Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
new and strugglin
    strugglin32 is offline New Member

Default new and strugglin

Hi I'm new here and just recently decided to stop taking pain meds....I am really struggling and its only been about 36 hours....I kno this is the right thing to do because of my job and more importantly my family. I have had a lot of problems with my teeth and that has caused me to become reliant on hydrocodone mostly....I'm only 25 and unfortunately my line of work allows me to see the havoc that pain meds have on people and their families and that scares me to death but for some odd reason doesn't stop me from using them. Worst of all I find myself looking around for more pain pills in my house because my dad has a standing prescription. I am ashamed of myself and disappointed....mainly I am just so tired. I already have anxiety and insomnia so I kno this going to be rough..... please I need help any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....

Strugglin32

Sundwn is offline Member

Strugglin, good name. Because we all have. I don't know the extent of your use. How many pills daiy? What are the milligrams? But you say it is hydrochordone. Which is a class lll drug. Wd,s suck. But with hydro,s it is usually not as bad as with oxychodone based meds. So you have 36 hrs ct under your belt. Good for you. You can do this. I predict you will have 5 to 6 days of wd symptoms. Days 3 and 4 being the worst. Stay away from caffeine oriented drinks. Drink lots of water to help flush out these toxins. It will help believe me. You might want to purchase Imodium for diarrhea. Better yet. Google " the Thomas recipe" this is great for opiate withdrawals. .....stay the course man. YOU CAN DO THIS. And remember....you only have to do this once. There are many out here just like you and me who will be here to help. Keep checking in. Don't use man...ok?.....SD

I have on again off again for about two years....I was on 7.5 and I was taking three-six a day....it really does help to kno a lot of people have gone through this and made it...it just sucks. I looked up that recipe and will try. I have tried getting out of bed and getting some exercise but I have lost all energy...any tips. Plus the caffiene thing might be a problem since I work nights and live off coffee....thanks again sd
    Strugglin32

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by strugglin32 View Post
    I have on again off again for about two years....I was on 7.5 and I was taking three-six a day....it really does help to kno a lot of people have gone through this and made it...it just sucks. I looked up that recipe and will try. I have tried getting out of bed and getting some exercise but I have lost all energy...any tips. Plus the caffiene thing might be a problem since I work nights and live off coffee....thanks again sd
    Strugglin32
    Strugg, I know it doesn't seem like it. But you are not using a heavy amount of opiate. Do the wd,s suck? Yea they do. But you can have this behind you very soon. The led suit feeling ( no energy ) is just part of it. You already have day 1 behind you and half of the next day. Just know this. You feel bad because the bad ???? is leaving your body. It sux, I know. But hang in there man. This thing will be over for you in 3 or 4 more days. Now everyone is different. But I,m willing to bet you will start to feel better in a day or two. As I said before days 3 and 4 are usually the worst. But you never know. And again, you are not on a heavy dose of this med. just do the recipe if you can. The valiumn will def help. If you can get that. But you do not want to stay on it any longer than 4 or 5 days. You should be clear by then anyway....hang tough bud....SD

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Strug, you can do this man, you already are almost halfway through. There will be flu like symptoms but the low dose will help you get through this quicker. SD gave you good advice listen to him and follow directions.

The shame is not in having this disease but about the things we do while active you haven't done near what I did and you can get past this, not saying I was worse just we all do things we wish we hadn't. Strongly suggest aa?NA meetings the support there is invaluable. Hang tight man we will support you Good Luck Surfdog
    Tammy_Perry_1985 and Sundwn like this.

Thank you both very much....coming up to 48 hours and I still feel ?????? but just knowing there are people who will help me and have gone through this really helps....I will keep posted and help as well and as far as urges go..I have them but I wont give into this monster

Mr_Dean is offline Member

Strugglin.. Don't give in to it.. You're right- It is a monster- Sundwn is right- Everyone is different but do what you can to help you get through- Just DON'T GIVE IN!! I'm going to steal a line from a very knowledgeable man on here....... "Do you have another day 1 in you.." You're doing it now- Stick to it.. You can beat this- We all know how bad w/d is.. It's hell.. And yes, we are all pulling for you!!

Mr_Dean
    Comeback Kid, Sundwn and surfdog like this.

Comeback Kid is offline Advanced Member

Glad you made a thread. Just keep fighting. If you feel any urges, come post on here. We are all here for you. Hang in there. It gets better everyday! Good luck
    Tammy_Perry_1985 likes this.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?”
    Do tomorrow what you did today, you get tomorrow what you got today
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm CST)

Default new pains

Is it normal to mentally feel more physical painl....my back has started to hurt the last couple days......48 hours down and now to get some sleep....fingers crossed and still struggling.....thanks again guys

Anonymous Guest

Is it normal to mentally feel more physical painl....my back has started to hurt the last couple days......48 hours down and now to get some sleep....fingers crossed and still struggling.....thanks again guys
    It's normal. Also normal to have temperature ups and downs, trouble sleeping....
    Two days down.....don't throw them away!
    You are very close to half way through......
    hang tight!
    surfdog likes this.

