Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Comeback Kid
  • 1 Post By Sundwn
Loratab 10
    Family172428 is offline New Member

Question Loratab 10

I have questions about my addiction on loratabs!! I am an addict I wanna get clean??? I am addicted to loratab 10 and have been for 2 1/2 years I hide my life behind this high!!! I don't take them when I wake up or anything like that I function everyday I go to work but as soon as I get out of work I take 5 at a time and possibly have to take 1 more before bed!!! I have quite twice it was a little difficult I wrote a list to remind me why I want to stop I clearly know why I want to stop but I couldent now I am really ready I think??? I feel like I can't live without the high and energy I get!!! Do you get ur energy back like you did before u started taking them??? I want to stop again but I am so scared???

thalia45 is offline Member

hoping for replies from others so I am bumping up this thread...

sho16 is offline New Member

have you stopped? thats the first step. i'm dealing w the same thing. been off and on so many times i can't count. never been over 2 weeks tho. they say after that its much much better. looking for advice as well. i have the same as you lortab 10s

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You are really not taking all that much lortab. Do the w/d's suck? Yup! Check out the Thomas Recipe for the w/d. Yes you do get your energy back over time. Exercise is great for getting through the lethargic times. But energy does come back. I think that your problem is going to be changing your patterns. Instead of using, go to the gym, take a walk, go to NA, take a class, whatever, but you've got to break that pattern first. Don't be scared, everyone is at first, but then you will feel you energy come back, feel your life come back. You will get out of that loop of guilt. But you have to want to not just quit, but change your habits. Getting clean is not an event it's a process.
    There is a lot of support on this board, so POST! :P

IloeRose

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Family172428 View Post
    I have questions about my addiction on loratabs!! I am an addict I wanna get clean??? I am addicted to loratab 10 and have been for 2 1/2 years I hide my life behind this high!!! I don't take them when I wake up or anything like that I function everyday I go to work but as soon as I get out of work I take 5 at a time and possibly have to take 1 more before bed!!! I have quite twice it was a little difficult I wrote a list to remind me why I want to stop I clearly know why I want to stop but I couldent now I am really ready I think??? I feel like I can't live without the high and energy I get!!! Do you get ur energy back like you did before u started taking them??? I want to stop again but I am so scared???
    Yes the energy comes back, and life also no longer have to hide anything, lie, avoid people ect. Think about it , if life did not get better there wouldn't be anyone sober/clean, so there has got to be something to it!
    It is scary, but we all have done it,and you can too, again the Thomas recipe will help. Going to have to change playmates and playgrounds though that is a must. You and Sho16 hang in there there is plenty of support here for ya'll God Bless Surfdog

Thank you guys so much for your replies and support!! Thas all I need I'm really not takin that much but very $$$$ I want to get clean n be normal again I'm scared my life won't be the same again like it was befor I started these drugs I am barley 22 I kno I have my whole life ahead of me ur soo right it's a habit that I really need and want to break just not sure how and to stay focused on not doing them :/ all I need is someone to talk to me and support and let me know everything will be fine and I'll be my same old self over time!! I have a 4 1/2 yr old daughter who means the world to me everyday I live with the guilt of me doing them until I do get " higgs" but I do want to stop for me and for her but the energy I get from them after work to keep me going is probAlly the main reason I still use!!! Please keep the support coming I appriciate them and need it is there anything to take to help with the withdraws as I still have to work and function properly??

What is the Thomas recipe??

thalia45 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Family172428 View Post
    What is the Thomas recipe??
    YOU have the Higgs (bosun, that is... LOL)? Google that and "the thomas recipe") and you will have both.
    Someone probably has a link...

So I am detoxing now my question if I am leaning myself on them will the detoxing be worse when I'm done leaning myself??

surfdog is offline Senior Member

It would probably be easier to go ct,but that is your choice, Expect about 5-7 of bad flu like symptoms may not be that bad if weaning. Depending on where you are now with the weaning. You can do this and you will have support here. God bless surfdog

Comeback Kid is offline Advanced Member

Familyman. I am someone who started with the same problem. It was something that was only an "after work" thing. Thinking I wasn't an addict because it was after 5pm. You can see my very first post from early 2011 when I tried quitting right before my son was born. Well as soon as he was born, the stresses of having a newborn, and life lead me back down that road. It didn't help that my wife was prescribed oxycodone after delivery. I began taking them in the mornings to get through work, and then take that 5 or 6 after work. I can assure you, you've already admitted you are addicted, you will increase your intake gradually and it will spiral out of control. Im glad I caught mine when I did. Because I could see the end of the road and I wasn't through with life, im only 29. I never got bad off in the oxy's it was always 50-80mg of hydro a day(sure not huge, but heading toward "huge") I had just started taking OP80's and i could see me going nowhere. But getting over it is SOOOOO worth it. You will regain your energy. Your body will repair itself. Your liver will thank you Good luck sir.
    surfdog and Sundwn like this.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?”
    Do tomorrow what you did today, you get tomorrow what you got today
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm CST)

Sundwn is offline Member

FM, everybody's different. But I predict that you will feel much better in about 7 days. That is if you have ct,d. I was where you are once for about be same length of time. I was taking about 6 to 8 a day for about 2/1/2 years , same as you. It's no picnic, the wd,s, but the recovery time is shorter than with any scedule II meds. Oxy,s Percs etc. But, like I said, everyone is different. Drink plenty of water. It really helps. Stay away from caffeinated beverages if possible. Muscle milk is good if you have problems eating........I see now that you are weaning off....not sure how that works, could never do it. But we/I support you in your efforts. You can do this. And believe me. Life is sooooo much better. You,ll get energy back. One day at a time my friend.....stay the course bud......SD
    surfdog likes this.