Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ra421
percoset withdrawal / tapper questions pease help!!
    ra421 is offline New Member

Default percoset withdrawal / tapper questions pease help!!

ok so I will keep it short. I've been on percoset (without a doctor) for the last 6 months. I recently got fed up with taking them and I'm trying to stop. I started taking half of the 10MG twice a day but of course the last few weeks it needed up being 6 a day ... since Friday I've cut down drastically .. Friday took 3 total , Saturday I took only 2 (morning and night ) I'm defiantly going thru some withdrawals. the pills only give me about an hour of comfort , the reason I didn't do cold turkey is because I heard it can be dangerous ... I came clean with my wife and family and I am defiantly ready for some discomfort ... I understand there's no miracle drug and I know I don't want to go the suboxone route I've looked that up already... so my questions are.. am I just dragging out the withdrawal by not totally stopping? or will there be less symtoms because I cut down a bit? I understand the tapper I did isn't ideal but I'm fed up with these pills and want them out of my body ASAP. tomorrow (Monday ) I am seeing my doctor at nOon and after today I'm not taking anything . anyone have any helpful info or ideas please??? thanks in advance ..

shawn156 is offline Member

It's hard to go c/t,but with the dose you are/were on,w/d won't be really bad but you will get them. It's better to just stop if you can and go c/t. That way you get better faster and within a few days,you'll start seeing the change and feeling better.
    I was on Norco,couldn't kick it it for the life of me. I struggled,done c/t 3 times in 6 months and the 4th time I done something different.I asked my Dr for Tylenol 3 with codeine. Within 7 weeks I was off norco and T3's. I have been clean just over a month now and I have not had any cravings for anything and my w/d's were very mild. I'm not saying this will work for you,it did take me almost a month to adjust to the T3'sand I was taking 1/2 norco and 1 T3 4x a day and tapered down the norco to T3 only and then tapered off the T3. I can write out somewhat of how I done it if you feel this will help you.Some people struggle coming off a hard pain pill and need a weaker opiate to taper down to and then jump off of.
    Good Luck

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ra421 View Post
    ok so I will keep it short. I've been on percoset (without a doctor) for the last 6 months. I recently got fed up with taking them and I'm trying to stop. I started taking half of the 10MG twice a day but of course the last few weeks it needed up being 6 a day ... since Friday I've cut down drastically .. Friday took 3 total , Saturday I took only 2 (morning and night ) I'm defiantly going thru some withdrawals. the pills only give me about an hour of comfort , the reason I didn't do cold turkey is because I heard it can be dangerous ... I came clean with my wife and family and I am defiantly ready for some discomfort ... I understand there's no miracle drug and I know I don't want to go the suboxone route I've looked that up already... so my questions are.. am I just dragging out the withdrawal by not totally stopping? or will there be less symtoms because I cut down a bit? I understand the tapper I did isn't ideal but I'm fed up with these pills and want them out of my body ASAP. tomorrow (Monday ) I am seeing my doctor at nOon and after today I'm not taking anything . anyone have any helpful info or ideas please??? thanks in advance ..

At the dose you're on I would suggest that you just suck it up and cold turkey. You'll be over this in a matter of days. And there is NOTHING dangerous about doing this cold turkey. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

guys,,. thank you for your quick responses .. I think the anxiety is playing a huge role in this .. I mean I feel cold sweats and chills and running to the bathroom but I can feel a lot of this is mental. I will just go CT tomorrow or hopefully tonight if I fall asleep ... so guys. in your estimation and believe me I know everyone is different but u say a few days is that like 3-4? or 8-9 .. also anything I can do/ eat / drink to speed up the process ..? I read people swear by amodium but wouldn't that just be keeping the stuff in my body that I'm trying to get out? so for all the questions just a little confused.. thanks again.

anybody out there? lol well it's been about 50 hours since last dose and oddly last night I felt pretty good for about 3 hours. even slept decent. but I woke up and felt pretty bad today.. wondering if I am coming out of this being that I cut down so much since Friday.. or am I in for worse?
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-22-2012 at 03:18 PM.

^bad. sorry

anybody out there? lol well it's been about 50 hours since last dose and oddly last night I felt pretty good for about 3 hours. even slept decent. but I woke up and felt pretty ?????? today.. wondering if I am coming out of this being that I cut down so much since Friday.. or am I in for worse?

Usually the worst is around day four. By day five, sometimes earlier like day four, things start getting a little easier each day. Main thing is DON'T USE NO MATTER WHAT! If you do then you are just prolonging your agony. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Robert .. thanks !! there's no possible way I will use. I flushed what I had and never ever looking back...Im confused on what day I'm at since I cut back so much for 3 days before the last dose .. either way I'm guessing I'm into my third day right now.. 2:30 pm Tuesday last dose Around 10Am Sunday. so well see how it goes from here.. thanks again

Robert .. thanks !! there's no possible way I will use. I flushed what I had and never ever looking back...Im confused on what day I'm at since I cut back so much for 3 days before the last dose .. either way I'm guessing I'm into my third day right now.. 2:30 pm Tuesday last dose Around 10Am Sunday. so well see how it goes from here.. thanks again

I would be shocked if in another day or two you don't start feeling like a new person. It will get a little better each day, just have patience and don't give in! God bless.

so last night I felt better earlier than the night before... that cold feeling on my face was gone and I was able to do things almost normal.. oh and I ate like a pig lol not bad foods but a lot of food, and was also able to keep every bit of it in me! (no amodium). sleep was tuff my ankles were killing me but besides that I felt ok slept 6 hours and woke up right back in pretty bad WD.. is this a sign of coming out of it? or a huge set back ?

You're almost there! Don't give in. Hold on another day or two and I assure you that you'll start seeing a huge difference. Don't stop right before the miracle happens and you're almost there. Hang tough! God bless.

no possible way in life I'm stopping now! lol .. I'm going to try and take a walk in a few and keep busy around the house. I took the rest of the week off of work and don't have to go back till next wed!! hopefully today or tmro I can get up and wash my car .. bought a brand new car while all this madness was going on and I probably never enjoyed it the way I should.. I also got married a month ago with a huge NY wedding , i know I enjoyed that but I'm guessing could hav been better sober.. either way there's no turning back only looking forward from here .thanks Robert for all your help . I've been reading for days your doing something really good here and should be very proud to be helping people everyday.. will check in later .. thanks again !
    Robert_325 likes this.

so it's 2 pm feeling a lot better than this morning so thats a good thing.. and every day I'm feeling better earlier so that excites me... A lot lol... went for a walk with the dog not so nice here today in NYC but the weekend is supposed to be great so hopefully I'll be better than symtoms were a tiny tiny bit better this morning than last I guess that's a good thing for now I'm having spurts of good feelings. chills/goosebumps when I hear or look at photos or something good happens .. so I'm guessing this is good? any one get those or am I Imagining things lol

PS about 75 hours since last dose!

ok so it's about 93-94 hours now and I figured I'd give an update for anyone else out there going thru this .. I woke up this morning feeling 100 times better than yesterday.. A bit tired but I accutally feel asleep right away last night and slept thru the night .. I feel pretty good but I'm not going to over do it just it yet lol.. yesterday I took. 2 long walks I thi k that might be the key! .. I want to thank Robert and the rest of you for your comments and everything you've done ! will post tomorrow with an update !

ok so it's about 93-94 hours now and I figured I'd give an update for anyone else out there going thru this .. I woke up this morning feeling 100 times better than yesterday.. A bit tired but I accutally feel asleep right away last night and slept thru the night .. I feel pretty good but I'm not going to over do it just it yet lol.. yesterday I took. 2 long walks I thi k that might be the key! .. I want to thank Robert and the rest of you for your comments and everything you've done ! will post tomorrow with an update !

You're right on schedule. Wrapping up day four, every day will get a little better now. And the exercise is a big key to this. Now comes the tough part, STAYING clean! Remember that temptations ARE going to come along, there is no way to avoid it unless you become a monk in a monastary somewhere!

Remember that you have to vigilant, stay away from the old running buddies and places you hung out before. And you CAN'T use "just one." We are all pickles now and once you're a pickle you can never be a cucumber again! lol Sounds dumb, but if you think about it, then it makes perfect sense! You never have to use again. God bless.