Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Please help me with opiate detox NO ENERGY
    kyleag89 is offline New Member

Default Please help me with opiate detox NO ENERGY

Hello everyone. I have been taking hydrocodone and oxycodone for a little over two years now. I take between 50 and 70mgs a day of oxy. It is ruining my life and I cannot hold a full time job! I need to detox asap and get my life back on track. Last week I tried detoxing, I tapered down to 1 10mg pill a day then didn't take any pills for 4 days. Well it was a living hell and I am now back on the pills. I seem to be experiencing the complete opposite detox symptoms of anyone else. I have searched here and on google for days and haven't had any luck.

My main problem while trying to detox is not having any energy. I have such a lack of energy that I can't even get out of bed to eat or shower! I have NO problem sleeping, in fact thats all I can do is sleep. I seem to be awake for only 6-8 hours of the day. The entire time I am awake I feel like I was up all night drinking hard booze and have a severe hangover.

I am looking for some advice, has anyone else out there experienced similar conditions? When I take pills they give me unbelievable energy and don't make me groggy like most people. I feel like superman when I have a couple pills in me. I was looking into maybe trying 5 HTP because I heard it may help boost my energy levels?? I am also trying to get a drug assessment from a local clinic in hopes of receiving suboxone or some other kind of help.

NoMoreOxy is offline Senior Member

Hello kyleag89.

Welcome to the board. You've definitely come to the right place. My experience has been at that dose, your energy will return around day 6-7 of zero pill use. Everyone is different, but most people report major improvement starting around day 5 and most symptoms greatly decreased in 2 weeks. I personally felt great after 2 weeks.

Keep going and stay strong. You need a little more than 4 days to see a light at the end of the tunnel. It sucks! We all know. You feel really bad. We've been there. Just stick with it. You can get through this.

Good luck to you!

NMO

lilbay is offline New Member

I have also dealt with no energy when i reached a point in detox.
    Possibly you went down too fast.
    Taking it Slowly i have found has been the best method for myself and several friends.

For instance
    you state you are on 70mgs a day
    so take 60 mgs a day for a week if you are not having any real issues then go down to 50 stay at 50 for two to 3 weeks and go down to 40 for another 3 to 4 weeks take it down to 30 stay there a month and then down to 20 etc etc You may need to stay on 20 for a month and a half maybe 2 months then down to 10 and well off you go after a month or two.

Mind you while doing this it is important to try and eat well cutting back on carbs raising veggies and fruits.
    Also taking vitamins a good multi vitamin as well as extra Vit B 12 and a B complex that will include the other B vitamins
    Vit D Fish oil.
    Try adding in exercise if nothing more then a walk each day for a block or two. Just be sure to get out and make sure to do it each day Make yourself even when you do not feel like it.
    Also our own thinking can be our worse enemy. we are taught through our lives a pattern of thinking and we grow to turn to that every time we hit a rough patch in our lives.
    Start keeping a journal of positive thoughts. Put up little printed verses you like or quotes onto your mirror. sounds silly but it has proven helpful.
    Also cut caffeine and if you can stop smoking if you smoke.

Also find some folks who do not use to chat and hang with. Go to NA (there are some online groups ) Also joining a online group like In the Rooms a online site that is full of folks in recovery.
    Good Luck
    dedicateddaddy likes this.

pgcc is offline Member

I have detoxed off oxycodone several times. It takes two weeks to really feel like yourself again. The first 4-5 days are the worst but you won't feel right for about 14 days. Then you will wake up one day and be fine. You went back to the oxys too soon. You need to give yourself 2 weeks. However, staying clean is the big problem and one I never solved. You think getting through that horrible pain is the hard part; its not, staying off is the hard part. If you don't change your friends, change your habits(go to a gym and work out that does wonders), and change your thinking you will relapse. I'm not a big meeting person but I havent stayed clean either so maybe meetings are the way to go. I'm going to try them this time anyway. Also you said you jumped off on 10mgs, you should probably half the pill(5mgs) then quater the pill(2.5mgs) before stopping.
    Last edited by pgcc; 07-05-2012 at 03:58 AM.

