Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By girl80902
  • 4 Post By Robert_325
Help! I took Tramadol during my Vicodin withdrawal!
  1. #1
    veryscared is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    45

    Unhappy Help! I took Tramadol during my Vicodin withdrawal!

    Help! I am actually on Day 12 of no Vicodin. My only problem is I took Tramadol Day 5 or 6. I just wanted the pain to end. I found a few at my mom's and I felt better again. So I got some more and took them all week. I got though work and all my daily routines. I thought I was in the clear and them I ran out of Tramadol on Fri and thought "no big deal, the worst of my withdrawals are over". Then to my unpleasant surprise I woke up Sat and had all my withdrawal symptoms back! I am tired,achy, diarrhea, vomiting, no appetite, restless legs, EVERYTHING! I feel like I totally restarted the whole process! I didn't even know the Tramadol would do this to me! I thought it was like a prescription advil or something!! Is it an Opiate? I didn't think it was or I would have NEVER taken it! Now I am back to square one and feeling, depressed and defeated!! I am going to keep on with my withdrawal, but this time with no help! My husband goes back to work tomorrrow and my mom (who was also supportive with the first process last week, but is now mad at me and doesn't want to even talk to me! So now I am in the same place a week later, in all the pain and less help I have to be done and I am not quitting I am just so discouraged! Does anyone know if I completely reset this whole process????

  2. #2
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veryscared View Post
    Help! I am actually on Day 12 of no Vicodin. My only problem is I took Tramadol Day 5 or 6. I just wanted the pain to end. I found a few at my mom's and I felt better again. So I got some more and took them all week. I got though work and all my daily routines. I thought I was in the clear and them I ran out of Tramadol on Fri and thought "no big deal, the worst of my withdrawals are over". Then to my unpleasant surprise I woke up Sat and had all my withdrawal symptoms back! I am tired,achy, diarrhea, vomiting, no appetite, restless legs, EVERYTHING! I feel like I totally restarted the whole process! I didn't even know the Tramadol would do this to me! I thought it was like a prescription advil or something!! Is it an Opiate? I didn't think it was or I would have NEVER taken it! Now I am back to square one and feeling, depressed and defeated!! I am going to keep on with my withdrawal, but this time with no help! My husband goes back to work tomorrrow and my mom (who was also supportive with the first process last week, but is now mad at me and doesn't want to even talk to me! So now I am in the same place a week later, in all the pain and less help I have to be done and I am not quitting I am just so discouraged! Does anyone know if I completely reset this whole process????



    Tramadol works on the same brain receptors as do the vics. So you basically blew the time you had and are back at day one. You should check out the following link to the Thomas Recipe for opiate w/d. This will make your detox a lot easier I assure you. Lots of people have been successful on it. Hope it helps and you'll get lots of support here on the forum. Just leave the tramadol alone, It's garbage! God bless.

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html
    girl80902 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  3. #3
    veryscared is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Really???? I am so upset at myself! Well now it's been about 48 hours since I had any Tramadol. So I guess I am back to this again. I won't be taking anything else, except maybe sleeping pills and Tylenol PM. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get passed the next week? I have to either work or quit my job and take care of my main reasons for quitting, my boys.

  4. #4
    girl80902 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veryscared View Post
    Really???? I am so upset at myself! Well now it's been about 48 hours since I had any Tramadol. So I guess I am back to this again. I won't be taking anything else, except maybe sleeping pills and Tylenol PM. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get passed the next week? I have to either work or quit my job and take care of my main reasons for quitting, my boys.
    Read the site Rober325 gave you. This does make a world of difference and will help verses nothing! I had very slight WD on day 2 but day 3 was all mental....nothing I could do for that. Now I'm past day 5 and doing pretty good....and I'm a single mother who works and has 2 kids...a baby and a 7yr old. Keep on the forum and we'll walk you through it.
    Robert_325 likes this.

  5. #5
    veryscared is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I don't know which is worst these 2 days knowing I had to start over again or last week. I am having bad physical withdrawals again and very bad depression. I think it's worst because I thought I was done! I have been taking vicodin or norco for years. I had a prescription and a dealer. I haven't had a script in a long time and feel like I have been addicted for about a year. I am(was) taking about 10-12 750's in a day.

  6. #6
    girl80902 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veryscared View Post
    I don't know which is worst these 2 days knowing I had to start over again or last week. I am having bad physical withdrawals again and very bad depression. I think it's worst because I thought I was done! I have been taking vicodin or norco for years. I had a prescription and a dealer. I haven't had a script in a long time and feel like I have been addicted for about a year. I am(was) taking about 10-12 750's in a day.
    The faster you get the vitamins and supplements the faster your physical symtoms will start to resolve. I also added Melatonin and Extra SleepyTime tea by Celeastrial and Magnisium to my B6 and St. Johns Wort was for my moodiness...I say the combo had worked for me and I went CT off the same amount you were taking (I only took that amount for 6 weeks tho..Ii was at a smaller amount of the Vic for 16 months altogether. The first time I went CT I felt just like you but the next time I used all the stuff above and only had one day of minor physical symtoms (I did have to take Vicks Nature Fusion cough medicine for my headache though, I read somewhere it would help and it did since the Excederine didn't) The 3rd day was my moodiness and must had been my peak day for that because I've been fine since. I never had a dealer though I always had my own perscription from the 6 surgeries I had to have this past year. I said enough when I was going Dr. to Dr to get another script when I knew I didn't need them anymore for severe pain. I didn't want to chase a stupid pill anymore! Don't get upset at whats in the past...keep focused on your goal....move forward now.

  7. #7
    Izzn is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I did not know this about tramadol!!!! I had 2 pills in the back of a drawer and I just destroyed them in front of my husband. Thank you for sharing your experience, you just saved me more pain. Good luck to you, you can do this. My husband is telling me to think of it as the hangover from hell. Just gotta tough it out as best as we can, I guess. I just started supplements today I feel a bit better, but we will see what my RLS wants to do tonight. God bless you all.

  8. #8
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veryscared View Post
    I don't know which is worst these 2 days knowing I had to start over again or last week. I am having bad physical withdrawals again and very bad depression. I think it's worst because I thought I was done! I have been taking vicodin or norco for years. I had a prescription and a dealer. I haven't had a script in a long time and feel like I have been addicted for about a year. I am(was) taking about 10-12 750's in a day.



    Hey don't feel like the Lone Ranger! When I was at my worst ten years ago I was taking almost 1000mg a day of 30mg Roxi IR, and counting all the soma and benzos was taking over 100 pills a day. And I did that a long time, used opiates over 35 years. Most of the people on this forum weren't even born yet!

    If I can stop taking pills any old pillhead can do it! How many 100 pills a day people do you know that are still alive, able to talk, type, and are almost 60 years old? God has truly shown grace and forgiveness to me!
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  9. #9
    veryscared is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    45

    Default

    How long have you been off? Be very glad you read this and did not take Tramadol! I didn't know this either! I wish I had known a week ago, I'd be over the worse! Now I prolonged it

  10. #10
    AlmostHome is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I would avoid that drug at all costs, it is a decent in reliever and also makes you "happy, but has a nasty nasty withdrawl, the problem is that it is an opiate along with a serotonin reuptake inhibitor so when you stop you have an opiate withdrawl and a serotonin crash that adds a certain hopelessness to the experience that is impossible to comprehend. I took 300mg/day for 3 years. Clean now but wow what an awefull awefull awefull road to get there. Stay Away!

  11. #11
    veryscared is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Well I didn't take a whole lot of Tramadol, only for about 4 days. I think I am still W/D from the vicodin, I just didn't finish my Detox before I started taking those.(I am assuming)

  12. #12
    AlmostHome is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veryscared View Post
    Well I didn't take a whole lot of Tramadol, only for about 4 days. I think I am still W/D from the vicodin, I just didn't finish my Detox before I started taking those.(I am assuming)
    Thats good, that stuff is poison. Honestly unless you decide to taper from the start (which has its own drawbacks), it really is best to just deal with it because ultimately the only way out is through.

  13. #13
    opiatesarehideous is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veryscared View Post
    Well I didn't take a whole lot of Tramadol, only for about 4 days. I think I am still W/D from the vicodin, I just didn't finish my Detox before I started taking those.(I am assuming)
    Oh NO! I so wish I had seen this thread a little earlier today! I have been off of subutex for nearly a month, but the w/d's have been just plain horrible. I haven't been able to do anything and am so constantly miserable/sweating while cold/soooooo uncomfortable and can hardly sleep. It's been HIDEOUS! I had been prescribed tramadol while I was tapering off of subutex, and I was led to believe it was not a dangerous drug.. I certainly wasn't told it is an opiate! I didn't seem to help me at all while I was weaning, so I thought it just didn't really do anything for me. Today I happened across a couple that I didn't know I had left. I was desperate for relief and thought that maybe now they'd help.. have heard that they're used to ease w/d symptoms. I took some, but then I got so much relief that I got worried and started looking into it more.

    I'm SO scared I've set myself back to day 1! (((((((((((((( That would feel nearly unbearable! I just had no idea.. exactly like you. I have a friend who has promoted it to me like crazy while she was going through w/d from Norco.. she said her doc said it was very safe too. Now I'm thinking she's still addicted and just doesn't know it, or is now addicted to Tramadol. Oh man, if I go back to square one I don't know how I'm going to handle it (( I won't take anymore, of course. I wonder if one dose will set me right back?? How did you end up doing with this?

    Thanks.. ugh I'm so frustrated that I took those stupid things.. I have relief right now but at what cost? *sigh*

    If anyone has any advice, I'd sure appreciate it. I have been so incredibly miserable but was hoping that it couldn't last much longer.. I'm terrified of having to do all of that over again.

    Thanks all..... I really need all the info and support I can get.

  14. #14
    shawn156 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opiatesarehideous View Post
    Oh NO! I so wish I had seen this thread a little earlier today! I have been off of subutex for nearly a month, but the w/d's have been just plain horrible. I haven't been able to do anything and am so constantly miserable/sweating while cold/soooooo uncomfortable and can hardly sleep. It's been HIDEOUS! I had been prescribed tramadol while I was tapering off of subutex, and I was led to believe it was not a dangerous drug.. I certainly wasn't told it is an opiate! I didn't seem to help me at all while I was weaning, so I thought it just didn't really do anything for me. Today I happened across a couple that I didn't know I had left. I was desperate for relief and thought that maybe now they'd help.. have heard that they're used to ease w/d symptoms. I took some, but then I got so much relief that I got worried and started looking into it more.

    I'm SO scared I've set myself back to day 1! (((((((((((((( That would feel nearly unbearable! I just had no idea.. exactly like you. I have a friend who has promoted it to me like crazy while she was going through w/d from Norco.. she said her doc said it was very safe too. Now I'm thinking she's still addicted and just doesn't know it, or is now addicted to Tramadol. Oh man, if I go back to square one I don't know how I'm going to handle it (( I won't take anymore, of course. I wonder if one dose will set me right back?? How did you end up doing with this?

    Thanks.. ugh I'm so frustrated that I took those stupid things.. I have relief right now but at what cost? *sigh*

    If anyone has any advice, I'd sure appreciate it. I have been so incredibly miserable but was hoping that it couldn't last much longer.. I'm terrified of having to do all of that over again.

    Thanks all..... I really need all the info and support I can get.
    I don't see 1 dose setting you back,but don't take anymore or it will lead to trouble.We are addicts and it only takes 1 pill to make us relapse. I can't Tramadol.Makes me sick to my stomach. I have had doctors try and give me them even after I tell them they make me sick.They always told me to keep trying and you will get used to them.That is probably true but I was not going to start that up.
    I recently found out I have Stenosis in my L1 and L2,but the pain hasn't been to bad,not enough to start on any opiates again. I am hopefully done with them until my back gets worse then it is now.I have had some sleepless nights where I wished I had some norco,but I can't chance it.I'd rather loose sleep for a day then deal with another w/d.
    Hope everything is getting better.

  15. #15
    opiatesarehideous is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Thank you so much for responding! I took that dose at around noon yesterday, and have actually felt better ever since. I don't know if it's just long acting? Anyway, I don't have anymore and don't plan to get any more.
    I'm so sorry about your stenosis. I hope that the pain will stay manageable without any dangerous drugs. I know that I had so much more pain in my back, etc., while I was still on Norco, and still had some while on Subutex, which I was given to get me off of Norco and to wean off of. I was led to believe that Subutex would be so much easier to get off of.. well, maybe.. but it sure isn't easy?! But, now I wonder if that fact that I was also trying tramadol for awhile during the wean just made things a lot worse. I had no clue that the w/d misery would be so intense and would last sooooooooo long. But, I've been reading that a lot of people have trouble getting off of Subutex.

    Anyway, this has been an awful journey starting probably about 2 1/2 years ago, maybe 3. I had terrible pain and didn't know why.. went down routes where the treatment did nothing to help me.. did find out I have Lyme disease and slipped discs/tearing in my lower back.. I think about where your stenosis is. But, it seems that my main pain problem was simply the Norco that I was on....it was creating pain to make me take it, and I kept thinking something must really be wrong with me because the pain kept escalating. No doctor would tell me the truth about Norco until I finally went to a pain clinic. Ugh! These drugs are so dangerous.

    Thanks again.. so far today I'm feeling all right.. have been praying it will last
    I hope everything gets better for you too.

  16. #16
    shawn156 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opiatesarehideous View Post
    Thank you so much for responding! I took that dose at around noon yesterday, and have actually felt better ever since. I don't know if it's just long acting? Anyway, I don't have anymore and don't plan to get any more.
    I'm so sorry about your stenosis. I hope that the pain will stay manageable without any dangerous drugs. I know that I had so much more pain in my back, etc., while I was still on Norco, and still had some while on Subutex, which I was given to get me off of Norco and to wean off of. I was led to believe that Subutex would be so much easier to get off of.. well, maybe.. but it sure isn't easy?! But, now I wonder if that fact that I was also trying tramadol for awhile during the wean just made things a lot worse. I had no clue that the w/d misery would be so intense and would last sooooooooo long. But, I've been reading that a lot of people have trouble getting off of Subutex.

    Anyway, this has been an awful journey starting probably about 2 1/2 years ago, maybe 3. I had terrible pain and didn't know why.. went down routes where the treatment did nothing to help me.. did find out I have Lyme disease and slipped discs/tearing in my lower back.. I think about where your stenosis is. But, it seems that my main pain problem was simply the Norco that I was on....it was creating pain to make me take it, and I kept thinking something must really be wrong with me because the pain kept escalating. No doctor would tell me the truth about Norco until I finally went to a pain clinic. Ugh! These drugs are so dangerous.

    Thanks again.. so far today I'm feeling all right.. have been praying it will last
    I hope everything gets better for you too.
    I have read how bad the subs really are and have no idea why the Doctors still prescribe it.From what I read,it's a very hard and long drawn out w/d. I used Tylenol 3 with Codeine last year to w/d and it worked good for me.It took me 7 weeks but my w/d was very minimal and easy compared to a norco w/d. Not sure why Doctors don't try the T3s first and if that fails then try subs. I found it so much easier to step down to a weaker opiate then use subs.When I did stop the T3,I didn't have any problems doing so since they are so weak,but yet strong enough to hold off the worse of the norco w/d.
    I have been feeling great since Saturday.I went to work,which consist of sitting for a better part of 12 hours if we are busy.I finally sit behind the drums and played a bit longer then I have been and everything is back to normal. I know I am going to have pain and I am finding ways to minimize it.I have found that if I sit in a chair and lean forward it helps ease the pain up.It takes some of the pressure off where the stenosis is.Now bending backwards is a no no. That will make it worse. I went to Wal Mart last night to see if I could walk around with little to no problems.That didn't go so well.After 15 minutes I was in serious pain.I have avoided doing any shopping since I had a problem a few months ago and had to keep stopping because the pain was so bad.Norco would of done me no good,by the time I would of taken it,the pain would of been gone.I guess I will be riding the electric scooter around and helping my wife shop. We are also planning a trip to the zoo and my wife knows I can't walk for 100-15 minutes let alone 3-4 hours so she said if they have no electric wheelchairs,she would push me around. It makes a very HUGE difference when I have the support I have now. My wife understands everything and wanted me to stay on norco,but I can't do it any longer.I told her when I feel it is getting bad enough,I'll reconsider it and start looking to get surgery.The surgery will by no means take away the back pain,but it will give me back control of my lower body below the waist.I know someone who has the same problem and he finally had surgery.He said he could barely walk before the surgery but is doing ok now.He did say he still has back pain but it was worth it since he can walk better now. I hope mine doesn't get to that point,but I know it will one day. I try to stay active as much as possible.I found that keeping myself busy and moving around helps out.
    As far as phantom pain after stopping norco,give it a week or 2 and it will be gone.I think mine lasted a few weeks but I was determined to stop using.That was hard to get through since it made it that much harder to sleep. I did find that drinking a lot of Gatorade helped flush it out faster and Bananas will help a bit with RLS. The other thing I hated about w/d was the dull constant pains in the joints when it was bedtime.You go all day and no pain in those areas until it's time for bed.Drove me crazy. Sorry I kind of got off topic but you will see life is better without the pills. I know I feel so much better now and my dose was light.5mg 3-4 times a day.

