Suboxone Issues
    UmbrellaCorporation is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Issues

I have been on suboxone for almost a year with no slip ups or backslides.
    The thing is, lately the majority of the time it makes me feel worse than it does better.

When i first started taking it, it worked great for about a month.. then it stopped working so well.
    When this happened i thought it might help if i held the medicine in my mouth longer after it had dissolved.
    I held it in my mouth for 45 minutes. It worked absolutely perfect for about 5 or 6 months. I was doing GREAT.
    Working, going out with friends, no cravings. I was living the most normal life that i had lived in a long while.

Anyways, recently it stopped working.. almost completely. So i went up to holding it in my mouth for an hour and a
    half and this has seemed to help.. but not much. Its almost as if its not working at all. Im sure that my body is use to
    it now and it just isn't helping. Has this happened to anyone else? Since it's not doing much ive been wanting to start
    tapering off.. but ive been scared. I dont want to back slide and i have VERY easy access to free narcotics.

I've heard from some people that the withdrawal is bad, and some that it isnt. The main thing
    im worried about is the motivation. Im afraid if i get off it i wont have any motivation. Any suggestions or experiences that you guys can help me with? I am on 8mg/2mg tablet and have been the entire time.

Should i just take the plunge and start weening off?

(also the only other medication i am on is alprazolam for anxiety. I take 2mg per day.) - My doctor knows and says its fine, just wanted to post that.

Thank you all in advance.

mistaclean is offline New Member

how much do you take a day? this is my day 15 off of suboxone, im doing pretty good, but the first 9 days are hard, except maybe the first 2 days or so.

UmbrellaCorporation is offline New Member

8mg/2mg (1 tablet) supposed to go to half a tablet for a month then a quarter for a month, then none

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Under featured drugs you'll find Robert's taper plan for subs. You may have to modify somewhat based on your use history, but it has worked for many people.

Peace,

Iloerose