• 2 Post By xFaithx
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By shybaybe2003
  • 1 Post By SiriusMoonlight
  • 2 Post By rubindawg
wanting a pill
    april0279 is offline New Member

Unhappy wanting a pill

Well today is 22 days clean for me and I'm honestly thinking about getting off Suboxone and getting another rx of Oxycodone....I swear the Suboxone doesn't help all the time with my cravings. Anyone else have this problem? I really miss that high...even with everything I stand to lose like my husband, child, family support, the need is still very much alive in me. I know they say it takes time for the Oxy to even clear out of your system, but somedays I really question if I'm able to stay clean. Some days I really don't want to.

xFaithx is offline New Member

Stay strong April! Think of the hell you've been through, and of how much you deserve to be free from the active cycles of addiction. Do whatever it takes to not regress. Hold on tight to your children, husband and family. You are lucky to have them, and all the more, aside from your own well being, those precious reasons to not use.

Imagine your life without them - and that it will likely become your reality if you dont keep fighting the fight.
    The trauma of merely imagining all of that loss may urge you to use in and of itself. Dont let it be a trigger, let that thought be a motivation to stand your ground.

You CAN do this. Want it. Dont let those nasty demons get the best of you. Its addiction rearing its ugly head, making you want tbat high. Its not a high, its a spiritual and physical prison. Its a death sentence. Get mad, fight that beast!!

Stay strong, please.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by april0279 View Post
    Well today is 22 days clean for me and I'm honestly thinking about getting off Suboxone and getting another rx of Oxycodone....I swear the Suboxone doesn't help all the time with my cravings. Anyone else have this problem? I really miss that high...even with everything I stand to lose like my husband, child, family support, the need is still very much alive in me. I know they say it takes time for the Oxy to even clear out of your system, but somedays I really question if I'm able to stay clean. Some days I really don't want to.
    you gotta want this. no amount of listening to people on here is gonna solve that for you. what dose of sub are you currently on.? do you take it same time every day. ? whats your routine...

subs should be eliminating those cravings. but you need to do some work also. like get to a meeting. go talk to some addicts.... and also mate. being on subs is not being clean. you are still on opiates.

you know the drill. fight thru this. or use. thats your only two choices right now... so what is it. ? live or die.

your choice....
    Tammy_Perry_1985 likes this.

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

The answer to your problem is simple- dont use. Just the fact that we still crave and may possibly use, knowing what will happen to us tells you how sick people with addiction are. As cheeky said its up to you if you decide to use or not. The only thing i can say is i do understand where your at but if you just dont use it does get better. Its all up to you.I am praying for your families sake you will hang on and not give in to the selfishness addiction. Because thats where addiction differs other diseases. Its hurtful, and selfish. Just dont use!
    Clean and Sober as of 4-25-2011

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shybaybe2003 View Post
    The answer to your problem is simple- dont use. Just the fact that we still crave and may possibly use, knowing what will happen to us tells you how sick people with addiction are. As cheeky said its up to you if you decide to use or not. The only thing i can say is i do understand where your at but if you just dont use it does get better. Its all up to you.I am praying for your families sake you will hang on and not give in to the selfishness addiction. Because thats where addiction differs other diseases. Its hurtful, and selfish. Just dont use!
    nice post shy. and GOOD ON YA, you are doing well. great to see....

hey april, what dose of subs are you currently on??

That's the "obsessive, compulsive" nature of the disease of addiction. Normal people do not crave an oxycodone pill 22 days after inducting onto Suboxone. For me, the obsession to use drugs again was lifted at about 90 days after I completely detoxed off of everything, which took me a year beginning in January 2009 to induct, taper and detox. I also went to NA and AA meetings and began a program of recovery that is working and I have been completely clean for 18 months. I feel great and rarely even have a thought of using. It does occasionally happen, but I have methods for dealing with it now that I didn't have with 22 days. Don't give up or give in...give it all you have because it's worth it.

rubindawg is offline New Member

my boyfriend told me that he learned in rehab that cravings generally last 5-7 minutes and if you can distract yourself or stay busy during those minutes it will pass but if you just obsess over it and keep thinking about it it will just keep repeating. they recommend exercise to release natural endorphins
    iloerose and Tammy_Perry_1985 like this.

angel9kate is offline New Member

things will get easier.. the cravings will start to fade, ull slowly replace ur old addictive habits with new, fun healthy ones... i kno i dont know u guys at all, but, been there... i know exactly where your coming from...

i really wish that i had had the strength that all u guys have... to have made the choice on my own... the amount of support that u all have in each other... keep going strong

when i finally cleaned up... i had rehab and, well jail to make me... considerably eaier to kick the habit that way lol. no opportunity (or very little) of temptations to lead to the cravings, slipping, using and such. your doing it on by choice..... i admire all you guys for that.... and dont forget congratulations so far ...

it took me awhile to put my life and family back together... (lost them for 3 years)..but i did... and seeing them proud of me... thats what made it all worthwhile, the most important...

in an an earlier post i saw here you spoke of your family... use them as ur motivation... no matter how bad those cravings get... think of ur family...

congrats on another day clean, keep it up

Katie

angel9kate is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusMoonlight View Post
    That's the "obsessive, compulsive" nature of the disease of addiction. Normal people do not crave an oxycodone pill 22 days after inducting onto Suboxone. For me, the obsession to use drugs again was lifted at about 90 days after I completely detoxed off of everything, which took me a year beginning in January 2009 to induct, taper and detox. I also went to NA and AA meetings and began a program of recovery that is working and I have been completely clean for 18 months. I feel great and rarely even have a thought of using. It does occasionally happen, but I have methods for dealing with it now that I didn't have with 22 days. Don't give up or give in...give it all you have because it's worth it.
    first of.... grats to u for getting and staying clean SiriusMoonlight

and i beg to differ about craving an oxy after 22 days... even on subs... ur drug of coice is just that, no matter what you try to replace it with... (well, thats my opinion)
    and..i think everyone detoxs at their own speeds both mentally and physically. which is hugely influenced and by surroundings.. can cause triggers of stress, people even places that can lead to a relapse. but this is just what i was taught, i didnt get to have a taper... i didnt get support... thats how i was cleaned up...

so i do agree with u about needing meetings and programs... they teach u about addictions and even avoiding and coping with your cravings and triggers. They can offer alot of support

but im getting kinda preachy... sry... ur doing great keep it up

Katie

the cravings do fade but i believe they to an extent, never go away. its basically reteaching u to live your life withought putting yourself in oppertunies to fail. I had to loose most of friends because they still did drugs. had to learn new coping stratigies (with the cravings), most of the time losing most friends (to remove remindance or the substance and to ovoid be in a temping situation)everyone has their own drug of choice