Strug, we all are behind you on this, and have been where you are at on time or another. If we made it you can. If you can exercise, even short walks will help, also hot baths or showers. If my dumba$# can get clean/sober you surely can lol. People on here will walk you through this and believe in you till you can believe in you and your abilities to get better.
    Shadow is right as is Kid and SD, Itis normal to feel more to begin with the brain literally has to heal, you will feel better soon and post,post get the garbage out. and crazy is good for us, it's the insanity of this disease that kills us God Bless Surfdog

Sundwn is offline Member

Strug, nothing I can add that others here have not. They have been where you are and some to the 10 th degree and beyond. But know this. As far as pain goes. Your brain will dial it up. It wants you to take the meds. Many, myself included, when first I started CT. A week even two down the road. I had the worse pain. But as time went on it dissipated. Most of the time it's your brain trying to trick you into using. It wants it's buddy's back. Now, if it is persistent and constant I suggest you refer this to your physician. But I can tell you that the brain dialing this up is often the case.........hang tuff bud.......you are getting there.....SD

Sd did you try the music dog

Sundwn is offline Member

Yea Dog, I am a singer/ songwriter/ hacker....lol.....myself. I have several guitars, but my Martin D- 41 is my favorite Been playing close to 40 years. I work with a violin player who also plays other inst as well. We work here on the coast a couple of Sundays a month during the season. Big fan of Keen and do several of his songs. Guy Clark, John Prine as well. I had heard of mcMurtry. I called a buddy he is making me a couple of cd,s in case there is something on there I want to learn. I appreciate it.........oh, big fan of John Hiatt as well. His new cd is very good. You mentioned someone else also. Had never heard of them. Again thanks man.

Dave Stamey kinda western swing, ballad story teller, hard to sum up, McMurtry is the son of the McMurtry that wrote Lonesome Dove, you definetly want Chocta Bingo, about a family reunion God sums up our sick a$$ families LOL great song. What Coast east west or gulf,if it;s gulf you gotta like Buffett Ah damn right bro starting guitar lessons myself driend gonna teach me always wanted to learn, might as well do thing with my old a@@ lol good to hear from you. Dog
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-10-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Day three down...many more but already feeling better...still struggling but never again

Thanks again
    Strugg
    Tammy_Perry_1985 likes this.

Sundwn is offline Member

Day three down...many more but already feeling better...still struggling but never again

Thanks again
    Strugg
    Way to go strugg, you are doing great. If you are feeling better at day 3 then you got this thing licked. Hang in there man. These are 3 days you will never have to repeat if you stay vigilant. Good deal bud. Your body and mind are healing. Remember that......SD

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
    Dave Stamey kinda western swing, ballad story teller, hard to sum up, McMurtry is the son of the McMurtry that wrote Lonesome Dove, you definetly want Chocta Bingo, about a family reunion God sums up our sick a$$ families LOL great song. What Coast east west or gulf,if it;s gulf you gotta like Buffett Ah damn right bro starting guitar lessons myself driend gonna teach me always wanted to learn, might as well do thing with my old a@@ lol good to hear from you. Dog

Chocta Bingo? There's a name for you...lol. Yea dog, buffet works anywhere theres blue water. Met him years ago in a little bar I was playing. He took my guitar and played a few tunes. No one had ever heard of him.....a few years later...History. More to it, but that's the jest. I am here on the " red neck Rivera " in SC......lol....that's how the blue bloods in Charleston refer to us. MB is a beautiful place. Murrells inlet, pawleys Is. Georgetown also. Look Dog you only need to learn about 3 chords on that gitter. Old country and rock,n, roll....3 chords.....lol....get those down and I will pull you up on stage man......Chocta Bingo is taken. We,ll have to find you another name.......lol..... I like Surfdog Dali-lama. Kind of rolls of the tounge.....lol
    Last edited by Sundwn; 06-12-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    surfdog likes this.

Halloweenhead is offline Member

Good job Strugg...you just about have this thing beat. Congrats on your decision to change your life! You are young and coming off a dose that wasn't all that big so you should heal a lot sooner than some of us. I'm not trying to minimize what you are going through - I've been there so I know how tough it is. I think you are closer than you know! Hey Sundwn - I'm from MB too...
    Last edited by Halloweenhead; 06-12-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm just an addict who knows a little about drugs.

SD man you're a trip, been to that riviera many times wish I could remember more of it especially one trip, only time I ever got drunk in a drug sore on beer sitting at one of those old soda fountains lol One of my old buddies from the military lived on Myrtle Beach, can't remember where though, again think u get the picture. How you like that "chocta Bingo" I used to live on the gulf coast Gulf Breeze by Pensacola.You're not that far from me when we are not out in Wyoming. May have to come up one weekend. I gave you my email I think? Residual damage I think? I like that Dali-Lama thing might not be able to get my head through the door. Hang tight Bro DOG

Hey Strug, man you are just about there sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread I get lost in my own head sometimes, but I like crazy, it's that damn insanity that kills us. It so nice to see this kinda motivation, I promise follow a simple suggestions and the struggle does end.If it didn't get better we wouldn't still be clean/sober. You will get back way more than you invest. We gotcha back bro God Bless Surfdog

Day five still going strong

Strug

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
    SD man you're a trip, been to that riviera many times wish I could remember more of it especially one trip, only time I ever got drunk in a drug sore on beer sitting at one of those old soda fountains lol One of my old buddies from the military lived on Myrtle Beach, can't remember where though, again think u get the picture. How you like that "chocta Bingo" I used to live on the gulf coast Gulf Breeze by Pensacola.You're not that far from me when we are not out in Wyoming. May have to come up one weekend. I gave you my email I think? Residual damage I think? I like that Dali-Lama thing might not be able to get my head through the door. Hang tight Bro DOG
    Residual damage....hahaha. Yea, I got that too. And get this. I thought Choctaw bingo was an artists name...lol...hell I didn't know it was a McMurtry tune...lol. I gave it a listen. Good tune. Dude does a good job on that 12 string. Really good job. I love his dad,s books. I have pretty much all of them. " lonesome dove" is Duvall and jones at their best. And no, I don't have your e- mail. Would like to. How do we do that?

Sundwn is offline Member

Day five still going strong

Strug
    Strug, keep fighting the good fight bro. It will get better. Much better. I truly do know these things.......as will you .....SD
    Mr_Dean likes this.

Sundwn is offline Member

HH, so we is kinda down the street from one another? Well what ya know. I have been living here , I guess close to 30 years. Did my share of damage running some of these haunts....lol. You never know where anyone is from on here unless they list it or are just forthcoming. What's great is it really doesn't matter. We all share pretty much some of the same experiences. Enough so that it brings us together as kindred spirits. Glad to know you. And that you are in the area......" HalloweenHead ".......lol......can't help but picture you with orange hair.....lol...Hope you are doing well, and thanks for reaching out.......SD

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Halloweenhead View Post
    Good job Strugg...you just about have this thing beat. Congrats on your decision to change your life! You are young and coming off a dose that wasn't all that big so you should heal a lot sooner than some of us. I'm not trying to minimize what you are going through - I've been there so I know how tough it is. I think you are closer than you know! Hey Sundwn - I'm from MB too...
    HH, so we is kinda down the street from one another? Well what ya know. I have been living here , I guess close to 30 years. Did my share of damage running some of these haunts....lol. You never know where anyone is from on here unless they list it or are just forthcoming. What's great is it really doesn't matter. We all share pretty much some of the same experiences. Enough so that it brings us together as kindred spirits. Glad to know you. And that you are in the area......" HalloweenHead ".......lol......can't help but picture you with orange hair.....lol...Hope you are doing well, and thanks for reaching out.......SD

Halloweenhead is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sundwn View Post
    Maybe down the street...I'm in 29588 near Enterprise boat landing. My name is more related to what I've put IN my head...you know - for years you think they're treats, only to find out that it's just a cruel trick (I kind of just made that up). Strugglin - how are YOU doing? You should be feeling better every day. You're doing it the right way. Me? I went down the dumb suboxone route and finally getting ready to get off of that screwed up train. Bravo for going CT!
    Sundwn likes this.
    Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm just an addict who knows a little about drugs.

Strug you are doing great, and it only gets better, hang tight man, there are good things to come Surfdog

Sundwn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Halloweenhead View Post
    Maybe down the street...I'm in 29588 near Enterprise boat landing. My name is more related to what I've put IN my head...you know - for years you think they're treats, only to find out that it's just a cruel trick (I kind of just made that up). Strugglin - how are YOU doing? You should be feeling better every day. You're doing it the right way. Me? I went down the dumb suboxone route and finally getting ready to get off of that screwed up train. Bravo for going CT!
    HH, 29577....... Plantation point.......nice to see some sunshine today.....Like the trick or treat thing....great analogy

Strugg, not trying to hi- jack you thread. It's about you here man. But we got some meet n greet going on lol.......Surfdog, look a couple posts up. Sent you message in case you didn't see it. Over n out.....SD
    Last edited by Sundwn; 06-13-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Sd kazwiz@gmail.com easiest way I know how to do it. I like easy Dog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast