just wanted to check in
    gamomma is offline Member

Default just wanted to check in

I'm starting day 12 today and I have to say yesterday and today have been awesome I'm soooooo much better I feel stronger more energy I'm just feeling like me again the real me it so satisfying knowing I don't need drugs to make me feel good or normal it takes time but I'm doing it thanks to everyone who gave me encouragement

AlmostHome is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by gamomma View Post
    I'm starting day 12 today and I have to say yesterday and today have been awesome I'm soooooo much better I feel stronger more energy I'm just feeling like me again the real me it so satisfying knowing I don't need drugs to make me feel good or normal it takes time but I'm doing it thanks to everyone who gave me encouragement
    Congratulations, I remember when I hit this point in my recovery, it is like waking up from a dream and it only gets better. Make sure you go outside today, even if the weather isnt all that good, look up at the sky, breath in the fresh air, take in all the sights, sounds and smells that you just glazed over while high on pills. You will be amazed at what you have been missing.

Good Job!

Almosthome thanks so much I've been doing just that taking short walks on my dirt road I've seen deer and all kinds of wildlife I never even thought about beore it like I'm more alive than ever it feels so good to be out of that fog people are noticing a difference in me too they say I look healthy said I always looked sick before uhhh duh I was sick but I'm so thankful I found this site the encouragement has helped me so much and the success stories also even the ones that slipped helped me I'm just so glad to be drug free and feeling better than I did on them

Gamomma: Just checking in and saying Yeah!! I'm so happy for you isn't it a great feeling when even others notice a difference? My boyfriend asked me the other day.. Where are you getting all this energy from? I used to think the pills gave me energy, I needed them to do anything but now I realize they just distanced me from everything I enjoyed. I was almost lifeless, like not even here. I hope you have a wonderful weekend Isnt your birthday soon?? What a wonderful gift to give yourself, actually the BEST gift... Getting you back and able to enjoy life!! <3

Talking

Hey ready4change God yes it feels sooooo good I turn on my radio and clean house dancing around and I haven't done that in so long and the energy thing absolutely mine is like wow now I do get tired quick but I drink a v8 and I'm good plus I take a multi vitamin thank you so much for your encouraging words they mean so much yes my birthday is Thursday the 9th I'm really looking forward to it the first clean one in a while its going to be Amazing!!!!!!!! regaurdless because I've come sooo far and I love me again it made me feel wonderful when my sons both told me how good I looked its absolutely the best gift to myself ever sobriety I'm loving life again everything is so real again the world is beautiful again thanks so much and congrats to you on your journey as well it the hardest thing ever but we made it baby every day is new

Cool

Well yesterday was my best day yet I rode my horse for the first time in months and it felt soooo good I love her she gets me horses see into your soul I love my Sierra and it just felt so good to get on her and ride I felt so free the way I used to feel before using its an amazing feeling I'm not done yet I know I still have a long way to go NA is helping a lot I can't say what the futre holds but I living the here and now taking it one day at a time I'm clear and I know I never want to lose that feeling again I never want something to control and supress my life ever again I'm more active and my friends can't believe the changein my attitude my energy they tell me my eyes are beautiful haven't hesrd that in a while pills put a haze over them I'm just so glad I'm in the other end now every day I'm a little strong a little more energetic a little more me its amazing oh yeah its Super Bowl Sunday and I Love Football hope everyone has a great day I'm pulling for you all its worth the fight to get your life back