ROBERT 235 need your help with Suboxone
    lilnadz is offline Member

Default ROBERT 235 need your help with Suboxone

I posted another thread and someone suggested you to speak to regarding this. I will repost it here again..

My boyfriend has been on methadone for about 2 years due to an Oxy addiction. The highest he has been at was 65mg and he has been tapering for the last several months and has gotten himself down to 24. We all think that switching to suboxone is the best option now because he wants completely off and methadone withdrawals is obviously horrible. Now at his low does he has been struggling but is ready to get off and the clinic has suggested he try suboxone. This Saturday will be his last dose of Methadone and on Monday at 8am he will go to the clinic and get his first dose of suboxone and has been instructed to go back at 12 to make sure everything is going well for him.

He is very worried about the symptons, what should he expect? Any information? Any advice and information on the switch would be great. Also did I mention he will be working as he cant take the time off so this will probably be very hard

My boyfriend is pretty worried about this weekend if he skips the saturday dose.. He has withdrawn badly off methadone before and is pretty scared about how he will feel.The clinic has told him to stop his drink on Saturday morning but several people have suggested that he take his last drink on Friday morning instead. If he does that and he is suffering does that mean he cant take anything such as a anxiety pill to help with and have to just bare with it??

Also if he does this Friday when he switches to the suboxone and it is successful due to the 72 hours should he feel mild withdrawal symptons or will he still feel icky.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by lilnadz View Post
    My boyfriend is pretty worried about this weekend if he skips the saturday dose.. He has withdrawn badly off methadone before and is pretty scared about how he will feel.The clinic has told him to stop his drink on Saturday morning but several people have suggested that he take his last drink on Friday morning instead. If he does that and he is suffering does that mean he cant take anything such as a anxiety pill to help with and have to just bare with it??

Also if he does this Friday when he switches to the suboxone and it is successful due to the 72 hours should he feel mild withdrawal symptons or will he still feel icky.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Read the following link. I wrote this years ago about doing sub therapy. Pay close attention to the INDUCTION seciton. He is at a perfect dose to switch to subs but he needs to score a minimum score of 26 prior to induction. The COWS worksheet is linked in the INDUCTION section also. Let me know what's happening. The link pretty much explains the process I use here if you want my help. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thanks so much Robert!

I will post over the weekend how he does... he is really worried about the withdrawal... it scares him the most. I dont really understand the withdrawal symptons as i have never used but it is freaking him right out