• 1 Post By fedupnow
  • 1 Post By DDAVE45
  • 3 Post By sjan17
  • 1 Post By DDAVE45
Struggling with tapering down from 2mgs
    sjan17 is offline Member

Default Struggling with tapering down from 2mgs

DDave45 and Robert_325 and everyone else trying to taper down,

DDave45, thank you for the detail you provided on the way you tapered - it was very helpful (seee below for those interested). My body is just not ready I don't think. I tried just a 15% taper from 2mgs this weekend and it's hard...my biggest wd is sweating and my left eye just starts twitching like crazy and of course that ?????? wd overall feeling. About 15 mintues after the 1st dose of sub (1mg), it goes away. I am just doing this too fast I've come to realize. I am stable at 2mgs, but WHEN do you know you can get through the tapered dosage without stuggling so bad? Again, I started on Jan. 17th and after 2 days went to 2mgs and have been here since approx 2 weeks. Feb 17 will be only 1 mo. on subs. My doc didn't know how to do the induction...mine was not done right at all, just don't want to go backwards..Now, DDave45, you said you had trouble sleeping (your wd) did you not ever sweat? anyway, you suffered through it so maybe I need to as well. I'm confused...should I just stay on 2mgs for awhile longer or keep doing a slow taper and if I struggle, just struggle through it and keep going??? Could it be that if I don't struggle through and force myself to slowly taper, I never will. Is having wd and discomfort all part of the taper? I hope I'm not sounding like some idiot! It's really hard to go through the wd at work...I can just feel the sweats coming on...and I'm just wiping away, so embarrassing. Robert, Dave, anyone who's trying to come down from 2mg's, please help. I'm so afraid I'm gonna get stuck here.

from DDAVE45:
    SJAN17.....i was at 2 mgs for awhile....i would say like 2 months. I was taking subs for almost 3 years, so it has taken me a long time to get off. I wasnt trying to get off though either...just this past year i decided i didnt want to keep taking this stuff and i found this forumn. Once i started weaning i took the 2 mg strip....cut it in half ..cut one of the 1mg in half (.5 and .5) take one of the .5 and cut that into 4 equal strips so i had four .125 strips. I used a razor to be as accurate as possible. Once i had those small pieces i was reducing myself by .125 or sometimes .1875. And there were nites that i weaned down and couldnt sleep but after a day or two i was stabalized and was fine again. Once i got down to 1 mg. i used that same process but went a lot slower....i wasnt dropping every week....it was more like every 3 weeks or so. I remember a few months ago i tried dropping from .5 to .25 and couldnt sleep or sit still, my legs would ache and i couldnt get comfortable....so just becareful not to drop by more that 25%.......hope that was detailed enough for ya any other questions feel free to ask
    Suboxowned likes this.

Suboxowned is offline Member

SJ, I am weening off of Suboxone. I'm on my first day at 3mgs. I noticed a little more irritability this evening but other than that...the same. This could all change by Wednesday tho. I'm glad you posted DDave's taper. I love to read all of the success stories of Suboxone tapers, its just hard to find them all. Good luck on your descent! Every time I have a little more stress than usual, that is when I would take an extra dose of Sub. Now when I feel that urge to grab another sub, I just thing to myself of how long it has taken to get down this far---why would I want to start over?? Its a good feeling to be in control of that effing prescription bottle instead of it controlling me!!
    Have a good one.
    DDAVE45 likes this.

fedupnow is offline Member

sjan17

Just wanted to jump in and let you know how I deal with it, hope this helps..

Each time I do the 25% taper, the first day I feel pretty good, maybe some slight discomfort. The second day i start getting anxious and a bit uncomfortable, I split my dose into 2 equal doses spread about 10-12hrs apart and I notice about 6-7hrs after my first dose i do get minor withdrawal but nothing crazy.. Day 3 is usually the worst, when i dose i feel better but still a bit anxious, legs achy, sweats at times, a little bit of stress or depression, emotions wacky, etc... 6-7 hours later it progresses a bit but I'm still able to push thru to that 10-12 hr mark for my next dose.. I'll take some melatonin to help me sleep that night too.. I do lose a little bit of sleep during my taper..

By day 4 I start to feel much better again and very minor symptoms about 8-10hrs after my morning dose.. I notice by day 5 I'm usually completely stable again

It is normal to get some minor withdrawal during your 3-4 day taper but it shouldn't be nothing you can't handle.. When I first started tapering and felt minor withdrawal it scared me because i thought oh C??p here it comes and it's gonna get worse! It never once ever felt like a stronger opiate detox.. Just really annoying symptoms that linger and stress because of thinking about it..

You would now taper to 1.5mgs or even do less then 25% and go to 1.75mg.. after 4 days you will be fine again. You may get uncomfortable but remember that you are tapering and obviously not going to be stable until the half life catches up.. Keep your goal in mind. This is so do-able but not pain free.. There will be a bit of ups and downs but you will be stable again!

I find keeping myself busy helps a lot! You can check out my thread and I tried to update a lot of my progress.. Listen to your body and if you feel like your in major detox then yes taper slower.. If minor, push on, you will get better..
    Last edited by fedupnow; 02-06-2012 at 11:21 PM.

sjan17 is offline Member

Default fedupnow....thank you for sharing....I

Quote Originally Posted by fedupnow View Post
    sjan17

Just wanted to jump in and let you know how I deal with it, hope this helps..

Each time I do the 25% taper, the first day I feel pretty good, maybe some slight discomfort. The second day i start getting anxious and a bit uncomfortable, I split my dose into 2 equal doses spread about 10-12hrs apart and I notice about 6-7hrs after my first dose i do get minor withdrawal but nothing crazy.. Day 3 is usually the worst, when i dose i feel better but still a bit anxious, legs achy, sweats at times, a little bit of stress or depression, emotions wacky, etc... 6-7 hours later it progresses a bit but I'm still able to push thru to that 10-12 hr mark for my next dose.. I'll take some melatonin to help me sleep that night too.. I do lose a little bit of sleep during my taper..

By day 4 I start to feel much better again and very minor symptoms about 8-10hrs after my morning dose.. I notice by day 5 I'm usually completely stable again

It is normal to get some minor withdrawal during your 3-4 day taper but it shouldn't be nothing you can't handle.. When I first started tapering and felt minor withdrawal it scared me because i thought oh C??p here it comes and it's gonna get worse! It never once ever felt like a stronger opiate detox.. Just really annoying symptoms that linger and stress because of thinking about it..

You would now taper to 1.5mgs or even do less then 25% and go to 1.75mg.. after 4 days you will be fine again. You may get uncomfortable but remember that you are tapering and obviously not going to be stable until the half life catches up.. Keep your goal in mind. This is so do-able but not pain free.. There will be a bit of ups and downs but you will be stable again!

I find keeping myself busy helps a lot! You can check out my thread and I tried to update a lot of my progress.. Listen to your body and if you feel like your in major detox then yes taper slower.. If minor, push on, you will get better..
    Fedupnow,
    Hit the return hit too soon....I'm going for it! Thanks for posting...it helps to know what others are going through when tapering. I want to beat this sooooooo bad and be sub free. I got on this to make it easier for me to get off opiates, but I guess it's not really ever going to be easy...don't know what I was thinking...Anyway, it is just the way you described it, there is some discomfort but nothing I don't think I can handle. I just wasn't too sure how this stuff is suppose to work, wasn't sure it my wd was a sign to wait, the body's not ready, but I don't think that is the case from what you shared. I'm going to push through this. Are you sub free now...I forget if you were one of ones that made it to where we would all like to be? Again, thanks for sharing ...it's giving me the strength. I think knowing that I WILL have some discomfort and to expect is normal so here it goes, will cut the 2 - 1mgs down a bit for the next 4-5 days. I'll post again to let you know. I'll be looking for your reply to see where you are in the process tonight.

girl80902 is offline Member

Default Heak Freakin Yeah...7 days clean!

Now for the love of Pete, if I could only sleep tonight it would be a bleesing! Supplements and vitamins are the key for setting yourself up for an easier physical WB time! Still have no idea how to combat the mental issues tho, without perscription meds anyway...but I keep drinking my Chamomile/green tea by the soup bowls and pray I don't gain water weight.....hmmm could be why my mind won't stop racing at night, so I can sleep....stupid female complexes! Anyway, I'm off for a day of keeping freedom free, so we can all be a support to one another as we all continue on with our trials of everyday life.....large or small as they may be at least you are free to make your own choice as how to deal with them!

Luv to all.....practice will make perfect.....if you remember that perfect is how you preceive it. I'm not perfect but i'm perfect for someone.

Hey sjan17, No I haven't made it through to the other side yet. I'm still on 0.75mg for another day then will drop again to 0.50mg for 5 days. I'm getting very close and I hope to me making the jump within a few weeks.. I only started tapering about 3-4 weeks ago and came down from 6mg.. I've been on sub's for about 10 months now..

My thread is in the suboxone treatment section and Robert is a Huge help guiding me thru..

My thread is called feeling my jump off soon, need a bit of guidance... your free to jump in and follow it, there is a lot of good info there from Robert too..

Hope everything works out for you. it can be trying at times but just take comfort in knowing that after a few days you will feel fine again
    Robert_325 likes this.

I just noticed you had another thread going too.. Follow Roberts advice, this man knows his stuff..

If your taking 2 doses, make sure you split them into 2 equal doses and try and take them around the same time each day, this way your body has a constant supply of sub's.. this should make things a little better..

Don't do 1mg in am then .50mg in pm...

You would go 0.75mg am then your next will be 0.75mg again for a total of 1.5mg..

If you have the pills, you will have to cut them down, use a single edge razor and you will be fine.. I crush them then split it up by eye and put it on a creased card, then under your tongue for 10-15min..
    Last edited by fedupnow; 02-07-2012 at 08:04 AM.

DDAVE45 is offline Member

sjan17....ur welcome anything i can do to help just let me know......i think your over stressing yourself out about this....take it one day at a time and dont let the subs control you. You control how much you take and i understand that ur body doesnt always agree, but if you just get over those couple of days of feeling like ????....then you'll be 1 step closer to being done with these subs. i did sweat and had trouble sleeping so i dont want you to get the wrong idea and think that it was a walk in the park for me ...cause it wasnt. but once i got myself on a structured and consistant tapering plan it was very easy for me. Im 9 days now with no subs and feel great, have slept fine and had no w/d. Another thing i never mentioned was that i was exercising a lot....i was always running and workout quite a bit. Maybe try going for a run after work or even just walking at first. Exercising will release natural endorphins that will make this a lot easier. Im sure you've heard that b4, but im telling you that it really does work and will make this a lot easier on you.
    Robert_325 likes this.

sjan17 is offline Member

Default I'm on my way....thanks to you guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by DDAVE45 View Post
    sjan17....ur welcome anything i can do to help just let me know......i think your over stressing yourself out about this....take it one day at a time and dont let the subs control you. You control how much you take and i understand that ur body doesnt always agree, but if you just get over those couple of days of feeling like ????....then you'll be 1 step closer to being done with these subs. i did sweat and had trouble sleeping so i dont want you to get the wrong idea and think that it was a walk in the park for me ...cause it wasnt. but once i got myself on a structured and consistant tapering plan it was very easy for me. Im 9 days now with no subs and feel great, have slept fine and had no w/d. Another thing i never mentioned was that i was exercising a lot....i was always running and workout quite a bit. Maybe try going for a run after work or even just walking at first. Exercising will release natural endorphins that will make this a lot easier. Im sure you've heard that b4, but im telling you that it really does work and will make this a lot easier on you.
    DDAVE45, FEDUPNOW and Robert_325....thanks a bunch..I can't tell you how much it helps to read your posts...it makes me not feel alone and it's just so comforting to know others are or have been where I am. I'm on my way, I started taking 2 L-tyrosine (1000mgs) and 3 of the L-Phen...long name. I think the D-Phen is the one i'm suppose to use but just haven't ordered online yet so I just bought the L-Phen....as it was available. Anyway, I think it helps the brain cuzz I didn't feel the heat and head wd's as much today. Anyway, today I reduced to .75 2x/day so that's 1.5mgs and I'll do this for 4 more days and try to reduce again by 25%. You're right, just bear through the sweats a bit and head wd's and it does kinda go away. I'm feeling stronger and just want to feel normal all the time. You know how it feels the best like 20 minutes after you dose...i mean completely normal...but it wears off..I feel it in a couple of hours slightly. I must have a very fast metabolism. Anyway, I'm doing the taper and can't wait to be done. DDAVE45....what a CELEBRATION....wow!!!! 9 days of no subs....sooo proud of you man! FEDUPNOW, I'm just trailing you...you guys are all my inspiration! And Robert_325, I THINK THE WORLD OF YOU SIR....You deserve a "hero" award for all your support, advice and encouragement. It's so great to know if I have a question, I can ask on this site and I'll get a quick response and a genuine, honest caring one...absolutely beyond comforting...thank the dear Lord for this site! I feel positive and so excited to be on my way. Thanks ya'll so much!!!

I can tell that ur motivated and serious about this....so you will def. succeed my friend. I know exactly what your talking about when you say u just want to feel normal....i used to get jealous of people who could go on about thier day w/o taking a pill. Its such a great feeling to finally be "normal" again w/o worrying about taking a sub or anything else.
    fedupnow likes this.

sjan17 how you doing? hanging in there?

I'm just about at the end of day 1 on 0.50mg. I was fine all day just got uncomfortable about 2-3hrs before my night dose.. I've taken that earlier and now and feel much better, Gonna hit the sack soon and start day 2.

Thought it would help you to know, your not alone my friend! We can do this!

sjan17 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by fedupnow View Post
    sjan17 how you doing? hanging in there?

I'm just about at the end of day 1 on 0.50mg. I was fine all day just got uncomfortable about 2-3hrs before my night dose.. I've taken that earlier and now and feel much better, Gonna hit the sack soon and start day 2.

Thought it would help you to know, your not alone my friend! We can do this!
    Fedupnow,
    You're doing great! So did you take .25mg in the a.m. and then .25 in the evening? that's incredible!! I finally feel like I could use less...it's really weird how you just don't sweat quite as much. Anyway, I experimented (probably shouldn't do) and took just a sliver this morning around 10 a.m. while at work (when I start sweating, I wait 30 minutes and if it doesn't let up, I take it). Anyway, I was good until 3:00 and took 1mg and I still feel ok and it's almost 7:30. I'm going to try to not take anymore today. I'm just happy if I can be less than 2mgs at this point. I'll try again tomorrow and see how I do. It is getting a bit easier. Thanks for asking...I never get RLS or stomach issues at all, just the sweats! it will be 1 mo. 2/17. Bluedog..said slow and low is the key...I can't wait till it's over! Keep me posted!! I need to start exercising..now I feel more up to it and I will. Again, proud of you man!!!

sjan......how have you been doing with your taper....you havent posted in awhile??