Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Izzn...how are you today?
    girl80902 is offline Member

Default Izzn...how are you today?

Izzn, I'm just checking in on you today. I've been thinking about you. You are in my prayers.

Izzn is offline Member

Default Failed

Quote Originally Posted by girl80902 View Post
    Izzn, I'm just checking in on you today. I've been thinking about you. You are in my prayers.
    I failed Girl. took 10mg Vicodin at my 44 hour mark. Took away the excruciating pain, but the RLS was still there. Some one suggested I try benedryl for sleep, I havent been able to take benedryl ever, as it really worsens my RLS. ~~ I have had RLS on and off for 37 years and it has had nothing to do with these pills, which is a 6 month habit. ~ I made a doc appointment, but they cant see me for 3 weeks. Dont know what will happen between now and then... Guess I am starting over today, it has been 14 hours and the RLS is just mild. But I can get up and move so that eases it. ~~ The other thing is, now that I have less chemicals in my body, my torn knee is very painful again. Just walking to the kitchen this morning hurt, I looked down at my knee and said "Oh yeah, I remember you exactly." The torn ligaments, the bone on bone grinding... whatever. I just had a crying jag and now I am off to force myself to do something, maybe unload the dishwasher. ~~ I feel pretty damn worthless and I actually WANT normal aches and pains again. ~~ Any advice regarding cold turkey vs weaning off?

Quote Originally Posted by Izzn View Post
    I failed Girl. took 10mg Vicodin at my 44 hour mark. Took away the excruciating pain, but the RLS was still there. Some one suggested I try benedryl for sleep, I havent been able to take benedryl ever, as it really worsens my RLS. ~~ I have had RLS on and off for 37 years and it has had nothing to do with these pills, which is a 6 month habit. ~ I made a doc appointment, but they cant see me for 3 weeks. Dont know what will happen between now and then... Guess I am starting over today, it has been 14 hours and the RLS is just mild. But I can get up and move so that eases it. ~~ The other thing is, now that I have less chemicals in my body, my torn knee is very painful again. Just walking to the kitchen this morning hurt, I looked down at my knee and said "Oh yeah, I remember you exactly." The torn ligaments, the bone on bone grinding... whatever. I just had a crying jag and now I am off to force myself to do something, maybe unload the dishwasher. ~~ I feel pretty damn worthless and I actually WANT normal aches and pains again. ~~ Any advice regarding cold turkey vs weaning off?
    I'm so sorry you are having so much trouble. Don't feel bad. You did what you needed to do and you still have not lost sight of your goal. I, myself had to do it CT only because I knew I didn't need them pills anymore. The Army teaches us, mind over matter and it really is. If in your mind you are making it out to be an awful time then it will be an awful time! 12 month deployments in a combat zone away from my babies IS an awful time but I had to "mind over matter it" 22 mile ruck marches with 50lb ruck sacks on my 5'1" 125lb frame IS awful and painful (trust me) again mind over matter. I always found a buddy and talked my way through every hard time. That's why I'm here for you. I know it's painful! I know real pain! I know CT is awful! I've done it! You ARE going to have SOME pain in any way you choose to get off. I personally would rather have pain then mental unstability (that's my weakness) I can deal with pain....lol...as funny as it sounds since I abused pain meds. Try to go to the store and get the list of supplements I suggested. Look for the OTC RLS medicine and get an allergy medicine for RUNNY nose (cheap one is fine)and get the Extra sleepytime Celestrial tea and some Melatonin (Walmart has it for 88cents for 15 tabs in a white bottle)...take all as directed ....that will help you sleep or at least relax you enough to feel more comfortable. What helped me RLS (the few times I had it) was jogging in place for 15 min...I was so tired it let me feel i could rest ( I jog fast...I run 7 min miles). I would suggest for you 9as to not stress your knee) lay on your back on the floor flat. Put your hands under your butt...elbows out and lift you legs off the floor about 6 inch....so you feel the pull in your belly. Then move them up and down while keeping them straight.....like your walking without bending your knees. count as high as you can until you just have to put them down. Repeat and try and beat your last score keep this up until your legs feel tired. We call this flutter kicks in the Army....very, very good for your back, belly and legs with low stress to your body. it can't hurt you, only help you at this point. Try them supplements for a few days and if you need a pain pill then take one but then try skipping a day at a time. I honestly had one headache (cough meds took it away ..I used Nature Fusion by vicks. For some reason my Excederine Migrain didn't work on it) and i had a little bit of a low back ache one day. Compared to CT without supplements and vitamin, I was hurting from day one.