I have an apointment with a drug and alcohol clinic Tuesday. They are going to perform an assessment for free and see what its going to take to help me out.

Comeback Kid is offline Senior Member

Please for all that is good and kind, do NOT let them put you on Suboxone for 50-70m lortab habit. You can knock that out of the park CT. You just have to want to be done with them. Good Luck.
    toni.s. and surfdog like this.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?”
    Do tomorrow what you did today, you get tomorrow what you got today
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm CST)

needhelp623 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Kid View Post
    Please for all that is good and kind, do NOT let them put you on Suboxone for 50-70m lortab habit. You can knock that out of the park CT. You just have to want to be done with them. Good Luck.
    Agreed!!! That is a very mild habit even though in your eyes its horrible, which is a good thing .knowing you have a problem is the first step. If your able to comfortably get yourself down to 1/2 pills a day I would seriously reconsider going on subs. They'll turn into a much more powerful addiction. im also tryin to taper but from alot more than a few vics a day. Honestly i wish o had your habit, to me getting back down to where you are woupd be amazing so just know your in a decent spot to turn this around before its actually out of control.

My addiction is a lot worse than it sounds like on here. When I get myself down to 1 pill a day it is just to keep me from getting severe headaches and body pains for about an hour. I still cannot function or even get out of bed. When I say I take about 70mg a day that is the min and I could easily take 140mgs a day. I am starting a new job Monday which is a siding and window installation job so it is VERY physically demanding. I am currently working on buying $500 worth of pills to make it through til my first paycheck. I went to the appointment last Teusday and they can't provide me with the help I need. It is just a free state run program that councils you. Basically just a psychiatrist to talk to. The only thing they could help me with is a 30 day rehab which I cannot afford to be out of work for 30 days!

My long term plan is to work for the next 90 days to get my health insurance and see a real doctor. I am hoping a doctor can provide me with better help or some kind of sub or other meds to help with my energy issues. If I could function and do my job without opiates than I wouldn't have a problem not taking them.
    Last edited by kyleag89; 07-13-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    yoges likes this.

xFaithx is offline New Member

>> Kyle- i'm new to post here, but have read thousands of posts various
    > threads. You really have come to a good place.
    >> I TOTALY feel you with the extreme and debilitating fatigue issue. I do
    > not think it is fair of anyone to minimize another's reality, by assuming
    > "It cant be thaaat bad...your habit isnt anywhere near mine....etc"
    >> We are all physiologically and psychologically built so uniquely in
    > chemistry to begin with, so its hard for anyone to truly realize another's
    > baseline let alone, to then apply something as complex as a body and mind
    > structurally altered by opiates...makes it even more difficult to acertain
    > between iatrogenic causes for pain/fatigue/anxiety/depression and
    > underlying health issues. It is only possible to know, if we shed ourselves
    > of the "veil" of opiates. Soo much easier said than done.
    > Not a single soul, that has not endured a life effected by opiates, can or
    > will ever understand. Thats why so many end up here.
    > Many report similar symptoms from opiate withdrawal, but even with our
    > individual realities, perceptions and feelings being so subjective, its
    > easy to forget how unique we all are, when thrown into the starkly
    > objective and black and white process of opiate withdrawal hell. We all
    > have a serious and life altering commonality that in many ways instantly
    > bonds us, in this quest for freedom from, the shackles of opiated inprisonment.

I wish everyone had supports in place, readily available to help us do the simple things, so many take for granted.

I think you are on the right path, in seeking medical treatment. Severe fatigue that keeps even the most ambitious or hardworking people down, isnt normal. You may find with routine blood work, that whatever imbalancelevel or deficiency you likely havestop may be easily remedied with temporary medication or diet alteration. Most if not all, on opiates as well as those in severe pain, become adrenally fatigued.

Suboxone or buprenorphine can allow some time to heal and get some peoples addictive lives re-organized and on the right path, and does in fact allow many to feel like they did when at a pre opiate state -energy levels often go up (even though bupe is an opiate) its the partial agonist effect, and its unique process and structure that allow some a smoother transition off of opiates. It is a short lived feeling, and taken at too high a dose, inducted and stabilized incorrectly (as it usually is....tsk tsk doctors) it can quickly become a gorilla on your back as opposed to the monkey you previously lugged around. Do your homework, be informed, and definitely consider that most doctors are naive and reckless in bupe prescribing techniques, out merely for the profit - not to help you. Bupe should largely be used short term, and in micro dosing. Some with lifelong histories may very well need maintenance for life. Once pickled, ya can never go back to being a cucumber.

