Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 133
Like Tree47Likes
Quiting for 2012... Support/advice needed
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default Quiting for 2012... Support/advice needed

    I've read many different stories on here and it seems inspiring that many are successful in stopping this horrible addiction that has changed my life in a way I would never of thought. Just a little about my story... I dated a guy for 2 years. He hid his drug addiction from me for about a year. I thought how could I not of noticed? How come I didnt realize this sooner? Instead of leaving him one night I tried a small piece of an oxy. I never felt so good. I loved the feeling and continued to chase it. Sadly for me, a weekend "fun" thing, turned into almost an everyday thing with him. Our relationship became based off getting pills. When we had them great! When we didn't we were miserable. I ended up leaving him to hope to get myself better. I needed change. I started a new relationship and now I'm doing the same thing my ex did to me. I've been able to hide my use of pain killers from him and am so ashamed. Ive cut down from Oxys and am doing percocet 30s and on occasion Opanas. I haven't done opanas in 3 weeks since I know they make me feel
    Worse. I do between 3-4 percocet 30s almost daily. I cut down to 2 after Christmas and can't sleep and overall just feel terrible. I'm just looking for a support system, even if just one person, maybe you've been through this or are going through it now? Any advice is helpful! Thank you

  2. #2
    Jay44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ready4change12 View Post
    I've read many different stories on here and it seems inspiring that many are successful in stopping this horrible addiction that has changed my life in a way I would never of thought. Just a little about my story... I dated a guy for 2 years. He hid his drug addiction from me for about a year. I thought how could I not of noticed? How come I didnt realize this sooner? Instead of leaving him one night I tried a small piece of an oxy. I never felt so good. I loved the feeling and continued to chase it. Sadly for me, a weekend "fun" thing, turned into almost an everyday thing with him. Our relationship became based off getting pills. When we had them great! When we didn't we were miserable. I ended up leaving him to hope to get myself better. I needed change. I started a new relationship and now I'm doing the same thing my ex did to me. I've been able to hide my use of pain killers from him and am so ashamed. Ive cut down from Oxys and am doing percocet 30s and on occasion Opanas. I haven't done opanas in 3 weeks since I know they make me feel
    Worse. I do between 3-4 percocet 30s almost daily. I cut down to 2 after Christmas and can't sleep and overall just feel terrible. I'm just looking for a support system, even if just one person, maybe you've been through this or are going through it now? Any advice is helpful! Thank you
    Welcome to the forum! The first thing I will tell u is that u & only u can want to get clean. There are many great people on here that can assist & guide u through recovery. It may be a bit slow this wknd bc of New Year's, but dnt panic someone will respond to u. I am almost a month clean with the help of suboxone. im currently taking 2mgs a day. I was using 200mgs of oxy a day or 10-15nocs & I can tell u it was alot harder for me to get off oxy than anything else but u can do it. Ur not taking that much. I would suggest continue to taper down & drop each time u feel stable, usualy every 4-5 days. I would also check out the thomas recipe as it can greatly help with withdrawl symptoms. Have a great wknd & keep posting.
    Bean222 likes this.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Thank you for your quick response. I def am more than ready to give this lifestyle up. I have read about the Thomas plan. I went out and bought a vitamin
    To take. I know I just have to be strong. There's only one person who I turn to
    In order to get my pills. I told him of my plan to stop. He said great and he wanted to do it too. I only have 1 perc30 left. He's already called me today saying he has Opana 40s which as I mentioned before I stopped 3 weeks ago. I actually told him No because I know this will be taking steps backwards. The WD from they always feel worse because I know they are much stronger. I obviously see he's not supporting me on this. I'm going to try to stop completely tomorrow to bring in 2012. I think as you mentioned my dose I'm taking now isn't too high but reguardless I know I've became dependent on it. Im very excited to start 2012 to change!
    amberwish and wizz587 like this.

  4. #4
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Hi,

    Welcome to the forum! As jay said this is a great place to get some great advice and a great support system to start off with. I have been on subs for almost 6 weeks or a little longer and it has helped me tremendously! I can not wait to be off of them and clean.

