Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By dizzynikki
went through rapid detox tuesday. any q's
  1. #1
    dizzynikki is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default went through rapid detox tuesday. any q's

    yeah, i done regular rehab. quit cold turkey. I have been clean a few times only to relapse weeks, months later.
    well this time it rocked my wallet for $11,000. Im certainly not gonna say im cured, but i do know when i look an opiate pill, i dont think about how it cost 2 bucks or whatever. I know that will be the most expensive pill ever.
    Anyway, I havent seen to many post on the subject so if u have any questions, let me know.
    Good luck everyone

  2. #2
    mom23boyz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    What is rapid detox?

  3. #3
    Suboxowned is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Way south suburbs of Chicago.
    Posts
    132

    Default

    How did you feel right after your procedure? I've read up on a few different places that perform the rapid detox. I had considered going to the one in Chicago...but, I chickened out. I was afraid I wouldn't come out of it. Good for you...

  4. #4
    DamnataAnimus is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom23boyz View Post
    What is rapid detox?
    Rapid detox is a procedure where you are put to sleep while the drugs get out of your system.

    Rapid detox patients placed under anesthesia while given treatment drugs, such as naltrexone, can avoid the extreme pain associated with such treatments, say proponents, and bypass the major effects of withdrawal.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_de...Detoxification

  5. #5
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnataAnimus View Post
    Rapid detox is a procedure where you are put to sleep while the drugs get out of your system.

    Rapid detox patients placed under anesthesia while given treatment drugs, such as naltrexone, can avoid the extreme pain associated with such treatments, say proponents, and bypass the major effects of withdrawal.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_de...Detoxification




    I'm for anything that works. IF you research the results of rapid detox programs such as the Waismann Method you'll find it very expensive and it also has a very high relapse ratio. That is a fact!

    The highest success ratio I've seen in the years I've been involved in this process is with buprenorphine when administered with small doses of 4mg or less at induction and with a total therapy time including titration down of no more than ten weeks.

    I'll put my house up as collateral (and it's paid for in full) if anyone wants to pay me $11,000.00 to get clean that I can have you totally clean and feeling great if you'll follow my instructions to the letter. And we'll be done in 8-10 weeks with relatively little discomfort. I'm on for all takers. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-02-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    dsac6060 and lilnadz like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  6. #6
    DamnataAnimus is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mom23boyz View Post
    What is rapid detox?
    Oh I was just answering the question Robert. I am not saying to do it or not do it. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

  7. #7
    newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    I'm not for or against any particular treatment if it works. However, I was addicted to methadone on a program and saw several people I knew on meth go to Weismann only to come out of it sicker than death - only to end up back on methadone almost immediately. I suppose it does work better for those addicted to short acting opiates. Also, as Robert said, it's ridiculously expensive for something not guaranteed.

  8. #8
    dizzynikki is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Okay, one thing that i have learned since becoming addicted to opiates is that almost every story is different. Whether its the amount, the drugs, your tolerance. Very rarely do u see two people with the exact same stories on here. So this my story and if it helps you, then im not wasting my time.
    About 4 years ago, i started taking 7.5 lortabs to get high.
    About 2 years ago, i started taking 3 mg of xanax a day.
    Xanax may be the worst drug in the world to get off of. Anyone trying to get off those, i would seriuosly think about using other drugs along with anti-seizure pills to come off it.
    I feel so lucky that i wasnt taking them too long, so i was still able to function with just my tabs and somas.
    As of two weeks ago, i bought 180 10mg tabs, had a script for 120 more, plus 60 somas, and 200 60mg xr morphine pills that wouldnt get me high but would get me through the time i didnt have lortabs. I was averaging about 400 mgs a day.
    On sunday i called a dr yee in las vegas. I meet with him on tues. they rushed some bloodwork on my kidneys and liver. I had the procedure tues at 11am.
    Now dr yee uses a similar procedure as weismann, but dr yee puts you out for 8 hours instead of one or two.
    Anyway, the first night i slept good. They actually asked me if i wanted some ambien to sleep. I was like no u dumb f.
    Day 2 was still just pretty tired, but zero withdrawels.
    Its day 5 now, im getting my energy back and feeling pretty good.
    Please know that im not new at this. I know quitting is the easy part. Never doing it again is the hard part.
    But for me and my story, it really really helped with the withdrawals.
    Now, the hard part.
    DamnataAnimus likes this.

  9. #9
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    dizzynikki ...... I am all for you, but you are right, this is the hard part you are facing now. Remember that the relapse rate is about 80% coming out of rapid detox. Those are bad odds so you have to really be vigilant. Good luck to you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  10. #10
    dsac6060 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dizzynikki View Post
    Okay, one thing that i have learned since becoming addicted to opiates is that almost every story is different. Whether its the amount, the drugs, your tolerance. Very rarely do u see two people with the exact same stories on here. So this my story and if it helps you, then im not wasting my time.
    About 4 years ago, i started taking 7.5 lortabs to get high.
    About 2 years ago, i started taking 3 mg of xanax a day.
    Xanax may be the worst drug in the world to get off of. Anyone trying to get off those, i would seriuosly think about using other drugs along with anti-seizure pills to come off it.
    I feel so lucky that i wasnt taking them too long, so i was still able to function with just my tabs and somas.
    As of two weeks ago, i bought 180 10mg tabs, had a script for 120 more, plus 60 somas, and 200 60mg xr morphine pills that wouldnt get me high but would get me through the time i didnt have lortabs. I was averaging about 400 mgs a day.
    On sunday i called a dr yee in las vegas. I meet with him on tues. they rushed some bloodwork on my kidneys and liver. I had the procedure tues at 11am.
    Now dr yee uses a similar procedure as weismann, but dr yee puts you out for 8 hours instead of one or two.
    Anyway, the first night i slept good. They actually asked me if i wanted some ambien to sleep. I was like no u dumb f.
    Day 2 was still just pretty tired, but zero withdrawels.
    Its day 5 now, im getting my energy back and feeling pretty good.
    Please know that im not new at this. I know quitting is the easy part. Never doing it again is the hard part.
    But for me and my story, it really really helped with the withdrawals.
    Now, the hard part.
    WOW, thats crazy! Just be strong my friend! How much did that cost?
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

  11. #11
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsac6060 View Post
    WOW, thats crazy! Just be strong my friend! How much did that cost?
    They charge from 10 -$15000!!! Pretty costly when it has an 80% relapse ratio. Wish someone would pay me $10K to get them clean!
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  12. #12
    dsac6060 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Robert you'd be rich lol.....thats insane!!!!! Im not even considering that. >> rather man up and get through it. PPl relapse bc they think, okay that wasnt so bad, I can do it again!!! DUH WRONG
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

  13. #13
    dizzynikki is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hey my people. Its been 10 days since my rapid detox. Im back to work now where everyone has pills. So far the cravings haven't been too bad. Im actually on a drug now called naltraxone. Its a pill you can take or not take every day. Just know that if you do take the pill, you cant get high on any opiates that day. You could shoot up with >>>>>> and not get high. So thats one deterent, And then of course, there is the money. I know that any opiate pill I take, that pill will costs me $11000. When I had this procedure done, I had $13000 in my bank. Im 39 yo. So I think the money part is really stick in my brain every time I have the opportunity take a pill.
    As Ive said a million times, quitting is the easy part. Not going back is the hardest. If you get to the other side of your withdrawals, you need to have something that you can go to every time you have the craving. Hopefully the money, the pain I have put my family through, and the embarassment will be mine.
    Good to everyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22