Robert_325, Opinion
    rxqueen is offline Junior Member

Default Robert_325, Opinion

Robert,
    I am eight weeks pregnant. I've been taking Suboxone since last September, and three years prior to that I used Methadone through a clinic. I have not had a relapse in three years and three months. I am now on Subutex, I was switched to that two months ago as I knew I was pregnant and told my physician I'd be comfortable on Subutex until it was confirmed I was not pregnant. Currently I am prescribed 2 8mg tablets per day, but I don't take even close to that amount. I take 1/4 of a tablet daily, I have NO desire to use whatsoever, I have had multiple chances to steal very strong pain medicine recently and my partner has Vicodin for pain stored in his dresser that does not even bother me.

I wanted to stop Sub but then found out I was pregnant and wish to be very, very careful with our "miracle" baby. My partner has never been able to reproduce and was told he could probably never have a child. I stayed on the medicine as my physician and nurse mid-wife suggested; BUT I discussed this with them and understand where they are coming from when they make that suggestion. My Doctor is basically concerned with the small amount of liability and the possibility of relapse; and I also think naturally there is some financial reasons behind that as they probably get 500 a visit from my insurance. It's just a fact of life. My midwife not knowing me very well and seeing other young ladies in my area is greatly concerned with relapse during pregnancy. There is nothing that could make me relapse but me and I know that. I don't think there reccomendations are because discontinuation is dangerous. I want to do this slow, but I want to do it, and do it right. I want to be off all medications by the time I deliver, and never return to them again.

The only other RX med I take is Xanax which my Sub doctor has put me on an excellent taper schedule and I was not a heavy doser anyway. I'm doing fine with that, taking an 1/8th of a 1mg tablet every two days now. In four more days I will push it to three days and even four if I want. At this point its up to me and my comfort level. He gave me an RX for buspirone if needed but I'm ok so far. I'd rather be taking nothing.

What are your feelings on this situation and do you think you'd be comfortable helping me? I'm very willing to listen to anything you have to say.

SheilaWeela is offline New Member

After having begun induction with suboxone will I continue to have withdrawals?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by SheilaWeela View Post
    After having begun induction with suboxone will I continue to have withdrawals?

Not if you follow the process I use here. Find the link below and let me know if you want my help. I could refer to several moms that I've done this with and those precious little babies didn't have to suffer at all. I've never had any problem doing this. Drs can't give you daily attention as you need doing this.

At the dose you are taking I could have you clean safely in a matter of weeks (6-8). Let me know what you think. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Great! I'm going to go read and 6-8 weeks sounds like heaven! WOOT! I'm ready!

Ok, I read the material. So it sounds like I'll be doing a 25% reduction every four days considering I'm already on Sub for over a year? Should I switch to 2 MG pills to make this process easier, cause I'm on 8 MG right now, and making 8 1/8th's is still 1 mg pieces? Thanks!

Hey Robert! Did you forget me? I'm ready, I just got my script refilled. My Doctor didn't want to do 2 mg pills, he thought it would be too much of a jump too fast. I only take 1/4 of a tablet per day but I don't tell them that cause the clinic is 1.5 hours away and I'm without a license; so at times I miss my appointments, have to reschedule or if my rides don't show up I need enough meds to carry me through. So he thinks I'm on a dose of 8mg per day.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

having computer issues. Reduce your dose by 25% and stay there four days or so. I will be in touch on Thursday afternoon to check your progress. Trying to finish getting computer repaired this morning.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.