Robert_325 Ques/Advice about Suboxone/Other Meds. Im taking
    Gia727 is offline New Member

Red face Robert_325 Ques/Advice about Suboxone/Other Meds. Im taking

Hello, this is my very first post, I actually posted this in the wrong area so I am adding it here too, so its my 2nd post, lol!! BUT I have been reading these thread for years, Robert 325 you almost got me off Subs for good last year but something happened. I am still unsure what happened so I will describe it and hopefully you or anyone else can help. Lets start with this, I have never been on so many meds as I am now. I have a new Pdoc that is really trying to help me with anxiety now but different perspectives will always help. I use to study medicine but changed my major, but I still research meds in my free time. OK, I am currently taking 8mg Suboxone (I am going to go down 2 mg in February) Remeron (22.5mg for anxiety induced insomnia, but I am beginnign to taper down again and get off this because the weight gain is insane) Trazodone (25mg, I just started this, it is to help me sleep while I am coming off Remeron, and BuSpar (I have a full bottle getting ready to start 5mg 3 times per day, this is for helping the anxiety that comes as I get off Remeron........

OK!! This might me a long thread guys, so sorry...Robert 325, if I am lucky enough to have you read this, thank you for your time.....Last year at this time I was only taking Suboxone 2mg film (I have been on Sub for 3.5 years, way too long, before that Methadone 2 years, before that I was misusing Lortab I have been on a opiates for 8 years total)..Last year I was also taking Tamezapam 30mg (for only 1 year total ) I havve always had anxiety issues since 18 but I never needed any meds for it........everything spiraled out of control when I came off Temazepam and Suboxone together I also tapered off Temazepam, I got all the way off Suboxone for 1 month I tapered using your plan Robert but my OLD Sub doc stated that I should use her plan and I stopped using Suboxone (July 13, 2011 I was on 4mg and pdoc took me down to 2mg, I took 2 mg for 1 month and 1.5mg for 3 day and stopped because my prescription was out as well.....This is when the hardest, and I am not over-exaggerating this was pure hell I went through, the darkest, deepest major depression cause no sleep, anxiety, non-stop panic attacks, insomnia to where I stayed up for 6 days, no joke, for 4 weeks I stayed in my parents basement (God bless them) and I was a zombie I would not leave the couch, could barely take a shower, I told them what was going on and they told me to tough it out that the sleep will come and the anxiety will dissipate, I felt like I had every mental issue at once! Mind racing bi-polar, obsessive-compulsive, EVErything! I read about P.A.W.S. but what I was feeling was worse, I was honestly ready to die, I started Lexapro during the hell and that heightened the anxiety and panic attacks, SSRIs are not cool with me I guess! I felt like I was injected with speed......

I do not know if I came off the Suboxone too fast cuz I been on them too long and also along with the Temazepam no longer in my system, both at once was too much?? Anyways, after 4 weeks of hell I couldnt do it anymore..... I went back to my Sub. doctor and took 4mg and my brain was like "Thank you Lord" my mother even said, "Its nice to have you back" I was myself again, I felt like a new person that quick and I slept that night! After 4 week of being of Sub. why did my body react like that when I took it again, why did I go through that hell?

Now, the anxiety and insomnia remain from that hell but not nearly as bad, Remeron does wonders for anxiety and I sleep, but I cannot keep gaining weight and I have this full bottle of BuSpar and I am worried it will aggravate the anxiety that lingers now like it did when I tried Lexapro. What happened to me? Why did I go through that hell? I am so scared to come all the way off Suboxone now! Maybe after being on a opiate for 8 years messed up my brain chemistry and my brain cannot go without? Can I do "your taper method" with being on Suboxone and opiates for so many years?That hell Insomnia is something I cannot go through again.

I am hoping that the BuSpar will help so I can only take that, Sub. and Trazodone and come off Remeron smoothly with the help of the BuSpar. I also heard that with me taking Temazepam for 1 year straight will make the BuSpar not work?? Is that rumor true? Hey, Im sorry for the long post, as you can see SO many thoughts and questions are going through my poor mind. but I have not really talked about this to anyone besides my Pdoc and I need some advice from someone who truly knows about these drugs.

Thank you again for your time on this, I also hope that this may help anyone else that ever fell into this position. I will also keep this thread alive as my journal, and I will let everyone know as I come off Suboxone my thoughts and feelings, I am always online with my college. So even if Robert 325 does reply, I would still love to hear from others, I need any strength that comes my way, so your words will mean a lot to me.
    Last edited by Gia727; 02-01-2012 at 06:42 PM.

I also need to clarify my how I tapered off Suboxone, 7/13/11 I went from 4mg to 2mg.....then on 7/25/11 I took 1.5 mg for 3 days then stopped, my old Pdoc said I would be fine, so when that hell hit me, I thought it would dissipate, after 4weeks it never did, I remember my old Pdoc stated that people stopped Sub at 2mg so in my mind I was thinking"maybe I am just going nuts" and I though after 4 weeks of depression/anxiety/PA/severe insomnia that the Sub is out of my system! So then I really thought that maybe I am going insane until I Finally went back on Sub. and it all was better besides the anxiety that still remains now.......Im just so confused and I am thinking I cannot be without Suboxone cuz my body is so use to it after all these years! . I want to come off of this Sub!!

Default My late formal Introduction...

Ok I realized that I never formally introduced myself, everyone calls me Gia, I am a 32 year old female that lived in the midwest, I am currently working on my MFA in Graphic Design...I love Art and computers...I am a Leo to the fullest, very outgoing, a daredevil, free-spirited, but also dow to earth and a loyal friend and I love making new friends.

I also know a lot about different medicines, I use to study medicine but I changed my major to Fine Arts BUT I still research medicine in my free time, medicine amuses me, I never get bored reading about it, I actually borrowed my Pdocs medical textbooks!

While knowing a lot about different medicines I have a weakness, it is anxiety, my history of opiates and currently being on Suboxone for 3.5 years with failed attempts to get off of it.

Now in my past I have tried different antidepressants so I know from experience I know how SSRIs and SNRI effect me and can effect others, I have PA and GAD but realized for years I could handle it without meds. until I tried to come off Suboxone and it flared the anxiety I have....I also have a history taking xanax, tamazepam, I got off of those by myself so if anyone needs help I am here. I do not have a medical degree but I do have knowledge from research and experience....with that being said I look forward to finally speaking on this site, I only listened since 2010 here but yesterday was my first day speaking so with my previous post above I will share my experience and I hope to get help too with my Suboxone issue as well.....

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Gia ..... I have had to rebuild my computer and just getting back online. Give me tonight to get everything reloaded and I'll be here to work with you. I applaud you for getting off the benzos on your own. That is awesome!

I will help you with the subs! Just give me tonight to get this thing working right again and I'll be here for you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Take your time, I am in no rush at all. I know what its like to have computer issues. I thank you for taking the time to get back with me.

I wanted to update and say that I started Buspar and felt speeded up first few days, now I feel no side effects what-so-ever, not even the tiredness and with me thats almost a miracle cuz Im so sensitive to meds. I really hope that this med. helps me with anxiety. I am really looking forward to getting off Suboxone asap, I just been on it so long I donot know how slow to go.
    Last edited by Gia727; 02-05-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia727 View Post
    I wanted to update and say that I started Buspar and felt speeded up first few days, no I feel no side effects what so ever, not even the tiredness. I really hope that this med. helps me with anxiety. I am really looking forward to getting off Suboxone, I just been on it so long I donot know how slow to go.

I think that you are very fortunate. I don't think that I know anyone that buspar has done anything for. Happy for you if it works. It's really a mild med. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you Robert_325...So its mild? Goodness, my anxiety has been covered up with Remeron so when I wean off Remeron in about 3 weeks we will see how it works for me. I have a question Robert_325, about my first post to this thread, that was the scariest time I went through, do you think I went through that hell for 4 weeks because it I came off Suboxone too fast and was on it for too long? Can I follow your original plan to come off Suboxone or do I need a more slow taper with being on Subs for 3.5 years/opiates 8-9 years total? I am just so confused about what I went through for 4 weeks, what was it, PAWS? I think I just came off them too fast but if I can have your help I am so ready to come off Subs. I am on 8mg now with a whole months supply and ready to begin tapering..can you help this situation?

