Living in my own hell.
    Funtimesahead471 is offline New Member

Default Living in my own hell.

Well I have posted previously about quitting tramadol. I am at it again. I successfully quit about two months ago, I am on day two of detox. I am living in my own hell, the first time I had help from my mom I went and stayed with her threw detox. I can't let people know I fell back to my old habits. I am soo sick right now. This is day two. I havfe two kids here at home I need to take care of and I am finding the smallest tasks hard to deal with. Like changing a diaper. I have no moral Support. I need help. Please anyone. I want to quit. I don't want to have to take a pill to feel normal.

I just read your post. I do not have experience with taking Tremadol (spelling may be off) but I am currently on Day 3 of quitting pain medication. My addiction began two years ago with Oxys, then I was taking perc 30s and Opana 40s on occassion. I too was a slave to these little pills. I've had time to reflect past 3 days. How did some little pill become such a BIG problem?? Is what kept going through my mind. I used everything as an excuse to take them. Waking up, going to sleep, watching a movie, going out in public. I felt I needed a pill to do anything, to make myself feel "normal". The more I've thought nothing about this was normal. Noone knew about my addiction. This site has really helped me to get through, to make changes for ME and not to let the pills make my everyday decisions, or the lack of decisions that were made as to be too high from the pills I didn't want to do anything but be alone. The pills ruled me, ruled my life, and I'm slowly regaining control. Hope all is well and I'm thinking of you today

dlink01 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4change12 View Post
    I just read your post. I do not have experience with taking Tremadol (spelling may be off) but I am currently on Day 3 of quitting pain medication. My addiction began two years ago with Oxys, then I was taking perc 30s and Opana 40s on occassion. I too was a slave to these little pills. I've had time to reflect past 3 days. How did some little pill become such a BIG problem?? Is what kept going through my mind. I used everything as an excuse to take them. Waking up, going to sleep, watching a movie, going out in public. I felt I needed a pill to do anything, to make myself feel "normal". The more I've thought nothing about this was normal. Noone knew about my addiction. This site has really helped me to get through, to make changes for ME and not to let the pills make my everyday decisions, or the lack of decisions that were made as to be too high from the pills I didn't want to do anything but be alone. The pills ruled me, ruled my life, and I'm slowly regaining control. Hope all is well and I'm thinking of you today
    Good for you. I read about your issue of feeling "normal" and can absolutely relate.

I took Tramadol to deal with work issues/stress and it worked like a charm...oh, except when I realized I was taking over 1000mg per day for weeks.

I am now in Day 4 Cold Turkey and struggling but reading this forum is giving me so much comfort