Please.. Need help! How do I help my husband?
    BrittStroud2012 is offline New Member

Angry Please.. Need help! How do I help my husband?

He has been prescribed lortabs, tremedol, & somas for 2 years now. He has ran out of his meds over a week early and has done nothing but puked and cryed. I have no idea how to help him. Obviously hes.. addicted.. right? We are on day 3 and its just getting worse. He was hit by a car 7 years ago and says his pain comes from that. That is why his doctor had him on all that pain meds. If anyone can give me on advice on how to ease his pain.. or just anything to help me please let me know I have no experience with this. Thanks.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Britt it does sound like he may be addicted does he want to stop using opiates? Dog

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrittStroud2012 View Post
    He has been prescribed lortabs, tremedol, & somas for 2 years now. He has ran out of his meds over a week early and has done nothing but puked and cryed. I have no idea how to help him. Obviously hes.. addicted.. right? We are on day 3 and its just getting worse. He was hit by a car 7 years ago and says his pain comes from that. That is why his doctor had him on all that pain meds. If anyone can give me on advice on how to ease his pain.. or just anything to help me please let me know I have no experience with this. Thanks.
    Hi Britt,

Welcome to the forum! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Can you please give the great people here some more information? Things like how many milligrams he is taking, how much he is taking at a time, and also how much is he consuming daily.

Any additional info you can provide will go a long ways to help others here provide you with the best possible suggestions and advice. You will also get a huge amount of support here as well. I found that out personally! You take care and hang in there. Post often when you feel the need to talk it out. Someone will always be here for you. Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Britt,

One thing did catch my eye though. You mentioned he was hit by a car 7 years ago, but has been using these drugs for the last 2 years? Was there another reason he started using 2 years ago, or was it the 7 year old injury that began to give him problems again? Just curious is all and I'm sure the others will have the same question for you. Was he basically "pain free" for those 5 years in between? Just asking is all. I know you said he says it's from the accident. Take care of YOU!

Hugs,
    Karen