Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By DDAVE45
  • 2 Post By sjan17
  • 1 Post By Elyse123
feel like i'm in constant detox!
    sjan17 is offline Member

Default feel like i'm in constant detox!

What a week it's been...I feel like just jumping! I'm not sure how much more i can take. Every time I try to taper, I struggle with w/d big time. I'm trying to stablize at .75 but it's been a struggle. A little is normal, but I feel horrible! I don't know why i'm having so much trouble. Yesterday, I actually took .50 in am and couldn't stablize so I took another .25. I was on my way to work and just couldn't stand the flush feeling...hotness in the face...still having those issues. Is it the naloxone?? does anyone know? I am trying so hard to get down to .75 and stablize so I can do this right and not jump too soon, but I'm so sick of all of this. I honestly didn't think I would have so much trouble. I'm so tired of not having ANY energy. Yes, I'm taking all the amino acids, D-phen, all the b's etc....some clondine at night every now and then and no benzos at all. I feel so isolated...I'm home every day after work just dealing with this. Smile and >>>> it till I make it at work and then come home and hibernate. I feel like my life is just on hold! I just don't feel good, but I'm going to force myself to run today after my .5 dose. I wonder if I just don't take the subs over the weekend and suffer through a weekend detox that by monday morning the body will take better to stablizing at the lower dose? I know I've come a ways, but it has not been easy. Thanks all for reading.....

DDAVE45 is offline Member

sorry your going through all this ......i honestly dont know what could be making you feel like this. Its not like this is your 1st day at .75....you've been at this dose for awhile now i believe. It could be that your allergic to the nalaxone.....Robert would know more about this.....hopefully he sees your thread and posts. You def shouldnt be struggling like this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by sjan17 View Post
    What a week it's been...I feel like just jumping! I'm not sure how much more i can take. Every time I try to taper, I struggle with w/d big time. I'm trying to stablize at .75 but it's been a struggle. A little is normal, but I feel horrible! I don't know why i'm having so much trouble. Yesterday, I actually took .50 in am and couldn't stablize so I took another .25. I was on my way to work and just couldn't stand the flush feeling...hotness in the face...still having those issues. Is it the naloxone?? does anyone know? I am trying so hard to get down to .75 and stablize so I can do this right and not jump too soon, but I'm so sick of all of this. I honestly didn't think I would have so much trouble. I'm so tired of not having ANY energy. Yes, I'm taking all the amino acids, D-phen, all the b's etc....some clondine at night every now and then and no benzos at all. I feel so isolated...I'm home every day after work just dealing with this. Smile and >>>> it till I make it at work and then come home and hibernate. I feel like my life is just on hold! I just don't feel good, but I'm going to force myself to run today after my .5 dose. I wonder if I just don't take the subs over the weekend and suffer through a weekend detox that by monday morning the body will take better to stablizing at the lower dose? I know I've come a ways, but it has not been easy. Thanks all for reading.....

sjan ........ If you were having an adverse reaction to the naloxone you would have had it before getting this low on your dosing. It would have happened with the very first dose. Those reactions are so obvious, it knocks you silly as soon as you take the first dose.

I'm assuming you're reducing to .75mg from 1mg? First off, take the entire .75mg dose at once, I would do it late morning if you can wait that long. It has a long half life, up to 72 hours or longer so it should last through the evening if you are stabilizing.

When you get under 1mg it can be a little tricky! Stick it out for a few days if you can, if by day three you are still in w/d, then take an extra .25mg sliver and start the four days at .75mg over again. Seldom does it take doing this process more than once to stabilize. You want to get stable at these low doses though before reducing again or your misery will follow you down at every dose and worsen. Take your time at this point. No reason to rush yourself now.

I will keep an eye out for you. If I can help you let me know. You don't have far to go so try and settle down, think positive, and follow what I've suggested above. That process I just described will usually work. Don't take a sliver just to be doing it but it's certainly nothing to be ashamed of at this point in the process. Hope that helps.

This is also a good time to add the supplements from the Thomas Recipe to your daily regimen. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-10-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

sjan17 is offline Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    sjan ........ If you were having an adverse reaction to the naloxone you would have had it before getting this low on your dosing. It would have happened with the very first dose. Those reactions are so obvious, it knocks you silly as soon as you take the first dose.

I'm assuming you're reducing to .75mg from 1mg? First off, take the entire .75mg dose at once, I would do it late morning if you can wait that long. It has a long half life, up to 72 hours or longer so it should last through the evening if you are stabilizing.

When you get under 1mg it can be a little tricky! Stick it out for a few days if you can, if by day three you are still in w/d, then take an extra .25mg sliver and start the four days at .75mg over again. Seldom does it take doing this process more than once to stabilize. You want to get stable at these low doses though before reducing again or your misery will follow you down at every dose and worsen. Take your time at this point. No reason to rush yourself now.

I will keep an eye out for you. If I can help you let me know. You don't have far to go so try and settle down, think positive, and follow what I've suggested above. That process I just described will usually work. Don't take a sliver just to be doing it but it's certainly nothing to be ashamed of at this point in the process. Hope that helps.

This is also a good time to add the supplements from the Thomas Recipe to your daily regimen. God bless.
    Robert...thank you for replying...my spirits were so low, but reading your post alone brought tears to my eyes and gave me hope! Pretty sad..huh? I have been really feeling down because I've been trying so hard to get down to the .75mg/day. I think I took that dose 2 days last week and the other days, I had to take a sliver just to get by as I was just miserable at work. It's like the body is saying, you didn't give me enough and I want more. I'm saying NO, you don't get more because I want and need to make progess, I only have 4 strips left and the last place I want to go is to the pain dr again and have to fork out 300.00 just to get another script for more subs. It's such a ripoff - no counseling, no nothing, but the script and I have to get robbed when I have great health insurance...ticks me off. Then, i looked into going to an addictionologist and if you 1st time patient, it's 500.00 cash and 200 for each visit for subs. I just don't want to go back ever to another pain dr as long as I live! Pain dr, osteopaths, blah, blah, GRRRR....I just don't have anything good to say about doctors in general from my experience here.

Anyway....Robert, thank you for your support...I mean that from the bottom of my heart...I appreciate you not making me feel bad for taking a sliver here and there. I am trying SO hard, maybe too hard. I will do as you say and try it out for 3 more days and see how it goes at the .5mg and .25 late afternoon. Maybe my rough past week was needed for me to stablize as I'm feeling a bit better today. It's almost 4:00 and I'm doing ok at the .5mg so far. However, if I start to feel the w/d again another morning after the .5 in the next couple of days, I'll do just as you suggested and take the .75 all at one time. I was feeling guilty for doing that one day, but you're actually suggesting it so that gives me peace of mind. Again, yes, I want your help and guidance. Please help me to rid of this ...I want my freedom back. I swear I will never take a opiate again. I'll deal with the back pain. Some days are not as bad and I just want to not feel w/d AT ALL so I can separate the neck/back pain. Right now, I get confused...is it my back or am I w/ding? I hope that makes sense....other ppl feel that way too I would think. You are right! I need to be more patient, but it's such a bad feeling to be in a constant w/d. I did exercise today...went for a 6 mile fast walk/jog and I'm going to try to do this at least 3 times during the week too. Yes, I'm taking all the vitamins and amino acids...not sure if there are helping, but I'm taking them anyway. I'll keep you posted on how each day goes. Thank you once again. It is SO very much appreciated!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-11-2012 at 02:47 PM.

sjan......a little exercise goes a long way, you will def notice that if you keep up your walks/jogs. Make sure you keep posting ....ill be here too if you need anything.

sjan17 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDAVE45 View Post
    sjan......a little exercise goes a long way, you will def notice that if you keep up your walks/jogs. Make sure you keep posting ....ill be here too if you need anything.
    Good morning DDAVE45,
    Just can't tell you how much your support is appreciated at this time. Thank you so much for checking in. Man, I admire your strength and tenacity for doing what you did to get off the subs. I have a couple of questions specifically for you because of the way you got off of these. 1) First, you were on the subs from what I remember reading for like 10 months before you decided to taper off. Why were you on the subs? did you have pain? I ask because I do have neck/back pain and just can't get rid of it no matter what I try. Some days are not as bad as others, but this morning, it was very bad and along with the feeling of needing the opiate, it just felt horrible like I was in major w/d. Sometimes, I feel like I will need to consider staying on the subs for life due to this neck/back pain because it does help a lot! At 8:00 this morning, I took the morning dose of .5 and went back to bed and felt so much better after 15 minutes or so. I can so feel the pain still, but it's managable and I feel stable now and it's 11:30. 2)The second ? I have for you is were you able to go to work and function normally when you totally jumped? I know you weaned down to practically nothing, but you did it the way I will need to do this as I can't miss work. I am so anxious and scared for that day to come and just wondering how my body will take it since I've had so much trouble stablizing. How many days has it been so far you being clean? Do you feel completely back to normal? and if so, how many days did it take for you to feel like that? YOU are an awesome example of success and I know many folks will need to do it the way you did it. Ok...wish me luck today. Yesterday, I managed to stay at the .75 all day (.5 in the a.m. and .25 late afternoon). Plan on doing the same today and so far so good.

