just need some support
    ByMyself is offline Junior Member

Default just need some support

Well this is my second go around with pain pills. The first time I got off them with subutex. With the help of this forum. So many of you helped me and I’m so sorry I’m here again doing the same thing. Growing up I never thought I would end up like this. I really do hate myself. I hate i did this to my family again. That I did this to my child and that I’m not the person I have always wanted to be. As you can imagine their really is a lot to say. The big question. WILL I EVER GET OVER THIS? I can’t say who i am from before because i can’t allow my family to find out. Im sure my husband will divorce me.
    Well at 9am i induced myself with 2mg. I’m shocked it worked. Last time the doc induced at 8mg and told me to take 16mg for the day. I had such a hard time in the beginning. Until i found this site. My goal is to get through this as fast as possible. As i know the longer a person is on this the harder it is to get off. I had almost a year clean before, and i just don’t know why i did this again. I’m just looking for support. Maybe I can be of some help to others also.

I am laying heer thinking about how easy it would be to just go back. just go back to the pills and handle this problem later. Im going to try to stay buisy and not make that call.

Try to stay strong!! Going back to the pills will just bring you back to Day 1, and start you all over again. I did not use suboxone or subutex, but I will promise you this it will get better. It's going to take time, and you need to just take it one day at a time. Sometimes I counted hours, minutes of my sobriety just to help me get through and knowing I was making progress. Thinking of you...

girl80902 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by ByMyself View Post
    I am laying heer thinking about how easy it would be to just go back. just go back to the pills and handle this problem later. Im going to try to stay buisy and not make that call.

Just my opinion but first off if this is a relapse for you as you stated and you are tempted by the pills that easily then I would suggest getting rid of the pills! I didn't have an abuse problem in the past but this past time I had to be on them I ended up with it and couldn't do it any other way but to make sure the pills were gone and that I didn't have anymore Dr. appts to get them again!

One day at a time! Each day will be a better day. Get out of the house or find something to keep your mind busy, so you're not thinking about wanting to take a pill. Your problem didn't happen over night and it won't be fixed over night....as much as we all want it to be!

shawn156 is offline Member

I relapsed and am back to getting off vicodin.I caved and took some at almost 24 hours into my w/d and now back to square one. I am 15 hours now but haven't had any thing happen as far as w/d goes and hope it stays this way. Just mild stomach pain is about it. Yesterday I had to run to the bathroom a few times.
    I no longer have any pills here,they were removed this morning by my request so I can't slip up anymore.

Good luck we can do this!

Keep your mind buisy
    Last edited by fatcatantstella; 02-07-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Sorry everyone ya im still hear. Doing a little better today. I think ill stay at 4mg a day for a little longer than 5 days. Just to be safe. Im really amazed how much easyer this was to do this time. Thank you to everyone who has written me. I didnt stay in tuch for the whole time i was clean and i think if i did I wouldn't be in this place right now.

InTenn is offline New Member

Will this is my first time in 4 years I have made up my mind I will get off these pills hope I can find some help I wont my old life back it was not as bad I fill better we I talk about it I need some friends so if any one wonts to go on down this road with me let me know

goodwrench1 is offline Junior Member

Im at day 4 of 4mg and I find that my mind keeps trying to trick me into thinking I need more but really its not to bad. You can do it.

Suboxowned is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by goodwrench1 View Post
    Im at day 4 of 4mg and I find that my mind keeps trying to trick me into thinking I need more but really its not to bad. You can do it.
    I noticed the same thing. I'm at day 3 of 3mgs. Something is trying to trick me into thinking I need an extra dose in the evening. Like if I get irritated, I want to take a dose. But, I haven't because I do not want to start all over. I'm feeling good so far. Tomorrow is my last day at 3mgs. Friday is 2mgs. I'm getting close to the bottom and it hasn't been bad at all!

goodwrench1 is offline Junior Member

Last night I went untill 7PM before taking my evening 1mg. I felt good enough that I allmost skipped. I think that if I feel that good tonight that I will. That would only be 2mg for the day. It does get easier I think.