Sub question for Robert/anyone
    outtasight is offline New Member

Default Sub question for Robert/anyone

My pm dr. prescribed me norcos about a year ago. I take no more than 3 pills a day. I am ready to stop since they don't seem to work and don't want to keep increasing my dose.

Here's my question: About 4 months ago the Dr. prescribed me 4 10 mcg per hour butran patches (buprenorphine). I hated them. Made me feel horrible. I tried them 4 times a month apart and only wore them for about a day before I ripped then off because if the side effects. So I wore a patch for 24 hours, took it off, then tried it again a month later. Repeate. So, I took .25 Mg (240 mcg) on 4 different days,30 days apart. Over 4 months a total of 1mg

The last day tried it was over a month ago. Will I experience any sub wds in addition to my norco wds? I an really scared the limited use if the butran patches made things worse?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

You won't be bothered by those patches but don't go on subs to get clean from the norcos at the level of use you've experienced. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

outtasight is offline New Member

It's so nice of you to respond so quickly. Thanks! The Dr gave me the patches to use with the norcos....piety irritated long after the fact after doing research and finding it they are subs and what subs are used for. Needless to say, I canceled my Dr. apt and will never see a pm dr. again. CT here I come. I am so glad I didn't use the patches for more than a day

Bls74 is offline New Member

Default Robert_325 new to website/suboxone just trying to set up a plan!

Robert, I would be very grateful for some advice from someone who is actually knowledgable on the subject. I have been on blues daily for about 2 years with the last few months being about 75 mgs daily. I decided I'm done and have gotten started on suboxone. I went to a doc and got the script.. She wants me to take an 8 mg in the am and another in the pm.. I knew it sounded like too much and after spending a few hours on this forum I'm convinced my gut feeling was right.. But the information I think you need to help me- I started last Thursday (4/19/12) I took 8 mg at the doc around 4 and then another half around 10pm. The next morning I took 8 mg in the am then 4 in the evening. For the past few days I've been doing a small half so 3.5 mgs or so in the am then another sliver probably 2 mg in the pm. I want to start tapering as soon as possible.. Tapering with the blues was the closest I got to being clean.. These past 6 days are the longest I've gone without any in 3 years.. I read your post a few times on the process however I'm unsure where to start or go since I've already had almost a week on a higher dose then you say to start. Thank you so much for your time.. It's hard to find people that are well educated on the drug... Including doctors.

shaver739 is offline New Member

I'm a long time prescription abuser. My doc put me on Suboxone. I was taking 8 mg under my tongue twice a day for 8 months. My doc never tapered my down, almost cold turkey. For the love of God, please taper youself well and long enough. I withdrawled from suboxone for 35 straight days. I really thought I was going to die. I from time to time struggle with pain pills, xanex or anything I could get my hands on. Suboxone is a worse withdrawl drug there is. I would have felt better and got over the severe withdrawls comeing of staight off >>>>>>. Also, try to pray to God. He delivered me, I know He will and can do it for you too. Good luck.

Firsttimesub is offline New Member

I am about to start Subs tomorrow I have been on pain killers for 7 yrs now. I take about 3- 80 mg OC a day or up to 10-15 30mg Roxie's a day what should I start off with as my first dose of Suboxone I don't want to be on this forever I just don't want to go cold turkey. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ,,,,

nomo momo is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firsttimesub View Post
    I am about to start Subs tomorrow I have been on pain killers for 7 yrs now. I take about 3- 80 mg OC a day or up to 10-15 30mg Roxie's a day what should I start off with as my first dose of Suboxone I don't want to be on this forever I just don't want to go cold turkey. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ,,,,

start by reading this: http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

for the induction to be completed in the most successful way you need to be in moderate withdrawal, 26 on COWS scale recommended - http://www.naabt.org/documents/COWS_...flow_sheet.pdf

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Firsttimesub please read the stickies regarding Robert's induction plan. You have an opporunity to do this a great way, take advantage of it. Sub is a powerful drug and you'll need less than a 1/4 of the dose most Doctor's are willing to give you. I wish you much luck. Are you in w/d? You need to be in mild to moderate w/d for Sub to be effective or you will feel worse after taking it.

Shaver I understand your situation was uncomfortable but please keep in mind you quit a heavy dose cold turkey. Sub experiences don't have to be like that. It's a great drug when used correctly. The reason you experienced the discomfort you did is your dose was way too high.