    Also as Jay said it is a holiday so be patient and someone will respond to you. I will tell you who is an amazing person to get in touch with that will help you more than you know. That is Robert. His screen name is Robert_325. He has been a tremendous help to me and has supported me the whole time. I am actually working with him on my taper plan since i am on subs but he can also help u if u decide to go another route. To me he is the best guy on this forum with some incredible knowledge about this disease. There are also many other wonderful people to talk with as well but i am just sharing my experience as i have been working with Robert.

    Hang in there. You will get through this. I am rooting fro you and if i can lend an ear please dont hesitate to post!

    God Bless you in this new year to come!

    Gina

  5. #5
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay44 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! The first thing I will tell u is that u & only u can want to get clean. There are many great people on here that can assist & guide u through recovery. It may be a bit slow this wknd bc of New Year's, but dnt panic someone will respond to u. I am almost a month clean with the help of suboxone. im currently taking 2mgs a day. I was using 200mgs of oxy a day or 10-15nocs & I can tell u it was alot harder for me to get off oxy than anything else but u can do it. Ur not taking that much. I would suggest continue to taper down & drop each time u feel stable, usualy every 4-5 days. I would also check out the thomas recipe as it can greatly help with withdrawl symptoms. Have a great wknd & keep posting.
    Jay ..... Hi my friend I hope that your weekend is going great! You said something in this post that caught my attention. You mentioned that you are almost a month clean with the help of the Subs. I don't want to bring you down, or give you any horrible news, or make you mad at me, but some DO NOT consider a person to be clean if they are still using the Subs. I do not as well.

    The Subs are actually an opiate themselves and although they work differently, they are still considered to be "using" by many. You will get arguments both ways on this forum, but many lean on the "not clean" side my friend.

    I took my last Narcotic Pain Pill on March 8, 2011 and finished the Subs on July 15, 2011. I went about 1 month before deciding to use the Subs. I don't consider myself clean from the March date, but rather the July date instead! That's my choice and my desire, and it may be different with some of the others.

    I am not judging you either way, only wanting to make certain that you understood the Subs to be an Opiate! Have a great day and a safe and Happy New Year as well. God Bless.....Denny

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Thanks for your response Gina. I thought about trying suboxone and a friend of mine is on it but I think this time I'm very serious and want to just try to stop.. For good! I know I'm going to feel bad for a few days (at least) but I am going to push myself through it. I think my dose is low enough that I hope the WD won't be too severe. I will keep posting and update on how it's going.
    amberwish likes this.

  7. #7
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    I am proud of you!

    you can do this and you keep posting and i will be there rooting you on! Way to go! Keep the faith and trust the process. the worst will be over soon with the physical withdrawls.

    Gina
    amberwish likes this.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Thanks. I know it may sound silly, but even saying No to getting an Opana today made me feel good. It did cross my mind "it's NYE and you can just get one" But then I decided No. That's not going to help you or move you forward. If anything I'd just feel worse. I'm going to delete his number and not respond from here on out to him. Made me mad he even called after I told him I really wanted to stop. I guess he didn't take it seriously. :/
    GOLDA55 and amberwish like this.

  9. #9
    killthepain is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Ready,

    If you really want to stop, you are going to have to let the person you are getting the pills from out of your reach. Loose his phone number, tell them not to stop by your house. Going thru withdrawls is not easy. I have done it myself, only to find out how much pain I still really have, and whether I still need the meds. I was off pain meds two different times, once for 9 days, and once for 6 days. Neither of these times was an easy thing. Actually it was pure hell. But after the physical withdrawls left me, I was in still in alot of pain, so I went back on the meds. I do want to be able to stop the pills, but I cant take the pain. I am prescribed these meds, so it is not like I am buying off the streets.

    If u do not have pain issues, you are doing the right thing. Just think about how much you are lying to people and how much money you are spending. I do not know what they go for on the streets, but I am imagine it is not cheap. You really need to NOT be able to make a simple phone call to get pills. You need to tell yourself in a week or so you will be feeling better and you do not need the pills.

    I wish you all the best in getting clean. Only you can do this. Loose your connection to the pills. Hang in there.
    ready4change12 likes this.

  10. #10
    4ME4ONCE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    N. TX
    Posts
    41

    Default Congrat's Ready!

