Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iloerose
hydro Question - days of detox
  1. #1
    sho16 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default hydro Question - days of detox

    new to the board. been reading posts for a couple years.

    short story:

    been on and off too many times to count over the last 5 yrs or so. done morph, oxy and lortabs for last 6 yrs. started w a couple surgeries as most peoples have. liked to party and these were great when playing video games. helped out in college and work - could be in a great mood and work for hours. loved them.

    then had a friend get the strong stuff. that is where it got bad. at first i took only in the evenings to relax, instead of boozing, etc. ended up taking during the day and evening....spiraled out of control. money wise and mentally - its all i thought about and felt bad if i didnt have or didnt think i'd have at a certain date.

    my first w/d was for 5-6 days of hell when i quit cold turkey Oxy - had never experienced a wd until then. that suuuuucked. swore i would never do them again. and i didnt...for 6 months or so - however i sustituted with hydro's. wd's dont last as long or are not nearly as knarley. after the 6 months i got oxy and morph back and went crazy again. this time i ran out of both and hydro - next refill was 2.5 weeks or so. i was bumming bad. that first week was the worst. depressed, no sleep (at all for a week), but the 2nd week got better. then i got hydro's back. quit the hard stuff and never had them since (2.5 yrs).

    no i'm on this stupid crazy cycle of "on again off again" stuff that has been going on for the last 2.5 yrs. well, i'm tired of it. i feel bad for 3-5 days then get more....."rinse and repeat" every damn week, etc.

    im quitting totally in a couple weeks. DONE.

    my biggest worry is this: since i havent gone more than 2-3 weeks without in 6 yrs i dont know what will happen or how i will feel in XXX days. can anybody help me with this. i usually begin to feel really good after just 5-6 days or so, but havent hit that 14, 21, 30, 60, etc days since i started 6 yrs ago.

    from previous experience (you all) how do you think i'll feel (when figuring my dosages etc) in....

    14 days
    21 days
    30 days
    45 days
    60 days
    90 days

    thank you. great site to help people.

    -Sho
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-16-2012 at 10:10 PM.

  2. #2
    thalia45 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Good question? I wish someone could answer it (even in the negative). I am so concerned (first, selfishly for myself, but secondly, WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS WHO CAN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS??? Every day I hear about more and more people addicted to "pain" pills, who find out that (for a short time at least-we all know this- life can be solved through "better living through chemistry") but I think few people find out for 10-12 years the enormous price to be paid.

    There are a lot of innocents "abroad" who might as well be reading Greek with all the acronyms...

    I believe drugs should be legalized and then information available to those who need it. When I started this I had been sober from alcohol for 13 years then, whammo, accident, and there are "other" things" - (I am only at Vicodin... not going further, but this is bad enough! Help, INFORMATION!!!!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-16-2012 at 10:09 PM.

  3. #3
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    First of all, I don't know how many total you are taking, but I can promise you one thing: If you stick it out past the 5 day mark (talking hydro 10 here), you will be over the worst, worse case scenario well, maybe seven days. Then you are going to have to work on getting your life back. It will take awhile to get back, but I promise everyday you will feel better after the initial week of w/d. My advice hit the Thomas Recipe. You have to make the decision not to turn back to the hydro. Will you get depressed, have trouble sleeping, etc. For awhile, yes. You said it yourself: I start to feel good after 5-6 days. There is your answer. However, it took us a long time to get here and it will take you some time to adjust, you didn't become an addict overnight and you won't be "clean" overnight. But the struggle is def. worth it! As the days pass you will get increasingly better. POST POST POST. You may have cravings and sleepless nights, but you WILL GET BETTER. You can do this. Get in the good fight and hang tough!
    SuzieOf likes this.

  4. #4
    iloerose is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    The info you need is in the Thomas Recipe, Support, see below. And really, really wanting to kick this. 5-6 days. Getting clean is not an event it is a process and you will have to work through this. Many choose NA, this board, whatever to rant, rave, say what you want! C/T is doable. Vics are probably the easiest to w/d from (not undermining anyone's private hell with these, just trying to offer some hope). Get a good mindset and go for it!

    Iloerose

  5. #5
    sho16 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    i know all the short term physical/mental wd's. looking for past experiences from you all to help me with my road to recovery. need some help for the next 7 to 60 days. anybody???

  6. #6
    thalia45 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    I'm pretty much in the same boat and will gladly join you trying again to get this monkey of my back. Will bookmark this thread,

    Thalia45

  7. #7
    thalia45 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    I'm pretty much in the same boat and will gladly join you trying again to get this monkey of my back. Will bookmark this thread,

    Thalia45

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC Metro Region
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I find lots of experts at my local Narcotics Anonymous meetings. They have experience, strength and hope in addition to good information.

  9. #9
    sho16 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    how you doing thalia45?

    i know some people have been past 60 days free recently. i'd like some input from them, if possible. really nervouse about the next 14-60 days. haven't been that long without in several years.

    help and experience stories woudl be appreciated.

  10. #10
    waterlillies is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Hi Sho,
    Found your post, glad I did. I hae a question for you. I am now taking 1/4 of the oxy I was taking in a little over one week's time, and I feel terrible, but not as terribe as if I were going CT I know. (learned new acronym) My question is I see here you say that oxy is worse to WD from thena Hydro, I thought it was the reverse. I have some hydro left. Should I take that instead? I wonder what the equivelent of hydro would be for 7.5 mg oxy. I woudl switch to the hydro but I don't want to take too much and build it back up again. Any advise?

    Take it wasy, will look for your posts first thing tomorrow. I have to try to sleep.
    hug,
    Lily
    Quote Originally Posted by sho16 View Post
    new to the board. been reading posts for a couple years.

    short story:

    been on and off too many times to count over the last 5 yrs or so. done morph, oxy and lortabs for last 6 yrs. started w a couple surgeries as most peoples have. liked to party and these were great when playing video games. helped out in college and work - could be in a great mood and work for hours. loved them.

    then had a friend get the strong stuff. that is where it got bad. at first i took only in the evenings to relax, instead of boozing, etc. ended up taking during the day and evening....spiraled out of control. money wise and mentally - its all i thought about and felt bad if i didnt have or didnt think i'd have at a certain date.

    my first w/d was for 5-6 days of hell when i quit cold turkey Oxy - had never experienced a wd until then. that suuuuucked. swore i would never do them again. and i didnt...for 6 months or so - however i sustituted with hydro's. wd's dont last as long or are not nearly as knarley. after the 6 months i got oxy and morph back and went crazy again. this time i ran out of both and hydro - next refill was 2.5 weeks or so. i was bumming bad. that first week was the worst. depressed, no sleep (at all for a week), but the 2nd week got better. then i got hydro's back. quit the hard stuff and never had them since (2.5 yrs).

    no i'm on this stupid crazy cycle of "on again off again" stuff that has been going on for the last 2.5 yrs. well, i'm tired of it. i feel bad for 3-5 days then get more....."rinse and repeat" every damn week, etc.

    im quitting totally in a couple weeks. DONE.

    my biggest worry is this: since i havent gone more than 2-3 weeks without in 6 yrs i dont know what will happen or how i will feel in XXX days. can anybody help me with this. i usually begin to feel really good after just 5-6 days or so, but havent hit that 14, 21, 30, 60, etc days since i started 6 yrs ago.

    from previous experience (you all) how do you think i'll feel (when figuring my dosages etc) in....

    14 days
    21 days
    30 days
    45 days
    60 days
    90 days

    thank you. great site to help people.

    -Sho

  11. #11
    thalia45 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sho16 View Post
    how you doing thalia45?

    i know some people have been past 60 days free recently. i'd like some input from them, if possible. really nervouse about the next 14-60 days. haven't been that long without in several years.

    help and experience stories woudl be appreciated.
    well, I got mostly through ct w/d and caved because the in-laws were coming (and when I don't have Hydros I turn to alcohol (my DOC) -keep thinking stupidly one will help the other - of course not. More TK but I think I have hit bottom.

    Maybe a blessing in disguise.... tomorrow I will 'splain....

  12. #12
    sho16 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    lily,

    the oxy is stronger than hydro and oxy has a time release, which means it takes longer to start w/d. i would finish up or trash the oxy. taper with hydro and then just go CT.

    the quicker you stop the quicker you heal. going on day 3 now. last worst day for me typically. ready to see day 21.

  13. #13
    waterlillies is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default

    missed this post too, i guess my brain is just off. The oxy isn't time release, it's immediate release blue 30 mg oxy. I was at 8 per day, now down to 1/2 every 4 hours, so between 2 to 2 1/2 per day. What do you mean by day 21?
    hugs,
    Lily



    Quote Originally Posted by sho16 View Post
    lily,

    the oxy is stronger than hydro and oxy has a time release, which means it takes longer to start w/d. i would finish up or trash the oxy. taper with hydro and then just go CT.

    the quicker you stop the quicker you heal. going on day 3 now. last worst day for me typically. ready to see day 21.

  14. #14
    sho16 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    i'm ready to see day 21 of without. supposed to be the big breakthrough....

  15. #15
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterlillies View Post
    missed this post too, i guess my brain is just off. The oxy isn't time release, it's immediate release blue 30 mg oxy. I was at 8 per day, now down to 1/2 every 4 hours, so between 2 to 2 1/2 per day. What do you mean by day 21?
    hugs,
    Lily
    Sho is right... hydrocodone is much weaker than oxy especially the 30mg. Does hydro even come at a higher mg. than 10? As far as I know it doesn't. If it were me I would switch to hydro and taper off and then jump and not take anymore oxy at all!!!

    To the original poster... it is hard to say how someone will feel except to say that you will feel better and better after the 5th. day. Most people who have quit are no longer here so you may not get a lot of answers to that question but just know that it gets better after a 5 day of flu like symptoms. You can both do it, just think of it like the flu and that will help with the "unknown" factor anxiety. Everyone has had the flu and lived through it. It takes a little time for your body to produce what gives you the natural energy but there is even help with that... do a search for the Thomas recipe... that will be your best friend after the jump.

  16. #16
    thalia45 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    First of all, I don't know how many total you are taking, but I can promise you one thing: If you stick it out past the 5 day mark (talking hydro 10 here), you will be over the worst, worse case scenario well, maybe seven days. Then you are going to have to work on getting your life back. It will take awhile to get back, but I promise everyday you will feel better after the initial week of w/d. My advice hit the Thomas Recipe. You have to make the decision not to turn back to the hydro. Will you get depressed, have trouble sleeping, etc. For awhile, yes. You said it yourself: I start to feel good after 5-6 days. There is your answer. However, it took us a long time to get here and it will take you some time to adjust, you didn't become an addict overnight and you won't be "clean" overnight. But the struggle is def. worth it! As the days pass you will get increasingly better. POST POST POST. You may have cravings and sleepless nights, but you WILL GET BETTER. You can do this. Get in the good fight and hang tough!
    Iloerose, I don't want to hijack any thread but I have I have a hard time finding "mine"???? Just wanted to thank you that I am hanging on every word. I just tossed the last of my Hydro, sooooo.... we'll see. I am such a chicken. Thanks for your help. I suppose a lot of this is "foggy mind" but I appreciate the help and support!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22