Methadone Withdrawal
    House1363 is offline New Member

Default Methadone Withdrawal

I was addicted opana and ended up ODing one night went to hospital and nurse mentioned methadone clinic and other rehab options i didnt want to go a rehab place for personal reasons and ended up going to a methadone clinic worse mistake i ever made. I was on it first 8 months at about 60mgs. I came off if it fast 10mgs a week if i remember correctly. Now its been 8 months since i came off of it and im still not normal i still can not sleep pee every 30 mins to an hour still sneezing my pupils are the size of pins and the worse part is ive had an increase in sex drive and i am covered in acne all over my face and back its not just one or 2 pimples im covered. Also my mind is still not the same i think of weird things and dont have the confidence i used to. Just til recently i couldnt feel pot when i smoked it when i drank i felt nothing i tried shot after shot and would be totally sober but that stuff has since got better. Ive noticed small changes but not much. I dont know what to do if this is normal or not if u have any ideas experience comments i would greatly appreciate it.

numbOne is offline Member

8 months is just too long to be feeling that way. Although some say it can take upto 18 months to get back to normal again after prolonged opiate use - you really should be feeling better. I'd consult a Dr or two and/or get busy with detox cleanses and plenty of activity to get all your natural stuff working again.

One small tidbit. And this is not advice as i doubt it will work for anyone else. It's just what happened to me.
    When i first came off opiates after using appx 3 years, it was Jan 2010. ALL month long i just was NOT right.
    Into the first weekend of February and still felt hopeless. Anyway, i used again. Felt great using For nearly a Month, stopped C/T and after a few days was feeling pretty much normal. Sleep remained tough for a little while, but i was out of that fog and my thoughts were coming - my head felt like it was on straight. Since then i have gone off/on may more times so im not the one to preach what is the right way, as im detoxing this moment at work once again. But in this instance, had i not gone back, who knows how long it would have lasted? 8 months like you?? Can't live like that so do something...

BlackFox is offline New Member

I was on methadone for years, and quit cold turkey at 160 MG's..I experienced the same thing. I could drink a fifth of vodka a day, I diddnt sleep more than 5 hrs straight for at least 6 months. I have to go now but will post back when I have more time..stay strong u will survive.

BlackFox is offline New Member

One more thing , I go to a Dr who is reguraded as one of the best in the country , and he told me it could take years for my brain and body to heal. You may have something else going on, but as far as methadone w/d, possibly 2+ yrs for your CNS to recover.