Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ready4change12
tonight...Day 2.What's going to happen to me?
    shawn156 is offline Member

Default tonight...Day 2.What's going to happen to me?

At 2am,I will be at day 2 and so far my w/d hasn't been bad.I just hope day 3 doesn't come and kick me in the ass and put me down again. I have had mild symptoms so far and if this is as bad as it gets I can go back to work this weekend.
    I just pray I don't wake up in a mess tomorrow and I feel better then I did today.
    I want to get out of the house so badly,been in since early Monday morning and it's driving me crazy,I need out but scared to go anywhere.
    Since my symptoms have been mild so far I hope the worse part is behind me and I keep getting stronger from here.I did force food in me today,more then I have the last couple of days and I have done some working out and feel good but I am scared of what tomorrow brings.

Shawn just wanted to jump in and say congrats on Day 2. Please try to remember as your going through this journey to take it one day at a time. Just work on today and make the days goal to welcome another day of sobriety. Tell yourself today I will not use and I will continue to work towards recovery and I will not worry about tomorrow, I will take care of tomorrow when it comes. Keep strong!! You can do it!!
    girl80902 likes this.

Thanks ready.
    I can't use anymore that is the nice part,I have no pills here screaming to be used but the cravings are very hard to deal with right now and I know if I had a chance I would go back to them.My back is in horrible pain,I can't get comfortable.I know I will beat this just a few more days and I will feel better,it's just really hard to do again.
    After 6 years of on and off pain meds,oxy being the worst,this should be easy but since I am older now,it's seems harder to do and the temptation is harder to stay away from.
    I think I will take my benzos and go to bed and see how much sleep I can get tonight.Tomorrow is a new and hopefully better day and 1 day closer to being sober.

Schaff25 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by shawn156 View Post
    Thanks ready.
    I can't use anymore that is the nice part,I have no pills here screaming to be used but the cravings are very hard to deal with right now and I know if I had a chance I would go back to them.My back is in horrible pain,I can't get comfortable.I know I will beat this just a few more days and I will feel better,it's just really hard to do again.
    After 6 years of on and off pain meds,oxy being the worst,this should be easy but since I am older now,it's seems harder to do and the temptation is harder to stay away from.
    I think I will take my benzos and go to bed and see how much sleep I can get tonight.Tomorrow is a new and hopefully better day and 1 day closer to being sober.
    Shawn, congrats on doing this! It isn't going to be an easy next week, but you just have to hang on and hold tight. HELL is leaving your body and it doesn't want to go without a nasty fight. I am 31 days clean from the spell of hell those opiates put me under. the flu is the worst part at first, then the aches, then you just want to jump out of your skin.

I had major back surery in Sept 2011 and was on meds for a long time before that. The crazy thing is now that I am OFF the meds, my back barely hurts anymore. The pills just mask everything and make the pain even worse. Robert gave me some great advice and said to get clean first, then assess the pain levels. I am a healthy 35 year old and those nasty pills almost killed me.

You just have to get through the toughtest part right now. The light at the end of hte tunnel is close and I promise you it is worth it. I can FEEL again and life is just sooooo amazing. read some of my old posts from just a month ago. crazy stuff.

hang in there!

Thanks.Last time I went through this last August it wasn't to bad and mild but I hear it gets worse with each go around. To think I was 6 weeks or so clean and sober when I started again.I feel ashamed I beat it once and then went back into my hell of living on pills. I know the pain in my back is just unbearable right now and can't seem to get comfy to do anything. I took some xanax to curb the jitters which worked great so the cravings have stopped for now. I take a higher dose to sleep at night so I stay asleep and will for a few more nights and see how it goes.
    I kind of feel the worse is behind me but time will tell,if tomorrow is better then today,then I know I am free of the evils of the pill.

WolfvsDog is offline New Member

Congrats on the two days I would tell you that the first week or the first 30 days are the hardest, but being 9 months sober myself away from oxy, dxm, alcohol, weed, xanax and a few other random things from time to time those were just the regular typical daily stash, I have to say the first few day's were refreshing for me I was helped by rehab, once the withdrawals really hit it sucked big time but even all the feeling like i was going to die was worth every bit of being clean, but that being said it can still be hard months/almost a year out. I remember that I'm trapped in my house feeling from the early days, but I tried meditation, working out, and going to NA meetings and while I do not attend the meetings anymore they helped a lot in the beginning. So good luck on your next few days/weeks early on is not easy but it is really worth it.

SubJumpin is offline New Member

When I quit oxycodone 30s, 2 a day max for maybe 6 months, I WD for 5 days at most. Days 2-3 were the worst. If you are passed day 2 already with minimal symptoms you are one lucky person. WOW i wish i was like that. THNK ABOUT IT, their half life isnt long at all so the drugs would be flushed out already and your wd would hit you in like 24 hrs. GOOD LUCK BUD!!!

dizzynikki is offline New Member

just please remember that you are changing your life. every minute of the day that you used to take pills needs to be replaced. I still think the physical part of WD is hardest, intense part, but the staying off drugs never ends.