I'm doing much better today! I was able to get my housework done and even made coffe and cooked and showered. I don't feel at all irritated like I did yesterday. If I feel this good tomorrow I may go to the store and an outing with my kids. I'm not 100% but I'm a good 75% today....I know everyday will be different, so, I'm just going to enjoy it as I can.

Izzn please know I will never judge you but I will always be here to offer advice because I know how frusterating it is to not want them pills but need them. let me know if I can help any other way.

Suboxowned is offline Member

Default Hi Girl

I had to jump in and say hi! I've been reading most of your posts and I wish I would have weened off of the hydro's instead of going on Suboxone. The highest amount I took a day was no more than 10 (maybe some days was 11 or 12). According to my Dr., that was not a lot. I just couldn't handle the w/d's. I'm a wimp when it comes to the RLS. I think I can handle everything else but when I wake up at 3am and I feel this horrible ache in my legs and a sudden urge to move, drives me insane! Right now, I am weening off of Suboxone. 2 weeks ago, I was at 12mgs a day. Now, I am at 4mgs a day and I feel so much better just dropping 8mgs. I feel like the dark cloud following me around is lightening up a little. I read in one of your posts about the supplements you take. I've written the list and later this week, I'm going to start taking them so I have them in my system when I get down to 0mgs of Suboxone. I want to be off of this stuff by my birthday which is April 9th. I'll be the big 4-3 this year. This is going to be the best year for me. I'm going to be clean of everything! After I get this Suboxone out of my body, I'm getting off the anti-depressants!!! The only pills this chick will pop are vitamins!!
    I'll be stopping by to say hi often. You are so positive and a good support system (and I know I'm gonna need support) Talk to you later! I'm looking forward to being lazy this Saturday evening! lol

nobby02 is offline Member

I don't know what I have done different this time but I am not getting the RLS as much, Immodium, Bcomplex and L-tyrosine, something is working. Might be the 2 flexarils and two valiums I take at night but I have done that before and still had RLS. That is the worst, wanting to sleep but can't.

Quote Originally Posted by nobby02 View Post
    I don't know what I have done different this time but I am not getting the RLS as much, Immodium, Bcomplex and L-tyrosine, something is working. Might be the 2 flexarils and two valiums I take at night but I have done that before and still had RLS. That is the worst, wanting to sleep but can't.
    That is what I'm dreading. RLS. That is the one thing I could not deal with when I would run out of my vicodin a day too soon. Trying to sleep was the worse feeling I ever had. I literally wanted to die. That is why I went on Suboxone instead of weening off of the pills. I'm going to buy all of the supplements that "girl" uses and along with some Xanax or Valium (or whatever the Dr. gives me) will help for the sleep. Hang in there---it will get better, soon

Izzn is offline Member

Hi SubOwned. So good to hear from you! We 3 seem to be on another thread too, titled "50 Hour Mark" or something similar. yes, I am dealing with runny nose, upset stomach, chills, sweats, cold sweats, anxiety, overall ache, as well as the returning pain of my injuries etc. But with all that, it is the RLS that terrifies me the most. I guess that I why I am hanging on to 2 tabs of perc right now. I have disposed of everything else and I am scared. The minute I dumped the vicodin I wanted them back. But oh well!

~~~ GIRL my son in law is in the Army, 101st Airborne. He is a Blackhawk pilot, has had 7 deployments. Do you have any idea how special you are? they dont have kids, but the sacrifice you make being away from your kids amazes me. Thank you for all you do for me and mine. If you have any connections with WO4 in the 101st, please dont tell him how you know me!

Hi SubOwned. So good to hear from you! We 3 seem to be on another thread too, titled "50 Hour Mark" or something similar. yes, I am dealing with runny nose, upset stomach, chills, sweats, cold sweats, anxiety, overall ache, as well as the returning pain of my injuries etc. But with all that, it is the RLS that terrifies me the most. I guess that I why I am hanging on to 2 tabs of perc right now. I have disposed of everything else and I am scared. The minute I dumped the vicodin I wanted them back. But oh well!

~~~ GIRL my son in law is in the Army, 101st Airborne. He is a Blackhawk pilot, has had 7 deployments. Do you have any idea how special you are? they dont have kids, but the sacrifice you make being away from your kids amazes me. Thank you for all you do for me and mine. If you have any connections with WO4 in the 101st, please dont tell him how you know me!
    What a small world! My oldest son was in 101st Airborne with numerous tours. Now he is a Recruiter in Minnesota and only 28yrs old! I am so proud of all of our service men and women. They are very brave!

nobby, that is what I've been taking also along with a multivitamin and Magnisium. I've never ever taken Valium and have not had flexaril in yeeeears....so ur right it's the other supplements! I figured it out a few months back (before I knew it was WDs I was going through). I use to always take supplements and vitamins but stopped because of the Vicodines controlled my life and I didn't care anymore. Well the next time I ran out of Vics I was on the supplements and was in so much pain and irritable...everything you all are having issues with. So this time I stocked up and made sure I was taking everything I could think of so I could sleep, have little pain and mental stability. I started taking it a week before I was out of Vics. I did the CT while taking my supps and I'm being honest when I tell you it was like night and day! The headache on the 2nd day was cured by the cough meds and Motrin worked for the low back ache.....the only thing was my mental status and as you can see it was short lived also...1 day that made me crazy. Try it and you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Suboxowned View Post
    I had to jump in and say hi! I've been reading most of your posts and I wish I would have weened off of the hydro's instead of going on Suboxone. The highest amount I took a day was no more than 10 (maybe some days was 11 or 12). According to my Dr., that was not a lot. I just couldn't handle the w/d's. I'm a wimp when it comes to the RLS. I think I can handle everything else but when I wake up at 3am and I feel this horrible ache in my legs and a sudden urge to move, drives me insane! Right now, I am weening off of Suboxone. 2 weeks ago, I was at 12mgs a day. Now, I am at 4mgs a day and I feel so much better just dropping 8mgs. I feel like the dark cloud following me around is lightening up a little. I read in one of your posts about the supplements you take. I've written the list and later this week, I'm going to start taking them so I have them in my system when I get down to 0mgs of Suboxone. I want to be off of this stuff by my birthday which is April 9th. I'll be the big 4-3 this year. This is going to be the best year for me. I'm going to be clean of everything! After I get this Suboxone out of my body, I'm getting off the anti-depressants!!! The only pills this chick will pop are vitamins!!
    I'll be stopping by to say hi often. You are so positive and a good support system (and I know I'm gonna need support) Talk to you later! I'm looking forward to being lazy this Saturday evening! lol
    Sub: thank you for stopping by to read my posts! I was on the same amount of Vics you were taking when I went CT. But keep in mind everyones WDs are their own...we may experience the same things but everyones tolerence is different! You have to go with the plan that fits YOU best! If the Suboxone is what made you stick to your plan to stay clean then its a great plan! The supplements worked for me but doesn't mean you will have the same experience. I do know its a mind over matter in the whole process. If your mind isn't in it than you body responds the same way. Stay focused! Robert 325 is the best one to get you off the Suboxone....I've never had anything like that and not sure what the WDs would be with that medication. Keep counting hours because soon they will be days and week then months and years!
    Suboxowned likes this.

Izzn: My cousin is the SGM (highest ranking enlisted) for the 101st Airborne at Ft. Campbell....lol. Don't worry I would never say anything to anyone 1st because no one knows my problem, so I'm not about to talk to them about yours! I was with 1-6 Air Cav and we flew Kiows...the baby of the Blackhawks. Now I teach Nulear, Biological, Radilogical, Chemicals to officers and enlisted. I'm not any more special than my brother and sisters in arms but thank you. I love my job and but it has a price to pay. I was prior service with the Navy and was attached to the Marines as theri nurse (yes I'm an LPN...and got myself into trouble. I worked geriactics for 3 years before joining the military) I'll work for the VA as a nurse when I retire. Your secret is safe with me...promise!

