Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Getting off the Percs..for good
    alldonewitit is offline New Member

Default Getting off the Percs..for good

I have been reading over the stories on here the past week before I quit. I wanted to sign up and tell my expirence hopefully it helps some others in my position. It started for me with a injury at work a few years back. I took a fall off a ladder and was put on percs. (5mg) I enjoyed them and soon found out that I easily get them on the street from a friend. As time went on I needed more and more until recently I have found myself at 60mg a day. I recently had a baby girl and bought a house so I new if there was a time to kick these then its now. I was horrified when reading alll of the stories on here and on other sites about the withdrawls that come with kicking this. So here I am, I took a week off to deal with it. I have seen so many posts about how people can't take the time off. I own a buisness and have a ton going on. You just have to say screw and take the time. Make something up if you have to. I took my last 15mg perc 48hrs ago. I am feeling the WD's but its managable. Ya, it sucks but you gotta deal with it. I got a good multi-vitamen and a b-6 supplement from the store and I am taking that 2 times daily. I jsut went and picked up some sleepy time tea which I will try tonight. These are my symptoms: day 1 very restless, dirahea, overall ??????,no sleep. day 2 still crapy, headache setting in pretty good and very lithargic(sp?). So yes I am expirence WD's but I just feel as those they are not hitting me as bad as I was thinking. I do realize that the next couple of days are going to be the true test for me but I am going to stay positive about it and take it 1 hour at a time. Hopefully I will be able to return to work next week but if not than I am going to take a couple more days. This is the most important thing right now.....for my family, job, house, and most of all myself. I will report back toward the end of day 3 and let everyone in on how its going. Thanks for all of the reading on this site, it has been helpful!
    nomo momo, SuzieOf and bbga like this.

powerless is offline Member

You are doing great. Really really good. Day 3 and 5 were always my worst for some reason. Anyway, keep on going. There are lots of things that help(all natural) that help ease the withdrawls I'm sure you have read the Thomas recipe. I own my own buisness also but can't take off. I'm enslaved to it. I actually withdrew several years ago and still managed to work. Yes, I know crazy. Anyway, congrats to day 3, it will get better!

Thanks for the encourgement! It is much appreciated. Very nice to see someone respond. I drank the sleey time tea last night and took 6mg of melatonin. I feel asleep at about 9 and woke at 430 so that wasn't to bad. Also was a little less restless than the previous night. I have been also eating bananas which I guess is suppose to help with that. I got out an got some exercise raking up the yard this morning but it was a battle to do. I am gonna rest for a while and try to regain some strength. Still feel "off" but still have no thoughts of getting any percs. This is it for me, I'm done with them for good. It is actually making me happy to think that I will never need those things again! Once again thanks for the encourgement and to anyone reading this that is taking about the same amount just know that it can be done and its not as bad as you might fear it is!

Well I am now at just about 72hrs since my last 15mg of perc. I am feeling pretty good, much better than yesterday. I actually might have some dinner tonight,(getting tired of my banana diet) so I willl see how that goes. The head ache and chills I had yesterday are gone. I feel like this may be going a little to easy and I may be in for a big suprise on day 4 but I am ready for it. I also stopped taking the immodium today and it hasn't been to bad. I can't tell you enough about the vitamens and tea that I have been using. You can almost feel them working. No plans to go the other way here, just want to make it through the next couple of days. I even scheduled work for next week, a light load of work but I think it will help to get out of the house and do something. I will report back tomorrow and let you all know of any changes that may occur along with my symptoms. Thanks again for listening and any support is much appreciated!

PunKnLuV is offline New Member

How long have you been on the dose of 60/mg a day? I think the longer you do them the harder it is. The Vitamin B and multi-vitamin are great!! I know that vitamin b always help with my energy. Bananas have potassium which helps with the restless legs feeling. I hate bananas so I usually take potassium in supplement form. You are doing fantastic. Making the decision to quit and get your life back is HUGE!!! I was in denial for such a long time. It was like a light bulb finally went off in my mind and I said.... ENOUGH!! I decided to get my life back and start following robert_325's induction and taper plan on Sunday when my COWS is at 26.

Good luck!!! Posting here is how I plan on getting through the really rough moments!!

I was taking 15mg every day for 1 year. Then went to 30mg a day for another year. I have been taking 60mg a day for the past 7 months. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it was going to be. I really feel like the vitamens are helping big time! I actually just ate dinner which was nice to do. I had myself really worried about the detox but it hasn't been to horrible. It seems to come in waves. This is the first time I have done this so I don't know if I am in the clear. From what I have read, day 4 can be real tough. I have no choice though. I have to do this. Not going to do it again thats for sure. Way to much going for myself to worry about pills. Can't believe I got hooked, I never have had a problem with anything before. These things are horrible and I don't understand how they are so readily available. Its absolutly crazy to me. I wish you well with the taper. I couldn't do the taper, if I have them, I take them till there gone. CT was the only way for me. Reading these posts have been very helpful too. It is my only real outlet as only my wife know's about this and she is by my side through out this whole process. I will check in later and give an update on my status. But for now, day 3 is done!! Onto day 4!!!!!! And I am looking foward to it.....

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You are doing really well! Keep that mindset and get your life back. Seems you lucked out pretty much on the w/d. it doesn't take long to get "hooked" and it's a mystery why we do, but hey, I'm an addict. You sound just like your name: "alldonewithit! I'm so very happy with you and btw, day 3 is usually the worst! Sometimes a malaise or lethargy sets in, but you're doing fine!

Iloerose

Sundwn is offline Member

Thumbs up

I have been keeping up with you guys here on this thread the last few days. I am on day 3 perc withdrawal. And yea, feel pretty bad. A year ago I went through wd,s ct from hydro. 10/650. 6 to 8 a day for 2 years.the wd,s were horrible but I made it. 7 months ago my back went out again. It was bad. Back to hydros. Switched to Roxie's 15 mg.90 of them. Ate them like candy.2 refills. Finally back surg. Laser. All good back is as it should be. Dr.s gave me Percs 10mg 90 these lasted about a week. 60 mg,s a day or more. Anyway, here I am again doing the ct. I feel pretty bad. Going to try and get some b6 vitamin. You said it helped with NRG? Need some of that. You guys sound pretty good and focused. Big thumbs up. Just wanted to say hello and that I was out here....

Half way through day 4 for me, last night was my toughest as far as falling asleep. I did finally get about 5 hours of sleep though.(Didn't feel like good sleep but its something) I am still feeling a little anxiety and dazed. Not looking back though. I don't need percs for my shoulder, I can deal with it. Not sure what you mean by NRG, but the B supplement says that it helps metablism and helps with energy. I did notice last night that the restlessness wasn't as bad. Still there, but not as bad as the first couple of nights. I can honestly say that I am all done with the opiates. Scary to think that these pills are just given out. I am sure that there are people that truely need them but to just hand them out is ridicoulous(sp?) I feel like saying something to my old Dr. but probally would turn out good.... I will keep up with posting on here for the next week or so with my progress, thanks again for the replies!

Sundwn is offline Member

NRG........en - r- gy = energy.....
    Quote Originally Posted by alldonewitit View Post
    Half way through day 4 for me, last night was my toughest as far as falling asleep. I did finally get about 5 hours of sleep though.(Didn't feel like good sleep but its something) I am still feeling a little anxiety and dazed. Not looking back though. I don't need percs for my shoulder, I can deal with it. Not sure what you mean by NRG, but the B supplement says that it helps metablism and helps with energy. I did notice last night that the restlessness wasn't as bad. Still there, but not as bad as the first couple of nights. I can honestly say that I am all done with the opiates. Scary to think that these pills are just given out. I am sure that there are people that truely need them but to just hand them out is ridicoulous(sp?) I feel like saying something to my old Dr. but probally would turn out good.... I will keep up with posting on here for the next week or so with my progress, thanks again for the replies!

Sundwn is offline Member

Yea, last night sleep was ridiculous. Bed was in shambles. Extreme restlessness. Kept waking up every hour or so. Not really sure if I have slept at all. I just got back from CVS. With vitamins. Afraid I was going to run into someone I knew. Small talk is the last thing I feel like being involved in. Made it home safe. ......it is amazing what these opiates can do. You really don't realize how much they change everything. How you see the world etc...deceiving fo sure.

powerless is offline Member

Your doing great. The I went ct several years ago and the sleep issue KILLED me. Sleep will be the last thing to come and when it does come back it's amazing. Try some supplememts if you have them for sleep. The opiates SUCK bad bad bad...

