Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By alleycat4714
  • 1 Post By alleycat4714
  • 1 Post By I_Hate_Suboxone
From Opiates to Celexa and Adderall Questions PLEASE Someone HELP

Default From Opiates to Celexa and Adderall Questions PLEASE Someone HELP

Hi,
    FIRST OFF. I LOVE THIS PLACE. IT HELPED ME SO MUCH GET OFF OPIATES.
    I quit opiates a year ago. It was the worst thing ever. anyhow. I am in a new situation.

I've been really really really depressed/stressed/anxiety. I'll be honest i never even believed in anxiety or depression. My life was alway pretty sweet and easy.

Now my life is wayyyyy harder in so many ways so my stress levels are through the roof every single day. I actually got to the point where i wasn't even functioning and having real physical symtoms(vomiting, dry heaving, and i even passed out a couple times). I switched jobs 4 times in one year and this just killed me and my wife hated me and she was pregnant and we have 2 kids already...... i was freakin out all the time.

My Dr got me on Celexa daily 40 mg. it's been 3 months. I actually can function again. Like i can get out of bed and get to work and take care of the things that need done. ALthough i was still having a hard time focusing... i'm a computer programmer so it takes alot of sitting and long trains of thought.

He also gave me klonopin for severe anxiety. which i have taken sparingly just when the actual physical symptoms come(not addicted)

after 3 months of celexa every day and klonopin as needed, i've been prescribed adderall 10 mg in morning 10 mg at lunch. Which i do believe reading more about it, and taking tests, i've had add my whole life.

SO HERE"S MY QUESTIONS (sorry for being long winded) and i'm pretty scared honestly.....

1.) what will the withdrawal be like coming off adderall? Is it comparable to opiate withdrawal. very scared about this.

2.) Is it safe to take this long term.

3.) If i do take it long term, will my body stop producing dopamine on it's own like with opiates?

4.) like what if you just take it once in a while like just on days i'm struggling at work?
    is this ok? or will i go through serious come downs and hangovers and withdrawals?

I wil say...the combination of celexa and adderall is really really helping me feel like the old me. That's what scares me. Like when and how do you get off it and is it gonna be hell cause i'll try to stop right now. I NEVER WANT TO GO THROUGH OPIATE WITHDRAWL AGAIN. or anything like it......

alleycat4714 is offline Junior Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by I_Hate_Suboxone_And_Opiates_Never_Ever_Again View Post
    Hi,
    FIRST OFF. I LOVE THIS PLACE. IT HELPED ME SO MUCH GET OFF OPIATES.
    I quit opiates a year ago. It was the worst thing ever. anyhow. I am in a new situation.

I've been really really really depressed/stressed/anxiety. I'll be honest i never even believed in anxiety or depression. My life was alway pretty sweet and easy.

Now my life is wayyyyy harder in so many ways so my stress levels are through the roof every single day. I actually got to the point where i wasn't even functioning and having real physical symtoms(vomiting, dry heaving, and i even passed out a couple times). I switched jobs 4 times in one year and this just killed me and my wife hated me and she was pregnant and we have 2 kids already...... i was freakin out all the time.

My Dr got me on Celexa daily 40 mg. it's been 3 months. I actually can function again. Like i can get out of bed and get to work and take care of the things that need done. ALthough i was still having a hard time focusing... i'm a computer programmer so it takes alot of sitting and long trains of thought.

He also gave me klonopin for severe anxiety. which i have taken sparingly just when the actual physical symptoms come(not addicted)

after 3 months of celexa every day and klonopin as needed, i've been prescribed adderall 10 mg in morning 10 mg at lunch. Which i do believe reading more about it, and taking tests, i've had add my whole life.

SO HERE"S MY QUESTIONS (sorry for being long winded) and i'm pretty scared honestly.....

1.) what will the withdrawal be like coming off adderall? Is it comparable to opiate withdrawal. very scared about this.

2.) Is it safe to take this long term.

3.) If i do take it long term, will my body stop producing dopamine on it's own like with opiates?

4.) like what if you just take it once in a while like just on days i'm struggling at work?
    is this ok? or will i go through serious come downs and hangovers and withdrawals?

I wil say...the combination of celexa and adderall is really really helping me feel like the old me. That's what scares me. Like when and how do you get off it and is it gonna be hell cause i'll try to stop right now. I NEVER WANT TO GO THROUGH OPIATE WITHDRAWL AGAIN. or anything like it......
    Adderall withdrawal is nothing like opiate withdrawal; physically, it's more like the opposite. I took it for several years, at 75 mg/day. It helped a lot with ADHD symptoms, but after awhile I noticed that if I didn't take it for a day, I had like no energy. I didn't like knowing that I couldn't work normally or exercise regularly without it. So I quit taking it. Mentally I was fine, no depression or anxiety. But it took a long time before I felt energetic again. That was about 8 1/2 mos ago. I am doing much better now. I take Suboxone, so I think that affects my energy level. Some people also experience extreme fatigue or insomnia (usually after the initial w/d period), depression, and increased appetite. I did gain some weight, too. But there's no health risk for coming off Adderall like there is for benzos or something. And it's worse the longer you're on it. In my opinion, anyone can work through ADHD with motivation, will power, and sometimes therapy. But that's just me. I didn't like being on Adderall. I just didn't feel like myself. I was more moody. I hope that this helped a little bit. Good luck!

Hi Ally Cat.

THANKS for replying.

I been takin the adderall for like a month now. Almost every day. 5 - 10 mgs in morning, 5 - 10 mgs at lunch.
    Also i quit the celexa.
    And I still take the klonopin in small doses some days. .15 to .25. very small doses.

The adderall makes me feel like i'm alive again. I told my dr, like i lost my mojo. i just kind of felt like i was wating to die there for a while.

I went through a great depression for a few years. Took lots of opiates. Got off the opiates. went through alot of stress and anxiety. so he put me on celexa when i switched jobs last time and i hated the new job. and klonopin. i was like having a breakdown or something and those really helped me.

but i havn't felt like i've been my old self in a long time(3 - 4 years). basically in my field you have to care to actually be productive cause its alot of self motivation.

but when i take the adderall, it's like I care again and can actually concentrate and produce. I CAN"T PRODUCE ENOUGH. I like went total opposite. From not caring at all and like veging all day to being an absolute programming machine. in my personal life too i can't stop getting stuff done. like even if i just want to sit there i can't.

I actually feel love again and like some self confidence for the first time in a LOOOOONG TIMEEE.

SO i'm so torn. where do I draw the line?? How long is it safe to take? and will my body stop producing dopamine on it's own like opiates?? and is it safe every day? I'm so confused. I don't want to be on anything but this helps me soooooo much.

SuzieOf is offline Member

I took Adderall for a week and it made me feel good and helped me get a lot done but it is because it is speed. I wish I could feel that way without it but it is a drug and has the down side of a drug.

SuzieOf is offline Member

The down side to taking speed is how it affects your adrenal system. It basically shuts it down. This is long term use. Plus, as with any drug, after a while it will not be so fun anymore but you will need it to get out of bed and to get anything done. No natural energy because adrenal gland not working

I know what you mean, but liek Suzie said too- It's only temporary. It will start being less enjoyable; that motivation and exitement you feel now will gradually turn into anxiety and mood swings. I promise you. Also, that combination of meds can reeaallly affect your moods, be careful, especially with yoiur pre-existing depression. I'm just saying, from experience, those factors can lead to a very unpleasant state. I ended up relapsing on >>>>>> (my drug of choice) because I just hated my life and didn't want to get out of bed. I hope everything works out for you and that you do what's right for you!

Oh and to answer your last questions there... "When" can be whenever you decide, there's really no protocol for duration of treatment. It's nothing like opiate withdrawal, I can assure you of that. The only symptom they have in common is the lack of energy and lethargy. Those were the most noticable and the longest-lasting for me. I detoxed in rehab, but you could really do it without, because it isn't dangerous and there aren't the physical symptoms seen with benzos and opiates. You might want to take some time off work though, in case you feel fatigued and/or irritable. Also, it takes some of the pressure off, knowing you don't have to go to work on top of dealing with that. Best of luck to you and keep us posted!
    jlillilin likes this.

Hi and thanks to everyone who replied. I have not been on the boards in a while.

Just as kind of a followup. I'm off the celexa. I'm basically off the klonopin(once in a blue moon). And i'm only taking 1.5 mg of the adderall a day now in the morning. Im not a morning person and this low dose still helps me. I'm planning on trying to get off soon as i'm not taking that much. And for about 2 months i was on nothing. But then I was sluggin at work again so i started takin it a little. So I think I'm doin good with this. I dn't take it on weekends either. Just at work. Overall... I think it's good in a very low dose. Thanks again.
    jlillilin likes this.