Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheBSly
Work comp victim left to Percocet WDl symptoms alone. Here is my recovery schedule.
    TheBSly is offline New Member

Default Work comp victim left to Percocet WDl symptoms alone. Here is my recovery schedule.

I got hurt at work 3 years ago and have had 2 subsequent surgeries and 6 additional procedures. My pain doctor started me on Norco, which I maxed out after about 2 years. Then he switched me to the Percocets. After a year of that, I was up to 2 10/325 percs, 4 times a day. Along with 5 mg Opana, 4 times a day. One day work comp decided they wanted to settle my case which in turn closed out my medical benefits, so no more pain doc. Needless to say, I ran out of my scripts and was left high and dry to go through withdrawal on my own. The first 2 days were a breeze. On day 3 came the diarrhea, cold sweats, nausea, and excruciating stomach pains. I've DT'ed before and had all of the other symptoms besides the stomach pain, but that was off of Norco alone. I ended up going to the ER. Upon admittance, I was suffering from all of the above symptoms as well as vomiting, and high blood pressure (most likely from the pain). They had me there pumping me full of non-narcotic drugs to counteract each of the symptoms separately. Once I was down to a tolerable level of pain, I was discharged with 4 scripts: Bentyl - to treat the stomach pain, Zofran ODT - to prevent nausea and vomiting, Ativan - to treat anxiety, Naproxen - to treat the pain that I was originally being medicated for.

DAY 4

Body felt weak. Unable to eat. Stomach sore from all of the pain the day before. Moving slow avoiding sudden moving or bending due to stomach soreness.

DAY 5

Got some strength back. Appetite came back and able to eat again. Minor soreness in stomach area. Solid stool again.

SO..... that has been my ordeal so far. I'll add to it as the days go by. I'm not sure what to expect. If that was the worst of it and now I'm home free, or if I should go to a doc to start a suboxone treatment once the meds from the ER run out? Anybody that can answer that question, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to my opiate-free life and feeling "normal" again. I said "normal" because anyone that knows me, knows there's a fine line between me and being "normal".

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Bsly, IMO I would stay away from the subs, they are an opiate and addictive. Plus most docs start people on way to high a dose. Coming off the subs would be worse than what you just went through. Just a suggestion, your decision, However read some of the stories of what people went through getting off the subs Surfdog

Thank you Surfdog. I was really leaning more towards avoiding pain docs now that I hope I went through the worst of it and I'm afraid they would put me back on the other side of it. I think from this point I should go it alone, and with the help of my fellow recoverers on here.

Which brings me to Day 6

Physical strength back to normal. Strange feeling in my gut. Urge to find another pill. It was more of a pestering suggestion in the back of my mind. I ran out of the scripts the ER gave me to counteract the withdrawal. Curbing it with my old friend Jack Daniels. I know some of you have problems with alcohol as well, but mine was with the Percocet I was prescribed. I am finding it helpful and the urges have gone away.

shawn156 is offline Member

I agree with surfdog,you are to close to being over this,I would just ride the rest out and you will be better in a few days. The stomach pain will go away,I never really found anything to help with it but with the Norco it only lasted a few days.

I searched to find out how long it would last and found nothing. I know each person is different, the drugs are different, and dosage, and length of time on them. But I hope this thread will help people to know that they aren't alone and what they're feeling is "normal". Today I feel a lot better and I'm ready for my narcotic free life.
    HopefulnHouston likes this.