Suboxone Question & A new Alternate Way of Quiting!
    CutCat21 is offline New Member

Lightbulb Suboxone Question & A new Alternate Way of Quiting!

Intitial Start Rear ended in car accident
    Step 2 Prescribed vicodin for a year
    Step 3 Stopped getting RX
    Step 4 Moved to Oxy Contin 80s/occasional Opana 1-1.5yrs on n off
    Step 5 Suboxone 1 year.

Im sick of the bs life having to rely on subs and not enjoy my life working out going to work and spending time with my wifey and daughter....sick to death of this. So i convinced myself its time to enjoy my summer and quit! I remember back when i was going back n forth between subs/oxys bc i was buying them all on the street and tookwhat i could get without having to deal with WD symptoms at work! So here i am after 1 str8 year of sub treatment and ready to quit....and cold turkey at that!

12mg a day sometimes 16mg.....i stop cold turkey i wait 48 hours and WD starts...i blow a bit of Opium just enough to make me feel normal...maybe a tit past that. then i was til next moringand take an 8mg sub.....i have been experiencing like to almost none of the WD symptoms and im 8 dayes in...9 tommorow morning and willnot give up! i will beat this. Just thought it was interesting that the worst of WD in this scenario was day 7 and day 8....SO FAR :P something about what i said above really confuses / changes body so that you really dont need much of either and decreases the wd symptons enough that you can tolerate work ...its worst when lying down or doing nothing...busy hands = busy jminds as you will learn in rehab WARNING WARNING WARNING! going back and forth between these two substances is bad for your heart....im a a body builder and am in gr8 shape so i figure i could withstand the stress put on my heart! this may be dangerous for many people so you have to decide for yourself on a few variables...health...and experience with hopping back n forth..... im day 9 in lik 6 hours.... i cant wait til day 14 and i can start really body building again! i need my life back...my daughter needs her daddy back! plz give me any advice on how to get thru this and stay positive...i mean how long can these symptoms really last...cant be mroe than 14 days...thats just rediculous...i heard its usually 10-14 days before your about 90% better...im at like 60% now and started at about a lil better bc it got worse on days 7 n 8.....any thoughts? experiences? suggestions? i think its a neat trick...... tell me what u think ....and how can i down these symptoms so i can sleep better. i have trazadone and a few clonzapems so i take those litely but dont really help much! i will say that blood pressure meds like lisiniprol 20 to 30 MG a day works wonders! hopoe to hear from you guys soon! i have nobody to talk to ! thanks and stay strong people!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-26-2012 at 01:19 AM.

NoMoreOxy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CutCat21 View Post
    Intitial Start Rear ended in car accident
    Step 2 Prescribed vicodin for a year
    Step 3 Stopped getting RX
    Step 4 Moved to Oxy Contin 80s/occasional Opana 1-1.5yrs on n off
    Step 5 Suboxone 1 year.

Im sick of the bs life having to rely on subs and not enjoy my life working out going to work and spending time with my wifey and daughter....sick to death of this. So i convinced myself its time to enjoy my summer and quit! I remember back when i was going back n forth between subs/oxys bc i was buying them all on the street and tookwhat i could get without having to deal with WD symptoms at work! So here i am after 1 str8 year of sub treatment and ready to quit....and cold turkey at that!

12mg a day sometimes 16mg.....i stop cold turkey i wait 48 hours and WD starts...i blow a bit of Opium just enough to make me feel normal...maybe a tit past that. then i was til next moringand take an 8mg sub.....i have been experiencing like to almost none of the WD symptoms and im 8 dayes in...9 tommorow morning and willnot give up! i will beat this. Just thought it was interesting that the worst of WD in this scenario was day 7 and day 8....SO FAR :P something about what i said above really confuses / changes body so that you really dont need much of either and decreases the wd symptons enough that you can tolerate work ...its worst when lying down or doing nothing...busy hands = busy jminds as you will learn in rehab WARNING WARNING WARNING! going back and forth between these two substances is bad for your heart....im a a body builder and am in gr8 shape so i figure i could withstand the stress put on my heart! this may be dangerous for many people so you have to decide for yourself on a few variables...health...and experience with hopping back n forth..... im day 9 in lik 6 hours.... i cant wait til day 14 and i can start really body building again! i need my life back...my daughter needs her daddy back! plz give me any advice on how to get thru this and stay positive...i mean how long can these symptoms really last...cant be mroe than 14 days...thats just rediculous...i heard its usually 10-14 days before your about 90% better...im at like 60% now and started at about a lil better bc it got worse on days 7 n 8.....any thoughts? experiences? suggestions? i think its a neat trick...... tell me what u think ....and how can i down these symptoms so i can sleep better. i have trazadone and a few clonzapems so i take those litely but dont really help much! i will say that blood pressure meds like lisiniprol 20 to 30 MG a day works wonders! hopoe to hear from you guys soon! i have nobody to talk to ! thanks and stay strong people!
    Hello CC. I

'm no expert as I've never taken Suboxone before, however from what I've read posted by Robert_325 (the resident Sub expert) 16, 12, and 8mg doses of Suboxone are pretty high. With the incredibly long half-life you will not feel the WDs yet even at 8mg (still a high dose of Sub).

If you really want to get clean, I would suggest doing a search on posts by Robert_325 to familiarize yourself with his approach. Many people owe their lives to him on this board.

Good luck to you!

NMO

Robert_325 is offline Retired

CutCat ....... Not trying to tell you what to do, but there is NO WAY that I would EVER tell anyone to do what you've described. Taking 8-16mg or more of sub, then following that up with "a blow of opium" is not getting clean. You are just using different opiates day to day as subs are opiates too. Again, not judging you, I'm just saying this seems totally counter-productive to me.

We've used a standard protocol for tapering off subs here for years successfully. And the dose of sub you are taking is 2-3 times as much as what I induct people on with BAD opiate problems, even >>>>>>, methadone, etc. Here is a link to that process I'm referring to. You'll get lots of support here if you try to do this the proper way. I can't advise you doing what you're doing. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-26-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default what i meant...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    CutCat ....... Not trying to tell you what to do, but there is NO WAY that I would EVER tell anyone to do what you've described. Taking 8-16mg or more of sub, then following that up with "a blow of opium" is not getting clean. You are just using different opiates day to day as subs are opiates too. Again, not judging you, I'm just saying this seems totally counter-productive to me.

We've used a standard protocol for tapering off subs here for years successfully. And the dose of sub you are taking is 2-3 times as much as what I induct people on with BAD opiate problems, even >>>>>>, methadone, etc. Here is a link to that process I'm referring to. You'll get lots of support here if you try to do this the proper way. I can't advise you doing what you're doing. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Through my scaveging for stuff to avoid WD for work in past i realized how this really changed WD....i am on day 10 CLEAN! ty verymuch but still got like 25% of the total withdrawl strength hitting me max...i coul dgo to do work or even work out...not happily but sure... today iss day ten...i wonder if the hard WD will come...ive been eating 10 pills a day (vitamins omega 3s creatine fish liver oil milk thistle Noxides etc plus protien shakes) (was body builder stil am) but wondering how long this is gonna last! not recomending this to anyon just sayig ive been ten days and nobody cna see im in withdrawl bc its such weak symptoms...maybe my mind/chemistry was tricked? hopefuly days 11-14 will be the last of the bs! im goin to go check out your program now...however do u think i should evenn bother being 10 days in with nothing in my system?

Quote Originally Posted by CutCat21 View Post
    Through my scaveging for stuff to avoid WD for work in past i realized how this really changed WD....i am on day 10 CLEAN! ty verymuch but still got like 25% of the total withdrawl strength hitting me max...i coul dgo to do work or even work out...not happily but sure... today iss day ten...i wonder if the hard WD will come...ive been eating 10 pills a day (vitamins omega 3s creatine fish liver oil milk thistle Noxides etc plus protien shakes) (was body builder stil am) but wondering how long this is gonna last! not recomending this to anyon just sayig ive been ten days and nobody cna see im in withdrawl bc its such weak symptoms...maybe my mind/chemistry was tricked? hopefuly days 11-14 will be the last of the bs! im goin to go check out your program now...however do u think i should evenn bother being 10 days in with nothing in my system?
    OH AND PS! i have done a taper program 1 year ago...got down to 1m or just under like about .5 or something...so as i did that for 2 weeks... QUIT.... BOOM! full blown WD like it was 8mg a day...wtf is up w/ that? mental? idk but did that 2x coudlnt trick it...sohense my above comments.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

We deal with the masses here. What may have worked for ONE person isn't the answer for everyone else. I've seen people do lots of weird things to get clean. If it worked for them fine, but still can't tell others to do it because ONE person was successful.

Doing opium while taking subs, and going back and forth, goes against everything I believe in, I could never endorse that kind of action. That is absolutely addict behavior. You have just been lucky. Nothing that makes sense leads one to see any logic in what you've done. I suggest NO ONE do what you've done even though you've had some success. I would be interested to see if you're clean in a year from now. Hope you are but the odds are you won't be sorry to say. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-27-2012 at 01:27 PM.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

I'm very glad that worked for you, but that is not sound advice to be giving out. Using opium is a relapse behavior and is not "getting clean". Again I am glad it worked for you, don't reccomend it for anyone else please.