Percocet overdose.
    Forethoughts is offline New Member

Default Percocet overdose.

Hello all, I have a question, if someone was taking 15 to 18 percocet 10mg/325 a day how many would they need to have taken to OD on these? I am very worried about the person in question.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Everyone is different. It's impossible to say. Sorry couldn't give you a better answer but that is the truth. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

recoverydefender is offline New Member

The person eating that many percs a day has a tolerance built up. Yes this is a cause for concern, but the BIG problem behind this that many people do not realize is the amount of acetaminophen in those tablets. If your friend is eating 15 pills at 325mg of ace. per pill, they are poisoning their kidneys, liver, etc with over 4875mg the stuff per day. A body can only take so much before it shuts down. I know people who have suffered from this and it is a serious problem, along with the addiction. The amount of deaths due to prescription drugs has skyrocketed in the past decade. My niece died last year of a O.D. that began with percocet. She was young, vibrant, and I never thought she would lose her life- BUT she did. Do something to help before it is too late.

blueopiate is online now Member

Recoverydefender,

I am very sorry to hear that.

What he says is true. My habit, when at it's worst, is a little higher then that. Somehow, my blood tests shows no problems, YET. But just because my body has taken thus far doesn't mean it won't quit in the near future nor does it mean another person could take even less and have complete liver failure. I think a lot has to do with how fast each persons body eliminates things. They give average guidelines I believe which are more than likely a good guide to follow.

Forethoughts is offline New Member

Default Thanks All

Thank You to all who gave some form of reply here to my question. We have tried to get the person in question some form of help but that is not happening on her own and our state does not really allow for any kind of commitment to a rehab without there being a Police matter or some other form of Doctors referral. IMO she is just taking far too many of these and has been for some time now, yet if you say anything to her she of course denies anything having been taken. Just recently I have found out that she is sniffing them somehow, but having never been into any kind of drugs other than a little grass when I was younger I am in unfamiliar area here.