Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crazin
Long term effects of Tramadol
    Tramadead is offline New Member

Default Long term effects of Tramadol

I am wondering how much of my laziness, lack of motivation and other traits are related to being on Tramadol SR for the last 10 years. I've never been a hyper person but now I feel like a sloth! I rarely get housework done, I never get round to seeing friends, I don't open my post because that would mean dealing with it and any form of organisation has long since upped and left

How do you think Tramadol has affected your personality? Here are a few examples of how I think it affects me but won't know til I quit

Lethergy and fatigue
    Difficuly in maintaining interest in conversations (zone out)
    Very easily out of breath
    Loss of libido
    weight gain
    feeling weak
    Cognitive function very impaired
    Memory issues - short term mainly

Please feel free to add to this, I want to know what improvements I can hope for once I'm completely off it.......

Have I posted this in the wrong place??

crazin is offline Junior Member

Hi Tramadead,
    Every one of those effects could be coming from the tramadol directly, and most can also be coming from your addiction in general. Addiction is a very painful thing and effects EVERY aspect of our lives. These effects you are experiencing are some of the many negative consequences that push us to get clean. I would bet 9 out of 10 addicts will tell you they felt the same way near the end. Sadly, we don't seem to remember the many negatives of addiction nearly as well as we remember the "positives". Good luck!
    Tramadead likes this.

AlmostHome is offline Junior Member

I took tramadol for three years, i decided to stop when i became lazy - sleepy and overall useless between doses, at a certain point one either realizes that this is a problem and stops or they increase the dosage making the inevitable first option evenharder. It could be that you have grown your tollerance to the point that a dose of SR isnt enough to hold off those symptoms.

I actually find tramadol to have a stimulant effect, even though i ceased my daily doses, i still use it on an as needed basis, although i am at the point where i can cut a 50mg pill in 1/2 and that can keep me mobile for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostHome View Post
    I took tramadol for three years, i decided to stop when i became lazy - sleepy and overall useless between doses, at a certain point one either realizes that this is a problem and stops or they increase the dosage making the inevitable first option evenharder. It could be that you have grown your tollerance to the point that a dose of SR isnt enough to hold off those symptoms.

I actually find tramadol to have a stimulant effect, even though i ceased my daily doses, i still use it on an as needed basis, although i am at the point where i can cut a 50mg pill in 1/2 and that can keep me mobile for the day.
    On the 2 x 200mg SR tabs both taken together in the morning I would get around an hour of being high. Thankfully I never abused them and never took them for the high. I realised a while ago though, that I only took them because I know I'd have felt awful if I didn't. They never helped my leg pain but they made me feel so good early on that I thought they were helping.

I'm so glad I did my own research on this filth and actually have discovered I have less pain than when on full dose. In the next few days I will quit the last daily pill, probably sooner rather than later as I've never been known for my patience lol I just want off it. Fingers crossed it will go as smooth as the taper but I am prepared if not

P1cky is offline New Member

Wow, when I googled "long term tramadol use" I was thinking weeks or months. Not years! Thanks for sharing everybody. This has been eye-opening for me. I suffer from chronic back pain.

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

How long have you been on Trams P1???