Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gamomma
Good Morning Beautiful World
    gamomma is offline Member

Talking Good Morning Beautiful World

Day 19 Wow what a difference a couple days make I'm am almost through with this fight 19 20 days ago.I wasn't sure I could make it but because of the people here I fought through and I'm here and I hate pills even more I never thought I could feel this good again. I'm sooooo much happier I'm still having night sweats and my sleep is still a bit messed up but that's nothing compared to the hell I went through in the beginning I will never put my self through that again I can't believe how amazing I feel I'm so thankful for the encouragement I got from the people here you helped me get through Na meetings are so important to me too I find a sense of peace knowing I'm not the only one that fell victim to those lying life sucking little pills that controlled every aspect of my life NEVER AGAIN. I see now just how much they took from me and I can't get them back but. I can create new good memories with my family its never too late to show the ones you love how much you care and I'm not missing another day with mine ever again I'm soooo much happier and so are they I wish everyone here sucess in in your journey you can do it don't let those pills control lie and destroy you you will see in a couple weeks you feel better than a pill could ever make you feel I have to thank God for giving me the strength to make it I'm pulling and praying for you all goid luck and much sucess
    goodwrench1 likes this.

Izzn is offline Member

Good morning to you too, GA! Happy Day to you! I too, am free of the pills! A week ago today I posted on this forum in dispair of my withdrawal symptoms, begging for help and advice and these good folks gave it to me. Last night, for the first time in 7 nights, I SLEPT! No Restless Leg symptoms and no restless leg feelings in my lower back which had plagued me horribly! This morning I feel groggy, like I have a paper bag over my head but I dont care. i will take this any day! I even set up a loaf of my famous oatmeal bread in my bread machine this morning, first one in over 2 weeks.

I have decided I must find a new mission other than finding pills. My new mission is going to be my health. I am 55 years old, and I am going to now become one of those KOOKS who reads all the articles about eating well, excercizing, remaining zen in life, etc. That is my new mission. I have a good friend who is Native American and his Uncle is the tribal Traditional Man (his tribe does not say 'medicine man') and Uncle is urging me to burn certain LEGAL herbs in my house in certain places, they have a version of what we call Feng Shui, etc. This does not conflict with my views as a Christain, but if becomming all zen on the virtues of my animal guide and my flower spirit can help me, then why not.

I not only want my life back, I want a better life. Sitting around waiting for that to arrive somehow, only leads to horror, I have found out.

GAMOMMA, what your your plans to embrace your new health? Let's all make a plan!

Good morning! Gamomma I love following up on your story. You too remind me much of myself. I see we have this new found outlook on life. It feels so good to be free, not a prisoner in my own home, a prisoner in my own life being ruled by those little pills. Its such a life changing experience and I feel like I'm reflecting daily upon my past and too I see how much time was wasted, but I've learned it's never too late to start living. I love time with family and friends and I think they appreciate the new me. We are doing it!!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Izzn: So happy to hear everything is going much better for you know. I def felt your pain as I was too there with you before. The Opanas were much stronger and the WD from these seemed to hit harder. I'm so proud of you for getting the strength to get rid of the rest of your pills and continue to push through this journey. Day by day things will get better. Some days are better than others as our bodies are still adjusting, but hey another day of sobriety is a wonderful feeling in it's own right?? Hope you have a great weekend and keep us posted!

AlmostHome is offline Junior Member

Good job Gamomma, I also feel that you remind me of myself, every day was a new experience, and most of them are wonderfull. It takes a while but eventually sleep becomes normal again. IZZN, I am very proud of you, I admitt I was worried about you morso than girl.

gamomma is offline Member

Thank you each and every one of you you have no idea how your stories helped and motivated me I'm so thankfup for the encouraging words you have all given me over these last couple weeks I'm a new me and the old me all in one I'm the old me befoee the pills with a new sense of truth and love for life we only get one and I'm not wasting another day lost in the lies of those pills I'm much more aware of what I really want and I'm going to live really live clear and free thank you everyone you are my heroes I'm so proud of you all I know we all will stand strong and love life