Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By raven4141
Didnt like suboxone
    roxy43 is offline New Member

Default Didnt like suboxone

I recently tried the suboxone and was extremely dissapointed. It may be that I am not really commited to quitting my drugs I honestly prefer the methadone because like everyone has read subs are only a partial agonist and I just didnt feel satisfied even after I kept increasing my dose. It wasnt that I was still in withdrawl but it just didnt give me that satified high that methadone does for me. I am thinking of going back to it. Everyone says it takes 37- 72 hours to feel drugs again after subs but I was taking 8mg when I quit 2x a day and did it only a week and it only took me one day to feel my drugs again in full effect. I'm really disssapointed in myself I thought I was done with all this but when I get depressed I just cant stand it I feel suicidal after a few days and I use again. When I use I become a different person that euphoria takes over and I smile again, I can laugh about things I feel hopeful. I feel like I am actually living my life instead of dreading it. The worst part is that everyone close to me knows when Im high now because my mood change is so extreme that I feel like I need to avoid my family because if they see me happy they'll know I'm high. Everyone really close to me knows how depressed I am and Im usually really quiet so when my voice starts to carry and I dont shut up they know Im on a good one. Im just dissapointed right now I really wanted this to work

Elyse123 is offline Member

Roxy 43

Im sorry you're feeling this way.....have you ever talked to someone about your depression? I know it's hard but self medicating on drugs is never the answer. Your life is precious....you can get help for your depression, don't loose hope...
    Addiction just leads to the darkest places....it tear's lifes apart....maybe you can see a doctor and talk and perhaps the doctor can help you with your depression. I will send a prayer for you..I really wish you would reconsider...i wish you well.

With love,
    Elyse

roxy43 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elyse123 View Post
    Roxy 43

Im sorry you're feeling this way.....have you ever talked to someone about your depression? I know it's hard but self medicating on drugs is never the answer. Your life is precious....you can get help for your depression, don't loose hope...
    Addiction just leads to the darkest places....it tear's lifes apart....maybe you can see a doctor and talk and perhaps the doctor can help you with your depression. I will send a prayer for you..I really wish you would reconsider...i wish you well.

With love,
    Elyse
    I have but I have never really felt like other medications have helped. Just opiates. They give me that happy rush I gave up on other meds and being happy years ago.

raven4141 is offline New Member

I do not have any solutions for you, just support and to let you know you are not alone in this. I suffered from depression for a long time and opiates, AT FIRST, seemed to finally be the medication that helped me feel happy! I would take a pill and suddenly feel like socializing, making phone calls, was chatty at stores with strangers...etc. I totally know what you are saying. I wondered why they didn't just prescribe this stuff to people that were depressed!?

Elyse is right though. It's a trick. It's a lie. For my it was a big scary dragon luring me in with a false sense of happiness that slowly turned into hell on earth. Suddenly I was trapped in a room with the dragon and it was not making me happy. It does not last!

I too am still seeking the answers. I am learning how to "be happy" on my own. Perhaps reminding ourselves that others around us can do it helps. I look at my kids and it comes so naturally to them. I try to go back to that time before "life" got in the way. Perhaps starting there and working through "life" slowly from there would help? There is something cool about the innocence of a smile from a child. My kids teach me all the time. Do you have any children in your life? Yours? Friends? Maybe go sit at a park? Watching them does wonders. Try it.
    Elyse123, SuzieOf and Kat_Carson19 like this.

Elyse123 is offline Member

Roxy 43,

I so get depression, I've suffered of it for years and still do....i cannot convince you that life can be better but I can tell you this....with the opiates as Raven 4141 said...its the biggest trick of all.....i know life is better for me without them! I know a lot of people who thought , this is it, this makes me feel great! Im happy, and ultimately either ended tragically or the depression was worsened because of the up's and down's of the opiates...
    Eventually you'll realize your depression won't get better it may get worse. There is a lot of support here and I know you mentioned family....please, reach out , stay positive , just know life is really precious, I don't know your life story but all I can say is it will and can get better.....please fight for yourself ....i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers ....

Elyse..

zachsteve is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by roxy43 View Post
    I recently tried the suboxone and was extremely dissapointed. It may be that I am not really commited to quitting my drugs I honestly prefer the methadone because like everyone has read subs are only a partial agonist and I just didnt feel satisfied even after I kept increasing my dose. It wasnt that I was still in withdrawl but it just didnt give me that satified high that methadone does for me. I am thinking of going back to it. Everyone says it takes 37- 72 hours to feel drugs again after subs but I was taking 8mg when I quit 2x a day and did it only a week and it only took me one day to feel my drugs again in full effect. I'm really disssapointed in myself I thought I was done with all this but when I get depressed I just cant stand it I feel suicidal after a few days and I use again. When I use I become a different person that euphoria takes over and I smile again, I can laugh about things I feel hopeful. I feel like I am actually living my life instead of dreading it. The worst part is that everyone close to me knows when Im high now because my mood change is so extreme that I feel like I need to avoid my family because if they see me happy they'll know I'm high. Everyone really close to me knows how depressed I am and Im usually really quiet so when my voice starts to carry and I dont shut up they know Im on a good one. Im just dissapointed right now I really wanted this to work
    At least sub is not dangerous like methadone, ???? can cause cardic and respiratory arrest. Methadone addicts don't like to hear it but its true. I've been around a lot of people on done, they get camped enough you have to remind them to breath. Only a matter of time before they don't wake up. I would stay at a super low dose, less than 30 mg, you'll have a much better chance at living into middle age and beyond.