Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Suboxowned
Izzn....we have a chapter of new friends...lol.
    girl80902 is offline Member

Default Izzn....we have a chapter of new friends...lol.

I wanted to start another thread to make sure you knew I am still here with you also.

I'm past day 6 now and feel fine. I didn't sleep well the last few nights but figured out why. I was buyinh the Melatonin from Walmart and it helped but ran out and bought a bottle someplace else....turns out it's coupled with B6.....Grrrr B6 helps with energy and I'm sure not lacking energy now....lol! I was double doseing on B6 due to that and it made me restless. Soooo, note to self READ THE BACK OF BOTTLES......lol. I hope to have better sleep tonight....we will see.

I am so proud of you! You are doing an amazing job with all this! Give it time for your body to rebuild with the supplements and vitimins and I would guess you will feel much, much better each day.

Keep me posted please because I'm thinking of you....I have alot of people to think of now and it feels wonderful!

Izzn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by girl80902 View Post
    I wanted to start another thread to make sure you knew I am still here with you also.

I'm past day 6 now and feel fine. I didn't sleep well the last few nights but figured out why. I was buyinh the Melatonin from Walmart and it helped but ran out and bought a bottle someplace else....turns out it's coupled with B6.....Grrrr B6 helps with energy and I'm sure not lacking energy now....lol! I was double doseing on B6 due to that and it made me restless. Soooo, note to self READ THE BACK OF BOTTLES......lol. I hope to have better sleep tonight....we will see.

I am so proud of you! You are doing an amazing job with all this! Give it time for your body to rebuild with the supplements and vitimins and I would guess you will feel much, much better each day.

Keep me posted please because I'm thinking of you....I have alot of people to think of now and it feels wonderful!
    Thank you for reaching out on this thread! gotta go pace now and will write more later. But day 5 for me of no opana! and 50 hours completely clean! I remember when YOU were at 50 hours and I was so inspired and envious!!

Quote Originally Posted by Izzn View Post
    Thank you for reaching out on this thread! gotta go pace now and will write more later. But day 5 for me of no opana! and 50 hours completely clean! I remember when YOU were at 50 hours and I was so inspired and envious!!
    Izzn, the Opana is pretty strong narcotic and your body will have a harder time readjusting from it. Plus, your prexsisting issues will be more pronounced because
    you are trying to deal with so many changes at one time. It's like a person who walks
    a 5 miles a day and decides out of the blue I'm going to run these 5 miles instead as hard and as fast as I can. That person WILL feel the effects of that run,hard core within a short period of time and it will take daaays for his body to feel normal enough again to even want to try and walk 5 miles again.

On the brighter side, think of all the calories your burning doing all that pacecing! Most people can walk 1 mile within 20-25 minutes....so start timing how many miles you are paceing and calculate how many calories you are burning....that will keep your mind busy and give you another positive goal! Making the best out of the worst is the mind set here! Now go burn them calories so you can look hott this summer.....lol!

Suboxowned is offline Member

Default You go girlz

Glad to see you two are doing good. I'm currently on day 2 of 3mgs. I get so agitated about 20 mins after I dose off then I wake up sweating and irritated. I've been waking up around 3-4:30 then by the time I fall asleep, about an hour I have to get up. Last night I took a melatonin and within 20 mins, I fell asleep and slept till 7a. I would've slept till 9 or 10a if I didn't have kids to get moving out the door.
    Keep in touch.
    Izzn and girl80902 like this.

Izzn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suboxowned View Post
    Glad to see you two are doing good. I'm currently on day 2 of 3mgs. I get so agitated about 20 mins after I dose off then I wake up sweating and irritated. I've been waking up around 3-4:30 then by the time I fall asleep, about an hour I have to get up. Last night I took a melatonin and within 20 mins, I fell asleep and slept till 7a. I would've slept till 9 or 10a if I didn't have kids to get moving out the door.
    Keep in touch.
    well I am 73 hours here. I still cant sleep at all, maybe 1/2 hour at a time once or twice a night. All my other symptoms have blessedly subsided except for some occasional anxiety and CONSTANT restless leg. I dont know if melatonin is helping me, tommorrow night I am going to see what happens without it. But I have the RLS all day long and then when night comes it kicks into an excruciating high gear. Right now at 73 hours, I pretty much have Restless Everything including my back muscles and my arms. I cant lay still, cant sit still, so pace and excercize! I am looking forward to the day I wake up in bed and am amazed at how long I slept!

I AM GLAD TO HEAR that you are so well, SUB! Congrats!

well I am 73 hours here. I still cant sleep at all, maybe 1/2 hour at a time once or twice a night. All my other symptoms have blessedly subsided except for some occasional anxiety and CONSTANT restless leg. I dont know if melatonin is helping me, tommorrow night I am going to see what happens without it. But I have the RLS all day long and then when night comes it kicks into an excruciating high gear. Right now at 73 hours, I pretty much have Restless Everything including my back muscles and my arms. I cant lay still, cant sit still, so pace and excercize! I am looking forward to the day I wake up in bed and am amazed at how long I slept!

Izzn did you call the Dr. and explain the situation?

Izzn. I don't normally encourage this but try going to get a bottle of wine or a beer and drink that just before bed...just ONE and see if that takes the edge of. I had a few patients that we would do this for (other reasons than yours) who were on meds for different things and it would do the trick.

Izzn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by girl80902 View Post
    Izzn. I don't normally encourage this but try going to get a bottle of wine or a beer and drink that just before bed...just ONE and see if that takes the edge of. I had a few patients that we would do this for (other reasons than yours) who were on meds for different things and it would do the trick.
    Thanks, Girl, I had considered that but was afraid. I am not sure I am afraid anymore to try a drink. Beginning day 5 of NO PILLS AT ALL and the RLS is still excruciating, it is still in my lower back too. I thought I had turned the corner yesterday morning when it stopped and I slept for 6 hours, but then it came back. It is nearly constant but it is in full overdrive for 12 straight hours during the night time. It is 5:30A now, and it is still very bad and wont let me even rest.

OK only day 5, even tho no Opana for 7 days. I dont know what the day will bring, if I will be able to sleep any, but late tonight I will try having a drink and see... I dont think it could make the RLS any worse. It never has before. The only thing that ever made it worse, in all the years I have had it, was benedryl. No benedryl for me ever, as it was a 100% guarantee of 48 hours of RLS if i ever took a benedryl or anything containing benedryl.

THAT was how I realized that all those fancy "PM" products, like Tylenoly PM etc, are NOTHING more than Tylenol plus benedryl.

I was so looking forward to today, Thursday, as I thought I would be feeling better and there is supposed to be sun today out there. But I still havent really slept at all in 5 straight nights.

I am sorry to be down when everyone else is trying to be positive, but even though I have been through hell since I flushed the opana 7 days ago, right now, I might really take something, just to shut my lower back and my legs down so I can sleep.

Izzn is offline Member

Just to be clear, I WONT take anything, but if I had it here in the house, I think I probably would.

Just to be clear, I WONT take anything, but if I had it here in the house, I think I probably would.
    Izzn, it's good to hear from you. I was wondering all day how you were doing yesterday? Is it just the RLS that's still bothering you? Have you gotten any rest at all? I wish I could be there to help you through this. I'm at a loss as to what to suggest anymore and my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine what you're going through! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Thanks, Girl, I had considered that but was afraid. I am not sure I am afraid anymore to try a drink. Beginning day 5 of NO PILLS AT ALL and the RLS is still excruciating, it is still in my lower back too. I thought I had turned the corner yesterday morning when it stopped and I slept for 6 hours, but then it came back. It is nearly constant but it is in full overdrive for 12 straight hours during the night time. It is 5:30A now, and it is still very bad and wont let me even rest.

OK only day 5, even tho no Opana for 7 days. I dont know what the day will bring, if I will be able to sleep any, but late tonight I will try having a drink and see... I dont think it could make the RLS any worse. It never has before. The only thing that ever made it worse, in all the years I have had it, was benedryl. No benedryl for me ever, as it was a 100% guarantee of 48 hours of RLS if i ever took a benedryl or anything containing benedryl.

THAT was how I realized that all those fancy "PM" products, like Tylenoly PM etc, are NOTHING more than Tylenol plus benedryl.

I was so looking forward to today, Thursday, as I thought I would be feeling better and there is supposed to be sun today out there. But I still havent really slept at all in 5 straight nights.

I am sorry to be down when everyone else is trying to be positive, but even though I have been through hell since I flushed the opana 7 days ago, right now, I might really take something, just to shut my lower back and my legs down so I can sleep.
    Izzn. Do try a drink and see if it will ease it. Do you remember when your RLS started back so many years ago? Do you think it may be a medication that triggerd it and may be something you are still on???? I just don't know what else to do other than you see a Dr. but I'm worried that will only lead to more narcotics....at this point its a question of if you want to be on them for the rest of your life ot not? I was reading that low iron can contribute to it. Are you taking vitamins?

AlmostHome is offline Junior Member

IZZN it is very possible that you have RLS and your opana just masked it. Try some nyquill. I was having RLS in my arms (if that makes sense) during the final stages of my recovery and it did t make it any worse.

Hang in there, if detox were easy there would be zero addicts in this world.