  17. #17
    shawn156 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Forgot to add,when I went to the Dr to get off the norco last year,he was skeptical about it. He tried to wheel and deal with me and give me 60 norco and 60 T3s.I think it went on for about 5 minutes with him trying to convince me to stay on norco.I am stubborn I told him just the T3s.He finally agreed to that and he gave me 90 plus a refill and back in 2 months for a follow up. When I went back,the first thing he asked is how I was doing on the T3s and I told him I as done last week.He didn't believe me at first,but when it came time for the meds to be prescribed he asked about the T3 and I told him I don't need them. He said he didn't think I would follow through with it and was shocked I did and told me that I done a good job at it.Since then,him and the NP he has trust me with my meds when they would write them out. He realized I was the rare one who would always take myself off pain meds and was never cut off.I think when he was trying to get me to take the norco,he was just pushing to see if I would cave and show him I was addicted really bad when I asked for the T3s. I was happy to prove him wrong,but I was really really bad back then. I barely remember Jan of 2012 it was that bad.I had personal problems and was self medicating.I realized it and had a heck of a time going c/t and needed the weaker opiate.My wife (g/f at the time) had a miscarriage and it kind of hit us both very hard.We were distant for a while after that,but ended up back together and married now.

  18. #18
    opiatesarehideous is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Thank you for sharing.. I really appreciate it. Yes, subutex is definitely giving me a very looooong, drawn out and extremely uncomfortable withdrawal. I had no idea what I was in for.. had never gone through any kind of w/d before this and the doctor led me to believe subutex wouldn't be hard to get off of. I was down to 4 mg./day when I quit, and the doc said that 6 mg./day is the lowest dose they give, so I thought it wouldn't be that bad.. boy, was I wrong! BUT, when I tried to quit Norco on my own, it backfired. Pain went through the roof after a few days of taking less, and I was screaming my head off and ended up in the ER. I'm sure not everyone has this much trouble; everyone's system is different, but it seemed impossible to go off Norco on my own. At least I AM off now, even though it's been a month since quitting and I still don't feel so great. It IS better than it was.. it's just exacerbated by a never ending cold that I've had for most of my w/d.

    Don't feel bad about using a scooter/wheelchair.. sounds like they are very helpful tools for you! I don't have nearly the back issues that you described, and I was using one for awhile when I'd otherwise have to walk a long way. I liked it because I was still getting some exercise for my arms, and that didn't hurt.. it just caused too much pain to walk for awhile there.

    I'm so sorry about the loss of your baby due to miscarriage. I know how that feels :'(

    Congratulations on getting through that painful time and not breaking apart....God bless your marriage.

    Thanks again for your responses! Much appreciated!

  19. #19
    shawn156 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opiatesarehideous View Post
    Thank you for sharing.. I really appreciate it. Yes, subutex is definitely giving me a very looooong, drawn out and extremely uncomfortable withdrawal. I had no idea what I was in for.. had never gone through any kind of w/d before this and the doctor led me to believe subutex wouldn't be hard to get off of. I was down to 4 mg./day when I quit, and the doc said that 6 mg./day is the lowest dose they give, so I thought it wouldn't be that bad.. boy, was I wrong! BUT, when I tried to quit Norco on my own, it backfired. Pain went through the roof after a few days of taking less, and I was screaming my head off and ended up in the ER. I'm sure not everyone has this much trouble; everyone's system is different, but it seemed impossible to go off Norco on my own. At least I AM off now, even though it's been a month since quitting and I still don't feel so great. It IS better than it was.. it's just exacerbated by a never ending cold that I've had for most of my w/d.

    Don't feel bad about using a scooter/wheelchair.. sounds like they are very helpful tools for you! I don't have nearly the back issues that you described, and I was using one for awhile when I'd otherwise have to walk a long way. I liked it because I was still getting some exercise for my arms, and that didn't hurt.. it just caused too much pain to walk for awhile there.

    I'm so sorry about the loss of your baby due to miscarriage. I know how that feels :'(

    Congratulations on getting through that painful time and not breaking apart....God bless your marriage.

    Thanks again for your responses! Much appreciated!
    Phantom pain is common with Vicodin use and your pain level will only get worse the longer you are on them.You'd be amazed at how many people don't know that part.
    Me and my wife went to Wal Mart today and I rode the little scooter around.People looked at me since I am so young and probably thinking WTH is he using that for. I was having fun honking the horn behind people and telling them to get out of the way.I guess my first experience using one was kind of fun.Can't wait to go back and do it again. LOL
    My back problem is a little serious but I am not letting it get to me.I am trying to enjoy life as much as I can now before things get worse. I am expecting it to so having fun is what I will do until I can't any longer.
    Keep up the good work on staying off Benzos.It's tough to do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22