Suboxone, How Long After "Breaking Through Barrier" Should Take Next Dose?
    streetvan1997 is offline Junior Member

Default Suboxone, How Long After "Breaking Through Barrier" Should Take Next Dose?

Been on Sub for 6.5 years, decided to try to "break through", got 4 30 mg roxy. , I waited 24 hours after last sub dose, and I def felt it but not as much as I used to, as we all know how long the Bup stays locked onto those receptors. It was not worth it at all. So the last one I took was last night @ about 9:30pm, Im wondering how long I should wait to take another sub. Im pretty knowledgable about this stuff. I like to think more than the avg addict too just because of how much reading up Ive done on everything that has to do with opiates and suboxone. So I know the school of thought is wait until your withdrawals are as bad as they can be and you cant take it anymore and then take the Sub. My friends who " Break Through" All the time say just wait until you feel any withdrawals, (runny nose, hot and cold flashes, act), which im feeling right now. and say they take it the next day not even close to 24 hours. but I think they are reckless with how they go about things. SO I dont know what to do. Im def not feeling good. its been 19 hours. I mean I know your supposed to take like 2 mg's and see if it makes you feel better or worse then take more or none accordingly.

Anyone have some good past experiences with a lot of trial and error and can give me some good advice. I mean so many people have 5 different thoughts on everything when it comes to these things.

SInce im not feeling well information ASAP would be great.

numbOne is offline Member

Streetvan,

Sorry to so on one posted back anything to you. I am wondering how you made out?

My experience has always been to wait about 24-27 hours before taking the sub if you have opiates in your system. You really are supposed to monitor your symptoms via the COWS worksheet and score 26.

I undersatnd the recklessness of others - let them go thru the misery of precip withdrawals. I know waiting it out is tough, but it's one of things where the wait is worth it's weight in gold.

So are you planning on tapering down?

I didnt know what to do yesterday, and figured since it had been once day since I had taken suboxone that maybe trying a opiate pill might actually work better than the day before because of less suboxone blocking.

Hearing 24 hours does not make me feel good. I actually used to say the same thing, wait 24 hours from last dose to take anything, then wait another 24 hours after dose of opiate pill to take suboxone. I did about 60-70 mg's of oxymorphone, most around 11 pm last night, but last dose of 10 mg's at like 3 am. I def feel slight hot and cold flashes, and sweaty. I really regret doing anything, and getting off course. I really really regret it. I thought i was done ever having to go through WD's. except when cutting back my suboxone, which ive tried 3 times, all three as hard as i can over months period but i couldnt stop taking the last little bit. I really wish I never stayed on suboxone. but its possible i would of used in that first year and messed up. Im really lost right now, I have underlying mental issues, and my treatment i get isnt cutting it and making life very hard to deal with, so anyone who has serious clinical depression can understand how you cant deal with it anymore and search out any relief.

So anyways, Not sure what you mean about tapering down, tapering down from the suboxone? Right now im at a lower level then im prescribed, but i dont plan on getting too low because each time i do i end up searching out for something else to make me feel better.

MY friend who is on sub and messes with breaking through a lot, says you dont have to wait nearly 24 hours and says " THose things only last 6 hours", meaning the oxymorphone. But its beyond how long they last of course. and again most docs will say take it when you start having withdrawals. I def feel like I am, but is that just feeling like >>>> from partying with these medications? I dont know, I have mental issues and messing with my brain chemistry like this is just stupid. Especially i have something to go out of town in a few days to do and want to be as level headed as can be. Im really kicking myself in the ass.

So update, 10:15 pm, I took a .5 mg tiny triangle of a suboxone to test the waters to see if it made me feel better or worse, I didnt really feel any difference, so I took another .5 mg's. Then no difference, then I took a 1 milligram cube, so 2 mg's total and started to feel better so then I took my time over the past hours taking a little bit here and there and feel great again. It kinda scares me how good it felt taking an opiate, and how little time went by and then could take a suboxone and not be sick. But I really really am not in a financial situation to spend any money on anything. Last night I gave someone a ride, pitched in $20 and got a lot for my money, like I said 70 Mg's of Opana. 3 10's, and a 40. Never done them before, used to have a bad oxy habit. would do up to 1200 mg's of it a day snorting. These opana's taken a different way def are a different feeling that I havent felt in a while. I dont like that I tried them. It makes me nervous about the dumb things i could do , but again, like when i lost my script to Oxycontin, which was 4 80's a day, when they were the good green monsters and not these new tamper proof ones i hear about, but after i lost that script i quit, i quit then lost the script actually, admitting addiction. My friend says he does it like once a month to blow of steam, and if its my only access to it, which it is, maybe doing it once a month would be ok, but giving the ride, trading a few of my klonopin and helping out with a few other things got me a lot of that stuff for almost nothing. a high that intense for only $20 would be horrible if I could have access to it daily. SO glad i dont. It messes with my mental issues though when i come down off drugs like say this, or the very rare Ecstasy usage. So it usually keeps me away from going back to doing them.

Hopefully I stay strong. I think I will. Two days without suboxone i spent most of the 48 hours feeling like >>>>, and like when i used a small portion feeling really good. I rather feel the same and stable.

numbOne is offline Member

Streetvan,

Yes i meant tapering down from the subs. Subs is not a lifelong drug to use. I guess it's better if you have no other choice and youi can't stop yourself from using H or more abused opiates, but generally speaking it is best to use it for short periods of time to help detox from other drugs.

I don't know any addicts that can use one a month. Eventually that feeling good thing is going to get more and more powerful in your mind and you will find those intervals shortening.

Post back more info about yourself and what you want to do and myself or others will try to offer what help is available.