i was actually on suboxone for 3 years....i started out taking pills recreationally with friends .....then it became a habit and next thing i know im doing >>>>>>. Then i started taking methadone but was still getting high. All that lasted about 3 and a half years......in that period of time i lost everything, so i decided that i was gonna try suboxone....and it worked for me and prob. saved my life. In my 3 years of taking it i didnt get high once.
    While i was detoxing off the subs i did work full-time.....sometimes even 50-60 hours. I just tried to keep myself as busy as possible....exercising as much as i could and just staying busy. And trust me ..there were days that were not easy for me...my main issue was having trouble sleeping, but that would only last a day or 2 until i was stable. After i jumped at .0039 ...i never had any trouble with sleeping or anything.....just a few wierd dreams about dosing. I think im 43 days subfree now, and yes i do feel completely back to normal......i cant even explain how good it feels. im hoping that you will have the same experience. I know your determined to do this...just take it one day at a time.
    Robert_325 and dsac6060 like this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Dave ..... so proud of you brother! What an inspiration you are to the newcomers! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

sjan17 is offline Member

i was actually on suboxone for 3 years....i started out taking pills recreationally with friends .....then it became a habit and next thing i know im doing >>>>>>. Then i started taking methadone but was still getting high. All that lasted about 3 and a half years......in that period of time i lost everything, so i decided that i was gonna try suboxone....and it worked for me and prob. saved my life. In my 3 years of taking it i didnt get high once.
    While i was detoxing off the subs i did work full-time.....sometimes even 50-60 hours. I just tried to keep myself as busy as possible....exercising as much as i could and just staying busy. And trust me ..there were days that were not easy for me...my main issue was having trouble sleeping, but that would only last a day or 2 until i was stable. After i jumped at .0039 ...i never had any trouble with sleeping or anything.....just a few wierd dreams about dosing. I think im 43 days subfree now, and yes i do feel completely back to normal......i cant even explain how good it feels. im hoping that you will have the same experience. I know your determined to do this...just take it one day at a time.
    Thanks DDAVE45,
    You are such an inspiration! I too, hope to experience it the way you did with minimal w/d's when the time comes. It is definitely not a cake walk, but I know it's possilbe. Even though I struggle, when I look back when I started this in mid Jan. this year, I know I have made progress. I remember being at 2mg and thinking and posting that it didn't seem like I was ever going to make it below 2mgs, but I have. So to anyone reading.....if you get discouraged, think and look back and be proud of the progress you are making. It's ppl like you that give us the strengh and hope that we are going to make it if we keep up the fight. Man, you should be SO PROUD of yourself. And....thank you for so much for coming back on consistently to check in all the time. You have no idea how much your support and concern means to me. You, and Fedupnow, Dsas6060 and Suboxoned, Denny D and especially to Robert_325...thank you all for sharing this journey, for your support, for caring...I honestly don't know how I'd do this without the support from this forum. It's truly been and continues to be a Godsend for sure. I hope to be celebrating soon. I know I still have a ways to go as I seem to be have a body that keeps resisting or just takes a good while before I stabilize, but eventually, I do know you DO stabilize. Thank you for your recent post DDAVE45! Thank you to everyone
    dsac6060 and fedupnow like this.

thank you Robert....its been a long journey to get where i am ..... once you have some time away from drugs your body and mind repairs itself ....and it really is an amazing feeling.
    Sjan ......thats funny you said that about your progress....cause i was gonna remind you of that last nite. I know you have struggled and at times it hasnt been easy for you...but you have made progress and i know you have to feel good about that. Im goin to continue to check up on you so keep posting my man.

Elyse123 is offline Member

Sjan , things will get better, they will I promise! Im on day four of my last dose of the Subs and im feeling good I did the tapper with Robert .....i had my days, I know what you mean about pain , cause I have many contributing illnesses that cause much pain, but guess what??? I have less pain now than when was on opiates !!!! Hang in there, you're almost done and take your time , you'll be okay, im rooting for you!!

Ddave45 , wow ! You are a real inspiration, my hat is off to you , you did it! Congrats and keep fighting the good fight!

Robert.......is all I have to say lol

with love,

Elyse
    Robert_325 likes this.

sjan.......Whats goin on with you?.......you feeling any better?

fedupnow is offline Member

sjan17, hang in there my friend! Things will get rough and get better. Up and down roller coaster and just hang on! I'm at 3 weeks now and feel great..

What helped me a lot was to keeping thinking about how far we've come. You had issue's coming down from 2 mg's and here you are at 0.75mg Your almost there!

These lower doses can be tricky and hard to adjust too but you will get stable!

Luminol is offline New Member

Wow dave, reading this really gave me hope. I made a new post in these threads called "Suboxone 5 years need help" and im at 1.75 Mg in Am and Pm. and ready to cut again. but im SO DEPENDANT on this drug im so scared i wont be happy without it. It gives me my energy and reason to face every day and have read some people being clean 30+ days and still feel extremely depressed and no energy. Thank you for sharing your story.