Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By surfdog
Surfdog
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default Surfdog

Hi Buddy .... just wanted you to know that I tried to work with your son. He showed up almost a week after he got his subs, of course you were out of town and he didn't allow me to induct him, then got mad at me when I called him on not being straight with me like you and I had talked about.

He told me you told him to just start taking them "AS NEEDED" which I know is a crock! Just wanted to you know I tried but he wasn't ready yet for someone like me to work with him. He has to do it my way for me to help him and he wouldn't do it. Sorry I let you down.

I pray that he is doing well, we both know addicts are volatile, I still wish the best for him. I hate so badly to see young people struggling for their life. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

surfdog ..... I was hoping to hear how your son is doing! Just concerned, let me know what's happening when you see this if you would. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

klynvegas is offline New Member

Robert325....

Ive read all the wonderful things about you helping people with the suboxone thing. I am supposed to start tomm. I am coming off of about .4 grams of >>>>>> a da (smoking). Please help me!! I want to do this right I dont wanna switch one drug for another but I have to raise a little boy and work I have no time to " lay around and detox". ZThis is my 6th time detoxing but my first with suboxone. in other words I know its not going to be rainbows and candy. i currently have been perscrbed the 8mg/2mg strips (whatever that means). I will be looking for your response. By the way sorry to jump on smeone elses thread but i didnt know how else to reach you. I am also very new to these forums. pleeease help me.
    Thank you,
    klynvegas
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-04-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klynvegas View Post
    Robert325....

Ive read all the wonderful things about you helping people with the suboxone thing. I am supposed to start tomm. I am coming off of about .4 grams of >>>>>> a da (smoking). Please help me!! I want to do this right I dont wanna switch one drug for another but I have to raise a little boy and work I have no time to " lay around and detox". ZThis is my 6th time detoxing but my first with suboxone. in other words I know its not going to be rainbows and candy. i currently have been perscrbed the 8mg/2mg strips (whatever that means). I will be looking for your response. By the way sorry to jump on smeone elses thread but i didnt know how else to reach you. I am also very new to these forums. pleeease help me.
    Thank you,
    klynvegas (a desperate to get off of this ???? mommy)

I missed your post as this is someone else's thread. Did you start the subs? Tell me what's happened so far. God bless.

GiGiLee58 is offline Junior Member

I am new here, have been reading these posts, still having a hard time how to follow by the current dates... I am posting to you Robert as your name seems to be one of the most consistant, but all have inspired me and I have , as of yesterday, started my journey to kick vics. Dont know if i should taper, or CT. Any advice? I don't know how to read the rx, all I know is I take ( have been to now) up to 20 ( 10/500) per day, now I've tapered to 12 per day, and like I said just starting. I have both shoulders that one day will need complete replacement, but I have had it with the vics, I hate the anticipation, the counting, and to be honest, I think I take them more just because I'm so use to it now. at the moment I feel ok..... Not sick, just tired all the time, I want OFF !! Help?

I am new here, have been reading these posts, still having a hard time how to follow by the current dates... I am posting to you Robert and surfdog.... as your name seems to be one of the most consistant, but all have inspired me and I have , as of yesterday, started my journey to kick vics. Dont know if i should taper, or CT. Any advice? I don't know how to read the rx, all I know is I take ( have been to now) up to 20 ( 10/500) per day, now I've tapered to 12 per day, and like I said just starting. I have both shoulders that one day will need complete replacement, but I have had it with the vics, I hate the anticipation, the counting, and to be honest, I think I take them more just because I'm so use to it now. at the moment I feel ok..... Not sick, just tired all the time, I want OFF !! Help?

Default Help Please,, Desperate to quit vics

I am new here, have been reading these posts, still having a hard time how to follow by the current dates... I am posting to you Robert and Surfdog, Melinda... oh just everyone.... as your names seem to be one of the most consistant, but all have inspired me and I have , as of yesterday, started my journey to kick vics. Dont know if i should taper, or CT.( have begun to taper) Any advice? I don't know how to read the rx, all I know is I take ( have been to now) up to 20 ( 10/500) per day, now I've tapered to 12 per day, and like I said just starting. I have both shoulders that one day will need complete replacement, but I have had it with the vics, I hate the anticipation, the counting, the NEED, and to be honest, I think I take them more just because I'm so use to it now. At the moment I feel ok..... Not sick, just tired all the time, I want OFF !! Help?

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Hi Buddy .... just wanted you to know that I tried to work with your son. He showed up almost a week after he got his subs, of course you were out of town and he didn't allow me to induct him, then got mad at me when I called him on not being straight with me like you and I had talked about.

He told me you told him to just start taking them "AS NEEDED" which I know is a crock! Just wanted to you know I tried but he wasn't ready yet for someone like me to work with him. He has to do it my way for me to help him and he wouldn't do it. Sorry I let you down.

I pray that he is doing well, we both know addicts are volatile, I still wish the best for him. I hate so badly to see young people struggling for their life. God bless.
    He Robert, You did not let me down my friend. We both know how addicts are. 26 and the smartest person in the with world an ego too match.lol He is using your plan dropping by 25% every 4 days using . Down to 1/4 film at this point and due to drop again Friday. The right impression was made,. I don't think I ever worked with anyone that didn't get mad, it is if they come back after that which tells the tale of being serious. Hell Robert I wasn't ready to start with and no amount of talk could make a difference. He doesn't post but reads your thread. He hasn't learned yet that crow doesn't taste good but good but nobody has ever choked on it. Word of wisdom from my first sponsor . was hard to accept at that time.
    But please believe me you did not let me down I thank you for effort. God Bless Surfdog ( forgive the typos, bad day here)

Surfdog .... so glad he's doing well. You know that I tried to do my best, but had to let him learn what was best for him in his own time. I'm just really happy it's all working out so well. I really tried to help him as best I could. Of course, I know that you know that. Take care buddy and tell your son I'm still here, no hard feelings, and I am available for him at any time. God bless.

Welcome G, Sorry I didn't answer until now, rough day yesterday. Which do you want to do? Usually we detoxed cold turkey but that was in a medical setting.If you go ct you can expect about a week of wd like a bad case of the flu.Robert Cheeky and Azul know more about tapers than I do . If you taper I would drop two pills every other day. Ct use the Thomas recipe,protein shakes. Robert and Cheeky will be back on I'm sure and correct any misinformation I have given you. Attitude plays a big role here glad to hear you want to get off. Tou will find that once off the opiates the pain is not nearly as severe as you thought. The opiates really mess withe nuerotransmitters and it takes a while for the brain to heal. AA?NA meetings are a big plus that is your support system and you con't have to say you are an addict. Ct is the only way I did it, rough for about 3-4 days then gets better. Exercise as much as you can even if it just short walks, hot showers or baths.
    Check with the others prior to using what I have said . God Bless and Good luck Surfdog

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Surfdog .... so glad he's doing well. You know that I tried to do my best, but had to let him learn what was best for him in his own time. I'm just really happy it's all working out so well. I really tried to help him as best I could. Of course, I know that you know that. Take care buddy and tell your son I'm still here, no hard feelings, and I am available for him at any time. God bless.
    Thanks my fried I know you did your best and we both know what happens when one of us gets called on our stuff. "How dare you imply I was not telling the truth" even though we are lying through our teeth. lol You know we do lie for recreation at times! I was too close and had to separate myself and leave it to him . Going OK now will pass this on to him and see what happens, good kid just hard headed. Can't imagine where he gets it from. LOL Thanks for being there my friend God Bless Surfdog
    Last edited by surfdog; 05-29-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Hi folks feeling a bit better they adjusted meds to day said that should help, with the headaches and low energy was actually hungry today.
    Thanks to all of you for the care and support means the world to me Dog
    Robert_325 likes this.