Off the painkillers - Scared yet at same time Relieved
    sunnydayz is offline Junior Member

Red face Off the painkillers - Scared yet at same time Relieved

Hi everyone! I have been battling pain killer addiction for a while now. At one time ending in ICU with a breathing tube. I FINALLY mustered up the courage to go see my Addiction PhD and he put me back on very low dose of suboxone film. I was in horrific detox mode yesterday when I went to see him and told him the norco's made me feel much less depressed and helped me want to be a part of my own life. He understood and validated that opiods DO make you feel less depression, however they ARE not anti-depressents and the more you take he said, the more you'll need. I began the treatment last night, only taking 1/4 of the film, he said that IF I needed to take painkillers for my back pain (as I do have REAL pain) then it wouldn't take much to get off the suboxone for a while, then start on them again. I'm up and around, the withdrawels have dissapeared and I feel much less depressed, as suboxone itself is an opiod (a partial). I am hoping I'll stick with the sub and stay off the norco. I'm honestly still unsure of what I want but I'm taking this one day at a time. Peace.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Hi everyone! I have been battling pain killer addiction for a while now. At one time ending in ICU with a breathing tube. I FINALLY mustered up the courage to go see my Addiction PhD and he put me back on very low dose of suboxone film. I was in horrific detox mode yesterday when I went to see him and told him the norco's made me feel much less depressed and helped me want to be a part of my own life. He understood and validated that opiods DO make you feel less depression, however they ARE not anti-depressents and the more you take he said, the more you'll need. I began the treatment last night, only taking 1/4 of the film, he said that IF I needed to take painkillers for my back pain (as I do have REAL pain) then it wouldn't take much to get off the suboxone for a while, then start on them again. I'm up and around, the withdrawels have dissapeared and I feel much less depressed, as suboxone itself is an opiod (a partial). I am hoping I'll stick with the sub and stay off the norco. I'm honestly still unsure of what I want but I'm taking this one day at a time. Peace.

Don't get into the trap of using painkillers with subs. If you stick it out and taper off the subs properly, then accumulate some clean time, you'll be better able to accurately access your true pain level. Opiate dependency is painful in itself as we go into w/d every few hours causing more pain than our original problems quite often. Let me know if I can help you.

Here is a link to how I've worked with others here on subs for years successfully. Hope it helps. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

sunnydayz is offline Junior Member

Hi Robert,
    Thank you for responding. I will read the link you sent. I appreciate your concern for me and your offering help. I'll need it I'm sure. I hope you will be here for me, I will be here for you if you ever need support from me. I'm a good listener and i've been battling addiction in one form or another since 1995, well that is when I "admitted" I had a problem. This disease is scarey and it's so good to know there are people who care and are willing to help when things get tough, like you - You are truly special. Talk soon

Robert_325 is offline Retired

After using for 35 years I have almost ten years clean, have been helping people get clean here a long time. Let me know if I can help you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.