Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes
Robert_325 - suboxone day 3
    powerless is offline Member

Hey Nomo, just checking in on ya. Things are going well still stable. Bumped my dose up wed to 2and 2 and am holding strong. Gonna kind stay here for a week or more until I feel comfortable and then work on tapering. Have had a super busy weekend. But, it was a fantastic weekend. My first group meeting in this Tuesday. Looking forward to it.

You are doing GREAT so proud of you.

nomo momo is offline Member

Monday

.33mg(day 1) - stable

Tuesday

.33mg(day 2) - stable

feeling pretty good but def a little tired along with some minor symptoms since i last dropped yesterday....thinking ill stick @ .33 through Friday and drop again to .25mg saturday

Wednesday

.33mg(day 3) @ 11am - stable

Thursday

.33mg(day 4) @ 10am - stable

powerless is offline Member

YOU ARE ROCKING IT! So proud of you, hope to be there someday soon also...

Quote Originally Posted by powerless View Post
    YOU ARE ROCKING IT! So proud of you, hope to be there someday soon also...
    Was wondering where you were at but i haven't been around much myself. going to stay at .33mg tomorrow and look to drop on sat. hope your are doing well...ill take a look at your thread in a min. see ya

josh61310 is offline New Member

So I just registered after I started reading everyone's stories. I am in desperate need and I have to admit that reading how other people are coping and struggling with the same problem as I am is very comforting and puts a little ease to the withdraws. I feel like I to must share my story. Its much easier to release your thoughts on to an online board where It can practically be annonymous. So, I started taking hydro's about 3 years ago. I had it prescribed to me for an injury I had sustained on the job. Like everyone else. I enjoyed it from the start. Of course at that time it didn't take much. Maybe 2 a day for the first 3 bottles. Then about 6 months later my script ran out. So. I searched around. Still it only took a few here and there so I didn't have to look much. But then my body started to get used to it so I had to up the mg to 10 and over the next year and a half progressed into taking 10 to 15 a day.. Major jump. I would take it mainly when I went to work. I did get a "high" off of it so to speak but the main reason is I was just energized. My job is a fast demanding job at times and requires me to jump into 3rd gear. I could work all day long. 10-14 hour shifts 5 days a week. Pretty much the whole time. I could work like none other on them. It was great. (Little did I know I was probably screwing myself more in the long run). But up until about 3 weeks ago I have always been able to find my supply pretty easy. But now its gone.. They too have lost their script so i was bound to run out. Today is day 2. Almost on to 3 and I feel like ????. I've tossed and turned all night long the last two nights. My whole body aches. I feel like I must constantly move my joints because they need to move. And on top of it all I feel like I'm dying. All I've done is think about them since I stopped. Just wanting more. I feel like a crackhead cause all my time is spent thinking of how I could get some more.. I keep making excuses to myself to find more even though reading this has enlightened me into the actual addicting part of these pills. I need to quit now.. While I'm ahead. I just don't know how.. I'm not a good writer. I'm sure I've lost a couple of readers along the way. But I feel like I'm going crazy. I have read different ways to deal with the withdraws and things you can take to cope with it. I do not feel that I should get xanax or anything along that line because I think I will just get addicted to that too since its making me feel better about the withdraws. I'm scared for myself. I don't want to be so dependent on a drug. Of any kind. I don't know exactly if I'm asking for help. Or if I just want answers to others and their ways of getting off. I just know that I need to stop and that I need help. I guess I just need to know people out their can help. Or at least occupy my brain with their stories. I wish everyone the best. I know now how it feels to go through withdraws. Its by far the worst experience I've ever dealt with. Props to everyone who fought it to the end because I know now that it is not easy. I will definitely think twice before I let myself get attached to something like this again.