Izzn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by girl80902 View Post
    Izzn: My cousin is the SGM (highest ranking enlisted) for the 101st Airborne at Ft. Campbell....lol. Don't worry I would never say anything to anyone 1st because no one knows my problem, so I'm not about to talk to them about yours! I was with 1-6 Air Cav and we flew Kiows...the baby of the Blackhawks. Now I teach Nulear, Biological, Radilogical, Chemicals to officers and enlisted. I'm not any more special than my brother and sisters in arms but thank you. I love my job and but it has a price to pay. I was prior service with the Navy and was attached to the Marines as theri nurse (yes I'm an LPN...and got myself into trouble. I worked geriactics for 3 years before joining the military) I'll work for the VA as a nurse when I retire. Your secret is safe with me...promise!
    ummm!>>>>> my son in law is at Ft Campbell now, again. He was prior service in the national guard, which let him pilot as enlisted and he sort of 'grandfathered in to the Army that way. They just got back from Eastern Europe where he has been Instructor Pilot. I have two daughters who are LPNs and I myself am a geriatric social worker. eeee gads. Girl the only thing keeping us apart is geography!!!

I did the leg excercizes. the RLS isnt too bad, but I am physically anxious again, cannot get comfortable and cannot sit still. Cannot be in bed for more than a few minutes. It has been nearly 27 hours. Hubby is asleep. COLD seems to be better on my legs than hot or warm. At least for now. i feel bad again after several hours of feeling much better. I am feeling queasy too for the first time since Monday. Sigh.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-05-2012 at 12:19 AM.

I know he's at Ft. Campbell because that's where 101st Airborne is....lol. Sounds like your son-in law has more time in service than I do....a WO4 is the highest Warrent Officer can go. We call them Warrent Gods because they've been in foreeeever by the time they get to WO4 plus they know both sides of the Army...enlisted and officer because they HAD to be enlisted first. I was very close with my pilots, they were very good guys (most of them)...lol.

I'm not sure what state you are in?

I LOVED geriatrics! It was the main reason I went into the military....the history they could tell you was so much more than you could ever read from a book! WWII has all my attention...I could never imagine what they went through with so much less than we have now!

Izzn: really try to get to the store and get the sleepytime tea and Malatonin.....it will help you relax so you don't feel so nervous. And try frozen veggies as ice packs they mold better to your legs and you can cover every part easier. Keep me posted!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 02-05-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Izzn is offline Member

Girl - YES! re the history of our oldsters! it is the best part of my job, plus getting to see their old pics. I could listen to their stories forever. Did you do LTC?

Do you have a minute for a Screaming Eagles story? I was working in a SNF where one of the residents was a WWII vet, enlisted served in the 101st Airborne. He had had a TBI at some point so there was some word retrieval issues, some parapaligia etc. My son in law got alllll dressed up, went in there to see the resident. He didnt want to do it but my dtr and I forced him. the resident's 2 daughters were there. When my son in law walked into the room, dear Resident tried sooo hard to salute, got tearful and said "would you look at all the brass on that guy!" (geez, at the time I think the kid was a WOJ), anyway it was a nice little visit, I will spare you rest of it, but the daughters both kissed my son in law and one whispered right in his face "God Bless you young man for what you have done here today". That was in May of 2001. By the time 9/11 came, Resident was too confused to process it so we kept it from him.

I am in Ohio. Where are you?

I am at 28 hours and not doing very well. Not excruciating like last night, but I am kind of surprised by how bad I physically feel, because I was better all day today. Still toughing it out though. RLS is present but not killing me. Enough to keep me sitting up, however. And alternating cold and heat is working the best. I got a nice 16 oz bag of cut sugar snap peas going on my left leg, hehe. I have made a deal with myself: if I have to I will sit up all night and deal with this. In exchange I WILL take a 1/2 perc tomorrow night IF need be, but no sooner than the 48 hour mark. Isnt this stupid? Well, I am trying here.

Girl - YES! re the history of our oldsters! it is the best part of my job, plus getting to see their old pics. I could listen to their stories forever. Did you do LTC?

Do you have a minute for a Screaming Eagles story? I was working in a SNF where one of the residents was a WWII vet, enlisted served in the 101st Airborne. He had had a TBI at some point so there was some word retrieval issues, some parapaligia etc. My son in law got alllll dressed up, went in there to see the resident. He didnt want to do it but my dtr and I forced him. the resident's 2 daughters were there. When my son in law walked into the room, dear Resident tried sooo hard to salute, got tearful and said "would you look at all the brass on that guy!" (geez, at the time I think the kid was a WOJ), anyway it was a nice little visit, I will spare you rest of it, but the daughters both kissed my son in law and one whispered right in his face "God Bless you young man for what you have done here today". That was in May of 2001. By the time 9/11 came, Resident was too confused to process it so we kept it from him.

I am in Ohio. Where are you?

I am at 28 hours and not doing very well. Not excruciating like last night, but I am kind of surprised by how bad I physically feel, because I was better all day today. Still toughing it out though. RLS is present but not killing me. Enough to keep me sitting up, however. And alternating cold and heat is working the best. I got a nice 16 oz bag of cut sugar snap peas going on my left leg, hehe. I have made a deal with myself: if I have to I will sit up all night and deal with this. In exchange I WILL take a 1/2 perc tomorrow night IF need be, but no sooner than the 48 hour mark. Isnt this stupid? Well, I am trying here.
    Izzn: I'm all over the 50 states (and them some) but right now I'm the next state up from you.

I had a patient who was a female in WWII. She was over in Germany as a stonographer. How crazy is that?!?!? She had 12 siblings and was in the war with her 5 brothers. She had a picture on her wall of all of them in uniform together. Just amazing the stories she would tell me. I would hang on her every word. I had other patients also in WWII but she was the only female I had ever met (since not many females were IN the that war) and she had one of the most inside jobs you could have in a war. I also had Korean and Vietnam war patients. Now it would be a whole new World to be a nurse to these Vets, as I have walked in their shoes and know there pain and simple joys. I understand your son-in laws feelings of not wanting to put on his Class A's and go there. Most of us in the Military really don't like the attention it brings. I, personally cringe even with the thank you's because I choose this life...other Vets were drafted in past wars. I continue my job in the Army so I can give back to the ones who have gave before me and to mold the ones who will take my place. I do this for my brother and sisters in arms! There is a bond we all have that no one can ever understand unless you have taken the same Oath.

Izzn: Try getting the supplements and tea tomorrow. I really don't think your RLS is a WD (a little might be) but since you have had it for so many years I think it's a nerve issue or whatever the Dr.'s think its caused from. Try doing some research online about what causes it and what other people have done. I think it's great you wanting to get to the 48hr mark but all in all that half of pill will cause you to keep going through this time and time again....at some point you'll have to endure this because the meds only bandaid it. The comfort will only be short lived and honestly its the rest you are seeking and that you can find in the things I have listed without going back to day 1. But do what you feel is right for you. I'm not judging or telling you no, just pointing out the facts. We need to find out how to treat your RLS as a continual issue rather than a WD symptom....that's the goal here. The narcotics are only making this worse for you because your confusing you nervous system. It has to reprogram itself remember....if you interupt the programing with a synthetic then it shuts down and has to restart all over again. I agree you need help to get relief but lets work on helping you in a positive way for long term rather than a negative for a short term. You don't want to be on narcotics for the rest of your life right? I'll check in again to see how you are.

I'm 4 1/2 days clean and feel physically fine. I'll know in a little while if my irritation is still at bay....lol....once I get out of bed and start my day. I didn't sleep as restful last night as I had the night before but I'm use to that due to my job...I get a few hours at a time so I'm okay with that.

AlmostHome is offline Junior Member

IZZN, i was thinking the samething, RLS is a syndrome, but we usually talk about it here as a symptom because it fades with theother wdraw symptoms. But i have been reading thisforum for months and i never heard someone have such a problem with it. BUT, you might find that wdraw is making it worse.

This is a very hard thing to do, a doctor could give you everythin under the sun and it will still be hard, there is no magic fix to make it better. This is a test of your resolve, I dont want you starting your clock over ever time you take a pill or 1/2 a pill. Wdraw comes from the levels of opiate in your body dropping down. It takes you body 3 to 6 days to clear an opiate from your system. An addict replaces this as there levels drop with their daily regimine. During your first week taking a pill or 1/2 a pill is ok but not ideal. Now after your first week, if you are still taking a pill or 1/2 of a pill here and there it is not at all helping you because psyically the levels should have dropped enough to get you through the worst. NOW its truth time. There aretwo components to every addiction, the mental and . When i look at a pill bottle i see poison, what do you see? If you see releif, or anything good then you have work to do in that department. I know you havelegitament medical issues, but you have to get off of thiscrap (mentally and psyically) before you can assess how much medical intervention you actually need.

All you can do is keep your head in the game (why you want to be clean), keep your symptoms under control with the remedies we discussed and keep breathing until you feel human again.

I will help you and encourag you no matter what.
    Izzn likes this.

Izzn is offline Member

I screwed up. Again. I took 1/2 perc at 2 AM. It wasnt just the RLS, it"s with the same RLS FEELING that was creeping all over my body. At 2 AM I was slamming myself into furniture and walls trying to do something about the electric currents shooting through the tissue and nerves everywhere. I slept for 2 hours and it woke me up again. Now at 9:30 AM, I feel like ???? again. Throwing up, ice cold sweats and still a bit of the electric current feelings. On top of all that I am getting my husband's cold.

I have one and half percs in the house and no hope of getting anymore. Sometime today, I will throw them out. I wasnt sure until I read the advice from the two of you about restarting the clock again. I guess it makes sense. I am so sick of this. I want to sleep, I want to deserve the support my husband is giving me. Tomorrow is his birthday and I am going to ruin it by being sick and self involved. Never again. Our anniversary is in May and I want to be healthy for that. Perhaps tomorrow or Tuesday I will call the docs office and see if I can beg an earlier appointment... I cant think that far ahead right now.

I am so sorry I took that 1/2 pill last night. I am so sorry.

Girl - I grew up in Detroit.

ooohh 96 hours in 5 mins...YEAH BABY. Gotta be the supplements, this had to have been the easier CT I have done. I have had a flexaril RX for years, and the valium is left over from the back surgery for muscle spasms. I also have a standing as needed RX for xanax but I take none of those during the day. I have just been doing it hour by hour. Oh and I can't handle the diareah so I have taken about 3 immodium over the last 96 hours. 10:07...

My little Bro was in the Army. Had an IED blown up in his face TWICE. Wish I could get him down here because as girl stated I think he may be on this ????ake mushrooms too. He has PTSD and doesn't really talk to anyone but sometimes I can reach him.
    girl80902 likes this.

IZZ seriously, are you doing the Thomas recipe?

I have been on meds for RLS, all of them and they didn't seem to do anything. I always refused to take a vicodin at night, I don't know why and the last few months had started withdrawals during the night because of it so I would wake up with the RLS.

Tossing and turning, leaving the bedroom so H didn't wake up, moving my feet (which I know have realised that I did that to go to sleep as a child...hmm something to ponder) on the couch, on the other couch.

Something I am taking this time around is stopping the RLS, I don't know what. If you want to PM I can tell you all that I am taking (including RX) maybe we can get you through this. Sorry if you have already mentioned it but how much vic or oxy were you taking?

Izzn is offline Member

IZZ seriously, are you doing the Thomas recipe?

I have been on meds for RLS, all of them and they didn't seem to do anything. I always refused to take a vicodin at night, I don't know why and the last few months had started withdrawals during the night because of it so I would wake up with the RLS.

Tossing and turning, leaving the bedroom so H didn't wake up, moving my feet (which I know have realised that I did that to go to sleep as a child...hmm something to ponder) on the couch, on the other couch.

Something I am taking this time around is stopping the RLS, I don't know what. If you want to PM I can tell you all that I am taking (including RX) maybe we can get you through this. Sorry if you have already mentioned it but how much vic or oxy were you taking?
    I was taking Opana 12 hour Extended Release 20mg, every other day. On the off days I was taking 20 mgs of vic, occasionally a 5 mg perc for the RLS. My last opana was 83 hours ago. At the 44 hour mark I took one 10mg vic and then 29 hours later I took 1/2 a perc (2.5 mgs). I dont even really know what Opana is, I think it is morphine? geez. Anyway, I still feel like I am w/d from the opana and that I used the one vic as a crutch and then 29 hours later used the 1/2 perc as a crutch again. There is no more vic or opana in my house. I am trying to get some Xanax? but that might be a few days or even more.

What is the Thomas recipe? I am doing nothing, this morning I did not even have a single cup of coffee for fear of the caffiene. It has been a long 83 hours and I am eager for it to be over. Should I toss this single perc I have left, or cut it and keep weaning? I am getting supplements today but will it help? I have little access to an Rx meds.

you guys, I want to die. I wont, but I want to.

Okay, so you don't have any more opana, and just the perc. It's gonna be gone soon anyway. Tell me you can't get anymore. That is going to be a big test.

My little Bro was in the Army. Had an IED blown up in his face TWICE. Wish I could get him down here because as girl stated I think he may be on this ????ake mushrooms too. He has PTSD and doesn't really talk to anyone but sometimes I can reach him.

nobby, I feel for your little brother! I've seen and seen and seen so much...He may not talk to civilians about his Army life but if he had someone he could relate with (service member) than he will talk about it. When they get med boarded out they are sent back (most the time not wanting to get out, unless they have a wonderfully supportive family they want to be with again) to a place they are not ready to be at with lasting injuries for life mentally and physically! It's like being yanked from your siblings after you all have been in a life altering accident and your parents are gone....that's the best way I can describe his PTSD and injuries. Sounds like he just needs the right person who has been in his shoes. Service Members like him are my whole reason for what I do because I now understand things that only we can understand without even saying a word to each other. I would be happy to write to him if you would like. You could just say we are friends and thought he would be intersted in my war stories (nothing about his addiction). I expect he's around my age and I am a girl....lol....what guy doesn't like talking to girls.....lol. I know I can help him...I just know I can!

I screwed up. Again. I took 1/2 perc at 2 AM. It wasnt just the RLS, it"s with the same RLS FEELING that was creeping all over my body. At 2 AM I was slamming myself into furniture and walls trying to do something about the electric currents shooting through the tissue and nerves everywhere. I slept for 2 hours and it woke me up again. Now at 9:30 AM, I feel like ???? again. Throwing up, ice cold sweats and still a bit of the electric current feelings. On top of all that I am getting my husband's cold.

I have one and half percs in the house and no hope of getting anymore. Sometime today, I will throw them out. I wasnt sure until I read the advice from the two of you about restarting the clock again. I guess it makes sense. I am so sick of this. I want to sleep, I want to deserve the support my husband is giving me. Tomorrow is his birthday and I am going to ruin it by being sick and self involved. Never again. Our anniversary is in May and I want to be healthy for that. Perhaps tomorrow or Tuesday I will call the docs office and see if I can beg an earlier appointment... I cant think that far ahead right now.

I am so sorry I took that 1/2 pill last night. I am so sorry.

Girl - I grew up in Detroit.
    I grew up in Detroit also izzn! I'm only here on temporary assignment. I'll be leaving for Ft Leaonard Wood soon, in fact in 10 days to get things set up before we PCS again. The Army has moved me 3 times in 6 months this year.....grrr I hate moving.....lol. This will be a good move tho because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that duty station!!! Well, that and Ft. Carson in Colorado...both are number one for me and I've been most EVERYWHERE....lol.

As for the 1/2 of perc. Don't be angry at yourself.....soon they will be gone and you won't have the temtation anymore. You just need to ask yourself if you want these narcotics for the rest of your life because your RLS has been with you for how many years...37???? I'm POSITIVE you have not been on narcotics for 37 years due to the RLS....right??? This is just something that is exasberated due to the WD. You didn't get dependent on these pills overnight so you can not make things go away over night. It really does take almost a full week with anyone.Just remember your body is trying to learn to do things INDEPENDENT again, so as all things we learn we need time! You can't be in an accident where your legs were affected and get up and walk away from it. You have to get better 1st then baby steps until you've got it down and stable to take normal steps again! Your goal hasn't changed and that's the main focuse here! Remember we are looking for a positive long term affect verses a negitive short term relief (that will cost you your life either by years off or death from destruction). I'm here for you....get the supplements they will give you some relief.....if not all. I wouldn't tell you to do this if it has not been proven to work by me and others! I'll check back again soon.

