Short term suboxone use.. Withdrawals?
    Bls74 is offline New Member

Default Short term suboxone use.. Withdrawals?

Can you withdrawal from suboxone if only taking it for a week? I still don't fully understand the drug.. If I wa addicted to pain pills for 2 years and took subs for a week then stopped would I withdrawal? And would it be from prolonging the pill withdrawal or from suboxone?

nomo momo is offline Member

without knowing your level of use, i'll take your word that you are addicted/dependent on opiates. it is safe to assume that after 2 years of opiate use, you can expect withdrawal and taking sub for a week will not mitigate that, it is also an opiate.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

I agree with the above answer. Your not neccesarily going to w/d from sub, but the other opiods you've been taking. If you take sub for a week after discontinuing other opiods I would say you'll already be in mild w/d during that time, and stopping the sub will then allow w/d to "peak". Sub doesn't STOP w/d completely, it makes it a lot more tolerable. I guess for some low level users it might stop w/d but any of us with heavy habits know it doesn't stop w/d. You might want to take the sub for two weeks. Actually, ask Robert_325 what he thinks. He'll have a much better idea.