Default Thanks Robert_325, I was wondering.......

So buspar is mild? My pdoc also said that either it will do something or nothing and my anxiety has been covered up with Remeron but I am weaning off Remeron in about 3 weeks and we will see how it works for me.

I have a question Robert_325 regarding my first post to this thread, that was the scariest time I went through, do you think I went through that hell for 4 weeks because it I came off Suboxone too fast and was on it for too long? Can I follow your original plan to come off Suboxone or do I need a more slower taper with being on Subs for 3.5 years/opiates 8-9 years total? I am just so confused about what I went through for 4 weeks, what was it, PAWS? I think I just came off them too fast but if I can have your help I am so ready to come off Subs. I am on 8mg now with a whole months supply and ready to begin tapering..can you help this situation?

Thank you Robert_325...So its mild? Goodness, my anxiety has been covered up with Remeron so when I wean off Remeron in about 3 weeks we will see how it works for me. I have a question Robert_325, about my first post to this thread, that was the scariest time I went through, do you think I went through that hell for 4 weeks because it I came off Suboxone too fast and was on it for too long? Can I follow your original plan to come off Suboxone or do I need a more slow taper with being on Subs for 3.5 years/opiates 8-9 years total? I am just so confused about what I went through for 4 weeks, what was it, PAWS? I think I just came off them too fast but if I can have your help I am so ready to come off Subs. I am on 8mg now with a whole months supply and ready to begin tapering..can you help this situation?

Gia ..... I remember you from before. Forget what your sub dr told you, she is an idiot and just wants your money. Has no concern for you whatsoever. I just went back and looked at all the meds you were taking and you were taking a bunch of meds that all interact with each other, several of them adversely. Hardly ANYONE ever really has PAWS. You just had w/d that lasted from all the drugs. The 8 years of opiates wasn't as bad as the almost four years of subs. Subs are a 2-3 month therapy and you don't cold turkey off them if possible. I used opiates 35 years in mass quantities and was done with subs in six weeks.

I absolutely HATE Remeron, it causes weight gain and terrible dreams along with all the benzos / temazepam, plus the lexapro, subs and throw the trazodone on top of all that, I'm really surprised that you could taper at all and have any idea what you were having symptoms from. Why would you take temazepam and trazodone both? They are both for sleep, plus trazodone is an old antidepressant and not really good with lexapro. Not to be smart but why would your dr put you on all those meds at once? Did you have multiple drs prescribing all this stuff? You have a medical background and know what I'm saying is correct. Plus a history of methadone before that!

I am more concerned about mixing all those meds than if you had cold turkeyed off the subs. We can taper you off any dose of subs doing it right, but I'm a ONE drug at a time person. Eliminate the opiates first, then the benzos and throw the Remeron in the garbage asap, like immediately, especially if the buspar is helping!! I collected on a class action lawsuit against the manufacturers of Remeron years ago. It's worthless in my humble opinion except for people with anorexia. Can't even remember how much weight I gained taking that garbage! I just lost way over 100lbs recently though and now weigh less than I did when I graduated from high school. It feels awesome, haven't felt so good in years!

We'll get you through this. Forgive me but I'm actually a little confused as all that you wrote in the first post had my head spinning. Tell me exactly what you're on right now one more time please. I believe you're on 8mg of sub, which needs to drop to 6mg immediately. I can taper you off the subs painlessly in 60 plus days. Use the buspar and drop the remeron. Are you still on lexapro and trazodone? Didn't the remeron make you gain a bunch of weight?

If you want to work together on a daily basis I'll get you clean. You know that we can do it together. I can taper anyone off anything if they'll do as I ask. I just need to get all this straight so I tell you the right thing. Tell me slowly and concisely what exactly you are on right now and the doses. Tell me the reasons or symptoms why you take each medication and we'll go from there if that sounds reasonable. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-05-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Hello Robert, thank you so very much for your concern, I am really glad you actually care, thats so cool and there is a special place in heaven for people like you..........there must have been a misunderstanding and I am so sorry I did not explain myself more clearly in that first post..................I will reiterate that more clearly...

In the past, On my first attempt to get off subs 8 months ago, when I got off too fast I tapered from 4mg to nothing in one month stopping at 1.5mg cuz I ran out, (Tapering too fast, I really think that is why I went through that hard time with no sleep and constant attacks) I was on no meds after I tapered off 30mg Temazepam and Suboxone........ 2 weeks after tapering and experiencing all those WDs or whatever it was I went through I tried Lexapro for 2 weeks, I stopped it cuz it heightened the attacks and insomnia,so I was back on nothing........after 4 weeks of insomnia and constant attacks I was losing control of my life and wanted to die so I went to a new Sub/Pdoc and he put me back on Sub and everything was better it ALL went away somewhat.....that was 8 months ago, I never wanted to wean off subs because I am afraid I will experience all that ???? again.

Now today I take trazodone 50mg, Remeron 15mg (weaning down) Sub 8mg and BusPar 10mg 3xs per day.....................The trazodone and buspar is for the anxiety and sleep that will arise when I get off Remeron.

Before I experienced those harsh WDs 8months ago from getting off Subs/tapering Temazepam too fast I felt no anxiety hardly, never needed meds for it like I do now, even tho I am back on Subs now the anxiety is still here, so those 4 weeks of WD I experienced 8 months ago scarred me with ongoing anxiety today. That sucks big time.

I just wanted your insight from what happened to me 8 months ago, was it because I tapered too fast? My sub doc gave me the wrong direction and I am glad I no longer have her. She actually told me people stopped Subs at 2mg, so all those WD I was experienced when I stopped at 1.5mg I was thinking I was going nuts cuz of what she said, yeah I think people that are on subs a short time maybe can quit at 2mg but not people like me thats been on them for 4 years, ya know? I just was wondering with my situation, can I also use your taper plan, or do I need something slower........

Robert_325, you are so awesome and I am so sorry for that misunderstanding, I have ADD and when I type my feelings down it can me a mess, lol, thanks again for everything and look forward to hearing from you

Hello Robert, thank you so very much for your concern, I am really glad you actually care, thats so cool and there is a special place in heaven for people like you..........there must have been a misunderstanding and I am so sorry I did not explain myself more clearly in that first post..................I will reiterate that more clearly...

In the past, On my first attempt to get off subs 8 months ago, when I got off too fast I tapered from 4mg to nothing in one month stopping at 1.5mg cuz I ran out, (Tapering too fast, I really think that is why I went through that hard time with no sleep and constant attacks) I was on no meds after I tapered off 30mg Temazepam and Suboxone........ 2 weeks after tapering and experiencing all those WDs or whatever it was I went through I tried Lexapro for 2 weeks, I stopped it cuz it heightened the attacks and insomnia,so I was back on nothing........after 4 weeks of insomnia and constant attacks I was losing control of my life and wanted to die so I went to a new Sub/Pdoc and he put me back on Sub and everything was better it ALL went away somewhat.....that was 8 months ago, I never wanted to wean off subs because I am afraid I will experience all that ???? again.

Now today I take trazodone 50mg, Remeron 15mg (weaning down) Sub 8mg and BusPar 10mg 3xs per day.....................The trazodone and buspar is for the anxiety and sleep that will arise when I get off Remeron.

Before I experienced those harsh WDs 8months ago from getting off Subs/tapering Temazepam too fast I felt no anxiety hardly, never needed meds for it like I do now, even tho I am back on Subs now the anxiety is still here, so those 4 weeks of WD I experienced 8 months ago scarred me with ongoing anxiety today. That sucks big time.

I just wanted your insight from what happened to me 8 months ago, was it because I tapered too fast? My sub doc gave me the wrong direction and I am glad I no longer have her. She actually told me people stopped Subs at 2mg, so all those WD I was experienced when I stopped at 1.5mg I was thinking I was going nuts cuz of what she said, yeah I think people that are on subs a short time maybe can quit at 2mg but not people like me thats been on them for 4 years, ya know? I just was wondering with my situation, can I also use your taper plan, or do I need something slower........

Robert_325, you are so awesome and I am so sorry for that misunderstanding, I have ADD and when I type my feelings down it can me a mess, lol, thanks again for everything and look forward to hearing from you

Gia ..... there is no doubt that stopping subs at that dose originially put you into detox. We taper down to .25mg at least and THEN go through a process of skipping days that lasts two weeks. So the original taper was blown for sure. But that dr who put you back on 8mg of subs after you were off is an idiot and should be horse whipped! I can't believe they did that to you! Certainly you feel better now on these drugs, the dr has made you totally drug dependent again. Some drs really piss me off! And the anxiety you are feeling now is primarily caused because you are taking 8mg of subs! That is a crazy dose for someone who started taking them after you were already clean! We need to start tapering you off the subs properly. The trazodone is okay to help you with sleep, but I don't think you need to even be on anything else based on what you've said. I would get off that remeron ASAP! Like as in IMMEDIATELY! Stay in touch and let me know if you want me to work with you on this. God bless.

Yes I would absolutely love your help I am ready too, whenever you are. I have read your taper plan before. I remember that you said to go down 25% every 4 days? And go all the way down to .25mg?

And I am currently down from 22.5 to 15mg Remeron, I have been on it for 7 months. I tried to come off it once one month ago but anxiety induced insomnia came back so I went back up on Remeron telling myself that I say "NO" to the munchies, I cant, I shot up from 155 to 175lbs, I never weighted this much in my life. That is depressing enough.

I have not been taking the Trazodone for that long, maybe 2 weeks, but if its ok with you I get really worried when I cant sleep, my main problem with anxiety is my mind races at night and I cannot fall asleep but Remeron cures that so Can I come off the Trazodone after I come off the Sub. taper? I just get worried with anxiety coming back when I get all the way off Remeron so I feel that Trazodone will help me with that.

Another thing with Remeron is I have not had a monthly cycle since I been on it, thats not normal. So I will wean off Remeron and Suboxone with your help and I will keep taking Buspar and Trazodone for help with anxiety/insomnia if thats ok with you?

Yes Robert_325 I am ready when you are Thank you and bless you too.

I am not concerned about the trazodone or the buspar. We can work fine with those and the subs. I would lose that freakin Remeron, it's such garbage! I gained a ton using that trash and like I said, I collected from a class action lawsuit against them so you know it's a "wonderful" medication. We just need to start your taper off the subs now if you're ready. Go to 6mg immediately, you won't even notice the drop. And stay in touch. I'll stick this out with you until you're totally clean. God bless.

Oh my goodness!!! A law suit? If its personal I would rather not ask why, but can I ask was it over the weight gain? Yes I have no choice but to stop Remeron, I cannot live my life constantly gaining weight, its insane, every 3 hours I am starving. I try SOOOO hard to fight not eating, telling myself, its just the med, but I cannot concentrate on anything until I freakin eat! That medicine is SAD and believe me, Im getting off of it and if I cannot sleep as a result I will have to try another antidepressant that helps relieve anxiety. The anxiety I experience is the worrying/mind racing at night and I cannot sleep so I became almost obsessed with sleeping cuz I was not a good sleeper, I worried about it and Remeron completely makes me sleep a normal pattern, that is the only thing good that it does but seriously, Im going off of it too, I am going to be on 15mg for a week then 7.5 mg for a week and hopefully by then the buspar will help with my worrying at night.

I will dose 6mg Suboxone tomorrow. Thank you and yes I will be in touch. Your awesome

Blondi313 is offline New Member

robert,
    just interested in your subutex detox for pregnant women. 5 months pregnant and down from 12mg to 3mg subutex(approx). it's hard to calculate the broken up tablet. Want to stop in 30 days and MD is NO help. Cant find anyone to help at all and no one knows a safe way while pregnant. I refuse to think that this med is my only choice and I am bound to it for this pregnancy. was on it for my other child which had no problems but after research I realized I should of quit long ago. I have anxiety disorder that intensifies with pregnancy but don't take any other meds for 2 years. I used the Subs to control the anxiety when I quit Narcs and Benzos. New to this site so I hope you can contact me. Thank you so much.