Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Need Advice from Robfor best way to taper Pls
    gemini76 is offline Junior Member

Default Need Advice from Robfor best way to taper Pls

I posted a few days earlier that I am down to .50 mg a day.....Can you tell me in your experience what is best way to get to ) from here? Do i go down to .25 or should I start skipping days...any help wouldbe appreciated..Thanks!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by gemini76 View Post
    I posted a few days earlier that I am down to .50 mg a day.....Can you tell me in your experience what is best way to get to ) from here? Do i go down to .25 or should I start skipping days...any help wouldbe appreciated..Thanks!

It's more important than ever at this point to stick with 25% reductions. Go from .5mg down to about .333mg four days, then to .25mg four days. Not until that point would I suggest that you begin the day skipping process. Hope that helps. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default Thank you for the feedback Rob-

Not sure how to get a consistent .333 dose from a 2mg film but I will try ....Thanks again for responding...

Not sure how to get a consistent .333 dose from a 2mg film but I will try ....Thanks again for responding...

Cut it in half and then eyeball it cutting one of the halves into three equal pieces. Getting it as close as you can by sight will be close enough. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Default Okay 4 days down on the .333

exp some wdrawal symtpoms...diarrhea and very tough to piece together some sleep.

Tom (day 5) do i make my move down to .25 even though I am still having some w/d?

Thanks Rob

exp some wdrawal symtpoms...diarrhea and very tough to piece together some sleep.

Tom (day 5) do i make my move down to .25 even though I am still having some w/d?

Thanks Rob

Give it another day or so. Take some imodium AD for the diahhrea, it will help. You can use it as needed. We want you to be more stable before moving forward. I'll check on you tomorrow after church. Hang in there. You're so close. God bless.

Default OK thats what I am going to do..April 2 will be

ten months i am on Sub...I am getting so close...I cant wait to be done with this.....I feel the depression of w/d but get flashes of excitement to just get it done already...Thank you for seeing me along in this...

Enjoy your Sunday

Default Its weird- Day 5 for move down to .375 from .5

and the wd symptoms were worse today than prev 4 days. Sweating more, chills come and go, and some nausea. My bowels have tightened up a bit so at least thats better.

The symptoms are not terrible and Im not suffering but they are noticeably stronger than yesterday.

I should stay on the .375 longer correct? What do you think Rob? Also is it worsening now because of the duration I have been on sub? (10 mos)

Thanks again for your help....

and the wd symptoms were worse today than prev 4 days. Sweating more, chills come and go, and some nausea. My bowels have tightened up a bit so at least thats better.

The symptoms are not terrible and Im not suffering but they are noticeably stronger than yesterday.

I should stay on the .375 longer correct? What do you think Rob? Also is it worsening now because of the duration I have been on sub? (10 mos)

Thanks again for your help....

Sorry I missed you last night, we had gone out for dinner. Stay on the dose you're at for another couple days, we want you stable before going down again. You're getting so close, just sit tight and this will be done soon. This is the drugs making a last-ditch effort to get you back, trust me! I happens at the end for lots of people until you decide," I'm in no matter what." Then it usually clears up quickly and we are able to move on. Hang in there, you only have to do this ONCE if you do it right! God bless.

Default No need to apologize

Thank you for seeing me through. I am in your hands at this point. I don't know you but I've seen you help so many other people I trust u more than my sub dr
    My wd have eased a bit today. Went to the gym and actually feel good mentally. I will stick on this dose like you recommend for the next few days and check in by weeks end. Thanks!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Default OK Today is day 9 of .375 and I am

feeling pretty good...the sweats/chills have subsided as well as diarrea- I feel pretty good mentally- been exercising which is helping...sleep still sucks and I get some RLS and anxiety at night but I am expecting that to hang around awhile.

Should I make my move down to .25 at this point?

feeling pretty good...the sweats/chills have subsided as well as diarrea- I feel pretty good mentally- been exercising which is helping...sleep still sucks and I get some RLS and anxiety at night but I am expecting that to hang around awhile.

Should I make my move down to .25 at this point?

Go for it! If you're not ready by now I don't know what to say! God bless.

Default OK Tomorrow I am going to make the cut

down to .25....I will stay in touch on how the next few days go....what are we looking at after I stabilize on the .25? A clean cut or day skipping what do you think? Im so close I can taste it

down to .25....I will stay in touch on how the next few days go....what are we looking at after I stabilize on the .25? A clean cut or day skipping what do you think? Im so close I can taste it

Don't rush it now! Do the day skipping when it's time, it's only three doses over ten days and it will make the difference, I promise. God bless.