Sounds like you only have a toe in the brine, that is good news!!
    Stay strong, do what is best for you, but if your only desire for taking opies is to stave off crippling fatigue, do do place creedence in what others including myself have shared.
    Try to find if there is a medical reason, that is an underlying cause for your fatigue, that may be treated without using bupe. Its a huuge deal, seriously potent stuff with serious consequences. I realize I may be preaching to the choir, and that you may know all of this already.

Atleast know, you're not alone.
    Wishing you, and everyone fighting the fight for our lives and minds -. All of the best.
    stay strong. Be patient, stay positive. It took a while to become this ill - its going to take just as long, if not longer, to get better.

Hugs to all,

Faith

Kyle,

I remember my first detox at age 25. I thought I had the flu, or had food poisoning or some tropical disease. I was nauseous, achy and could barely take a shower I was so weak. Your "energy issues" are called opiate withdrawl. You cannot "manage" this problem into nonexistence. The good news is you came to a good place for information, you are relatively young, and your habit is still at a level that you don't have to devote MONTHS to taper and detox, you should be able to do it in weeks. Step one- cut your dose...slowly, deliberately, consistently take less opiate medications. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ONE FOR THE OTHER or change anything else. You don't have to do anything other than cut your dose. Step two- when you get below 30mg. you can quit entirely. You probably need to take a week off of work, but that's the cost of having a drug problem and needing to detox. If you can't take time off of work, just wait until you lose the job. Trust me, that is going to happen. Step three, when you get sick call the NA hotline in your area and get to a meeting. Listen carefully. When it's your turn to share just tell everyone that you are currently in withdrawl and need help. Then sit back and try to relax.

You don't need a doctor, you don't need health food, you don't need therapy (yet), you don't need health insurance, you need to cut your dose, detox, and go to an NA meeting, listen and share. It works.
    OneDayAttaTime likes this.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Hi Kyle,

I'll give you the link to the Thomas Recipe. It has lots of vitamins and supplements that will help as you detox. I might suggest that you not take the benzo's that are suggested until you talk to your doctor first. Don't need another addiction on top of the one you have.

And I agree with Comeback Kid that you don't need subs for your addiction most likely unless it is only as a LAST resort. Do everything in your power to stop cold turkey or taper first before ever considering suboxone. The link is below and it should be of great benefit to you in your efforts. Best wishes to you!

Hugs,
    Karen

The Thomas Recipe
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html <-----click!
    surfdog likes this.

QueenOfDenial is offline New Member

Hi Kyle... I soooo agree with the other suggestions to not go down the Suboxone path. It may sound like a quick fix but in reality, you are trading one addiction for another. At some point, you'll need to come off the Suboxone, and you basically are right back where you started.

Just from my personal experience, tapering is the best way to go. The general rule I tried to follow, and it worked OK, was to start with spacing out the time you take your pills if you are on some sort of routine now. Like if you normally pop a couple every 2 hours, try to make it 4 hours. I know some people stretch this schedule out for months and that's fine, whatever works for each person. Just for me, I would stay on the same dosing schedule for about 3 or 4 days, then add another 2 hours (or whatever you can tolerate and hey it might be longer) to my dosing schedule, and continue for 3 or 4 days, and bump down again.

I think the big thing I had to keep reminding myself was that no, this probably wasn't going to be 100% painless and comfortable. The body takes a beating, especially because with the extra energy the pills give you, you're probably running yourself a little ragged when you're using. During the detox process I had to totally change my mindset from "getting that energy" to "making it thru". I took the pills during detox only to stop me from being sick, and only enough pills to keep the worst heebies jeebies away. If that makes sense.

As far as the energy... be patient, even tho that's so hard. You have been running around for 2 years, and your body needs some time to catch up. It WILL happen, I promise you. It just may not happen in the time frame you would like. If your body says to sleep, then sleep. Be nice to youself, and just do whatever you gotta do to get thru it.

It's a process... the key for me was not to change the plan once I started, no cheating, no doubling up, or I was going backwards. I believe that you can do this and I send you courage, strength and patience. Before you know it, youll be drug free and ready to explore the next part of your life. Take good care and good luck to you.
    Last edited by QueenOfDenial; 07-26-2012 at 02:21 AM.
    raingage and Barrett1966 like this.

mistaclean is offline New Member

I half agree with the not going on suboxone, ive detoxed off of oxycodone before, and now off of suboxone, and let me say that suboxone, for me, is infinitely harder to get off. On the flip side though, suboxone got me away from the life and the people constantly trying to shove opiates down my throat, and helped me become psychologically ready to be off of drugs, because suboxone for me made me stop craving opiates(although i just started to crave suboxone) but the fact is i use to dream about pain pills every night back when i was really bad into the opana's and oxycodone 30's. suboxone helped me get my ducks in a row before jumping back to normalcy. so its hard to say, if you can do it, try not to go on suboxone. but it can be helpful, you just have to be strong enough to quit it when its time to quit.

sonny6013 is offline New Member

I read somewhere that it takes your brain a few months to bounce back chemically. I went through my week and did relapse, not terribly, but am totally done now. My main problem is lethargy and lack of motivation. I am hoping its more the relapse than the couple month thing. Thought the week was it but its looking like more than that.

NurseG1231 is offline New Member

Hi, I'm new here. I need support to stop taking Hydrocodone. I really hope someone will reply. I am a 56 yr old woman that has been addicted for about 5 yrs. and I'm going to start to taper off tomarrow. I really need a support group because we don't have NA in our town. I have read the previous posts and noticed that they are not recent but hopefully I will hear from ya'll. I take 8-10 tabs of 10mg. Hydrocodone daily. The withdrawals CT are horrible. If I am not successful then I am going to check myself into a rehab so I can recieve meds. to relieve the withdrawals. When I get off these, I will never go back. They have ruined my life. I had a career and quit my job 2 yrs ago. I've worked all my life. 2 yrs. ago I became so antisocial. I never want to leave my house, I don't want to see anyone, I don't bath, I don't keep Dr's appts., I don't visit my family anymore, I have severe nightmares and panic attacks and depression. I pray that after I quit that my depression will go away and my motivation will return. I started abusing the Hydrocodone because of depression. I've tried all types of antidepressants but they did not help but even with my depression I could function before I became addicted. I use to go antiqueing, go on vacation with my husband and grandchildren, go to festivals, and took pride in my appearance up until 2 yrs ago when I fell apart. I do none of these things now because I have sit in the same spot on the couch every day for 2 yrs watching westerns. I feel like I've let my family down because I don't contribute anything anymore. Why would I wait until I was in my 50's to become addicted? I'm not the same person I was. I'm so sad and don't know if I will ever feel better. I'm afraid the chronic use of the Hydrocodone has damaged my brain. I will check back here tomarrow to update anyone that may be following this thread.

stayingtough is offline Junior Member

Dear nurseG1231,
    First off..before you start your detox...CONGRATS!! Really does take a lot to admit to your problem and ask for help!! I can tell you this and only from my own adventure with this horrible problem. No doubt the first few days suck..but stick with it...it DOES get better! Stock up on pepto,vitamins and something to help you sleep. Tell yourself you have the damn flu. YOU GOT THIS!! You CAN do this!!! I promise you after the first week or so you will feel a ton better. Not back to your old self, but better. Guilt seems to really have a hold on you..and that my friend comes with being an addict BUT you have to stop beating yourself up. Hell, at least you are ready to do something about it right?? I could never understand why I never ever did drugs a day in my life but got hooked on hydrocodone like no tomorrow. It can happen to anybody!!! I do not have medical advice for you..but I WILL be here for you to just chat to. You got this girl.

berkeley1957 is offline New Member

Default You are not alone

So many of us have been through this NIGHTMARE, as people have said we are all different. I was injected with 10 ml of MORPHINE EVERYDAY FOR 3 MONTHS. And was sent home with no warning about what was going to happen to my body withdrawing. I would say to anyone don't DO IT ON YOUR OWN, USE VALIUM TO WITHDRAW WITH... TELL YOUR DOCTOR WHAT YOU WANT TO DO..... What I'm saying is its all up to you ....but My suggestion is to set up a support network before you detox.. There is no other way of saying it FOR ME DETOXING FROM ALL THAT MORPHINE WAS THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER BEEN THROUGH IN 55 YEARS.

feignamour is offline New Member

I'm new to the site but I've been following threads for a year trying to get ready for sobriety. Today is my 8th day off of suboxone. I was doing 150 mg of roxys a day and then went to a bundle a day for a year. I bought 8 suboxen strips off somebody and they lasted me a few months. I finally hopped off when I was down to cutting the strips to barely nothing. The withdrawl was aweful but it gets better. I used the thomas recipe and it helps greatly along with being honest to the ones you love. For energy I find that if I take .75 of a xanex and drink a 5 hour energy shot It counteracts the jitteriness and restless feeling. You really need to push your self to start activities. I know its hard but everyday gets better!! I will never touch another opiate again.

Barrett1966 is offline New Member

Hi Kyle, hang in there. I too, have done the ol' suboxone trick to ease withdrawl off of opiates (I was up to about 10-20 norco 10MG a day) plus any combo of maybe an additional morphine or whatever I could find, NOT pretty. I got some subutex from a "friend" and he told me all about it etc, that I had to wait to feel in withdrawl before I could take etc. Which I did. BUT, I soon after a couple weeks started a new addiction to subutex. It did give me the same "high" as far as conquering the world and having tons of energy to get through the day but it became hard to get after awhile using the means I had *(streets) and soon I had to eventually detox off of it and it was just as bad as the opiate withdrawal maybe worse because subs stay in the system a ling time due to their long half life. I finally made it out of everything, when I detoxed off the subs I had access to 20 vicodin which I took only a couple each day and it helped the wymptoms a little but eventually the lack of energy issue kicked in. I know this all too well and can only suggest NOT going on to Subs and to simply bite the bullet and follow the Thomas receipe as well as stay active. I'm at week 2 rifght now and feel great other than the lack of enerygy myself but I'm able to go outside and on a drive etc. as the stomach ickys have passed, THANK (insert higher power of choice here)!! I'm very energetic anyway so it's hard for me to do it all on my own without the boost of an opiate but the reward is that I got through the biggest hell and this should be a cake walk comparatively. Good luck but my advise is not to go on anything....you're simply changing one addiction for another. I knowthis all too well I"ve done it serveral times over about 10 years. I'm done. I took my life back, do the same for you and yours. Peace.

B

windy gurl is offline New Member

Get on suboxone..i was also a opiate addict and suboxone helped me tremedously..good luck..

amybahena is offline New Member

Wow..i know how hard and how never ending wothdrawl can be and it sucks..and if noone around doesnt understand ir can get worse psychologicallly fornsomeone after 10 uearsnon lain meds i decided to go the methadone route to no avail...it worked for 6 months to get me awaybfrkm all mynown friends but i still felt like i was loaded alk the time considering i was on a srtonger medicatikn ifnyou not on >>>>>> its not a good chioce but suboxone has been a godsend....it in itself is a drug all in its own light but the difference is i have found that i dont have cravjngs it seems to give me a ton of energy and pulled me out a fumk that ive.had for years..very mood lifting to be able.to take care of mynl family.and not feel.dopey doing it...it works geeatnfor me..my husband of 7 montjs who go me into the idea tjat i shouldnt bnon that >>>>(he doesnt believe in pain meds hes from mexico amd believs theee arenotjer routes to healing) i believe it nowninhave a broken neck and many other problems but yet i can control my pain on siboxone it took me immediately outta withdrawl in 10.minite but you must be in at least moderate wd to take it and you meed to be honest or itll throw you into a wd u will never forget..but if you cant kick on your own and are about to give up its worth a try and yes u can get off of it and if u do it right it wont b as painful as everyone posts but babysteps and if u need to be on it forever to maintain sobriety i wouldnt judge anyone for that either it whatever will keep everyone sober and away from all the damn hydro percs and oxy and having to run out every month medicaid covers it.....i hope i helo.some p see a bitnl of light at the end of the tunnel a lot may.disagree but this is just worked for me i just hope i gave someone a way out of the abyss without going back to the cycle of getting their meds running out wd and feeling like >>>> iwouldnt go back to that if you paid me it sucked and no i suk at texting on a cell so sorry if im hard to. Understanfld

Allsmiles247 is offline New Member

I feel you are so brave, coragious, and willing which is so important. I am on my 3rd detox to get off opiates. I was unable to do cold turkey, my hats off to anyone that does but I suffered such bad hallucinations, diarrhea, vomiting/nausea, stomach pain, sweating, anxiety, and a seizure that landed me in med detox and on suboxone, THANK GOD. My detox gives 3 days worth only and tapers you quickly. Everyones experience is different, I personally feel you have to do whats best for you and whatever your inner voice is telling you to do. If that means using med for detox under supervision, seek that out. I dont agree with buying it off someone, this disease will want you to keep your detox a secret so you wont get better. Its like childbirth, some can hang with that pain and others cant, they arent judged. You have to give up the control and what YOUR DISEASE wants you to do (keep using, keep secrets) in order to experience the weight lifted. I felt HUGE relief finally telling someone the first time and getting help. I didnt work the steps, I went to meetings and twice did it MY way and have relapsed, but Im ok with that because Im not ever going to give up on living clean!! I know there are a lot of opinions on sub treatment but I dont think we should judge those that use it, they are on their own journey, live and let live.

Trying2tuffup is offline New Member

Default If any one can do it I can do it

Hey everyone , unfortunate things leads sometimes to a very good results I was addicted to Pain killers for almost the last 10 years , codeine mainly but no oxy or heavy stuff , well it i was fine at first I was in control or that's how I thought , thought I could manipulate the dose I take , sometimes high doses and sometimes less , nut until I moved to Venezuela , where meds come cheap ad available for anyone , with no prescription needed , anyway few days ago the Pharmacies went dry because of disastrous economy in here , I went searching for the drug everywhere , luckily I couldn't find any and then reality strikes and realized I am addicted beyond imagination , today I found the meds but decided not to buy it , it's been 3 days since I have taken any pill of codeine , withdrawl was at worse today and hoping tomorrow it will get better , if not then the day after , regardless of the withdrawal symptoms I feel strong mentally that I am finally in control of this and I wouldn't want to go back to it ever again , it took me 10 years to notice that I was an addict , time to get my life on track and I wouldn't lie , 50% if my strength came from reading your posts guys , I really had great help from this thread and if anyone can do it , I can do it too ... Cold turkey with determination to never go back back again

Faded time is offline Member

For some people, drugs have a paradoxical effect, meaning that they do the opposite of what they should do. Although this tends to happen in children or older people, it can happen to a young adult or middle aged as well. For instance, demerol gives most people a feeling of euphoria. In me, it gives me a feeling of dysphoria.

I have come off of a couple of narcotics and the best thing to do is taper. I know it takes patence, and you probably want them out of your system yesterday, but tapering is much less painful and will actually take a shorter period of time because you won't keep giving in due to unpleasant withdrawl symptoms.

Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are shorter acting drugs, so the time it takes to get off those drugs will be shorter than if you were taking a longer acting drug like methadone. Go slow and steady, its worth the time.
    Faded time

shawn156 is offline Member

It's been several years since I have been on oxy and the withdrawal is the reason why I refuse to go back on them ever. I'd rather suffer in pain then put that stuff in me.
    My withdrawal lasted a full week. I barely slept for a week and then crashed on day 7,slept 18 hours,woke up and felt fine,like nothing had ever happened. But those 7 days were hell on earth and never again will I go on them.
    I have back problems and am off and on using vicodin,which right now I am somewhere in the middle since I took the last one Saturday,so I am withdrawal now. My Dr makes me come every 2 weeks to get a refill since the state I live in changed laws. I am considering if I can make it a few more days and the pain not be that bad,then maybe I should just stay off them and stop this 2 week w/d cycle I have been on for a few months.

val5446 is offline New Member

hello all, this is my first time on this site. I'm a 36 yr old, mother of the with a wonderful husband. I was addicted to vicodin 2 yrs ago and quit cold turkey, which threw me into a deep depression. I think it took a few weeks of wd but my husband finally got me on a great eating and exercise plan, the gym did wonders!! I did great, felt great, lost weight, quit smoking and even liked the way I looked!! at the time my husband and I were lucky enough to both be home and dedicated to it. all it took hot me too get back in vic was my back going out, they wanted to give me muscle relaxed but I had tried them before and they put me out for 3 days!! I had some vicodin, do I took one, it helped me sleep through the pain! that was a yr ago. I've been on vic 5/325- 10 pills a day for the past yr on and off. I realized that my month supply lasted me 10 days, so on thanksgiving I took half my dose (5pills a day), Friday, half dose as well. Saturday I took 4- 5/500 pills but took them in halves, then yesterday I only took 2- 5/500 (in halves)- wd has been tough but not as bad as autonomy cold turkey. insomnia is the worst. here is a twist.....I have tramadol and xanax. they are both the lowest dose you can get. I have taken the xanax as needed through the wd, and I've been taking 1 tramadol in the morning as I feel it helps keep my depression to a minimum. so once I get off the vic, is it going to be a struggle to stop the tramadol?? making myself go to the gym this morning!! I don't know if this is tmi but I'm also in pms mode right now so it intensifies everything. I'm. keeping myup and want it of this spiral!! any suggestions on how to better my taper would be appreciated. btw, you all are an amazing inspiration!!

val5446 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by shawn156 View Post
    It's been several years since I have been on oxy and the withdrawal is the reason why I refuse to go back on them ever. I'd rather suffer in pain then put that stuff in me.
    My withdrawal lasted a full week. I barely slept for a week and then crashed on day 7,slept 18 hours,woke up and felt fine,like nothing had ever happened. But those 7 days were hell on earth and never again will I go on them.
    I have back problems and am off and on using vicodin,which right now I am somewhere in the middle since I took the last one Saturday,so I am withdrawal now. My Dr makes me come every 2 weeks to get a refill since the state I live in changed laws. I am considering if I can make it a few more days and the pain not be that bad,then maybe I should just stay off them and stop this 2 week w/d cycle I have been on for a few months.
    hi there! I'm new to this site but thought I'd aplaude you for stepping up and making the change. my suggestion: sick with it, you are already in wd and prob will be just fine in a few days, why start over?? it can only get worse, is the wd every two weeks worth it? try getting out and doing excercize!! keep your mind preoccupied, cuz you know we always have the negative feelings on our mind when we are in wd. don't start again, exercise is great for back pain, I had literally no pain once I got into a goid workout plan. I'm heading back today, I'm the middle of wd, must be done!! also try sleepy time tea to help with night time restlessness and rls! good luck!

For me it doesn't seem to bad and never was much of a problem,but then again doing it as often as I am may be why. I have to runt o the bathroom a lot and my stomach is in knots over it and I sleep a lot but other then that my w/ds aren't as bad as others have been. BUT it is getting old. I keep telling myself I will not take to many and after a week and a half I am out.
    I am going through a divorce and I have self medicated the past month so that didn't help my cause any. I have to go to the Dr Thursday to get some test results and I am not getting a refill. By then I should be normal or really close to it. I still have back pain but I just need to learn to live with it. Staying on the pills will only cause further damage to my organs and I am already having some lung problems from smoking so long. Puts me at a very high risk of being dead before 50 if I keep the same pattern going. Thanks for replying

I hate to say it but I caved today at the Doctors office. He seen I was in horrible pain and told me that I need them and that he is 110% sure I am not abusing or an addict and I did tell him the truth that I took to many and ran out,reason I am in so much pain.

Next appointment he wants to try something else that might do me some good. At this point,I'm willing to ry anything as long as the pain goes away and I can sleep more then a few hours.

julesobj is offline New Member

Hi, I am looking for inspiration to tackle getting off super high daily dose of oxy's . How are you doing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast