Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tired of the sameold
  • 1 Post By Tired of the sameold
My Story w Methadone

Unhappy My Story w Methadone

Hey Everyone I'm the new guy. I have been on Opiates for 9 years now due to a bad car wreck. First on Oxycontin for a month, I didn't like them so my Doctor got me on Norcos at 6/day. I took the Norco 10mg at 6/day for almost 8 years. I lost my Healthcare Insurance and had to rush to find a new doctor because the pain clinic I was at refused to see me without Health Insurance even though I could afford to pay. The New doctor put me on 10 mg Methadone, I was afraid but had no choice it was either suffer through withdrawls and try and find another doctor or take them and see how they work. That was the worst choice I have ever made in my life. My Doctor yo-yos me with sometimes Methadone 10mg- 4/day per month and then last month he out of the blue took me down to Methadone 10mg-3/day per month, for no apparent reason. In just over a years time I have gained 60lbs and have not felt good/normal since then in over a years time. I have tried up to 60mg daily and that seems to make me feel ok but I am extremely sleepy. I just can;t live like this anymore, sometimes I run out of Methadone because I take up to the 60mg that makes me feel ok and I run out. I am sick and tired of this, I have tried and tried to talk to my Doctor to no avail. He won't listen to anything that I have to say. I did so well on the Norcos 10mg at 6 units perday for almost 8 years, I never ran out never had a problem. I had a very physical job, very stressful, worked allot of overtime. This current Doctor I must say does not care about me. I have done all sorts of research for where I live Alabama. There are no clinics that can help me since I have no health care insurance. I am debating on going on a Suboxen Clinic nearby. I am so sick and tired of running out of Methadone every month. The Withdrawls are unbearable. I have read some posts on here about people responding about how bad Methadone withdrawl is and let me tell you it is Hell on Eart. I can;t go a day without anything to get me through to the next day. I buy Lortabs, Oxys, whatever I can get my hands on to get me through until my next prescription is due. But I m sick and tired and want to change my life for the better. This Methadone has ruined my life. I know I have made some bad choices but let me tell you do NOT Ever get on Methadone, EVER. It is the worst drug. It takes it forever to get out of your system. I have read where some say it takes 4-5 days to get out of your system. Well; with me that is when it starts to get worse, the 5th day is total Hell. You think you can suck it up and deal with it but it gets worse and worse. Not sleeping for 2 weeks is the absolute worst feeling in the world. I have gone thru this whole of last year and I am done. I can't go on like this anymore for fear of doing something really stupid. I have checked on the closet Suboxen clinic and I think tomorrow I am going to go for it. I just can't go on anymore. This crutch of Methadone is ruling my life. It has me by a strangle hold, and no matter what I try to do to get out of it, I loose every month. I am so Thankful to have found this site maybe I can get some support here. My Family is concerned but they don't understand, they think I am weak and lazy for not being able to get thru this on my own. Here in Alabama I have been looking for help for the last 9 months, and I finally was told by an acquaintance about Suboxen, so I did a search online and behold they have a clinic not 1 mile from my house. Well; for the last 8 months I have been searching and searching for some help in dealing with this problem. It makes me sick to know that maybe I didnt have to go thru this when I could have gotten some help a long time ago. I want help, have asked my family for help, friends for help, but have been struggling on my own now for about a year. I am at my end, I have no more strength to carry on like this anymore, I have to get some help and relief from this horrible Methadone. What do you-all think of my thoughts of trying Suboxen? Any hep/info will be so gratefully appreciated. If only I had come across this site a long time ago. It is shameful that so many have to suffer thru this addiction/withdrawl all alone without any help or consul as to what Other treatments or help is available. Many Thnxxxx

I am wondering what to expect from the Suboxen Clinic that I am scheduled to go to. I have no idea but what I have read on this message board. Any info or help will be terrific. Many Thnxx

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Tired of the sameold View Post
    I am wondering what to expect from the Suboxen Clinic that I am scheduled to go to. I have no idea but what I have read on this message board. Any info or help will be terrific. Many Thnxx

You are a good candidate for the switch to subs. Need to watch the subs drs though as most try to put you on a dose MUCH higher than you really need and end up getting you addicted to them as well. I will post a link at the end of this reply. I used opiates and other drugs for 35 years, have almost ten years clean now thanks to the subs. The link I am posting for you is how I did this, then how so many others on this forum have done the same process according the my protocol successfully. There are drs around the country using this process now. The ideal situation would be that you could get a sub dr to prescribe the meds to you and allow me to induct you right here. I promise if you do that I'll have you inducted and feeling totally normal on a very small dose, you won't have to miss any work, and I'll have you totally clean including being off the subs in a couple months or thereabouts depending on you. Let me know if I can help you. I know how to do this, if you'll just do what I tell you it will work for you! God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Pheonix2u is offline New Member

Hi I JUST went through the switch from Methadone to Subutex. I have been on it 5days.Subutex is safer then using suboxone because suboxone may interact with the opiates still left in your system. Suboxone has naltrexon which is a blocker, subutex does not have that blocker.Some doctors go straight to suboxone, some use subutex as a first step, because you are less likely to go into instant withdrawl from the medications interacting. I went 37 hours without methadone in order to take my first dose of subutex to make sure it did not make me extremely sick. If you take it before physical withdrawl then you are going to have the worst withdrawl of your life instantly! They recommend that you DO NOT switch over to any buprenorphine(Subutex/suboxone) until your methadone dose is at 30mg per day or LOWER, and you need to wait until at least 75% has left your system, thats why the say to wait at least 24-48hrs before taking either subutex/suboxone. I was at 15mg when I switched over and I have very very few withdrawl symptoms or discomfort. I don't know about the rules where you live but most family doctors can prescribe subutex/suboxone. Unfortunately MOST have not been trained to deal with addiction and high amount of opiate use after many years. I used massive amounts of pain medication and then herion for 15yrs. I am not kidding when I say I was addicted to pain medication which they only prescribe to stage 4 cancer patients and people missing limbs. When you go to the suboxone clinic ask a lot of questions. If you have injuries that still bother you from an accident then you need to tell them about it. READ all the info you can on subutex/suboxone before your appointment. I have personally experienced a lot of pressure in my head. It is from the medication because spinal fluid pressure is increased with taking it. REad about the side effects. They suggest you do not take it if you have ever had sever head injuries. I have had a concussion with amnesia about 12yrs ago and I am still experiencing discomfort due to the pressure. Make sure this doctor knows what they are doing. If they cannot answer questions or do not warn you of the dangers you need to look to a more experienced doctor. The higher your dose of methadone the worse the switch over will be. There is no way around it. It is a system that has got to be stepped down so that you suffer the least amount of withdrawl during the switch. I personally waited until I was stable on 15mg of methadone for 3mos before switching. I am stepping down the subutex this week from two 8mg pills a day to two 6mg per day.It takes time to get off of all the opiate medication. Do not rush yourself because someone thinks you are weak. This is about how YOU feel, only you can tell what your body can take. If you rush it then you will be out in the cold buying pills off the street to get through just one more day. I know you want to find a quick fix to get this out of your system now, but subutex/suboxone is not a miracle pill that will work and be gone in a very short time. Do not take the advise of some posts on here. If you read carefully they are going from high doses or street bought drugs and doing a detox on their own. Any medication is dangerous. We are not doctors on here. WE are just people who have gone through this stuff and offer some insight. The best thing to do is talk to your doctor and be honest. If you tell them less or more then you are only going to hurt yourself worse. I came on here looking for possitive answers too. I wanted to get off of methadone but found VERY little that gave me hope. I was right there in your shoes. I made it through the switch and I feel alright. I found a doctor who specializes in addiction withdrawl. I was prescribed methadone for 5yrs, and I have felt the withdrawl from not having it during those 5yrs too. If you do this right you should have some withdrawl from the 30mg you are at. Keep in mind which one is mental withdrawl and which is actual physical withdrawl! Don't panic yourself, keep busy, and talk about what you are going through with someone who understands. The better mind set you have the higher your chance of getting through this. Any withdrawl you may have will be nothing compaired to the days and days of going without methadone before. I wish you all the luck and strength.

Phoenix ..... If you don't mind me asking what dose of subutex did your sub dr induct you at, how many mgs per day? God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Hey There, first off Thnxx so much for your replies and willingness to help. Robert I will need your help and Pheonix you too have both been very helpful. Just to hear from people that have walked in my shoes means the world to me. I have waited around all day for the Nurse to call me back from the Suboxen Clinic. I have called 3 times already making sure that they will call but were told to be patient. I just want to get some help and into this program. After reading thru allot of the posts I decided to stay off the Methadone for 2 days before trying the Suboxen or whatever the doctor prescribes me. To be honest last month I tried a Suboxen film and it kept of the withdrawal symptoms for 24 hours. So I know that it will work or in that circumstance. I am so sick and tired of Methadone, I have never liked it nor have wanted to take it, but my back was against the wall and had no choice. I had no insurance and the only pain doctor that would take self pay prescribed this to me, even though I told him I wanted to stay with the Norcos that worked for me for almost 8 years. The last year or so has been total HELL. I have gained 70lbs, have not worked as much as I should have, My health, my Life have gone down hill ever since Iwent on the Methadone. I kept thinking it will get better, but it never did. I am sitting here waiting for the Nurse to call now even though they closed at 3:30 and it is 3:55 I am going to call for a 4th time to ensure that the nurse does call me as I want to get everything arranged to get on the Suboxon/ Subutex whatever the Doctor prescribes. I will most definitely need your guidance and help. I look so forward to getting this Methadone Monkey off my back. Many many Thnxx

Hey There, first off Thnxx so much for your replies and willingness to help. Robert I will need your help and Pheonix you too have both been very helpful. Just to hear from people that have walked in my shoes means the world to me. I have waited around all day for the Nurse to call me back from the Suboxen Clinic. I have called 3 times already making sure that they will call but were told to be patient. I just want to get some help and into this program. After reading thru allot of the posts I decided to stay off the Methadone for 2 days before trying the Suboxen or whatever the doctor prescribes me. To be honest last month I tried a Suboxen film and it kept of the withdrawal symptoms for 24 hours. So I know that it will work or in that circumstance. I am so sick and tired of Methadone, I have never liked it nor have wanted to take it, but my back was against the wall and had no choice. I had no insurance and the only pain doctor that would take self pay prescribed this to me, even though I told him I wanted to stay with the Norcos that worked for me for almost 8 years. The last year or so has been total HELL. I have gained 70lbs, have not worked as much as I should have, My health, my Life have gone down hill ever since Iwent on the Methadone. I kept thinking it will get better, but it never did. I am sitting here waiting for the Nurse to call now even though they closed at 3:30 and it is 3:55 I am going to call for a 4th time to ensure that the nurse does call me as I want to get everything arranged to get on the Suboxon/ Subutex whatever the Doctor prescribes. I will most definitely need your guidance and help. I look so forward to getting this Methadone Monkey off my back. Many many Thnxx

You need to look at the link I gave you. In the INDUCTION section you'll see a link for the COWS (clinical opioid w/d scale) worksheet. You need to score at least a 26 on that worksheet before starting on the subs. Coming off methadone that will likely take you a GOOD 72 hours off the methadone! If you begin on the subs too early you'll go into precipitated w/d and you have NO IDEA how sick you'll get! Trust me on this, two days IS NOT long enough to do a sub induction coming off methadone. I've done this a thousand times, I know that I'm right and you're asking for MISERY if you do as you're planning! God bless.

Well I finally got the call from the nurse. She asked a ton of questions and in fact I have to be approved to be accepted into the clinic. The more I learn about this doctor the less I like about him. First off it is $200 the first visit, then the next day it is another $100.00 and then he could in fact get me to come back for a 3rd visit at any time even on the 3rd day and charge me yet another $100. So it will be at least $400 to enter into this clinic. I found another Doctor that charges much much less $100 on the 1st visit and then bi-weekly at $75.00 but you actually get a prescription the first visit. I am going to take Robert's advice and wait until my withdrawal symptoms are much worse 72 hours and then follow the plan he suggested. I had to wait around all day to hear from this Nurse when in fact it wasn't the doctor for me. The reason this doctor was appealing was that he was close by, which is not always the best choice when it comes to your life and health. It looks like I will going to see a Dr. James Blake up in Hoover Alabama, he has a Suboxen clinic and it must be a larger one, because I get the impression that he can see many more patients than the first doctor that I talked to and eventually decided was Not for me. That doctor could only see a certain amount of patients and I had to be approved to see him. Nothing was certain if I would be accepted or not. But the other Doctor I asked many questions and that was not a concern of theres. Does this sound correct to your understanding ? I am all new to this, I have been reading and researching the various forums and posts. But I do have specific questions that I have yet to find out about. Again; Many Many Thnxx for all your advice and offers of help. I know full well that the only way that I am going to get thru this is with your help and concerns. Knowledge is the key to success in any endeavor.

Well I finally got the call from the nurse. She asked a ton of questions and in fact I have to be approved to be accepted into the clinic. The more I learn about this doctor the less I like about him. First off it is $200 the first visit, then the next day it is another $100.00 and then he could in fact get me to come back for a 3rd visit at any time even on the 3rd day and charge me yet another $100. So it will be at least $400 to enter into this clinic. I found another Doctor that charges much much less $100 on the 1st visit and then bi-weekly at $75.00 but you actually get a prescription the first visit. I am going to take Robert's advice and wait until my withdrawal symptoms are much worse 72 hours and then follow the plan he suggested. I had to wait around all day to hear from this Nurse when in fact it wasn't the doctor for me. The reason this doctor was appealing was that he was close by, which is not always the best choice when it comes to your life and health. It looks like I will going to see a Dr. James Blake up in Hoover Alabama, he has a Suboxen clinic and it must be a larger one, because I get the impression that he can see many more patients than the first doctor that I talked to and eventually decided was Not for me. That doctor could only see a certain amount of patients and I had to be approved to see him. Nothing was certain if I would be accepted or not. But the other Doctor I asked many questions and that was not a concern of theres. Does this sound correct to your understanding ? I am all new to this, I have been reading and researching the various forums and posts. But I do have specific questions that I have yet to find out about. Again; Many Many Thnxx for all your advice and offers of help. I know full well that the only way that I am going to get thru this is with your help and concerns. Knowledge is the key to success in any endeavor.

By law a sub dr is only allowed a maximum of 100 patients on subs at any given time. Perhaps the second clinic has several sub drs and have more availability. That would be my guess. It's the same for all sub drs though if they run a one dr operation. Just be careful of how much they charge you and how high of a dose they want you on. See if you can do your induction at home, then I can help you right here from the very first dose. That would be the ideal situation. Just don't tell the dr you're talking with some guy on the internet or they'll tell you I'm crazy. They don't know me, but I've got drs around the country who contact me with problem patients and what not. I promise I know how to do this and will have you on a lower dose and feeling better than anywhere you can go, and I don't charge anything. I'm just here trying to give back. Plus I did this myself, these sub drs for the most part are using you to make their BMW payments! The majority of them don't care about some drug addict that is willing to pay them a bunch of money. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-15-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Thnxx Robert, by what I understand at my first visit the nurse said that I would get a prescription. So that sounds like that I could alter my dosage at home per your reccomendations. I believe in you and this forum as I have read countless posts about you and this forum and they were all very positive. If a smaller/lass dosage works then why take too large a dosage. Honestly If I had known about this Suboxen 8-9 months ago I can only imagine the Hell that I wold not have had to endure. I had gone thru 2 and even 3 weeks without any Methadone, now here in the last few months I could not do that anymore and seeked out some help from friends and bought lortabs/oxy's to help m get thru the day. After about 6 straight months of going thru at least the last 2 weeks of every month on withdrawals I had/had enough. I just can't live like this anymore. If I had only known that there wasa suboxone then I would not have had to endure all the hardships and suffering that I had to do. I had searched and search all over the internet for clinics to help me get off of Methadone, if I had not heard about Suboxone from someone then I would still be going thru the same-old/same-old Methadone withdrawals each and every month. Let me tell you if you want to describe Hell on Earth then a 2-3 week stint with Metadone withdrawals is that Hell on Earth. I would not wish it on my worstest of enemies, it is that bad. Not sleeping for 3 weeks straight, not even 1 hour in 3 weeks, can you imagine not sleeping for 3 weeks straight ? I have gone thru that and all the other super cold/super hot, aching/pains, nausea/constant diarrhea, but the worse is the Mind Games that it puts you thru. I am so ashamed of myself for doing this to myself. Someone that would routinely work 60-80 hours/week and now I can barely work 2o hours/week. I will do anything to get thru this Methadone monkey off my back. It is the worst drug out there, it stays in your body forever. if you know someone that Might be considering taking it, please tell them NOT to take Methadone. To leave that Doctor and find someone else that will prescribe something, anything else other than Methadone. I have wanted and begged for help to get off of methadone now for the last year. I searched the internet, I even asked social workers that work for the state of Alabama, they both said that they didn't know of a clinic that could help me. I had to hear about Suboxone from someone that I didn't know, a stranger that told me about it. What a Joke of a State that I live in ! Again; sorry for the rant but Thank You so much for all your help....I will dare to endure and make you al proud of me and with your help be yet another example of someone that sought help, got the help and won the fight, beat the insidious battle with these life sucking Drugs !
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-15-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Robert_325 likes this.

I went from 16mg of methadone to 16mg of subutex. I mistakenly hit 15mg before. I didn't start feeling withdrawl symptoms physically until 37hrs into no medication at all. As soon as the physical withdrawl started setting in I took the first 8mg subutex. I felt a sort of odd but after 15minutes the stomach knots went away. She recommended to use 16mg or 2-8mg subutex per 24hrs. I had pretty much no withdrawl symptoms through the process. I am electing to reduce the subutex early and I am scheduled to talk with my doctor tomorrow at 5:00pm to see what she tells me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix2u View Post
    I went from 16mg of methadone to 16mg of subutex. I mistakenly hit 15mg before. I didn't start feeling withdrawl symptoms physically until 37hrs into no medication at all. As soon as the physical withdrawl started setting in I took the first 8mg subutex. I felt a sort of odd but after 15minutes the stomach knots went away. She recommended to use 16mg or 2-8mg subutex per 24hrs. I had pretty much no withdrawl symptoms through the process. I am electing to reduce the subutex early and I am scheduled to talk with my doctor tomorrow at 5:00pm to see what she tells me.

I invite you to watch me induct "Tired of the sameold" coming off methadone and I assure you the induction will be completed with a dose of 6mg or less! I guarantee it and he will be totally stable. The mistake most sub drs make is just what you stated. They start out dispensing 8mg at a time.

I first realized the right way to do this years ago when I was inducting a gentleman from France. They only prescribe .2mg and .4mg doses, no 2mg or 8mg pills are available. This guy had been using according to him "French Connection" quality >>>>>> he had bought from M????illes, France. Said most smoked it as it had killed so many people it was so pure. To make a long story shorter, with these small doses of buprenophine available I first had him take .4mg. We waited two hours to allow it the maximum amount of time to work to its full potential. Then I had take another .4mg dose. Two hours later he took a .2mg dose followed by another .2mg dose two hours later and he was totally stable at 1.2mg! From that day on I haven't had to induct one single person at over 6mg. I typically induct at somewhere close to 3mg. I had to learn, but most sub drs in the USA just don't know how this stuff works.

Like I said you are welcome to watch the induction if I am able to do it here with him. I guarantee that it will go down just as I've described as I've been doing it that way for years now and I never miss on an induction. I have drs all around the USA using this protocol now, even had a new dr from MA call me a couple weeks ago for advice as she had read the forum and had all her patients on 16mg or more too and wanted to learn the right way to do this. We talked for two hours and now one more sub dr knows how to do this properly. Watch and you'll see what I'm talking about when we do this induction right on this thread.

Doing an induction properly is an art form and sadly the majority of sub drs doing it mess people up with these goofy 16 to 24mg inductions, turn those people into sub addicts, then they end up here trying to get off the subs, the very drug that was meant to help them get clean. And it would have worked if they had been instructed properly. You'll be amazed when you watch and see that I'm right! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-15-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Just hang in there tired of the same old! It's good that you have the fighting attitude! If you have endured withdrawl from methadone the worst is behind you. This switch over will be a piece of cake. Don't get discouraged! This happens to the best of us! I worked 2 jobs before the surgery that got me addicted. I was on the national deans list in college and had a perfect grade point average. Addiction took me down like it takes down everyone else. I'm so happy that you are trying to get help now before it spirals into illegal stuff or >>>>>>. This is the best step for you. I am also going to be stepping down my dose of subutex ahead of schedule so I will let you know how it goes for me as well. Honestly I know doctors, lawyers, and police officers who have been trapped into addiction and lost their jobs. There is nothing to get down about. You are a much stronger person then you realize. Some people sit on these drugs for a lifetime and do not want to get better or work to better their life. I am looking for a way to be off of this medication for good and to be able to say I am also one of the people who made it so I can help others. Robert has helped a lot of people on here. I am also new and wanted to tell people it can be done. I went to a methadone clinic where I received liquid methadone and take home doses for years. When I bought the methadone bisquits on the street I took way to much and the withdrawl was pure hell. It was months of feeling like I wanted to die instead of go through the pain anymore. I always gave up and went back to the other pills or >>>>>> when I couldn't find pills. This is going to be a good move or you. The suboxone/subutex clinics like I go to are very strictly regulated on how many patients they can take in at one time. I hope that they get you in there very soon. Do what you feel is the best thing for your body when it comes to this medication. Don't put yourself through hell trying to get off of it to fast. Like Robert says you need to step it down.

Thank you Robert, I am going to send my doctor to talk to you. I definitly feel that 16mg a day is to much. I do not like the way it feels and I know it is the MAX dose to flood the brain creating the ceiling effect they speak of. Personally I feel it is to much medication. If I reduce it to 8mg a day right now I think I would be just fine. They would not even prescribe the 2mg dose because no one in this town seems to even carry the 2mg subutex in their pharmacy...that right there tells you how much money they are making by prescribing 8mg doses. I'm going to reduce these as much as posible by cutting the pills so that I can be done with this soon. I have the link to your chart and I am going to check it out again. Now that I have the prescription in front of me I can do with it as I please. Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix2u View Post
    Thank you Robert, I am going to send my doctor to talk to you. I definitly feel that 16mg a day is to much. I do not like the way it feels and I know it is the MAX dose to flood the brain creating the ceiling effect they speak of. Personally I feel it is to much medication. If I reduce it to 8mg a day right now I think I would be just fine. They would not even prescribe the 2mg dose because no one in this town seems to even carry the 2mg subutex in their pharmacy...that right there tells you how much money they are making by prescribing 8mg doses. I'm going to reduce these as much as posible by cutting the pills so that I can be done with this soon. I have the link to your chart and I am going to check it out again. Now that I have the prescription in front of me I can do with it as I please. Thank you again!

I'll warn you that most drs will say that some guy on the internet is a nutcase and you should run away as fast as you can! lol But I'll be around and if I can help you let me know. I would break those 8mg pills into quarters .... 2mg doses. Then I would take 2mg in the morning, wait two hours and take 2mg more, give it another 2mg and see where you get stable at. NO WAY you should be taking over 4mg or so coming off 16mg of methadone. I wish that I could get you to just stop for about three days and let me reinduct you. Then you could see for yourself that I could probably have you stable at around 2-3mg total. I'm here if you want to try it, I guarantee what I'm saying will work if you're willing to do it. I know it means going into w/d again but it would make this so much easier for you if you suddenly were down to 3mg vs the dose you're on now. I would have you clean and off the subs in about six to eight weeks total! That would be it. Let me know if you're game! God bless.

Thnxx People, I absolutely can't wait to get back control of my life. I am sadly far from the person that I used to be, but if it kills me I am going to get my old self back. I will ned your help and will use Roberts Method. I trust in him as his track record sounds spotless. If I can get adjusted and feel decent on a lower dosage than the Doctor gives me then so be it, that only makes sense to take ONLY what is needed no more. I know that it can be done. I am going tomorrow to the Suboxoen Clinic and start from there, it seems that the Doctor will give me a prescription so I will follow Robert's lead on what dosage is needed to get me to feeling OK. That is all I have the right to ask for, is to feel OK, not high or feel great I just want to have my old self back. Be checking back on my progress, we will know tomorrow after I get home from the clinic and go from there. I am so looking forward to this. You just understand what this means to me. I always say that we-all need the help from strangers, for so long I was seeking help and here I found it. Maybe one day I can give back and somehow help others. Just being positive and to have the support from people that know what it is like, have walked in the same shoes is heartwarming. Who would you be more apt to listen to? Someone that has Book Knowledge/experience OR from people that have Lived it, suffered thru it ? I am trusting in all of you, my fellow Humans, get me to the promised land... of getting My Reality Back to where it belongs.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Oh and Robert I checked and there is no way that I know of to send you a PM. How can I contact you, thru here or ?

There are two parts of this web site regarding communications. When you first sign on the web site you'll see a place that says "support groups." You can go there and set up a short profile. Let me know when you've done it and I'll send you a friend request. You'll receive an email from drugs.com alerting you it's there. Just accept the request and then we can speak privately. But I like to do the actual inductions and tapers here so people can all benefit from them. I only do private messages when it's something that shouldn't be on the forum. The forum got you here and we want to help others find this place too. I know you will understand that train of thought. Take care. God bless.

Done and yes I understand, I just Might have a question that I want to discuss before hand. I will know all about how the Clinic plays out tomorrow, it just seems that all these Doctors have very different procedures regarding these Suboxone Clinics. But hopefully my day will go well and I can get a prescription and follow the aforementioned induction plan. Tomorrow will tell. I am just both excited and a little bit apprehensive, not in taking the drug Suboxone ... but did I choose the correct Clinic/Doctor, especially since my last Doctor helped to ruin the last year and half of my Life.

Done and yes I understand, I just Might have a question that I want to discuss before hand. I will know all about how the Clinic plays out tomorrow, it just seems that all these Doctors have very different procedures regarding these Suboxone Clinics. But hopefully my day will go well and I can get a prescription and follow the aforementioned induction plan. Tomorrow will tell. I am just both excited and a little bit apprehensive, not in taking the drug Suboxone ... but did I choose the correct Clinic/Doctor, especially since my last Doctor helped to ruin the last year and half of my Life.

You have to make sure you score a 26 or higher on the COWS worksheet before you start so you don't get terribly ill. I will put a link to it at the end of this reply.

I have to make a dr appt myself in the morning as I had a surgery a few months back and this is my post op meeting with the surgeon. I'll be home around lunchtime or shortly thereafter.

Check out this link closely. YOU CAN'T begin too soon!!!! You won't even believe how sick you'll get if you jump the gun. Don't take anything until we talk and do this together! God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/resources/opioi...wal-record.pdf

I won't get into the clinic until tomorrow. I checked my score on cows last night and I was at an honest 21, so an extra day should get me to the right level to start the treatment. I am so looking forward to starting a new chapter of my life, you-all don't know just how long I have been searching and asking for help. If I had only knew about this 8-9 months ago. Thnxx again for all the help and support. I will check in tomorrow when I get back from the clinic. The nurse told me today that I will be most likely getting a 2 dosage/per day of the 8/2mg. The nurse has been so helpful, and she also told me that this doctor does NOT dispense ANY Pain medication, he is very against Pain Narcotics big time, she made that clear that if I was looking for a pain Doctor that he was not it. But she shocked me too when she came back with an estimate of the costs of the medication at $250 for a 2 week supply of te above mentioned dosage...Oh Lord that along with the Doctor fee is going to be tough but it is well worth it to get off this Awful Methadone !

I won't get into the clinic until tomorrow. I checked my score on cows last night and I was at an honest 21, so an extra day should get me to the right level to start the treatment. I am so looking forward to starting a new chapter of my life, you-all don't know just how long I have been searching and asking for help. If I had only knew about this 8-9 months ago. Thnxx again for all the help and support. I will check in tomorrow when I get back from the clinic. The nurse told me today that I will be most likely getting a 2 dosage/per day of the 8/2mg. The nurse has been so helpful, and she also told me that this doctor does NOT dispense ANY Pain medication, he is very against Pain Narcotics big time, she made that clear that if I was looking for a pain Doctor that he was not it. But she shocked me too when she came back with an estimate of the costs of the medication at $250 for a 2 week supply of te above mentioned dosage...Oh Lord that along with the Doctor fee is going to be tough but it is well worth it to get off this Awful Methadone !

Keep in mind that those are 16mg doses you are getting and if I induct you that 16mg will literally lasts for DAYS!!! So you'll have enough meds that we will possibly be able to complete your taper with probably no more than two dr visits. Just keep it to yourself what we are doing and get all the meds you can up front. Then you can forget going back, we'll get you clean right here on a minimal dose. All is not lost!! God bless.

DadsWatchinU is offline New Member

My Dear Tired...I am the Momma of a daughter, for sake of keeping her identity private, I will make this vague ..between 30-35, 2 children, between 1-8, she has abused opiates, >>>>>>e, then when the second child was on the way a few yrs ago went to the Methadone Clinic for "help"...Dear God, did they ever help her alright! She, her Dad & I, her real Mom & Step Dad, (my stepdaughter) have lost everything including our sanity, due to the Methadone. My point...I came across your post tonight (3:24 am here) & had to reply to you so you would know that you are far from alone, & in the best hands in the country with Robert! My prayers will be with you until I know you are fully recovered, and please if you ever listened to a stranger, listen to this mother, Robert_325 is one of the most decent, honorable men I have come across in years. he not only works with addiction in his monetary life, he dedicates hour after hour to this forum & to the site he referred to for private messaging. Taking time from family & friends he has laid claim to saving thousands of lives even though he will never tell you as much, a humble man, he only tells you he has done this taper thousands of times...yes, that is true, but he has saved thousands of lives as well ! I came across his over 3 years ago when I 1st cried out for help w/my daughter, her never left my side, always responded to my pitiful ignorant questions & helped me to learn, learn that she was not a looser, druggie, but my loving daughter that was stolen from me by a series of events that led her to that clinic. Please keep posting, please please listen to him, he will get you though this with the least of withdrawals & suffering & help you to re-introduce yourself back to society & a normal life. ROBERT: you are an angel & there is a special place in heaven for you! i pray for you too, but my prayers are for thanks, you are one in a million, a trillion actually my sweet friend. God Bless & Good health & May your surgery bring an end to what ever ails you, for you deserve not! MommaNancy & DadsWatchinU
    MommaNancy & DadsWatchU

Thumbs down I'm Back

I am finally back, it's a long story really. I was scheduled to get into a Suboxone clinic 3 weeks ago, but when I got there the Nurse had totally mis-informed me of the costs involved. So I had to cancel my appointment because I just did not have the $750.00 they required for the first time patient fee. The Nurse also informed me that the Doctor for the first month sees each patient ever week at a charge of $100. Then there is the cost of the medicine too, there was no-way that I could swing all that. I tried in vain to understand why the Nurse I called mis-informed me about their fees. Needless to say I was so very disappointed, after everything that I had been through I was disgusted and heart broken. But I was still determined to get off of this Methadone. I went back home and called and called so many Doctors offices that i lost count, the number was literally about 50-60 different offices. I found the prices were no where near an average. From Upwards of a $1000.00 for Day #1 to even $100 for day #1. But I soon realized that the details that the office personnel did Not tell you are what really could make a huge difference in choosing which Doctor to go see. There were a distinct few that required the patient to come back within a Month from their first day#1 and then there were Doctors that required patients to come back weekly for up to 3 straight months. I now knew what I needed to ask each Office when I called them. After a weeks worth of calling every Office in my area I finally ended up finding a Doctor that charged $100 for the first visit, then $75 every 2 weeks. However it would be a weeks wait to get into see him. I then found out that this Doctor is only there on Wednesdays ONLY. This kind of bothered me but the price was right. So I went for it, the first visit was very quick and to the point, the Doctor seemed blunt and direct. He did not care to hear the details about my previous Methadone use, nor which Doctor was prescribing it. He did not ask if I was prescribed the drug or was getting it illegally. This was cause for some concern, but I had committed, had paid my $100 and was there having to go thru with it, what was the worst that could happen ? I started out as low as possible from carefully reading about Robert's method. regardless things were going OK I guess, I was feeling OK not great nor good just OK. Which I might add I was thrilled from my previous cold turkey withdrawals approaches to getting off 60mg/daily Methadone. I knew it would take time, the Doctor said it might take 2 full mnths before the Methadone was 100% out of my system, and he also said it could take a year to be off of Suboxone. I thought to myself that I could get off of Suboxone sooner than year, but I wasnt going to tell him that. On my second Appointment it was my birthday and my sister had baked a cake, we (my family)were all excited that here I was going off into a great new direction with my life getting off that Methadone. We all piled into the car and they let me off to see the Doctor while they rode around. I was through with the appintment in no time, but I did NOT want to call them back because I was So Upset with this Doctor. When the Doctor started in the door to the exam room he started in n me about having gained a few pounds since my first visit. I was shocked because I rarely ate anything because honestly I didnt feel that well. I tried as best i could to get out and be active, I cut my grass, which is a big yard, it is also very hot here where I live, I worked out in my shop as much as I felt that I could. But the Doctor would hear none of it, He stared to actually Yell at me for being overweight. Now let me explain that since I have been on the Methadone I have gained weight, the Methadone killed my metabolism. I have gained 60lbs which is allot but I am far from obese as I was 188lbs when I started the Methadone and I am slightly over 6 foot tall. I am not exagerating this at all, honestly my jaw was on the floor and I did not know how to react to this Doctor, yelling, and berating me for my weight. I then tried to tell him about how I was having restless leg syndrome but he held his hands up as if to say I dont want to hear it. he then said that........ "I have a good mind to not write you this second prescription, and if when you come back in 2 weeks if you have not significantly lost allot of weight I will drop you, as I have a good mind to drop you right now."......Here this Doctor had come into the exam room and NOT once had he asked how I was feeling, how the drug was working, nothing to the effect of how I was doing.....I then asked if they were apart of the patient assistance program, the Doctor said I dont have anything to do with that , the nurse heard me ad she said that No they don't get involved with coupons, or any assistance plans. I walked out of the office and I could tell that all of the other patients were looking at me. You know I felt 2 inches tall, the rage was starting to boil deep inside me. My Family drove back to pick me up and were so eager to hear what the Doctor had said so after some prodding I told them. They too were speechless, we went to my house. But I was not hungry for the Carrot Cake that my sister had made me. I felt so bad that she had gone to so much trouble and me not want it. It was my birthday and honestly I have never wanted nor need to have a big birthday party to feel Loved or needed in my life. I was always the husband that made sure his wife had a huge party, with tons of nice gifts. I got so much joy from seeing other people happy. but let me tell you all that came roaring back as the minutes clicked off of the clock. All my Life I was the one that made sure other people had a great Birthday and now this IDIOT Doctor had ruined my 51 Birthday, all because he was obsessed with my weight. I then stared thinking of how this last Pain Doctor that prescribed me the Methadone for pain, NEVER listened to me, I kept trying and trying to get him to take me off of it. Not once would he ever listen to me, and now he I was with another Doctor that was doing the same thing........After I calmed down in a few hours I called some people; got their advice slept on it overnight and then I got back on the phone and made an Appointment with another Suboxone licensed Doctor and this one is also a Pain Management Doctor. This newest Doctor is more expensive but his reputation is very very good. People say that he spends allot of time with each patient, not some cattle stock yard herding them in like cattle. But the main attraction for me is that he is in fact a Pain Management Doctor. If and when I get off of the Suboxone what happens then with my back injury ?..................I am so sorry for this Long Winded post........I am so worn out from these Doctors, look at where the greatest Country in the World is when it concerns their own peoples Health care ???...surely is this the best that the USA can do ????

AKgrown is offline New Member

First off, I want to thank everyone for posting their stories and experiences with Methadone and Methadone w/d on this site, I have spent several hours sifting through posts forums on-line and have found this site to be particularly helpful. I live in a small town in Alaska and have been addicted to Methadone since I was 16, almost 7 years now. It started out small, just getting high with friends on whatever we could get our hands on - there really isn't much to do around here, most of the kids in this town and others like it end up turning to drugs at one point or another. After awhile I met a guy, whos friend gave him handfulls of 'dones every day. I have been hooked since then. I have never had them prescribed, I always found them on the streets. Over the years I took more or less, depending on availability and cash on hand. For the last year or so I have maintained a small dose, around 10mg to 20mg a day, 50mg/day on a bad day or when availability and cash allowed. I have knocked that down to 2.5mg/day and even slightly less trying to wean myself off of them. I have had little to no luck. I have kicked everything from methamphetamines to herion and everything in between, without rehab, and without a problem. For some reason these evil lil suckers just wont let me go. I've been impressed with the reviews you have gotten Robert, and would like any advice or info you can give me. There is a sub clinic about 80+ miles away from here, with a several week/several month waiting list, as well as $280 to walk through the door, and $10/pill fees. I have a decent job working for a lawyer now and life is good. Nonetheless, I am tired of waking up every morning and needing that god awful little pill to feel normal. I apologize for the ranting, my story is a long one. I'm wondering if you can give me info on non-narcotic meds that I can get from the general practitioner docs around here that will help with the withdrawls and sleeplessness. I have to work 8hrs/day 5days/week, cant afford to miss work, and cant afford to be w/d'ing at work either, any ideas?? My sister is a nutritionist/herbologist and is on board to help, but any herbs or supplements or the like that you are aware of that may provide help, please let me know.
    Last edited by AKgrown; 06-11-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Can anyone help me? Im a nursing student who is on MMT. I am desperately trying to come off of it.You can not get your license while on it. I have decreased 20 mg, and am now at 60 mg, but the clinix reduces me so slowly, like maybe 5 a month if I am lucky. What does anyone think about going under for detox? I am just terribly sick of the clinic not wanting to take me down faster. I have take homes and they say that the pharmacist only comes so ofteb and that's why it is taking so long. I know that is bull, they just do not want me off of it.

The blood pressure pill clonadine will help with creepy crawlies that withdrawl causes, and maybe they could give some valium with it for sleep. Clonadine also helps with the sleep.