I need help getting my husband off norco and somas, prescribed by his Dr.
    Lrw04 is offline New Member

Default I need help getting my husband off norco and somas, prescribed by his Dr.

Hello, I am new to this site and appreciate any advice. My husband has back problems that he has suffured from for years now. This new doctor he has been going to perscribed him Methadone, Norco, and Soma. After my hasband had a bad withdrw from the methadone he stoped taking it and has not taken it for close to three months now. He has been taking the norco and soma. Just the other day i could tell that something was terribly wrong with him and aparently he has been taking 4 norco with 2 soma three times a day, but on this day he had taken 4 norco with 2 soma and then 5 hours later he had taken 4 more norco and 2 more soma, so he had 8 norco and 4 soma in his system and he was a complete wreck. I have known for some time now that he has a problem with these pills but I had no idea that it was this bad. I would also like to find out what i can do about this doctor he is seeing because I think he is a total quack precribing this many pills to one person. I need to help him get control of this situation and get off these pills for our marriage and our children. My stepdaughter's mom pased away just three months ago from pills, but my husband doesnt think he's that bad (i think he is). I need to know the best way to help him tapper off these pills. Somebody please help me, i am so drained of watching him do this to himself and our family. I am schedualed for a major surgery at the end of this month, and i am so scared to have to trust him with our kids while im in the hospital, i feel like i need to try to move my surgery date out but my surgeon feels it should be sooner. Please, i am desperate for help. Thank you for your time.

Lrw04 is offline New Member

Would someone please help me with some advice. My thread has been viewed over 500 times but no responces. I am in desperate need of help, please.

Comeback Kid is online now Senior Member

I will give the generic answer you will likely receive from anyone else. HE has to want to quit. If he doesn't think it's a problem then he likely will not succeed in abstaining. Tapering is just prolonging the inevitable in my opinion. Tell him he will be sick for 5 days and then its all mental. Im sorry nobody has responded. Im over 3 months clean from hydro, but was only taking 50 mils a day. I hope this was of some help. Good luck to you. You should point out the things he is doing to hurt your family/relationship. Money, family life, sex life, etc. Just try to make him see the light I guess.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)