Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Robert I want to do this right
    ByMyself is offline Junior Member

Default Robert I want to do this right

Ya I did it again im not sure how many times a person can slip up but I guss this would be #3. I was just on hear a week ago trying to get off oxies but i when back. I got off them about 2 years ago and was off for about a year. With the help of subutex. I was not induced right and it was a longer and more difficult road than it needed to be. Im not happy with myself obviously. I am also sorry to eveyone who I have hurt and who helped me last time. I took my last pill at 5:30pm last night and its now almoste 10am. I really want to do this right. Im sorry i didnt get on hear last night and give Robert a heads up.
    I dont think I feel bad enough right now to induce. I do have 1mg bags of subutex put away to help me do this right. Please help. I was on about 7 30s a day. I guess 2100mg. What do you think I should start with when im ready? Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated .

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ByMyself View Post
    Ya I did it again im not sure how many times a person can slip up but I guss this would be #3. I was just on hear a week ago trying to get off oxies but i when back. I got off them about 2 years ago and was off for about a year. With the help of subutex. I was not induced right and it was a longer and more difficult road than it needed to be. Im not happy with myself obviously. I am also sorry to eveyone who I have hurt and who helped me last time. I took my last pill at 5:30pm last night and its now almoste 10am. I really want to do this right. Im sorry i didnt get on hear last night and give Robert a heads up.
    I dont think I feel bad enough right now to induce. I do have 1mg bags of subutex put away to help me do this right. Please help. I was on about 7 30s a day. I guess 2100mg. What do you think I should start with when im ready? Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated .

Check out the following link. Read the INDUCTION section closely. This is how I've done this here for years successfully. Let me know if you want me to help you. But you have to be at a 26 score on the COWS worksheet. You'll see a link in the INDUCTION section of the link. Keep me posted. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    finalchance likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Ok I'm only a 15 right now. Because i have used so much do you think i should induce at 1mg to start or do the .50 dose?

Ok I'm only a 15 right now. Because i have used so much do you think i should induce at 1mg to start or do the .50 dose?

You are not ready to do the induction yet and when you reach a 26 you only start with .5mg. Doesn't matter what you were taking, lots of people have taken more than what you were on. It's doing the process correctly that matters! Don't mess up at this point and blow it! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Ok so its been 19 and a half hours since my last pill and I still am not readyto take the subutex. Im not comfortable rightnow but i know im not ready. My husband comes home around 5:30 and i only have 4 and a half hours left. Im getting nervous because he dosnt know about my problem this time. I'm waiting to get sick.

Ok i took the .50mg now ill wait and see . In 90 min how I feel. If i have to do I just take another .50. And so on throughout the evening.

Ok i took the .50mg now ill wait and see . In 90 min how I feel. If i have to do I just take another .50. And so on throughout the evening.

You don't do it "throughout the evening." If you took .5mg and in 90 minutes you need another .5mg you should not have to do that but maybe once more in another 90 minutes. That would be 1.5mg. If you feel you need more after that post back to me.

DON'T make the mistake of taking more than what is absolutely necessary. You ONLY want to feel normal. There should be no "high" here. Stay in touch, I just want to help you. God bless.

I hadtotake anouther .5 im not feeling great but ill give it some more time and then do I take anouther .5 or maybe .25? Sorry i didnt meen just keep taking it. Im not shure how this works because the first time the docgave me 8mg at the office and told me totake 2 more later that day. I really dont want to take more than i need.
    Thank you so much for helping me I really appreciate all your help. Im hiding this from my family and trying to do everything I did while Iwas taking pills its just so hard. But worth it. I still waiting to see how I feel.

Im still having stomach problems and just unconfertable.

Im still having stomach problems and just unconfertable.

Take another .5mg and post back in an hour. You're controlling your dose very well, you haven't taken much. I have 7:45 here. I'll look for an update at 8:45. I'm watching for you, let's do this right! Stick with me and you'll be okay!

You mention the stomach issues. Do you have diarrhea? You can take some imodium AD at this point if you do, it will help to settle your stomach. If it's just upset, even some pepto or alka seltzer will help a little. Once you get this far into the induction it's okay to try to use some OTC stuff to aid in your feeling better. Keep me posted! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-21-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Ok anouther .50 taken. Still not feeling well but this has to work. Im going to try to get some sleep. The last time i induced it took 2mg also but I did it at one time. Allon my own. So the question is what do I take tomorrow? 2 mg and anouther 2 latter or well I have no idea. I dont want to be on 4 mg a day but much better than the 24 the 1st time. Man how can a doc be so misinformed? Ok going to bed no matter what! Ill check bach in 15 minutes to see if you have also. Dont worry Ill be shure to check in before my morning dose. I hope you will say no just take 1mg in the morning and anouther 1 latter.
    O and how far should my doses be right now? I saw something about 8 hours but at this point im not shure. What a day! I hate myself. What am I doing hear again?
    I wrote a letter to myself last night saying to just get through this before I beet myself up. I read it over and over today. I imagine that paper will be pretty torn up in 8 weeks. Hopefully!

