Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jeffrey123
  • 1 Post By joycefay40
  • 1 Post By jeffrey123
Help tapering off suboxone PLEASE!
    stabone is offline Junior Member

Default Help tapering off suboxone PLEASE!

Hello everyone, I am having a hard time weening off subs. I was taking 1 mil since November and recently went down to .75 and seems that by the third day in the evening I get tired and anxiety and I take another .25. I feel like I'm always gonna be stuck in this situation. I have another child on the way soon and want to be free of this. I tried the taper and just feel like I need support of some ppl on here to help. I'm not a NA guy or AA guy. But can someone please guide me and Help me get through this. May GOD be with all of you. I will do as told and won't waste your time. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by stabone View Post
    Hello everyone, I am having a hard time weening off subs. I was taking 1 mil since November and recently went down to .75 and seems that by the third day in the evening I get tired and anxiety and I take another .25. I feel like I'm always gonna be stuck in this situation. I have another child on the way soon and want to be free of this. I tried the taper and just feel like I need support of some ppl on here to help. I'm not a NA guy or AA guy. But can someone please guide me and Help me get through this. May GOD be with all of you. I will do as told and won't waste your time. Thank you
    Btw.... Yes I have been here before, sorry I have failed to mention that. I was clean for months, and started to use subs for energy, and now here I am. Please, I'm ashamed and embarrassed I would prefer no negative comments, I'm just looking for help. I am strong and ready just need more guidance AGAIN lol. I have since changed jobs that does not require me to work 6 days 15 hrs a day in hopes that I can leave that life in the past. GOD bless all of you that are willing to help an old friend

Btw.... Yes I have been here before, sorry I have failed to mention that. I was clean for months, and started to use subs for energy, and now here I am. Please, I'm ashamed and embarrassed I would prefer no negative comments, I'm just looking for help. I am strong and ready just need more guidance AGAIN lol. I have since changed jobs that does not require me to work 6 days 15 hrs a day in hopes that I can leave that life in the past. GOD bless all of you that are willing to help an old friend
    On another note I have not used any pill since I "quit" and plan on keeping it that way GOD bless

nomo momo is offline Member

so you are taking .75mg sub daily? sometimes 1mg?

what is your history w/ pain Rx?

Quote Originally Posted by nomo momo View Post
    so you are taking .75mg sub daily? sometimes 1mg?

what is your history w/ pain Rx?
    Thanks for stopping by! I used for about 1 yr lortab, oxy, roxy etc... Anywhere from 80 mil to 100 mil daily. I know that was not a lot and should have never used subs. But I did and was successful. But know I'm right back in the water again. But haven't used any pills in overb6 mo.

jeffrey123 is offline Junior Member

Hello...hope someone replys to your post. I am in a similar situation. I was at 2 mg a day for the last few months. Figured out how to post on here. Found the desperation and willingness to cut down to 1 mg. then .75mg for 4 days. Currently at .5 mg a day for the last 3 days. I also use it for energy to get me through the work day. I think I am alot older than you and work hard. I'm 58 and the aches and pains are starting to surface. Feel real tired and a bit sweaty and clamy by the end of the day. I take my dose real early in the morning so I can get up and go to work. Anyway my willingness is starting to fade and be replaced by fear....the only thing I can think to do is come on here and write about it and hope that re-enforces my commitment to get off this stuff soon. I do know from past experience some price must be paid. Seems like something always comes up to justify using a little more but since I started writing on here I have been a little stronger. Work is going to be hard the next 3 days so I am planning on staying at .5, not going backwards and making another reduction on the weekend. I worry about what my children think when I am tired and a little sick (they are adults) but I have to remember that getting off this has to be the most important thing in my life or I am headed for disaster and that is not good for anyone.
    Sorry to ramble on your thread but my thread died and I am hoping this helps me recommit to sticking to my plan. Anyway I think I know how you feel and hope it gets better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey123 View Post
    Hello...hope someone replys to your post. I am in a similar situation. I was at 2 mg a day for the last few months. Figured out how to post on here. Found the desperation and willingness to cut down to 1 mg. then .75mg for 4 days. Currently at .5 mg a day for the last 3 days. I also use it for energy to get me through the work day. I think I am alot older than you and work hard. I'm 58 and the aches and pains are starting to surface. Feel real tired and a bit sweaty and clamy by the end of the day. I take my dose real early in the morning so I can get up and go to work. Anyway my willingness is starting to fade and be replaced by fear....the only thing I can think to do is come on here and write about it and hope that re-enforces my commitment to get off this stuff soon. I do know from past experience some price must be paid. Seems like something always comes up to justify using a little more but since I started writing on here I have been a little stronger. Work is going to be hard the next 3 days so I am planning on staying at .5, not going backwards and making another reduction on the weekend. I worry about what my children think when I am tired and a little sick (they are adults) but I have to remember that getting off this has to be the most important thing in my life or I am headed for disaster and that is not good for anyone.
    Sorry to ramble on your thread but my thread died and I am hoping this helps me recommit to sticking to my plan. Anyway I think I know how you feel and hope it gets better for you.
    If your interested let's walk through this together and get through this. I know from the past that this site is effective! I am going to do .75 for 3 more days then make the drop to .5, I don't care if I feel like ???? I'm over being a slave to this. I'll be here an will update often. Just be firm and stick to your guns. I will do the same, it's easier when you have someone who is going through the same stage as one another.... What do u say? Do u want to kick this together? GOD bless

I am a bit scarred to commit but I will give it my best try. Maybe it will be the boost I need. I will stick to my plan tomorrow morning and check back in after work tomorrow. That I can do. I appreciate your enthusiasm and offer. Hopefully we can turn it into something positive. I too am sick of being a slave. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow and thanks.
    stabone likes this.

joycefay40 is offline New Member

Just take it one day at a time. You are doing a great job lowering the dose. So keep yourself active and try to keep it off your mine. I know easy said than done. I beleive you both can do it and stick with it. God Bless you and pray about it.
    stabone likes this.

G
    I am a bit scarred to commit but I will give it my best try. Maybe it will be the boost I need. I will stick to my plan tomorrow morning and check back in after work tomorrow. That I can do. I appreciate your enthusiasm and offer. Hopefully we can turn it into something positive. I too am sick of being a slave. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow and thanks.
    Okay so @ 8:45 .75 was taken. Off to work I will update later. Your gonna do great today let's be confident and try to stay busy. While my work exhaust me this should be a task. GOD Bless. Update when you can

Quote Originally Posted by joycefay40 View Post
    Just take it one day at a time. You are doing a great job lowering the dose. So keep yourself active and try to keep it off your mine. I know easy said than done. I beleive you both can do it and stick with it. God Bless you and pray about it.
    Thanks for the encouragement. It helps! GOD Bless

Jeff, how are you doing today? Did you sleep well last night? Today is day 4 at .5 for you right? If you can do it today you are doing great. Be strong! I don't know about your med history, but for me, I noticed that taking a good multi vitamin, and b12 dissolvable (sublingual) helps, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon, also protein shakes( good quality), plenty of water, and watch caffeine- it will make you shaky, and more tired do to the crash, evening walks are a good idea, it helps. I don't know hy they just do. Take care new friend. I'm praying for you! GOD bless !!!

Jeff, how are you doing today? Did you sleep well last night? Today is day 4 at .5 for you right? If you can do it today you are doing great. Be strong! I don't know about your med history, but for me, I noticed that taking a good multi vitamin, and b12 dissolvable (sublingual) helps, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon, also protein shakes( good quality), plenty of water, and watch caffeine- it will make you shaky, and more tired do to the crash, evening walks are a good idea, it helps. I don't know hy they just do. Take care new friend. I'm praying for you! GOD bless !!!
    Btw don't feel like you have to rush to taper down tomorrow, remember that stabilizing your dose until your comfortable is the way to go subs have a long half life. Your doing great!