    Just jumping in here with my support for you too...WAY TO GO turning that down and YOU ROCK! Quiting flat stinks...you do feel so crummy for a few days but it is a very short period of time to pay for getting your true self back...and to me it is going to be SO worth it. I hit the 72 hour mark pretty soon...Thursday at 2:30 in the afternoon I destroyed my pills and have been just pushing thru the withdrawals the best I can...but I am going to do this and get my soul back! Make this committment to yourself and go for it...you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by getting yourself clean and blasting into a brand new year being the best that you can be! I wish I were some expert that could give you some great remedies etc to help you...all I can offer is my support to you and to just tell you that you are in a great place and the time has never been better for you to jump into making yourself healthy, whole, and sober!! My sincere best wishes for your success and if I can be here to support or chat you thru a hard time..just holler!!
    Tee
    amberwish and ready4change12 like this.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I agree... I'm going to cut off all contact with him. I'm totally ready to get myself back. I used to be very out going and loved to be around my friends amd family. It got to the point where I secluded myself away from many. I spent so much time revolving days around where I'm going to get my pills and also anxious if I ran low. I feel happy for once that I'm finally accepting this and ready to take the steps for change. I'm down to the 1/2 of the 30 perc (15perc) left. I'm going to try to wait to do it before bed so I can hopefully sleep. I've tapered off from 4/day I used to do plus the Opanas at times. I already have felt some restlessness at night n kind of achy because I think I knocked my dosage I was using down quickly but it HAD to be done. Better NOW than never I get ahold of my life and find that fun, loving person I used to be
    amberwish likes this.

  12. #12
    Jay44 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    Jay ..... Hi my friend I hope that your weekend is going great! You said something in this post that caught my attention. You mentioned that you are almost a month clean with the help of the Subs. I don't want to bring you down, or give you any horrible news, or make you mad at me, but some DO NOT consider a person to be clean if they are still using the Subs. I do not as well.

    The Subs are actually an opiate themselves and although they work differently, they are still considered to be "using" by many. You will get arguments both ways on this forum, but many lean on the "not clean" side my friend.

    I took my last Narcotic Pain Pill on March 8, 2011 and finished the Subs on July 15, 2011. I went about 1 month before deciding to use the Subs. I don't consider myself clean from the March date, but rather the July date instead! That's my choice and my desire, and it may be different with some of the others.

    I am not judging you either way, only wanting to make certain that you understood the Subs to be an Opiate! Have a great day and a safe and Happy New Year as well. God Bless.....Denny
    Hey Denny, I know your not judging me. Maybe im wrong but my dr told me that subs are a narcotic but not an opiate. He said they will not show up on a standard drug test. Again, I may be wrong but I also asked the pharmacist abt that. I do hear people on here say, subs are an opiate replacement. I also thought that if u took 20mgs of subs & I gave u straight narcan, it would not have an effect bc subs aren't an opiate. Maybe im wrong, but any input would be appreciated.
    amberwish likes this.

  13. #13
    4ME4ONCE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    N. TX
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Absolutely...keep that mindset and get on with it! No since prolonging this any longer and the time has never been more right for us both to get clean and make the best of this new year! You are probably going to have some restless legs and maybe some sleep disruption for a few days...at least that has been what is troubling me the most right now...but I think it is just a part of the process and they say w/in a few days it will start to subside...so you just hang in there and be strong...as strong as you were when yous said NO to the drug...and remember...it is only temporary and will get better real soon!
    Best wishes to you...I'm right here in it with you tonight...I managed to get out and get a couple things done this afternoon and am back home before the crazy's get on the roads etc..I'm moving far too slow to be in the way of all that right now. Take care and be well!!
    Tee

  14. #14
    amberwish is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay44 View Post
    Hey Denny, I know your not judging me. Maybe im wrong but my dr told me that subs are a narcotic but not an opiate. He said they will not show up on a standard drug test. Again, I may be wrong but I also asked the pharmacist abt that. I do hear people on here say, subs are an opiate replacement. I also thought that if u took 20mgs of subs & I gave u straight narcan, it would not have an effect bc subs aren't an opiate. Maybe im wrong, but any input would be appreciated.
    I will give you some input. Your are doing absolutely amazing and if you consider yourself to be clean right now then you are clean. If down the road when sitting in an AA or NA meeting and you decide to change your clean date......from the time your stopped subbs instead of started them....your choice too. Your are doing f****** awesome! And keep it up!
    Amber
    GOLDA55 likes this.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Tee~
    I was also reading your story! Good for you!! You
    On day 3 now? Almost 4 right? That makes me very happy to see it CAN be done! Since I've been cutting back Ive had difficulty sleeping already and some aches but I know I'm probably in for more! Any suggestions with the restless legs? I know we can both get through this and I've began to pray already that I will stay strong & will also include you. I agree this is the best time to start. No better time than the present!!

  16. #16
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay44 View Post
    Hey Denny, I know your not judging me. Maybe im wrong but my dr told me that subs are a narcotic but not an opiate. He said they will not show up on a standard drug test. Again, I may be wrong but I also asked the pharmacist abt that. I do hear people on here say, subs are an opiate replacement. I also thought that if u took 20mgs of subs & I gave u straight narcan, it would not have an effect bc subs aren't an opiate. Maybe im wrong, but any input would be appreciated.
    Jay .... I think that I will stop right there buddy. I was only trying to get you to understand that SOME people do not consider those that take Subs to be clean and that's all I meant and would like to say about that.

    Like Amber said, if you consider yourself to be clean, then so be it. No one, not I or anyone else can say that YOU are not if YOU believe yourself to be clean. I'm again NOT judging you at all my friend. And I am certainly NOT trying to open up a can of worms by my statement. No way Jay.

    You ARE doing awesome just like Amber also said. and please keep up the great work. I am always in your corner and want you to get totally clean as much as you do. I will help in any way that I can. I will comment on your thread from now on ok? I'm with you buddy. God Bless....Denny
    amberwish likes this.

  17. #17
    thunder50 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I take percocet also 3-4 a day for two years. I am trying to cut back but feel terrible , weak ,
    no sleep It is the hardest thing i have had to do i just cant keep giving in . I want to quit also in 2012 . Any advice anyone

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default Day1

    It's day 1 for me. 7:30 last night I vowed to be done with this nightmare forever. It only been 14 hours but even though I'm not feeling good today and didn't sleep well, I can honestly say this is the first morning I woke up and didn't run to the bathroom to get my perc to start my day. I used to think I could never start a day without it. While I do not feel well today, I'm so proud that I'm doing this. To Thunder... You can do it too. You were doing about the same amount as me. This all started for me about 2 years ago, and I'm just to the point where I'm done and do not want to continue to let this drug ruin or run my life anymore. Happy New Year! I couldn't be happier to mark this day as Day 1 of a new life for me!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Boy... If this doesn't make u feel like I never want to go back to where I was then I don't know what will. I def don't feel up for much today, but I did just drag myself outside for a walk. Was trying to watch a movie but I couldn't get comfortable. I just try to tell myself "this is just the drug, the addiction, the very problem that's been ruining my life escaping my body" It hurts but it wants me to hurt so I run back but not this time
    amberwish likes this.

  20. #20
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Readyforachange,

    Happy new Year and hang in there. It does get better! You can do this and i will be rooting you on. Stay as positive as you can. That is great you made yourself go for a walk. AWESOME! Keep it going! God Bless and all my love

    Gina

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Thanks Gina! I'm anticipating to meet my 24 hour mark. Im not looking forward to
    Tonights sleep (or the lack there will be) but it's worth it. In a sense I guess feeling bad will make me not want to return. I have to say this forum is helping me along. As I mentioned noone knows or should I say in past tense now knew about my addiction so there's noone at home or friends I can call to talk about this or to help me through. Thank you to everyone who's cheering me on! For others who may just be reading this forum, please know that I read it for over a week before I decided to join and take the next steps. Know that you can do it too!!

  22. #22
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    The same goes for me. I was sober 7 years in AA and went on a 2 week bender and my family or no one has no idea. I have 1 other person that knows but i have got so much strength an support from this site. I am proud of you for doing the cold turkey. I am down to .95 on my subs so i can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. You keep pushing through and you will do great! I am thinking about you and all my forums friends today!

    God Bless

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Bean222: I'm also cheering you on! Seems you have done great so far! Are you going to continue to taper down on your subs? How much longer do you think you have? That's great to be taking that step. A friend of mine takes two 8mgs daily for about two years. It just seems he takes them to not feel withdraws but then on weekends Ive seen him buying pills. I'm like??? Not judging him but seems as if he's abusing them just to help him with his withdraws from doing pills over the weekend, holiday, whatever maybe the reason. I haven't talked with him in a few weeks. He was closer to my ex who I left over a year ago but it seems you're doing them the right way! Good for you!

  24. #24
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Hi~

    Yes, i will continue to taper down on the subs. I started at 4mg about a month ago and i am now under 1mg at .95. I do another reduction on Tuesday to .70. It has been a great tool for me. Seems to me your friend is on a way to high of dose and if he is using pills in between that does not sound like a good thing. I too am not judging at all. I hope he/she will be ok. I am very proud of the steps you are taking as well. I should be done with my taper around mid January. i will taper down to .25 and then start the process of skipping days and then i will be done. So far so good. I am just staying positive and doing as Robert suggest. I do not anticipate any probelms coming up but if it did i know Robert would be right there for me. Keep in touch.

    How are you feeling this afternoon. I live in Alabama so i am not sure where you live but it is 4 my time.

    God Bless

    Gina

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I'm on the est time so it's 5:25 right now. I'm at my 22 hour mark!! Almost through my first day. I had a terrible headache, no appetite, muscle aches and over just irritable. I'm almost there though... End of Day 1! My stomach been upset but not too bad as some have described, but that may hit me worse tomorrow or tonight? I'm not sure. I will continue to post. It seems you def are on the right plan!! 2 more hours n counting down for the end if day 1....

  26. #26
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Proud of you! keep posting. i will be up late so if you need anything let me know and i will do my best to help you out. Even if its just some support and encouragement. You have done so well so far! keep it up my friend!!!

    Gina

  27. #27
    amberwish is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ready4change12 View Post
    Boy... If this doesn't make u feel like I never want to go back to where I was then I don't know what will. I def don't feel up for much today, but I did just drag myself outside for a walk. Was trying to watch a movie but I couldn't get comfortable. I just try to tell myself "this is just the drug, the addiction, the very problem that's been ruining my life escaping my body" It hurts but it wants me to hurt so I run back but not this time
    Keep up the good work Ready! This getting clean stuff is beyond tough! Just wait for the miracle because it will happen for you. Just know that its a vicious cycle it never gets better just worse. We chase that high that no longer exists for us! "We lost the right to chemical peace of mind" thats a fact! We end up taking those evil pills just to exist in society! I for one hate this disease, despise it! So hang it there!
    Amber

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default 24 hours met!!

    24 hours down!!! I'm very happy to be done day 1... But moving into Day 2 i am
    Starting to feel worse. Many aches. I tried the heating pack but then that made me too hot! Then I'm freezing with random chills. No sweats so that's at least good. Its almost 8:00 and not sure what sleeping will be like tonight... Exhausted but can't sleep... Moving into day 2 hopeful to continue to gain my life back
    amberwish likes this.

  29. #29
    amberwish is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    234

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by ready4change12 View Post
    24 hours down!!! I'm very happy to be done day 1... But moving into Day 2 i am
    Starting to feel worse. Many aches. I tried the heating pack but then that made me too hot! Then I'm freezing with random chills. No sweats so that's at least good. Its almost 8:00 and not sure what sleeping will be like tonight... Exhausted but can't sleep... Moving into day 2 hopeful to continue to gain my life back
    Have you looked at the Thomas Recipe? I recently purchased Hylands rls which is not on the recipe but.....its over the counter and it helps alot with the leg aches......which drive me insane! There are many things you can do to help you through this and make things just a little bit more comfortable (not much but a little).....good luck tonight and prayer always helps! Dont give in to this disease! You can do this!!!!!
    Amber

  30. #30
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Hi~

    I am totally with Amber. Do NOT give into the disease and she is right, there are other supplements you can take that can help you through this. I know i am rooting you on and i am positive Amber is too! Keep the faith and trust the process. You do not have much longer and then the physical yucks will be over! Stay strong! You are in my thoughts and prayers

    God Bless

    Gina

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22