Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By gamomma
  • 1 Post By Schaff25
its been a while
    gamomma is offline Member

Default its been a while

I can't believe its been almost two months since I've been here I'm coming up on my 180th day clean and everything is wonderful I'm happier than I have been in years I made it guys I'm still going strong and have faith in you all that you can make it I love being clean it makes me sick to think of the time I wasted chasing stupid pills addiction was a word I never used until I got clean I didn't think I was an addict now I know I was and I beat it I never felt better about myself ever its the greatest feeling I'm free not living a lie not a slave to something that takes everything from you I'm still in NA meetings they are my lifeline my sanity my best defense against relapse I have made some amazing friends in those meetings and learned so much I have nothing to do with any of the people I either used with or scored from its not worth the temptation for me I love being clean if anyone needs advice feel free to ask I believe anyone can do this
    Comeback Kid and plainoverit like this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Glad you are doing so well, I read your posts, but never posted to you. Post on the need to talk board and people who gave advice will see it! Congrats to you!

Iloerose

Thanks so much will have to do that

Schaff25 is offline Member

Gamomma!

so great to see you post here. Congrats on 6 months! I too haven't posted here in forever, but I just went back to read all of my posts while I was going through the detox! It was a good refresher for me to relive the hell that my pill addiction put me through. I too must got my six month chip at AA and also just got elected secretary to a very well known men's meeting in my area, with about 85 guys regularly attending.

These boards really helped me through everything! I had to have another back surgery two months ago and did have to take some pain meds for about 10 days, but it was doctor's orders and i did need them legitimately, but my desire to drink and take pills has some how been removed for the time being. working the steps has been huge for me. AA is not a bunch of losers like i first thought. Everyone I know in the program is successful and an upstanding person. We just suffer from a disease!

Anyways Gamomma, I am sooooooooooooo soooooooo glad to see your name on here. Life just keeps getting better by the day!
    plainoverit likes this.

plainoverit is offline New Member

I'm so with you..
    I'm on day 4... Again..
    I've been a jerk for a couple of days..
    But I know this Is gonna be great when I'm done..
    So happy for you..
    Thumbs up!
    Next for me is alcohol ..
    I'm just plain over it..
    I hope we all get through this!!!
    D

Congrats we can make it I've been clean almost 7 months I feel great keep your head up and yes get rid of the alcohol

Izzn is offline Member

Hi Iloerose. Good to see you.

Izzn is offline Member

gamomma, I have not been on here for some time and I am so glad to hear you are still doing well! Boy, it was some winter we went through this past year, wasnt it? I wish oh wish I could find NA or AA near me, but every meeting is more than 30 minutes away by freeway at night and I just cant do that. NO daytime meetings anywhere at all. I too will check the other thread!