• 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 2 Post By stacy_1970
  • 1 Post By ByMyself
  • 1 Post By goodwrench1
Day 6 Taper
    goodwrench1 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Day 6 Taper

I woke up today as I usually do with the baby at 4AM. I was so cold all over especially my legs. I told myself to just ignore it and I feed the baby and got her back to bed. I usually take my morning dose at this time but I didnt. When I did wake at about 7 I felt surprisingly better. I wrestled with the idea of jumping off. All though mild I have WD of some sort each day. I feel like my jumping off point is coming soon. Robert did you say you jumped at .5mg. Anybody out there jumped off the High Boards 2mg, 1mg, .5mg.
    I am going to take my AM dose somewhat begrudgingly. I feel like its prolonging my misery. But I have four kids and working the taper is probably the right thing to do for them. So Day two at 3mg here I come.
    Jjjake65 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by goodwrench1 View Post
    I woke up today as I usually do with the baby at 4AM. I was so cold all over especially my legs. I told myself to just ignore it and I feed the baby and got her back to bed. I usually take my morning dose at this time but I didnt. When I did wake at about 7 I felt surprisingly better. I wrestled with the idea of jumping off. All though mild I have WD of some sort each day. I feel like my jumping off point is coming soon. Robert did you say you jumped at .5mg. Anybody out there jumped off the High Boards 2mg, 1mg, .5mg.
    I am going to take my AM dose somewhat begrudgingly. I feel like its prolonging my misery. But I have four kids and working the taper is probably the right thing to do for them. So Day two at 3mg here I come.

I would advise to continue your taper. I know people who've jumped off at 2-3mg successfully and are still clean, but for weeks or a solid month afterwards they could barely get up off the couch. It's a deal where you feel like you weigh a ton, sleep is non-existant, it's a really tough detox at that point.

With kids to look after you would be totally miserable. It won't be that long if you do this the way we've discussed and you surely won't suffer so badly. What's a month or two of tapering compared to sheer agony for a solid month? I would stay on track and follow the path of least resistance! Remember that staying clean is a process and not an event. We didn't get this way in a day, we need a little time to recover properly. Hope that helps. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 02-11-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Jjjake65 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

When you stopped was it at .5mg. I would like to set a goal. I know that the goal would not be set in stone but a goal would be good for me. Thanks I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by goodwrench1 View Post
    When you stopped was it at .5mg. I would like to set a goal. I know that the goal would not be set in stone but a goal would be good for me. Thanks I appreciate it.

Yes, I stopped tapering at .5mg. But then I did the two week day-skipping process. It wasn't that hard for me. Others have had challenges doing it at .5mg but I guess that I had done cold turkies so many times I could handle a little discomfort willingly.

It wasn't really that bad for me. Once the two weeks of skipping days was over it was a piece of cake after that. But we are all a little different. Good thing about subs is that if you try it and you get into a bind, you can always take a tiny sliver and start over the next day feeling fine where you left off. You should think about it. God bless.
    dsac6060 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

OK thank you for explaining how it went for you. I will stick to it.

dsac6060 is offline Member

Hmmmmmmm maybe this answers my question I had asked this morning about jumping off??? Am i being too overzealous and thinking I can just jump off at 1.5 mg? Or can I really do it? AHHHHHHHHH decisions
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

Quote Originally Posted by dsac6060 View Post
    Hmmmmmmm maybe this answers my question I had asked this morning about jumping off??? Am i being too overzealous and thinking I can just jump off at 1.5 mg? Or can I really do it? AHHHHHHHHH decisions

FOR WHAT MY OPINION IS WORTH TO YOU I WOULD NOT DO IT!!!

Yeah no kidding. The lower I go the harder it is. Im sure it was just the sub talking/thinking when I thought I could jump at that high a dose. I am struggling to stay at 1mg but am managing. One day at a time. If it was that easy I wouldnt be here looking for help. The end is close yet so far away but with half the effort I put into getting myself here Im sure I can get my self out.
    E-

stacy_1970 is offline New Member

I tried jumping off at 2MG - it was awful!! So I continued to taper down over 4 weeks until I got down to .5mg. I took my last .5 dose last Friday (2/24). The first days were rough but livable. Night time was especially tough but I would keep getting up, walking around and what really helped was hot showers for my muscle aches (leg and upper torso jerks too). After 2 years of subs, a detox back in November, I started the taper program mid November. I am finally drug/alcohol free for the first time in many years. You sound strong and determined - your will power will get you thru it!! Taper to the .5mg (take same set time everyday) after you've adjusted to .5 for a few weeks and make the jump. It will be uncomfortable but I promise - you will get thru it. Last night I had very slight discomfort and I slept all night without waking from body jerks. Today I feel phenomenal!! Good luck!
    fedupnow and goodwrench1 like this.

ByMyself is offline Junior Member

I did the taper plan just as robert said and i didnt have a hard time. I gues thier wher small problems but nothing i can remember that where so bad. With kids at home if it where me i would just do it the right way. Roberts way. I was clean for a year. In the gym andall. I dont know why im hear again. Im just trying to get through it again and know this time that the 1 pill will do me in!
    goodwrench1 likes this.

Thanks. I realize now that I cant go faster even though I want to. Its a recipe for disaster. I think maybe the addict in me wanted me to go faster so that I would feel bad and then relapse. Slow and steady wins the race. So I wrote out a weekly plan and I am hoping to be at low enough dose to jump by the 19th of this month. That will give me two weeks free from work to recover. I think its my best chance.
    stacy_1970 likes this.