Ok anouther .50 taken. Still not feeling well but this has to work. Im going to try to get some sleep. The last time i induced it took 2mg also but I did it at one time. Allon my own. So the question is what do I take tomorrow? 2 mg and anouther 2 latter or well I have no idea. I dont want to be on 4 mg a day but much better than the 24 the 1st time. Man how can a doc be so misinformed? Ok going to bed no matter what! Ill check bach in 15 minutes to see if you have also. Dont worry Ill be shure to check in before my morning dose. I hope you will say no just take 1mg in the morning and anouther 1 latter.
    O and how far should my doses be right now? I saw something about 8 hours but at this point im not shure. What a day! I hate myself. What am I doing hear again?
    I wrote a letter to myself last night saying to just get through this before I beet myself up. I read it over and over today. I imagine that paper will be pretty torn up in 8 weeks. Hopefully!

Hey, I am impressed with your attitude! I have lots of respect for the way you're handling this! I mean that too! Get yourself some sleep if you can do it. I kind of got lost a little in your dosing as you started before I got with you but you are at 2mg now, is that correct? That is awesome. Freakin sub drs don't know what they are doing, that is obvious to both of us!

The induction done properly is actually a four day process. Tomorrow we need to split your dose and may need just a little extra, but we'll see tomorrow. Everyone is different. My goal over the next four days is to have you on the lowest effective dose and still be totally stable. So just go along with me over the next few days.

Tomorrow morning if you're up and gone before I get on here take 1.5mg. Hopefully that will get you through the day up until about 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon. Then we'll decide together what to take in the evening. After tomorrow we'll have you on two equal doses the third day based on tomorrow's results. Then the fourth day we make sure you are totally smooth.

After the fourth day and we have you on the right dose you'll stay at that dose for about a week to get you past the worst of the actual opiate detox. Then we will start your taper at the end of that week. You'll end up totally clean in about six to eight weeks, and you'll never have to miss any work, I'll have you feeling totally normal, and you'll breeze through this if you listen to me to the letter! I know how to do this, done it a thousand times! Talk with you tomorrow! You've done well my friend! Be proud of yourself! I like that deal about writing that letter to yourself too! God bless you, you're a strong lady!
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-21-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    ByMyself likes this.

Thank you so much. Ya im a bit nervous about tomorrow because im not shure ill get through the day on my dose. If Im out and can't do it on 1.50 should i have a dose of .25 on me incase? Im running around all day and dont have time to be sick. I know Im looking for a guick fix but not one to get me high. Wow does that sound different! Thank you again.

Thank you so much. Ya im a bit nervous about tomorrow because im not shure ill get through the day on my dose. If Im out and can't do it on 1.50 should i have a dose of .25 on me incase? Im running around all day and dont have time to be sick. I know Im looking for a guick fix but not one to get me high. Wow does that sound different! Thank you again.

Just go ahead and take .5mg with you in case of emergency. You're on a very small dose and I'm not worried about you doing too much if you just take 1.5mg in the morning and take .5mg with you. Touch base with me in the morning and then we'll talk when you get in later in the day. God bless.

Good Morning.
    Ok so at 7am I woke up and had to take my 1.5. Im going to bring the.50 dose with me in case I get into trouble. What time should i take the other 1.5 dose if all goes well? Is it 8 hours then I try to wait the longest at night whial im sleeping?I think the last time i tryied to make it 12 hours in between each dose.

Good Morning.
    Ok so at 7am I woke up and had to take my 1.5. Im going to bring the.50 dose with me in case I get into trouble. What time should i take the other 1.5 dose if all goes well? Is it 8 hours then I try to wait the longest at night whial im sleeping?I think the last time i tryied to make it 12 hours in between each dose.

Waiting 12 hours is a little long. Most people need more of the meds while they are up and about during the day. I would do the 1.5mg this morning, try to hold off on the extra .5mg if you can until you dose again but would plan on it by 5:00 or 6:00 at the latest.

Talk with me as we can today, but this is where we find out how you are going to react to the split dose and see exactly how much minimum you need to maintain and be stable. Keep me posted. God bless.

I had to take the .5 at 2pm. O well at least I'm still on a low dose right. Ok at around 5 ill take the 1.5. Thank you and hope you are having a good day tell me please if im doing anything wrong.

I had to take the .5 at 2pm. O well at least I'm still on a low dose right. Ok at around 5 ill take the 1.5. Thank you and hope you are having a good day tell me please if im doing anything wrong.

That will still leave you at 3.5mg for the day on day two. That is perfect. Tomorrow repeat the same dose only make it an even split between the two doses. That is goal tomorrow. You'll take 1.75mg each dose. Then on day four we actually drop your dose back down to 3mg. That is where you will stay for a week. So you are right on schedule and doing awesome. Just keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.

Thank you so much. I didnt sleep well last night but it comes with the mess i got myself in.

I know its best to gt off this as fast as possible but I feel like when I am finaly stable I might need a week or so to chill out and get my thoughts straight. I just have to take care of life. The thoughts in my head and to get my body a bit healthy. Only one extra week on the lowest dose possible won't hurt me to bad will it? I dont want to mess things up but I might need it.

Let's see how you feel after a week at that dose. I won't lead you into anything you aren't ready for. You can take something to help sleep too like an ambien with the subs now that you're into it. You need to get some sleep while doing this, will make it lots easier.

Ok ill take some benadril tonight and seehow it goes. Ya im not locked on staying anouther week but I just feel so overwhelmed right now with my familyand just trying to keep my thoughts straight and right. But over all I guess im doing ok. Much better than cold turkey!!! Night hope you sleep well.

Ok so I woke up sast night at 2am sick. Cold and sweety, craping and runing to the bathroom. I dont know maybe i have been deeling with to much. Just chocking it up to I have to pay for what i did. Anyway I had to take .5 again. Then at 8am I took my regular dose. What do you think I should do now? I feel like I have messed things up. I really apreciat your help and im not shure what to do right now.

O sorry I took the 1.75 this morning at 8.

Ok so I woke up sast night at 2am sick. Cold and sweety, craping and runing to the bathroom. I dont know maybe i have been deeling with to much. Just chocking it up to I have to pay for what i did. Anyway I had to take .5 again. Then at 8am I took my regular dose. What do you think I should do now? I feel like I have messed things up. I really apreciat your help and im not shure what to do right now.

With diarrhea issues you should be taking imodium AD instead of more subs. The sweat thing will diminish as your dose lowers. EVERYONE sweats on subs. I had to get up leave where I was a few times when on subs I was so soaked, I looked like I had been sprayed with a water hose! That will improve.

Don't take more subs in the middle of the night, choose the right med like Imodium or a sleep aid if you can't stay asleep. Subs won't stop the diarrhea consistently other than being an opiate they constipate some people, and you don't want that either. Stick with it, you're doing fine. Talk with me later in the day. God bless.

At the time I really felt horible. But today I made it to 4 and took my dose. Tonight i hope will go better. I KNOW KNOT SLEEPING is just a problem im going to have to deel with. I am trying to keep it to a minumum. I just had a bad night I guess. Ill follow what you say. I really apreciat your help. Im not bad right now. So unless something goes wrong i hope you have a nice night. Get some sleep yourself.

Keep me posted if you need help. Remember that you're in opiate detox right now and the subs are just covering that up. You'll begin to feel lots better next week. Then when you are feeling good we'll begin the taper. Just hang in there. You can do this! God bless.

Im ok just trying to make it to my doses. Thanks for checking in with me. Hope someone is getting some sleep because its not really happening for me. Ill check in latter. Have a nice day.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Hope you and everyone hear had a nice weekend. Its nice to really feel things again.

Even though I feel like im doing better. I just dont feel ready to drop yet. Tuesday will be one week for me and im glad its over but my body needs to be in a little bit better shape for hitting this with complete confidence. We have talked a bit about waiting one more week and I feel I need it. To get my house in order and some of my life. I'm so happy I have the week down well almoste. So what do you feel about doing the drop about a week from this coming Tuesday?

I hope all is well with you. I KNOW you have a lot of body problems and hope your new diet and hitting the gym is working for you. If I dont hear from you tonight have a good night and ill chek in in the morning.

Hope you and everyone hear had a nice weekend. Its nice to really feel things again.

Even though I feel like im doing better. I just dont feel ready to drop yet. Tuesday will be one week for me and im glad its over but my body needs to be in a little bit better shape for hitting this with complete confidence. We have talked a bit about waiting one more week and I feel I need it. To get my house in order and some of my life. I'm so happy I have the week down well almoste. So what do you feel about doing the drop about a week from this coming Tuesday?

I hope all is well with you. I KNOW you have a lot of body problems and hope your new diet and hitting the gym is working for you. If I dont hear from you tonight have a good night and ill chek in in the morning.

I am doing well, thanks for asking! If you need a little more time before reducing that is okay. Let's play it by ear. You may find that you feel ready before that week goes by. Let's take it a day or two at a time. Keep me posted how you're feeling and we'll go from there. Remember that you should feel a little something, this is not supposed to be "nothing." You're detoxing off opiates. But I don't want to see you ill. So stay in touch and we'll decide together when the time is right. I have a feeling you'll be ready before another week ends! God bless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast