Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
Tapering off of Suboxone
    mikeswife200069 is offline New Member

Default Tapering off of Suboxone

Hi all, was just Googling for ways 2 taper off of subs and read quite a few pages of really good info from many ppl w/ great advice on how 2 do it from this site. So I am gonna 2 let you guys know my situation and see what kind of info anyone has 2 give ANYTHING WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! My husband and I started using opiates very heavily on a daily basis in early 2002 we was taking as many as we could get 20+pills a day for me and 40+ for him until Nov 2007 wen we was finally fed up with being sick tired of being sick & tired , doing anything just 2 get enough meds 2 feel r (NORMAL)! We have been on the subs since then but we feel like we traded one drug for another w/o the lying & stealing 2 get it! Now he is 44yrs old and me 34yrs old and we both want more out of life we r not happy where we r stuck at right now which is struggling from paycheck 2 paycheck granted we have WAY MORE than what we did wen we was using the pain pills we actually FINIALLY MOVED out of his moms house and have been on r own since April 2nd 2008 but its still not ENOUGH we got bigger dreams and feel like the suboxone is still holding us bk, I get prescribed 4 8mg film a day but don't take that many I just have insurance 2 cover 90 of my strips I pay cash for the othe 30 and for my monthly dr. appointment I get that many cause my husband don't have any insurance so we share. On most days he takes one & a half sometimes 2 Most days I take 2 but I know I don't really need that many that mind is just telling my body that I do! We r now both VERY DETERMINED to give these up now 2 so any advice for tapering us COMPLETELY OFF OF THIS MIRACLE drug would be great, the only thing that really scares me about it is the anxiety I know my arms & legs will b feeling and my brain telling me I am sick wen I probably am not!! Tks

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there, and welcome. First off, I would highly recommend you copy and paste this into a new thread under the "Suboxone Treatment" forum. You will get more replies that way from people who are currently tapering off subs, like myself. I have been on sub since 2006. My taper started about 6 weeks ago. I am down to 1.32 mg per day now thanks to the taper plan created by Robert_325. Have you read that plan here on the site? It's the plan we all use to taper off subs properly.

Here's the link:

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

The taper plan is modified a little bit to help people like you and me who have been on subs a long time, as it was originally written to guide people who are just starting out on subs. The plan calls for a reduction of no more than 25% every 4 days. But, for long time sub users, it's best to reduce your dose every 6 days or so depending on how you feel. Please read through the whole taper plan. It will answer many questions you have.

So, sounds like you take about 16 mg per day and your hubby takes about 12-16 mg per day, right? Yes, those doses are very high and totally unnecessary. Docs almost always over-prescribe subs. It's ridiculous. Anyway, if you guys are stable on those doses, your first reduction would be 25% - which from 16 mg would be a drop to 12 mg. Once you get completely STABLE there, your next 25% reduction would be to 9 mg per day ... and so on. You can reduce very easily from those high doses. You'll be surprised to find out that you pretty much feel the same on 4 mgs as you felt on 16 mgs. Subs are VERY powerful and most docs don't realize this.

I had to re-induct so to speak, because I was bouncing back and forth between painkillers and subs since 2006. Because of that, I stopped taking subs for 36 hours to detox the Norco out of my system and start with a clean slate. I was able to re-induct at 4 mgs! Can't wait to be done with this.

There are so many wonderful people here who will support and guide you through your taper. Read the link I gave you and post afterward. Also, like I said, please copy your thread to the Suboxone Treatment forum.

You can do this!
    -Katherine
    alexnt likes this.

mikeswife200069 is offline New Member

Tks for the reply & information I did redo my thread and I think I put it where u said lol. My husband and I started r tapering 2day we took 4mg's in the a.m and 4mg's in the afternoon noon and so far so good lol