Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iloerose
Help, i'm not sure what step to take???
    char1204 is offline Junior Member

Post Help, i'm not sure what step to take???

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum although I do read it frequently. It makes me happy to know tht I am not alone!!

I was on Norco 10/325, 12-18 pills/day, for about 8 months, due to a bad knee.(ask for details if needed!) It has been 14 days since I have taken any pain meds. I want to stay off them for many reasons and I am getting different suggestions from family and friends,some of which have gone through addiction, as to what I should do for the "next step." I've been told to go to N/A and I've been told to goon Suboxone.
    I have had knee problems since I was 15 yrs old (5 surgeries over 15 years.) I know have severe Osteoarthritis, no cartilidge in my knee, partially torn ACL.........and the list goes on!!! Managing my pain has been a battle for the past 6 years or so. Since I am only 30 yrs old, I am NOT a candidate for a knee replacement although, 3 ortho's have said it is needed...!!! HELLO!!! So, it's suck it up and deal for another 10-15 years.
    My symptoms get worse by the year and I have 2 small children to take care of. Due to pregnancy complications, I developed a seizure disorder which has cost me my license and have been unable to work or get disability. I don t want to depend on the state, I want to work. I want my life back!!!!
    I'm not a moron, I know I did this to myself with the pain meds, I just want some outside advice on what my next step should be.
    Withdrawl is terrible. I still cant sleep well, I have cravings like mad, my life is essentially in the toilet, and I want OUT!!!!!
    So, anyone with advice, please, help!

BTW, if anyone doesn't understand what I have posted, please, don't hesitate to ask for more details or background. I need all the information that I can get!

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

If it has been 14 days since you've taken any norco, you should be well over the hump. I know you were taking quite a bit, but you should be getting better as far as physical w/d's go. It sounds like you have quite a bit of anxiety about your situation though and that may be causing some of the sleeplessness. Sleep is the last thing to return, but you should be in the stages of being able to get some sleep, although everyone is different. I think you just need to calm down. Take one day at a time. There are quite a few people here in the same boat you are. I met many on the "need to talk" section of the boards, some of them may have some idea what you can do for pain. A. YOU DON'T NEED SUBS. For a hydrocodone addiction taking subutex or suboxone is like "killing a fly with a tomahawk missile". B. NA is a great support system to keep you off the drugs. There are people here who resisted this idea, then found it to be a great source of help to them. Some people just talked it out on these boards. It's up to you, but if you are having second thoughts or cravings, it's good to share it with someone else.C. Are you taking anything else? It's been 14 days with NO opiates, right?

You can get your life back if you hang in there and don't go back to the Norco. You don't need subs either. You need support. First take a deep breath and say: I CAN DO THIS. I WILL DO THIS. Then, check out the Thomas Recipe and see if any of the supplements will help you. Melatonin for sleep, may help you and it's cheap. POST POST POST. I am proud of you that you managed to stay off the norco this long with all the confusion and pain!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Robert_325 likes this.

Iloerose, thank you for your kind words. To answer your question, NO opiates what so ever. Today is Day 15 and it's a little bumpy so far, but I'm still optimistic. I know my mind is causing most of the anxiety. And I've decided not to do the Subs, all because of this website. That is the first actual decision I've made since deciding to quit for good.
    I have been on the 'Need to talk' thread. My post is under the same heading as this one.

Did get a good nights sleep last night, about 7 hours. Good, right?? So, today, I'm just gonna try to be 'normal' and see what happens. Never hurts to try, right!

I'll check back in a bit later. Gonna try to get out of this house today! Need a job!!!!
    Have a good day everyone!!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Char ..... you would do better to keep your posts on one thread. It's confusing when you start a new thread every time you make a post. Just trying to help you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.