Default I understand- I am just so sick of being on this

stuff for this long. I am going to see it thru to the end though.. Tom I am down to the .25 and well take it from there..thanks so much again Rob for helping me out here

Talk soon. Have a good night
    Robert_325 likes this.

Default Hope all is ok in TX

hey Rob- I am on day 3 of .25 - starting to feel real bad as expected but bearable...I will check back in with you in a few days..

I know you are in Tx somewhere hope all is safe...seen the craziness on the news here in NY

Thanks
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-04-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Hang in there, you'll smooth out. You're getting sooo close to being done! That is awesome. About to be another success story!

I appreciate the concern over all the storms. I'm down near Houston and the storms were the worst in Dallas area. It's about 4 plus hours away from us. We just got some rain and clouds that kept me out of the pool. And my dogs get wet when they go outside, but other than that, we haven't had any problems. Poor people in the Dallas area, several friends, got their homes totally torn up though! Thanks again for asking.

Stay in touch. I'm rooting for you! God bless.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-04-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Default Hey rob today is day 9

of being on .25 mg. I have stabilized as the sweats and other symptoms other than insomnia have subsided. What do you suggest my next move is? It seems to take me 7-10 days to stabilize from each taper. Do I take it down 25% from here and try .18. Basically slicing .33 in half...or do I think about skipping days on .25.

Im in your hands. Look forward to hearing from you Thanks!

of being on .25 mg. I have stabilized as the sweats and other symptoms other than insomnia have subsided. What do you suggest my next move is? It seems to take me 7-10 days to stabilize from each taper. Do I take it down 25% from here and try .18. Basically slicing .33 in half...or do I think about skipping days on .25.

Im in your hands. Look forward to hearing from you Thanks!

Normally I would say to start skipping days. But I don't like it that you're having to take that long to stabilize after each reduction. You're not ready to skip days. I would reduce again and hopefully by the time you get to at least .125mg you'll be able to start skipping days. We can always taper all the way down to nothing as an option if we have to. Main thing is you're getting really close! Hang in there! Keep me posted how the drop goes. God bless.

OK - So should I cut by 25% or go from .25 to .125?

DDAVE45 is offline Member

gemini.......your doing great, your so close to being done with these subs. Taking 9 days to stabilize is a little much.....so you might wanna take Roberts advice and taper down a little more before skippin days.....your so close though and i promise you when your done you'll feel like a million bucks.

if your at .25 now....you would drop to .1875..........these 25% reductions become more critical the lower you get.
    Robert_325 likes this.

basically you would cut your .25 film in half (.125 and .125) .............then cut one of the .125's in half (.0625 and .0625) .............take the .125 and .0625 and that gives you your .1875

DDave is right! Always reduce your dose, whatever it is at the time, by 25% unless there are extenuating circumstances we have discussed. God bless.

Hey guys- Thank you for responding and sticking with me through this. Just so we are on same page I am considering "stabilized" when I have little to no w/d symptoms. The sweats, diarrhea, chills...they have been lasting 7-9 days for me. I still have insomnia and my pupils are dilated at night ( I notice it most when I drive at night and people's oncoming headlights look like the sun!) So to say I stabilize after 7-9 days would you agree based on what I am saying?

I appreciate the guidance and am making my move down to .1875 tomorrow- Thanks!

gemini..........yea i would consider stabilized as having no major issues. Insomnia is always gonna come and go during a taper......at least it did for me when i was tapering, but if your getting chills, sweating and having diarrhea then i wouldnt consider that being stabilized. Try and get in some sort of exercise and i promise it will make this process a whole lot easier.

Hey Rob/Dave-

Today is Day 7 of .1875. This taper has not been as bad as the past few...just a bad headache and nauseous day 3-4...I seem to have leveled off nicely after the last few days...What is my next move from here?

Thanks!

Hey Rob/Dave-

Today is Day 7 of .1875. This taper has not been as bad as the past few...just a bad headache and nauseous day 3-4...I seem to have leveled off nicely after the last few days...What is my next move from here?

Thanks!

I would reduce one more time and then start the day skipping. Drop your dose to .125mg for four days or so and then start the day skipping process. You're doing awesome. God bless.

OK thats what I am going to do...start the .125...thank you

hey rob- I am on day 2 of .125- i have been sneezing uncontrollably all day...at first I thought it was allergies but I dont have any of the other symptoms...could it be from the w/d?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast