Oxy detox and sub use
    Tarheel23 is offline Member

Post Oxy detox and sub use

Hello all aim new to doing anything like this so any help would be greatly appreciated !
    Iam 31 years old and after an injury a year and half ago i have become addicted to oxycodone.
    I was at around 30mg aday for a while but the past few months have gone up and down from 120-250 on and off every day
    I have tried two times to quit with not much success because of the anxiety and depression that i also deal with.
    I have a wonderful wife and good job so i know i need to do this more than anything!
    I took my last dose of roxycodone on thursday 6/21/12 at 8pm i waited 24 hrs with not much withdrawal then took 4mg of suboxone.
    next day Friday i took 2mg at 7am then 1 mg at 9pm.
    next day sat 1mg at 7am then 1mg at 9am.
    next day sunday morning took 1 mg at 7am.
    Iam not sure what i should do next or what the future will hold for me and its driving me crazy!!!
    Will i go through bad withdrawal net week after i stop the sub on monday ? i have no suboxone left .
    Thanks again for the help just need some support and advice .

Bostonjohn122 is offline New Member

My opinion to your question is you will probably go through some withdrawal unfortunitly. Suboxone works good when taken for several weeks and after that, I would taper down. I understand however that you do not have any left. My suggestion is to go to a doctor one who deals with addiction and can prescribe Suboxone and tell him your concerns and attempt to taper down as much as you can within a short time frame. All of us hate getting sick, but unfortunitly comes with the territory especially on un planned short notice. Sounds like you waited long enough even though you did not experiencei bad withdrawals to take your first sub. Everybody is different and you will see many posts on how long after your last use before starting your first dose of subs. I have found that 24hrs after your last use is safe but again I've heard Horrie stories of people waiting that long and still have p/w. good luck and God bless!!!!

Thank you for your reply... i am just trying to go the short term sub detox rout because going to a sub doctor is out of the question for me and i am scared to get addict to that to. like i said have tried to taper down since friday with thursday beginning my last time i took any oxy so i was hoping to bypass most of the worst withdrawals by only taking it short term like they do in some clinics. i know that the odds are against me since short term sub use has a track record for relapse but aim determined to stop using the oxy .

Sorry if i was not clear but my short term detox has gone like this so far.
    Thursday night last oxy
    24 hrs later.....
    Day 1. 24 hrs after last oxy use 4mg of sub
    Day 2. 2mg 7am and 2mg 8pm
    Day 3. 1mg 7am wich was today Sunday 6/24

Im not sure what to do next i have 4mg of suboxone left and don't know what to expect.
    any support/advice would be greatly appreciated .
    thanks again