And if I don't do it now... when would I quit? Would my mind ever allow me to? Or would I just keep telling myself this is how it should be. That I should have it. I don't know. I just want to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by josh61310 View Post
    And if I don't do it now... when would I quit? Would my mind ever allow me to? Or would I just keep telling myself this is how it should be. That I should have it. I don't know. I just want to let it go.
    Hi Josh,

It sounds to me like you already know the answers to these questions and you may need a little re-enforcement and overall support.

Am i correct in thinking you have been taking 10-15 x 10mg hydrocodones daily for ~2 years?

And you are stopping cold turkey? hopefully still....on day 3?

There are good people here that can help you if you are willing to be honest and put in the work.

Friday

.33mg, maybe a little less @ 10am - stable

Coming up on day 4. Had to buy some Icy-Hot and pretty much soak my back and all my joints. heh. Im pretty sure I went through a whole tube of it today. Definitely recommend it for the aches. But that's just me. I think today has been the worst day though. Its been more emotionally draining on me then ever before. Anxiety felt like my heart would explode. I even broke down and cried today cause I just cant believe what I've become and how I am so mentally and physically dependent on a pill. Never saw this coming. But.. to yes you are correct to a degree. It hasn't always been the 10s but here in the last year or so now it has. Usually the 7.5's were good enough which is what I was started off on as a script. I do want overall support. I just don't really know how to occupy my time and my mind. I thought about some herbal supplements to boost my energy. Cant do anything like xanax though. I was prescribed to that by my doctor awhile back and took 1 and said never again. I felt drunk and I'm not a drinker so I don't like that feeling. Besides. I don't want to replace 1 drug for another. Seems like a losing battle.

anxiety and the mental/emotional can often be as bad or worse than the physical w/d for many, dont get discouraged, you are doing great! i really mean that, just to take this head-on says a lot and you are in the right mindset for success.

and you are right about the xanax, it has its place but by no means should be used as a daily or proactive remedy. and it won't provide you energy like opiates can, best bet is keep eating healthy and get plenty of vitamins.

Good Luck!

Saturday - reduction day

.25mg @ 11am

relatively stable, not 100% but manageable overall, its usually actually day 2-3 after reduction that i feel the most lethargic, anxious, etc.

Very nice nomo. I wish I thought about the "reduction plan". That probably is the overall best way to go. Especially when your used to taking them for the last couple years. Doing pretty good today surprisingly, but I also mowed my yard,trimmed my weeds, and worked all night so it was alot easier to keep my mind occupied. Cant say I didnt think about it though every 5 minutes it seems. But my anxiety was alot better since I had something to do.. I think the more I let it make me lethargic and down, the more I crave and go crazy.. but when I stay busy it tends to go by alot faster. Alot of Icy Hot again though during the evening. It helps. Alot... Im feeling alot of the w/d in my back and legs. But I've also been having this weird feeling at night when I go to bed. I feel like I gotta keep moving my arm. (The joints in my elbow) Its hard to explain, but basically i gotta keep moving my arm or it just bothers me to the point I cant sleep. Then the more I think about it the more I cant sleep. Which makes me even more tired. The madder I get.. the worse it gets. I need something at night to help me sleep. Any non addicting ideas? What are some good vitamins to take? I think all I got are vitamin C tablets. Not really sure how vitamins work. Coming up on day 5... Gonna try to go in to it positively.. We'll see how it goes..

Sounds like you are continuing to make progress. Good work!

Remember, i am tapering off suboxone after jumping off oxycodone about a month ago...i didnt do much tapering off the oxys before.

You want to get a good variety off vitamins, especially if you are not eating like you usually do, or should be. A multi-vitamin is always good, C the Bs are great and you can load up on them(6&12), i think A and E are good for antioxidants/detoxing. For natural sleep aids, i would look around here or remember for all of this, i am no Dr. and Google is your friend.

Sunday

.25mg - stable

will most likely stick here through Thursday but if you are around Robert, i'd like to hear what you think about next reduction, skipping days, etc.

Monday

.25mg - stable

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by nomo momo View Post
    Monday

.25mg - stable

nomo momo .... you're doing awesome! Sorry I've been on and off so much lately. I've had some personal fires to put out and you've been doing so well. Proud of you.

This is your third day at .25mg, so I would reduce again when you feel ready. At this point you are as much in charge of making the calls as me. You know how you feel, you're almost done, there is no reason to push yourself at this point. A few days one way or the other doesn't matter. I prefer to see you in comfort but still push through to the finish line asap.

I would reduce next to .18 mg or thereabout. Stay there 4-6 days, then go to .125mg and repeat. From that point you can begin the day skipping or you can taper all the way to zero if skipping days makes you anxious. I prefer the skipping days personally as you have to jump off cold at some point if you taper down all the way. Let me know how I can help you. YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!!!! God bless.
    nomo momo likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-07-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    nomo momo .... you're doing awesome! Sorry I've been on and off so much lately. I've had some personal fires to put out and you've been doing so well. Proud of you.

This is your third day at .25mg, so I would reduce again when you feel ready. At this point you are as much in charge of making the calls as me. You know how you feel, you're almost done, there is no reason to push yourself at this point. A few days one way or the other doesn't matter. I prefer to see you in comfort but still push through to the finish line asap.

I would reduce next to .18 mg or thereabout. Stay there 4-6 days, then go to .125mg and repeat. From that point you can begin the day skipping or you can taper all the way to zero if skipping days makes you anxious. I prefer the skipping days personally as you have to jump off cold at some point if you taper down all the way. Let me know how I can help you. YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!!!! God bless.

abridged reply:

Robert, ty ty ty....you don't owe me explanations, i know your time is best spent where you are.

your computer fire story couldnt have come from any1 but a Pickle, re-read it

don't forget about our "pay it forward" convo, soon, after i am done collecting from you

ty ty ty ty

updates to follow

Donewthislife is offline New Member

Robert I just posted this on an older thread where I found you helping people. I then went to the other Suboxone threads and FOUND YOU HERE! Maybe you can help me, cause I really do need it!

Robert I PRAY you are still around and providing advice since I really need help.

I was clean and sober for 352 days from a 15month long, 600mg Oxycodone habit. I wound up picking up for 6days two weeks ago. I used a total of 15 Oxycodone tabs insufflated over the six days and caught a habit. Instead of going thru withdrawals like a "bigboy" I decided to call my doctor and get Sunoxone. I know stupid move, but I had some family function coming up and I couldn't be ill for it. I got a script of 10 8mg tabs. I took 4mg immediately after receiving the script from the pharmacist. I then took another 3mg the following day, then 2mg the 3rd and 4th day. Today is day five and I haven't taken anything. Of course I feel fine as the half life is VERY long. I know I need to be tapered off asap so I was wondering what the best way I should taper? Or do I even need a taper at this point and should just take "crumbs" for the next couple of days? I was contemplating going on Sub maintenance, but after reading the horrors of detoxing from Subs I said NO WAY, unless I was going to take them for the rest of my life. I was intrigued about Subs anti-depressant qualities, which was the only reason for my relapse. I have been battling PAWS for the past year and been on several SSRI's which haven't helped at all. I just wanted some relief from the year long battle that I had endured and just thought I could use without catching a habit. Well, I was wrong. I'm so naive when it comes to opiates and withdrawals. The only time I detoxed in the 15month run I had previously was when I entered rehab. They put me on a short Sub taper which they were giving me Catapress for anxiety and for a couple of days they gave me Utram for bodyaches. I felt like garbage for my remaining stay at the rehab but it wasn't unbearable. I never vomited or shook violently and sweated profusely, just aches and pains and anxiety, RLS chills were what I experienced mostly. SO WHAT AM I LOOKING AT in terms of withdrawals this time, with only a minor habit? I know I probably made it worse with taking the Subs, so how should I proceed? Thanks and I hope you're still around

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123