom of something else, so try not to even think about if your gonna get sleep or not, dont even worry about it. Just be glad your clean! I look up to you, I am going to begin a taper plan with Subs with Robert_325's help very soon so I am looking forward to it, I have a tread too so if you get bored come to my thread, lol, and I will check on you too.

Keep up the good work, I am very proud of you, you are so strong
    Last edited by Gia727; 02-07-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    Izzn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia727 View Post
    hey girl, experienced sleep problems with a failed attempt to get off Suboxone which is also a opiate, I had major sleep issues cuz I came off of Subs too fast, but one thing I learned is while coming off a opiate a lot of people are very sensitive to caffine, if I drank a half of coke I was up all night so try one day without the greentea and see if that will help you sleep at all. If that doesnt improve the sleep, it will come with time.

Also-when worrying about sleep and it constantly being on your mind, that will generate anxiety which is one of the main causes of insomnia. Insomnia is only a symptom of something else, so try not to even think about if your gonna get sleep or not, dont even worry about it. Just be glad your clean! I look up to you, I am going to begin a taper plan with Subs with Robert_325's help very soon so I am looking forward to it, I have a tread too so if you get bored come to my thread, lol, and I will check on you too.

Keep up the good work, I am very proud of you, you are so strong

Thank You Gia. Would I be sensitive to caffine if it's something I've been use to for years??? I only drink it in the morning. I don't drink any sodas and I don't eat much sugar, if at all. Honestly this sleep issue is nothing new to me. I just have not delt with it in awhile. I don't have trouble falling alseep I have trouble staying asleep. I think I'm tired enough today tho to sleep a good span tonight. We will all know in the morning for sure.

Izzn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostHome View Post

Hey, thanks for this Almost. Because I cannot sleep. Yikes. I am only at 2 1/2 days but feeling not too bad. Constant episodes every few hours of intense RLS, my leg and thigh muscles ache from the constant excercize. GIRL you read my mind completely about burning calories! LOL!!! Especially since I have no appetite right now!

I am weak and wobbly and easily fatigued, but other than a bit of a headache and the RLS, I feel ok. But so weak; and the sadness and lack of motivation is a whole other discussion, but I am hoping that I can work on building up my stamina and then will be more encouraged to move around even more.

Taking those 2 tiny doses the first 2 nights of detox was probably a mistake. Coz now I have been in w/d for 5 days and only 2 1/2 days of real healing under my belt. For who ever is reading this, try not to cheat it really only sets your detox back.

I didnt know if you guys would still be on, I was so happy to see you Girl and Nobby and others having a decent day today!

Honestly I am doping up to sleep, that is the worst for me, to want to sleep but not be able. I have some valium from my back surgery.

Honestly I am doping up to sleep, that is the worst for me, to want to sleep but not be able. I have some valium from my back surgery.
    Nobby my RLS (when I had it before I took supplements) was the worst for me and being irritated that 2-3 day.I can't imagine what poor Izzn feels like because she has RLS way worse than I did! I started with the sleeping issues about the 5th night....minor for 2 nights then bad last night. I think I will be fine tonight tho....I got some Organic Tension Release tea at Walmart today.....haha I read the back to see what was in it that I wasn't already taking and it said CATNIP....I about fell over ....lol. Seems to be working because an hour after drinking a cup I was falling asleep....but I had to get up and get the kids to bed.....back to the tea I go. Wish me luck! I took my Melatonin, the Valerian Root and another cup of tea.....my mind is tired and clear....praying I stay asleep if I get there!

Izzn, my moodiness and lack of not wanting to eat (because I was hungry) was the worst at the 2-3 and into the 4 day mark. I'm getting the headaches off and on still....

Gia727 is offline New Member

Hey girl, I know it effected me and I usually drink coffee every morning too, I drink about 2 cups but when I was detoxing it was different, its like the caffine effected me way different. Your body handeled caffine differently when you was on the narcs, the narcs made you numb to other things like caffine and you could drink more but still sleep good at night...Now that your body is resetting itsself, your sensitive to things that you werent before. I know in my situation, it was like that so maybe you will be different maybe not, but it wont hurt to try going without for 1 day just to see. But if it doesnt bother you, then hey, have your green tea And thats good that it does not bother you about getting sleep or now..For me, I dont do good without sleep, it instigates anxiety, insomnia is like a fuel to fire for my anxiety. But, with time you will get your sleep. Have a good night

I know all about RLS, have been on meds for it, levodopa, requip, mirapex. Nothing seemed to work, as far as I could tell I just eventually fell asleep. This was before AND during my pill taking, maybe the pill taking made it worse. However since I have been diagnosed with intrinsic factor and inject B12 once a month, and have been taking iron pills since my hysterectomy as I lost a lot of blood. Those reasons may be why the RLS (which I actually get in my arms as well) is not too bad this time.

I would cry and want to cut my legs off, I would walk around my house until 4am, 530 am when Dh is getting up before I would get to sleep. I would want to stab my calves, so I wish I could help IZZ, hate to say it but if she relapses maybe have the thomas recipe handy, some iron, maybe a good b complex.

I know all about RLS, have been on meds for it, levodopa, requip, mirapex. Nothing seemed to work, as far as I could tell I just eventually fell asleep. This was before AND during my pill taking, maybe the pill taking made it worse. However since I have been diagnosed with intrinsic factor and inject B12 once a month, and have been taking iron pills since my hysterectomy as I lost a lot of blood. Those reasons may be why the RLS (which I actually get in my arms as well) is not too bad this time.

I would cry and want to cut my legs off, I would walk around my house until 4am, 530 am when Dh is getting up before I would get to sleep. I would want to stab my calves, so I wish I could help IZZ, hate to say it but if she relapses maybe have the thomas recipe handy, some iron, maybe a good b complex.
    I can't for the life of me imagine what the RLS you two have/had would be like! I wanted to run a 5K last night because I couldn't get my mind to stop racing so I could fall asleep!

Gia, I'll stop my coffee intake tomorrow and see if that makes a diff....I don't mind drinking my hot green tea in the morning....hot cup of goodness is all I care about.....lol.

I should be able to settle in for a good sleep tonight since I'm pretty tired.....I've got a slight headache so my mind deff is not racing tonight. Plus, I have an ear ache in my left ear that started a little yesterday and got worse today. Lucky for me I had some antibiotics left over, so I started on that to make sure its not an infection and I really get into trouble with a throbbing ear ache and rupture the drum....that would suck after a week of detox!

Moving on............Day 8 is a good nights sleep away (I hope and pray) <3 Sweets dreams everyone and may you all sleep with the angels. Talk to everyone in the morning.

AlmostHome is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by girl80902 View Post
    I can't for the life of me imagine what the RLS you two have/had would be like! I wanted to run a 5K last night because I couldn't get my mind to stop racing so I could fall asleep!

Gia, I'll stop my coffee intake tomorrow and see if that makes a diff....I don't mind drinking my hot green tea in the morning....hot cup of goodness is all I care about.....lol.

I should be able to settle in for a good sleep tonight since I'm pretty tired.....I've got a slight headache so my mind deff is not racing tonight. Plus, I have an ear ache in my left ear that started a little yesterday and got worse today. Lucky for me I had some antibiotics left over, so I started on that to make sure its not an infection and I really get into trouble with a throbbing ear ache and rupture the drum....that would suck after a week of detox!

Moving on............Day 8 is a good nights sleep away (I hope and pray) <3 Sweets dreams everyone and may you all sleep with the angels. Talk to everyone in the morning.
    I cant tell you how many times i was tired as hell but couldnt fall asleep in bed. I would say "no nyquill for me tonight" and then i get into bed and its hot cold hot cold. Then its 11 or 12 and too late to take a sleep aid and make a go of it the next day. I didnt take anything but my daily vitamin and a shot of nyquill. Like I think that the problem is anxiety and maybe high bp or heart rate caused from wdraw. During my worse phase i had a resting bp of 153 over 95. That will keep you up for sure.

Once asleep i slept like a baby though.

HECK YEAH Y"all, who is with me and Girl and Izz, 7 days for me tomorrow and I feel GREAT.

HECK YEAH Y"all, who is with me and Girl and Izz, 7 days for me tomorrow and I feel GREAT.
    I'm tellin ya, its them supplements that made the diff! I can tough through it if I have to and have because I didn't know that I was having WDs...I thought since I was only on them a couple weeks at a time I wouldn't get depended....sure not! Then I had to have surgery after surgery after I was in ICU. That was all of last year and 6 surgies later now I'm back to where I was the year before all this started. Not sure if I'll have to have more surgies this year but I now know what I need to do and maintain to not ever go back to that dark place stupid Vicodine traps you in!

The bad thing for me is that I know I have one more surgery maybe more so.....
    I hope I can stay tough, I have been of and on this stuff for at least 6 years.

It is very hard to hear others on the board that have moved on to more and more drugs and sometimes have even gone to >>>>>> in the end.

I was a good girl, didn't do drugs, have never touched anything a person had to snort or inject. You can never tell if it is the pain a person is in or an addictive personality that gets people hooked on this "poor mans >>>>>>"

The bad thing for me is that I know I have one more surgery maybe more so.....
    I hope I can stay tough, I have been of and on this stuff for at least 6 years.

It is very hard to hear others on the board that have moved on to more and more drugs and sometimes have even gone to >>>>>> in the end.

I was a good girl, didn't do drugs, have never touched anything a person had to snort or inject. You can never tell if it is the pain a person is in or an addictive personality that gets people hooked on this "poor mans >>>>>>"
    I feel ya on all this nobby. I'm the same kinda girl you are and feel the same way!