Btw don't feel like you have to rush to taper down tomorrow, remember that stabilizing your dose until your comfortable is the way to go subs have a long half life. Your doing great!
    The day is over and I feel good, ready for tomorrow! Staying positive. Good night all GOD bless

Stabone
    I am in California, you are probably on the East Coast. I had a good day also. Im old so I am use to waking up a lot at night but don't let it bother me much anymore and usually can go right back to sleep. I worked hard all day and stayed very positive. Actually had a good morning. I really think writing here is helping for sure and can not wait to be clean again. I am pretty stable on .5 but will wait till the weekend to go down. I am trying to not think of the day I wake up and take 0. That still sounds a little scarry. Someone here was talking about people being on .25 for months and years. I do not want to be a slave to that trap. Like Joycefay says I am trying to focus on today and today I can stick with the plan.
    I am glad you are doing good. I know I don't sound to excited but starting to believe I can do this with everyone's support and help. Thanks for checking in and I will do the same tomorrow. Lets stick to the plan. I seem to be having no problem eating. I take a vitamin and when I start thinking drugs I substitute lots of water. I actually think we are lucky to have work that keeps us busy. I don't have much time to think or get negative. Thanks again for checking in New Friend and I will talk to you tomorrow.

Stabone
    I am in California, you are probably on the East Coast. I had a good day also. Im old so I am use to waking up a lot at night but don't let it bother me much anymore and usually can go right back to sleep. I worked hard all day and stayed very positive. Actually had a good morning. I really think writing here is helping for sure and can not wait to be clean again. I am pretty stable on .5 but will wait till the weekend to go down. I am trying to not think of the day I wake up and take 0. That still sounds a little scarry. Someone here was talking about people being on .25 for months and years. I do not want to be a slave to that trap. Like Joycefay says I am trying to focus on today and today I can stick with the plan.
    I am glad you are doing good. I know I don't sound to excited but starting to believe I can do this with everyone's support and help. Thanks for checking in and I will do the same tomorrow. Lets stick to the plan. I seem to be having no problem eating. I take a vitamin and when I start thinking drugs I substitute lots of water. I actually think we are lucky to have work that keeps us busy. I don't have much time to think or get negative. Thanks again for checking in New Friend and I will talk to you tomorrow.
    Glad u stopped in! This site definitely does help. Yep your right I'm on the east coast in fla. 33 yrs old father of 2. Your doin great. Stick to the plan. Just be sure that when your ready to reduce. But don't wait too long lol. Work does help I agree there. As to he stories about being at .25, I've been there and can tell you that it's not that bad at all! More anxiety expecting to feel aweful than anything. I actually tapered down to .135 before skip days. You'll be fine! We're in his together and I'm here if you need me or someone to talk to! GOD bless !

Glad u stopped in! This site definitely does help. Yep your right I'm on the east coast in fla. 33 yrs old father of 2. Your doin great. Stick to the plan. Just be sure that when your ready to reduce. But don't wait too long lol. Work does help I agree there. As to he stories about being at .25, I've been there and can tell you that it's not that bad at all! More anxiety expecting to feel aweful than anything. I actually tapered down to .135 before skip days. You'll be fine! We're in his together and I'm here if you need me or someone to talk to! GOD bless !
    Well today came and went! One more day at .75 then Saturday I'll be at .5 or the first time in 3 months. I plan on staying at .5 for 4-5 days depending on how I feel then down again by a quarter. Feel good and blessed! Jeff I hope your day was a success! Hang in there my friend! GOD bless!

Well today came and went! One more day at .75 then Saturday I'll be at .5 or the first time in 3 months. I plan on staying at .5 for 4-5 days depending on how I feel then down again by a quarter. Feel good and blessed! Jeff I hope your day was a success! Hang in there my friend! GOD bless!
    Definitely a success. Came and went, sticking to the plan and gaining a little momentum. I plan on dropping on the weekend also. Maybe down to .25. I would rather feel the pain on the weekend when I can get in a hot bathtub if I feel real bad. I am cutting up 8mg strips and think my does today was probably a little under .5, or maybe it was just catching up to me. Not bad but a little burnt out. Trying to focus on the positives, my stomach and appetite is good. I think even 2 mg. was screwing with my stomach. Probably not doing my other organs much good either. Starting to think how good it will be to be free again. Thanks for checking in and asking about me. Lets keep on a roll. Hope your feel well. We can make it through tomorrow.
    stabone likes this.

Definitely a success. Came and went, sticking to the plan and gaining a little momentum. I plan on dropping on the weekend also. Maybe down to .25. I would rather feel the pain on the weekend when I can get in a hot bathtub if I feel real bad. I am cutting up 8mg strips and think my does today was probably a little under .5, or maybe it was just catching up to me. Not bad but a little burnt out. Trying to focus on the positives, my stomach and appetite is good. I think even 2 mg. was screwing with my stomach. Probably not doing my other organs much good either. Starting to think how good it will be to be free again. Thanks for checking in and asking about me. Lets keep on a roll. Hope your feel well. We can make it through tomorrow.
    Your doing great always remember to take your dose at the same time and to always take as close to the same size as you have been. According to the taper plan i was succesaful with you should reduce by 25% every 4 days. But if you need an extra day or 2 do that! Remember since the long half life of subs, you most certainly won't feel the effects of reducing in the first day! That is why I believe the 25% reduction is the way to go! Hang in there my friend and don't get discouraged, I'm right there with ya! Good night GOD bless

Your doing great always remember to take your dose at the same time and to always take as close to the same size as you have been. According to the taper plan i was succesaful with you should reduce by 25% every 4 days. But if you need an extra day or 2 do that! Remember since the long half life of subs, you most certainly won't feel the effects of reducing in the first day! That is why I believe the 25% reduction is the way to go! Hang in there my friend and don't get discouraged, I'm right there with ya! Good night GOD bless
    Thanks stabone. Yes change in plans. Going to .375 tomorrow for at least 3 days. Might as well do it right. I have what is probably a bad habit. Take my dose at 4:30 am, go back to sleep and wake up feeling great at 6:30 am. I think I need to get use to waking up and starting my day before I take my dose. That way I will be use to getting up and not feeling so good before I stop completely. I know it sounds weird but I think I do it that way because it is the only way I really feel it and I need to stop chasing that feeling. Anyways today was a long day at work and I am ready for the weekend. Hope you are feeling okay and up to reducing tomorrow. Hope you check in tomorrow and let me know how it goes.

Thanks stabone. Yes change in plans. Going to .375 tomorrow for at least 3 days. Might as well do it right. I have what is probably a bad habit. Take my dose at 4:30 am, go back to sleep and wake up feeling great at 6:30 am. I think I need to get use to waking up and starting my day before I take my dose. That way I will be use to getting up and not feeling so good before I stop completely. I know it sounds weird but I think I do it that way because it is the only way I really feel it and I need to stop chasing that feeling. Anyways today was a long day at work and I am ready for the weekend. Hope you are feeling okay and up to reducing tomorrow. Hope you check in tomorrow and let me know how it goes.
    Long day indeed! Just got home 13 hr day. Went very well this message board helps dramatically. I'm glad you are dropping to .3 it will really help out both physically and mentally! Just think about how much closer you are to beating this. I'm ready for the next for or 5 days! Don't get discouraged if you feel tired over the weekend! You can do this just try to not over tire yourself, relax and watch movies read, and come on here and post if you can, reading others success stories helped me push myself last time. Remember that sub have a long half life and you shouldn't feel too much of a difference these next 4 days. Drink plenty of water! Your doing great! Your almost there my friend! Just a couple more weeks and you'll be ready for skip days! Hang in there! Good night GOD bless! I'll let you know tomorrow how I did and will stop by to see if you have posted and are needing any help

Made the drop to .375 this morning and actually went to a hot yoga class. Feel pretty good and going to watch basketball. Stopped by the health food store and bought a bunch of good food. Read way to many threads on suboxone withdrawl last night and kind of got discouraged and scarred. Trying to stay focused on the positives. Stabone, hope you are well. I have a dream vacation to Hawaii with long time friends at the start of June and am going to try and do it clean and hopefully feeling somewhat human again. Am really looking forward to relaxing the rest of the day and taking care of myself. Thanks

Hope your okay buddy. I know its the weekend and maybe your busy.

Hope your okay buddy. I know its the weekend and maybe your busy.
    Hey buddy, glad to see you posting. Just got home from another long day. Awesome for you man! Your that much closer to being clean. I am praying that you do great! A trip to Hawaii sounds awesome. You can do it man, sounds like you had a good day. I too did great! Really confident that we are going to beat this. As long as we keep this positive attitude and motion we will be back to the old us in now time. I was surprised how decent I felt today. The temptation to take more was there but just kept busy. Im looking forward to he next 4 days at .5 then dropping again. How did the yoga help? Never thought of that one. I'm off tomorrow and Monday. Thinking about cruising on the bike in the morning to release some stress, but defiantly looking forward to the days off! Your doing awesome man very proud of both of us. It's really helping me.. Thanks for being there! Talk to you tomorrow buddy off to bed. GOD bless !

Hey buddy, glad to see you posting. Just got home from another long day. Awesome for you man! Your that much closer to being clean. I am praying that you do great! A trip to Hawaii sounds awesome. You can do it man, sounds like you had a good day. I too did great! Really confident that we are going to beat this. As long as we keep this positive attitude and motion we will be back to the old us in now time. I was surprised how decent I felt today. The temptation to take more was there but just kept busy. Im looking forward to he next 4 days at .5 then dropping again. How did the yoga help? Never thought of that one. I'm off tomorrow and Monday. Thinking about cruising on the bike in the morning to release some stress, but defiantly looking forward to the days off! Your doing awesome man very proud of both of us. It's really helping me.. Thanks for being there! Talk to you tomorrow buddy off to bed. GOD bless !
    Good to hear. Glad you have tomorrow off. Relax and enjoy. One day closer to freedom.

Good to hear. Glad you have tomorrow off. Relax and enjoy. One day closer to freedom.
    Slept till 1030 ! Taking the day easy indeed. I hope your doing alright just think about how rewarding it's going to feel in acouple more days to drop again! If you are tempted just post! Your doing great ! Enjoy your day. I'll check back later GOD bless

Glad you got to sleep in. Just curious what time of day you dose, and how it works for you? I ate a big breakfast with a friend and went for a walk on the beach. He is clean and in recovery and one of the people who thinks I am clean and doesn't know I was getting loaded. It will be so nice to be off this stuff and not have to lie. I seem to be okay at .375 but work tomorrow will be the test. I have been taking advil PM to help sleep at night. I guess I go to .25 on Wednesday. Did you cut to .5 today? Feeling okay? I just realized there is a whole section on suboxone withdrawal. Maybe you would have gotten more support there instead of just me replying to you. Anyways hope your day goes good. Thanks

Glad you got to sleep in. Just curious what time of day you dose, and how it works for you? I ate a big breakfast with a friend and went for a walk on the beach. He is clean and in recovery and one of the people who thinks I am clean and doesn't know I was getting loaded. It will be so nice to be off this stuff and not have to lie. I seem to be okay at .375 but work tomorrow will be the test. I have been taking advil PM to help sleep at night. I guess I go to .25 on Wednesday. Did you cut to .5 today? Feeling okay? I just realized there is a whole section on suboxone withdrawal. Maybe you would have gotten more support there instead of just me replying to you. Anyways hope your day goes good. Thanks
    I went to .5 yesterday today is my second day. Feeling pretty good. I too have been keeping this a secret an know how hard it is. I also saw the other threads that I was thinking telling you that maybe we should switch to that one. What do u think? Sub withdrawal can be a pain in the rear if not done properly. The last time I followed Roberts taper plan and was successful the whole reasoning behind the .25 reducing is from that plan. When u decide to reduce you should always stabilize at that dose and when dropping that amount at a time it allows for the half life to catch up so withdrawals are minimal if you would like let post on that site we may get more support there

I went to .5 yesterday today is my second day. Feeling pretty good. I too have been keeping this a secret an know how hard it is. I also saw the other threads that I was thinking telling you that maybe we should switch to that one. What do u think? Sub withdrawal can be a pain in the rear if not done properly. The last time I followed Roberts taper plan and was successful the whole reasoning behind the .25 reducing is from that plan. When u decide to reduce you should always stabilize at that dose and when dropping that amount at a time it allows for the half life to catch up so withdrawals are minimal if you would like let post on that site we may get more support there
    Jeff I started a new thread on sub treatment go check it out and join up or if you want start a new thread I think that's the one we need to be on