5 DAYS CLEAN and feel almost normal again!

Izzn is offline Member

well, you guys are doing it and you are a great inspiration to me.

I looked up more about the Thomas recipe, but I really have no access to Ativan etc. I asked a friend and she said she can get me some Xanax but I dont know how soon.

I did more research and now must be more honest with myself: Opana is morphine. I have been addicted to morphine for nearly 8 months. I dont know how quitting morphine cold turkey goes, but I am going to try not to beat myself up over one vic and 1/2 perc in the past 80 something hours since my last morphine pill. I will try to get some Xanax, and today I will get some of the supplements and the rest tomorrow. I should have been better prepared than to just toss everything and wing it. Idiot me.

Izzn: While everyone is different, I was also using Opana 40mg, sometimes up to 4 pills a day, while also using 5-6 perc30s. The withdrawal from the Opana was more difficult, but I promise you.. It will pass!! Just take it one day at a time.

Izzn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4change12 View Post
    Izzn: While everyone is different, I was also using Opana 40mg, sometimes up to 4 pills a day, while also using 5-6 perc30s. The withdrawal from the Opana was more difficult, but I promise you.. It will pass!! Just take it one day at a time.

Bless you for posting this, thank you! any advice you have for me would be much appreciated today... and tomorrow too.

well, you guys are doing it and you are a great inspiration to me.

I looked up more about the Thomas recipe, but I really have no access to Ativan etc. I asked a friend and she said she can get me some Xanax but I dont know how soon.

I did more research and now must be more honest with myself: Opana is morphine. I have been addicted to morphine for nearly 8 months. I dont know how quitting morphine cold turkey goes, but I am going to try not to beat myself up over one vic and 1/2 perc in the past 80 something hours since my last morphine pill. I will try to get some Xanax, and today I will get some of the supplements and the rest tomorrow. I should have been better prepared than to just toss everything and wing it. Idiot me.
    Izzn, its ok...you didn't know and have never been through this. Trial and error is better than not trying at all! You don't need either of adivan or the zanax! Get the supplements if anything at least the Melatonin, sleepytime tea and multivitamin. You are just trading one bad pill for another with the other two PERSCRIPTION meds. You didn't like getting your pain meds through a supplier when you did...(made you feel ashamed and had to hide it) so please don't do this with the other pills??? It's not your perscription and you have no idea how what they will do for YOU...what happens if you had a bad reaction or it knocked you out for hours and hours on end to the point your next day is gone??? I've seen this happen! You didn't know anything about the pill you were on and look where you are now and now you want to take something different to get past the thing that got you in trouble to start with???? please don't do this! Try the supplements first then call that Dr.'s office tomorrow and see if you can get in early...explain it as a acute issue. Please keep me posted, I'm here to help.

Izzn is offline Member

I just took 500 mg of Magnesium, I have a bottle of melatonin now, and the Extra SleepyTime tea. I will see how tonight goes. "Nurse": you are right of course, should not take Xanax with doc! I take 2 things for blood pressure and with my luck I will have a stroke or heart attack. OK one hour at a time. I have a list of other supplements here that I can get at CVS or Walmart tomorrow. I got some Vernors ginger ale too, you are younger than I am but Vernors was a big thing in the Detroit area when I was growing up. But really I can deal with all this stomach stuff, headache, chills and sweats, if I could just stop feeling like I need to run fast down the street while peeling off my skin!

Any advice is very welcome, I am going to try to get ahold of myself and not post for a few hours, I know I am overdoing it a bit.

Girl, I can occasionally get him to open up, I took it too far one day and he shut down. Something really bad happened to him and no-one in the family can reach him. I hesitate to say he is on drugs but I think he may be. My DH was in the Navy but I guess that isn't good enough. He lives in the middle of no-where, hoping to get him to live down here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast