Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amberharwell
Prescription Drug Addiction/Working on staying clean!
    amberharwell is offline New Member

Default Prescription Drug Addiction/Working on staying clean!

Hey everyone! I have been reading all the posts from years ago until now. Just wanted to share a little of my story. I was diagnosed with sarcoidiosis last March and there started my addiction to hydrocodone. I started out taking them like they were prescribed and then that didnt seem to be enough so I kept adding and adding. First of all I am married and have been with my husband (up until this point) for 10 years and married for 9. We have two children..a 9 and 7 year old. All summer the summer of 2011 I became more and more addicted. I started pulling completely away from my husband and my kids. The pills took completely over. My pulmonolgist was prescribing me 100-150 tabs a month and I would run out within a few days. I got it in my head that I didnt love my husband anymore and left. I started seeing someone else and the addiction just got worse because they did the same thing along with more. Finally in February me and the guy I was seeing got into a physical fight and I called my husband and he came to get me and we moved out of the state for us to start over. He knew everything I had done but yet he was still there to practically rescue me. I was completely off of everything until my disease reared its ugly head again and they gave me some more. 12 to be exact and Im refusing to let this take over my life again. Its just great to find people that have been through this mess with the drugs. Now Im not saying its all the medicines fault but I truly believe it clouded my judgement. Anyway Im sorry for being so long winded just wanted to share.
    bbga likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by amberharwell View Post
    Hey everyone! I have been reading all the posts from years ago until now. Just wanted to share a little of my story. I was diagnosed with sarcoidiosis last March and there started my addiction to hydrocodone. I started out taking them like they were prescribed and then that didnt seem to be enough so I kept adding and adding. First of all I am married and have been with my husband (up until this point) for 10 years and married for 9. We have two children..a 9 and 7 year old. All summer the summer of 2011 I became more and more addicted. I started pulling completely away from my husband and my kids. The pills took completely over. My pulmonolgist was prescribing me 100-150 tabs a month and I would run out within a few days. I got it in my head that I didnt love my husband anymore and left. I started seeing someone else and the addiction just got worse because they did the same thing along with more. Finally in February me and the guy I was seeing got into a physical fight and I called my husband and he came to get me and we moved out of the state for us to start over. He knew everything I had done but yet he was still there to practically rescue me. I was completely off of everything until my disease reared its ugly head again and they gave me some more. 12 to be exact and Im refusing to let this take over my life again. Its just great to find people that have been through this mess with the drugs. Now Im not saying its all the medicines fault but I truly believe it clouded my judgement. Anyway Im sorry for being so long winded just wanted to share.

Glad you got your own thread started. You'll get lots of support this way. Also glad to hear you got rid of those 12 pills. You've got some clean time working for those who haven't seen your other posts. You should get involved in a support group like NA and make lots of meetings. Post often, listen to the people with clean time. Lots of us have been where you are. I used every drug known to man for 35 years, have almost ten years clean time now. There are others here with years of clean time and histories like yours, but there is hope as long as you don't use. Keep us posted how you're doing. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.