Default day 4 update

Just wanted to give you all an update on the progress or lack there of. It seems like I may have taken a step backwards today as my symptoms that I had on day 2 came back. I was real antsy today, and also very tired with watery eyes, also my legs seem to be hurting a bit. Anyhow, I am managing and trying not to think about it. I was still able to get outside for a bit here and there but it was more of a challange to do than enjoyable. Not going to let it get to me, I am staying focused and going to pull through. Does anyone know if this is normal? I am now at 96hrs since my last dose of 15mg. Just curious because I didn't realize that symptoms could come back and last all day. Anyways that wraps up day 4 for me, hopefully day 5 will be a little easier. Thanks again for all the encourgement and the insight. You all seem to be pretty knowledgable with this and it is much appreciated!

Sundwn is offline Member

When I went through ct doing hydro,s 10/650,s about 8 a day for 2 years. It was horrible....but on day 5 I woke up and it was gone. I was still weak. But so so thankful. I don't know , yet , how it is with perks I am on day three with this, with other things involved as well. If you read a few posts up. It's there. But I would think there about the same. It really does depend on how long one has been taking. Hang in there young man. I truly believe you are very close. Maybe Just a couple days away. Keep posting ok?.....

Sundwn is offline Member

I see you are a young lady.......I apologize...lol

woke up today feeling much better than yesterday. headed out to catch up on some things, I will report back at the end of day 5. Also I still had trouble sleeping last night but the RLS was basically gone. Still I was able to get in 6hrs of good sleep so I def. woke up feeling refreshed.

Sundwn is offline Member

Yes, I too feel much ,much better. This is day 4 for me. Not sure I trust it quite yet. But for you, sounds about right. Nevertheless, stay vigil , don't push it. Any exercise you can get will only increase your natural endorphins and that's really what you want more than anything. But don't make yourself sick. My guess is that you haven't been eating like you normally do. Now is the time to get the right foods back into your system. Take it slow. So glad you have turned the corner. I believe you have....

thalia45 is offline Member

Well I am now at just about 72hrs since my last 15mg of perc. I am feeling pretty good, much better than yesterday. I actually might have some dinner tonight,(getting tired of my banana diet) so I willl see how that goes. The head ache and chills I had yesterday are gone. I feel like this may be going a little to easy and I may be in for a big suprise on day 4 but I am ready for it. I also stopped taking the immodium today and it hasn't been to bad. I can't tell you enough about the vitamens and tea that I have been using. You can almost feel them working. No plans to go the other way here, just want to make it through the next couple of days. I even scheduled work for next week, a light load of work but I think it will help to get out of the house and do something. I will report back tomorrow and let you all know of any changes that may occur along with my symptoms. Thanks again for listening and any support is much appreciated!
    Check out the electrolyte combo at Whole Foods: Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium ... it is truly a miracle.

Thalia45
    minivin likes this.

Day 5 is just about complete for me. Today was a good day, spent it with the family and had a great time! Even went out to a busy place for lunch, couple of days ago this would not of happened. Almost no anxiety today at all and also much clearer head today. I hope everyone is sticking this out as day 5 has been the best for me for sure! Thanks everyone that has posted, I will update again tomorrow to let everyone know whats going on with symtoms. But for now they def. seem better. I would say I am about 85 percent better.

thalia45 is offline Member

Just wanted to give you all an update on the progress or lack there of. It seems like I may have taken a step backwards today as my symptoms that I had on day 2 came back. I was real antsy today, and also very tired with watery eyes, also my legs seem to be hurting a bit. Anyhow, I am managing and trying not to think about it. I was still able to get outside for a bit here and there but it was more of a challange to do than enjoyable. Not going to let it get to me, I am staying focused and going to pull through. Does anyone know if this is normal? I am now at 96hrs since my last dose of 15mg. Just curious because I didn't realize that symptoms could come back and last all day. Anyways that wraps up day 4 for me, hopefully day 5 will be a little easier. Thanks again for all the encourgement and the insight. You all seem to be pretty knowledgable with this and it is much appreciated!
    I have noticed I have "ankles" again; apparently Hydro bloats the joints... anyway I am here with you, Thalia45

Sundwn is offline Member

Day 5 tomorrow. But today, day 4 , has been the turn in the corner. The wd,s have pretty much turned me loose. I have subsisted on orange juice for the most part for 3 days. Tonight an amazing women cooked asparagus, baked potato, and a huge rib- eye. It was a lot of food. I could not eat as much as I normally would....but still, for what I went through the past few days. An impressive appetite just the same. I am thankful to all who have posted on here. Your trails and tribulations have been enlightning and helpful....carpe diem.

Day 6 Update.......Woke up early today and even know I could have taken the day off, I decided to go to work. It was a good day and I got 8hrs. in. Yes, I am tired and still a little antsy but it felt good to go and work! I feel so much better and alive. I will continue to post a couple more days to let you all know how its going but for now it is great and most symptoms have diminished or only show up for a little while and go away. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Sundwn is offline Member

Aldonewithit, glad to hear you put in a full day at work. That is real progress. The antsy feeling is tough at times for sure. As for me. Yesterday was great. But today, not so much. Antsy, no NRG. I was expecting to be fully released. Well looks like I spoke to soon. Although its not what it was for sure. Today ....day 5

SuzieOf is offline Member

Congratulations, you did it!! And it could have been so much worse. Often people get so afraid of going through the withdrawals that they will get on suboxone and that's basically what I did. When I tried to go off cold turkey, even at 2 mg.'s it was hell with each day being worse than the last. And on the 9th. day it was worse than ever. Then I got back on to taper using Roberts plan. I'm only writing this in case someone is reading that is considering going from pain pill usage to suboxone as a way of bypassing the withdrawals. I really wish I had just toughed it out with the pain pills.

Anyway, each day will get better for you now and you should be very proud of yourself. You had less fear in your posts than the average and it just goes to show what an enemy fear can be.

If you read back the same thing happened to me from day 3 to day 4. Day 6 was my best day for sure! Check back tomorrow, it will be a full week for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundwn View Post
    Aldonewithit, glad to hear you put in a full day at work. That is real progress. The antsy feeling is tough at times for sure. As for me. Yesterday was great. But today, not so much. Antsy, no NRG. I was expecting to be fully released. Well looks like I spoke to soon. Although its not what it was for sure. Today ....day 5

Sundwn is offline Member

Ok, day 6. Led suit is gone. Somewhat exhausted from the whole ride. A little trouble this morning with waste management, to put it delicately . But......the led suit feeling is gone and for those of you who know that feeling. This is the most welcome progress of all. So I feel jubilant for the most part. But a little untrustworthy of this release. Nevertheless, forward the light brigade, it's only going to get better from here. Has to, right?......aldonewithit......what is your day 7 brought you?

i just wrapped up day 7. worked another full day and really the only symptom i am noticing is that I am real irritable. Meaning that if something is not going right I get antsy and my heart starts racing. I was good all day but when I got home the baby was crying and it has me real antsy all of a sudden. Also didn't sleep well last night. Not looking back though. this marks 1 week for me!

Sundwn is offline Member

Yes, I can relate to the antsy thing. I too have a good deal of that. It's aggravating because you just want to feel normal. And this antsy feeling is anything but. But here's the thing. It took a while to get where we are. It's going to take some time to get back. But I believe not as long as you might think. Antsy and patience do not go hand in hand. But you are doing great. Day 7. Think about that. You will never, never have to go through this hell again. Remember it. Keep the faith your doing great......sundwn.

Sundwn is offline Member

I have to type this. I just came off stage where I am a singer and theatre comedian. We have 1100 people in our audience tonight. I am one of the main people in this show. All eyes are on me when I am out there. I hoped and prayed that my will and talents would pull me through. Well, it did. Along with whatever angels weather you believe in them or not. My point. This is not easy. Heart racing, being nervous. I am a professional have been for 25 years with this theater. How I am doing this I will never really know. Coming back to reality through wd,s is tough on me tonite. I have more appearances to go. Please say a prayer for me. Being myself is very , very, tough for me tonite. God how I long to feel normal. I am typing this in my dressing room........sundwn

Sundwn is offline Member

I have to go back out on stage here shortly. And I am in a very strange place. Timing is a very important part of who and what I am when I am out there. I believe I have calmed some since my first appearance . I think I did ok. The audience was very good to me. But I feel I am cheating them. The nights I do this I am different every time. It is who I am. I am just trying to go through the motions now.........my time is come. I am going onstage....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast