Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DamnataAnimus
I fell off the wagon badly..need some advice
    shawn156 is offline Member

Default I fell off the wagon badly..need some advice

I couldn't handle the w/ds any longer. after 4 days I was feeling really good and almost back to normal when w/ds hit me hard once again. I didn't have the physical part of it,the mental part was what got me. I couldn't hardly keep my eyes open but couldn't sleep at all. I was up nearly 48 hours and finally my body just gave up and I passed out for 6 hours only to wake up from a dead sleep with what felt like a benzo w/d except when I took my dose of xanax,it didn't do anything to stop it. I had to get back to work and so I had to start back on the opiates again.
    I seen one of my Doctors today,not the one who prescribes the vicodin and she told me I had put my body in shock and told me how to go about getting off them the right way. I was up to 60-70mg a day,but I didn't start back up to that dose when I got back on them. I am cutting a 7.5 pill in half and taking it 3-4 times a day. So far,I have been ok and feeling just fine.I haven't had the urge to take anymore then that a day.
    I see the Dr who gave me the Vicodin on the 21st and I am going to discuss getting on a less powerful opiate to w/d from. I was thinking tylenol 3 with codeine 3x a day then dropping it from there. In the past,with the exception of the w/d last November I always had Darvocet in place of the Oxy or Vicodin and would always go to that to get off the stronger stuff and never had a problem doing it that way. So I am thinking that if I go with T3w/C I will be more successful at getting the job done the right way. I am only having minor pain mostly stiffness on the back of my neck but that is something I know how to fix without taking any meds,my vertebra "lock up" and I have to push them to loosen them up and I am fine after wards.It does hurt during the process but it has worked for the last 2 years and the pain and stiffness go away. I found this method out when I was in Physical Therapy,I remember her cursing at my neck because it would not loosen up quick enough for her so we could move on to something else. I also found the sometimes if I put a pillow under my neck the right way,it will loosen up.Feels weird,like something is living in my neck crawling around but it is the less painful method but doesn't always work.
    So I guess I fell off the wagon for now and I will have to make it another week until I see my Dr to discuss getting off the Vicodin.He is very understanding and will help me through this.I will not take subs though like others have been put on,I want to get off the meds not get on something worse to w/d from. Wish me luck

DamnataAnimus is offline Junior Member

While I cannot give you advice, I can wish you luck - hang in there and someone with more experience will likely be along soon to give you the advice you want.
    udieipay77 likes this.

veryscared is offline Junior Member

You can do it! The worst is over in the first few days. I get frustrated too, on day 8 I had the same problem! It is really discouraging, but it passes! I am on day 14 and feeling much better! It is hard, but once you do it you will feel so much better Just realize you are going to miserable for awhile! At least 10 days! But once your done, your done! If I can do it CT so can you.
    Good luck, keep us posted

shawn156 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by veryscared View Post
    You can do it! The worst is over in the first few days. I get frustrated too, on day 8 I had the same problem! It is really discouraging, but it passes! I am on day 14 and feeling much better! It is hard, but once you do it you will feel so much better Just realize you are going to miserable for awhile! At least 10 days! But once your done, your done! If I can do it CT so can you.
    Good luck, keep us posted
    I've stuck with what the Dr told me and so far I am ok and haven't taken more,I got by with 2 yesterday. I know I have changed already, I no longer wake up running to the pill bottle anymore and haven't for over a week and a half now. I think next week if my Dr is of no help I will go to 1 1/2 a day and just cut 1/2 a day per week until I am off. I can't be feeling bad like that with 2 kids at home who need my attention more. I missed nearly one week being a good parent I got to help with homework at high school level so I have to be on my game so my daughter doesn't get any bad grades.(I'd never hear the end of it)
    Thanks for the support and I will get through this eventually but I have a lot more control now and much more aware of what I am doing.I go as far as writing the times down I take it so I don't take to much. My parents have supported me a lot and my mom has control of my meds,I have a small amount here and a certain amount of days that they have to last me. She won't give me any more until it's time